This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-12-2006 01:32:18 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

You look like.....

....apparently according to my boyfriend, I look like Drew Barrymore. All I need to look exactly like her is contacts that change my eyecolor and a haircut. (....but I love my hair....)

....I could also probably lose some weight and cosplay Belldandy, only with glasses. emot-smile

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#2 | Back to Top11-12-2006 04:26:18 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Re: You look like.....

I'll bite.

I have some peripheral resemblance to Juri (tall, curly red hair, greenish eyes) and I got a lot of Kate Winslet comments back when Titanic was super popular. It didn't help that my middle name was Rose and I'm not fond of my first name.

I have a hard time buying any of it, but whatever.emot-dance

EDIT: Oh yeah, some chick at a SCA event once told me I looked like "Scarlet Johannson, if only you do something about those jewbrows" and I was pretty freaking amused by that.

Last edited by Hinotori (11-12-2006 04:28:22 PM)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#3 | Back to Top11-12-2006 06:43:32 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Which is me and which is Jackie Kennedy Onassis?  You cannot tell because we are body doubles!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/jackieandme-eq.jpg

#4 | Back to Top11-12-2006 07:23:29 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Me'n one of my ex girlfriends looked almost like twins.

Um.

Thinking back, that's a lil disturbing.

& once a couple of friends told me that I look like Anna Karina, but I don't see it?

http://www.lemon-chiffon.org/etc/1.jpg http://www.lemon-chiffon.org/etc/2.jpg

??? emot-confused

& @ satyreyes... emot-aaa The smile is exactly the same!! emot-gonk

#5 | Back to Top11-12-2006 07:30:10 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I don't look like anyone famous. However, I'll tell you who I do look like. This has been tested and proven countless times.

I look like someone you know.

That cousin you haven't seen in a while, that girl in grade school, someone you used to work with... that's who I look like. I look like the girl in Missouri who ran the rabbit farm, or the girl who dropped out of your dance classes. I look like one of your exes, or maybe like the girl who always hung out in the back of your theater club but never said anything.

These are all real examples of people I've been mistaken for. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if my name is Elizabeth, or whether I went to school at Vic Comp. I have one of those faces, I guess, because it seems like whenever I meet someone new, they ask, "Don't I know you from somewhere? Didn't you work at the hospital last year?"

For some reason, the answer's always no. It's just one of the weird things that always happens to me. emot-dance

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top11-12-2006 07:34:17 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Yasha wrote:

I don't look like anyone famous. However, I'll tell you who I do look like. This has been tested and proven countless times.

I look like someone you know.

Hey, now I don't have to type out something similar, because that's exactly who I look like too!  I've been called Candy (my name is not Candy), I've been asked if someone knew me, I've been told by my husband that there was someone who 'looked just like you' when he was still living in a different state (boyfriend at the time), and I've been told the same thing by someone else who lives in an entirely different state.  I really didn't think I had that generic of an appearance, but I guess I was wrong.  Who knew?

And personally I think Gio in certain pictures in IFD looks like Jennifer Connelly (sp?) in her Labyrinth days.  But that's neither here nor there.

#7 | Back to Top11-12-2006 09:24:42 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Haha, I get the same thing only from behind.

Apparently there's this girl who lives near the local supermarket named Sarah. There have been COUNTLESS times when someone has run people over calling "SARAH!!!" only to realise when I turn around that I ain't her. It's pretty terrific. emot-biggrin I guess I have a unique face or something, because for all the times someone thought I was someone when I wasn't it's almost always a back situation.

I have a familiar ass. Great.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#8 | Back to Top11-13-2006 12:36:28 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I've been compared to Tom Cruise, Cary Elwes, Sean Bean and Nicholas Cage. I don't think I look even remotely like any of those guys.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#9 | Back to Top11-13-2006 08:11:52 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Cerise wrote:

And personally I think Gio in certain pictures in IFD looks like Jennifer Connelly (sp?) in her Labyrinth days.  But that's neither here nor there.

Wow, I don't see that. emot-confused My mother says I look like Kate Winslet. I dunno. I think I look like my father. Who my mother says looks like Al Pacino. It's not true, and I wish she'd stop saying that. emot-gonk

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I've been compared to Tom Cruise, Cary Elwes, Sean Bean and Nicholas Cage. I don't think I look even remotely like any of those guys.

Two out of four of those are insanely hot. You don't look like any of them, though, you're your own hot. emot-wink

Although you can totally pretend to be Boromir. I'll be the One Ring, and you can take me by force. etc-wankgirl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#10 | Back to Top11-13-2006 09:06:07 AM

skewed_tartan
Touga Topper
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Which is me and which is Jackie Kennedy Onassis?  You cannot tell because we are body doubles!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/ … dme-eq.jpg

Is she your Mom? emot-aaa

#11 | Back to Top11-13-2006 10:02:18 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I look like my sister. Well, that's what everyone says, but we don't think we're that much alike. Except we sound a lot alike, so if you ever call me, be sure to ask if it's me speaking. school-eng101

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#12 | Back to Top11-13-2006 10:36:35 AM

iruka
Rose Smilee

As a kid I always thought it'd be awesome if someone told me "hey, you look like [actor/singer/heiress]!"... but it never happened. emot-rolleyes emot-biggrin

#13 | Back to Top11-13-2006 02:36:59 PM

littleRita
Wakaba Wrangler

I've been told in the past that I look a bit like Lisa Kudrow, but I don't really see it. I definitely look like a girlier, straight-haired version of my brother though.

#14 | Back to Top11-13-2006 06:22:12 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

Two out of four of those are insanely hot. You don't look like any of them, though, you're your own hot. emot-wink

Although you can totally pretend to be Boromir. I'll be the One Ring, and you can take me by force. etc-wankgirl

Aw shucks. Actually, I think the Sean Bean comparison came specifically because I was Boromir for Halloween one year - grew my hair out and everything. It took forever but it was worth it. The real hotness though was my girlfriend at the time dressing as Aragorn. Wish I knew where those pictures were.

But hey, he WAS the best with a sword out of all of them. school-freud

#15 | Back to Top11-13-2006 06:44:43 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

skewed_tartan wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Is she your Mom? emot-aaa

Oh my God, that explains everything! emot-biggrin

#16 | Back to Top11-13-2006 07:12:11 PM

Mylene

Giovanna wrote:

Cerise wrote:

Wow, I don't see that. emot-confused

I think it was something in your eyes and the way your hair was falling/your expression in just one or two of the pictures.  Overall, it wasn't there, but in like 2 of them, I saw it.  emot-keke

#17 | Back to Top11-13-2006 07:51:08 PM

.deep.blue.
Miki Molester

I look like Chow Yun Fat...

Well, according to my friends anyway...

._.

Last edited by .deep.blue. (11-13-2006 07:55:36 PM)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/_deep_blue_/Astarot/asatarotsig.gif

emot-keke

#18 | Back to Top11-14-2006 09:21:42 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Once upon a time in college, someone told me I looked like Joan Jett.  I suspect it was partly the cheekbones, partly the dark hair, partly the fact that at that point, I occasionally wore makeup and that was one of the times.  I still treasure the moment, because, back in the late 80s, Joan Jett was One Hot Lady.

Nowdays, I suspect I look more like Cass Elliott, only taller, with glasses, and dykey.

... only I think I've outlived Cass Elliott *checks Wikipedia* oh, hell, yes, I have.

Never mind.

Back in grad school, I was mistaken for someone else twice in a single day.  The first time was on an Army base, where some woman started calling me "Rosemary".  When I told her I wasn't Rosemary, she didn't believe me.  Later on, I was in a strip club (long story, not there of my own accord) too early for customers to be in, and one of the strippers chatted me up in a most familiar fashion.  We talked, and she asked me, "Weren't you here last week?"  I said no.  "But you drive a dark blue car, right?"  Yes, I admitted.  "You were here for the drug raid then!" 

Um.  No.

#19 | Back to Top11-14-2006 01:41:58 PM

Mylene

tohubohu wrote:

Once upon a time in college, someone told me I looked like Joan Jett.  I suspect it was partly the cheekbones, partly the dark hair, partly the fact that at that point, I occasionally wore makeup and that was one of the times.  I still treasure the moment, because, back in the late 80s, Joan Jett was One Hot Lady.

Late 80s?  Have you seen a picture of Joan Jett recently?  She's even sexier than ever before!

#20 | Back to Top11-14-2006 02:18:57 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I look like Kanae, only shorter and with blue eyes instead of green. Now all I need is a scarf and orange dress.

Mistaken identities is a very frequent occurance for me. Being a twin is actually kind of creepy, in a way. People I don't know will smile and wave at me, or talk to me as though they know, when I've never seen them before. And my friends who haven't met my sister will usually tell me that they saw me somewhere, when I was really somewhere else.

#21 | Back to Top11-14-2006 02:35:49 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Spamspamspam! Hahaha! I now spam thee with pictures of things!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e164/morosemocha/8948_214181a8be44fgxa3g13.jpg

Let's see...As I recall, the first row is Claire Daines, Kirsten Dunst, someone I don't know (Rachel Leigh Cook? I dunno) and Monica Bellucci. SCORE. On the bottom row, I think that's Giselle Bundchen, but I'm not sure, Gloria Estefan, Michelle Williams, and I don't know the last one AT ALL.

It does change depending on the picture you put in, what features are more prominant, that kinda thing, but Claire Daines and Kirsten Dunst showed up on a couple tries. This is the only one I got Monica Bellucci on, tho, so this is the one that gets posted. emot-biggrin

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#22 | Back to Top11-14-2006 08:24:00 PM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

I think you look like Renee Zellweger.

#23 | Back to Top11-15-2006 01:23:35 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I think you look like super cute. But that collage thing is really neat. If you sign up for the website do they send you a lot of spam?

#24 | Back to Top11-15-2006 07:49:39 AM

Ger
Rose Smilee
Website

satyreyes wrote:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/ … dme-eq.jpg

*dies*emot-gonk XD

#25 | Back to Top11-15-2006 10:34:52 AM

tohubohu
Precious One
Website

Cerise wrote:

Late 80s?  Have you seen a picture of Joan Jett recently?  She's even sexier than ever before!

Is she?   There was a time in the 90s she was looking pretty rough.  I'll have to go looking for something current!

Board footer