This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1076 | Back to Top11-15-2014 02:02:16 AM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Re: MOTHER EFFING YAH MINECRAFT THREAD

No worries.  No one's using that floor, anyways.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1077 | Back to Top11-15-2014 11:35:27 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

So if anybody could test out the spawn hut and open the door, I'd appreciate it greatly~ emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1078 | Back to Top11-15-2014 02:56:31 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The door works!  Thanks, Bio!

Logos Technic has completed work on the Democratic Election Mediation & Maintenance sYstem, or DEMMY, commissioned by the Council of Nations.  Kita, the user guide is in your house in Corinthia. emot-smile

#1079 | Back to Top11-16-2014 01:12:05 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Funtimes behind the scenes on the server. Hardcore mode was accidentally enabled because the hosting accidentally ate the line in server.properties that defined whether or not it was set. I had to manually edit the file itself. So if you died and got banned because of it, poke me please! Command blocks should be working again.

In other news, the server may have a few hours of downtime every so often for a while, because Bio or Aine needs to manually restart the server every morning. This is about as fun for us as it sounds for all y'alls. The hosting used to be good, so. It was never this bad before.

Further news updates will be made available as they happen, and as we figure out what goes on.

Last edited by BioKraze (11-16-2014 01:13:19 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#1080 | Back to Top11-21-2014 01:33:07 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Okay, all the offices are laid out in the Council of Nations.

Three are reserved for Logos Technic to choose one of, because of an exchange of favors.  If you want to claim an office, stick a sign in it.

THAT SAID, you have to be a delegate to have an office.  Which means you have to have a nation.  I don't care if you wander off to the middle of no place, plonk down a single block, and call it your nation,  but delegates gotta represent.  I mean, we might vote on this later.  We probably have more offices and stuff than delegates, or even people on the server.  There's room for 16 delegates, after all.  We can work out what to do about that down the line.  But… just pretend to have a country.  Kingdom.  Nation.  Political construct.  Thing.

There's a big room at one end of the lower hallway that has a door like an office, but that's not an office, that's a storage room.  I'll try and stick some building supplies in there for all y'all non-creative peeps to decorate your offices with, so take anything from there that you want, but no one, I repeat, no one should be claiming that as an office.

Also, yes, everything looks like shit.  I said the offices are laid out, not that they're even blandly decorated, or that the hallways have even a preliminary layer of material laid down in them.  You get to decorate!  Yay!

Some decorating guidelines:

YES you may change the floor and ceiling.  Everything has clearance for that.
YES you may have recessed lighting in the same style as the rest of the Council building.  Clearance for that too.
YES you may use materials not found in the rest of the building, unless the Council as a whole says otherwise.
YES you may change the way the doors are laid out, provided it doesn't mess with the hallway.

Aside from that, be aware that a few rooms that look like they have windows will not have windows, (i.e: the model delegate office) I'm going to be redoing the mountain to make it more scenic and connecting the rooms to make one big building, covering up gaps in the walls, that sort of thing.  If you have questions, ask.  Also, for outside walls, I'd like it to fit with the theme, please be aware of that when making windows and choosing wall colors. (ceilings can be covered up, so no worries there)  I want this to be a more communal build, so I can't be like IT SHALL BE SO, but I can say "please".

And as of a while ago, Corinthia has a more informative visitors' guide in the welcome hut outside the gate to the transport district.

Last edited by Kita-Ysabell (11-21-2014 01:39:42 PM)

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1081 | Back to Top11-21-2014 04:29:06 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Logos thanks the Council for its generosity!  We've selected an office -- it's the lower-story one, with the forest view and the warm crackle of the common room fireplace right above it -- and taken the "reserved" signs out of the other two.  It's a beautiful office.  Our interior decorators will deface it presently.

#1082 | Back to Top11-22-2014 06:37:42 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm gettin' a "can't connect" message. emot-frown

Does anyone know where there's a jungle?  I haven't been able to find one since joining, in spite of sporadic but determined safari attempts.

#1083 | Back to Top11-23-2014 07:56:49 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Ditto.

It kicked Claymore and I off like… midnight on Friday.  Gave an announcement that the server was going to be reset, then did its thing, then I couldn't get back on, I though that was normal.  I've been getting "can't connect" since then.  It recently switched to "can't resolve hostname".

Progress?

As far as jungles go, I seem to remember someone lamenting the lack of them, and personally, I have not encountered any.  Nor have I encountered snow biomes.  Maybe we activated some sort of Super Temperate setting, though the presence of deserts would suggest otherwise, and I have no idea how hot or cold savannas are supposed to be in Minecraft.  Hmmmm…

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1084 | Back to Top11-23-2014 09:47:39 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I can't connect either, and the back-end says both you and Claymore have been logged in constantly for the last couple days, Kita. Which is total bullshit because the dashboard also won't let me stare at logs to find any issues, or start/kill the server operation, because it doesn't let me see a whole lot of anything right now.

That said, Mojang's status Twitter says that Friday, they were "updating the database which could cause some disturbance on the servers." No clue if it's linked, really, but I'll safely assume yes, it is, so nobody has a chance.

Or it could just be our host acting up again, which would be no real surprise, in truth.

Sorry, everyone. I can't fix this one. u_u

#1085 | Back to Top11-23-2014 10:40:57 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Kita-Ysabell wrote:

As far as jungles go, I seem to remember someone lamenting the lack of them, and personally, I have not encountered any.  Nor have I encountered snow biomes.  Maybe we activated some sort of Super Temperate setting, though the presence of deserts would suggest otherwise, and I have no idea how hot or cold savannas are supposed to be in Minecraft.  Hmmmm…

The wiki lists temperature values for each biome.  To my surprise, jungles are actually not that hot -- only a little warmer than swamps, which we have plenty of, and cooler than savannas, which we also have.  I guess we've just had a bad run on the RNG!  When we can get on the server again, maybe I will undertake an amazing journey many kilometers from spawn to find a jungle and study its native creatures, such as ocelots and watermelons.

I submitted a support ticket using Fluctis's web form.  It says they'll get back to me tomorrow.  I'll post when I have any news!

#1086 | Back to Top11-23-2014 10:57:22 PM

Dreaded Claymore
Rose Bride

Kita-Ysabell wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Ditto.

It kicked Claymore and I off like… midnight on Friday.  Gave an announcement that the server was going to be reset, then did its thing, then I couldn't get back on, I though that was normal.  I've been getting "can't connect" since then.  It recently switched to "can't resolve hostname".

I am experiencing the same things as Kita-Ysabell.

It was exactly midnight, Pacific coast time, that we were kicked off.

Last edited by Dreaded Claymore (11-23-2014 10:59:07 PM)

#1087 | Back to Top11-24-2014 08:21:59 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I got a fast response, less than three hours after I sent the ticket.  (I had already gone to bed.)  They apologized and said they'd fixed the problem.  I still can't log on, but at least we're back to "Can't connect to server."  I've renewed the ticket.

#1088 | Back to Top11-24-2014 10:04:00 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Fluctis says: "We are working on mitigating some parts to a new dedicated server."

Leaving aside that they may want to look up mitigating, "dedicated server" sure sounds good.

#1089 | Back to Top11-24-2014 07:40:07 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(I'm assuming, off a Wiktionary definition for "mitigate," that what Fluctis is trying to say is "we're relieving the load on certain components to a recently-installed dedicated hosting server." If true, then why they couldn't have said something like "we recently deployed a new server and it's getting overloaded like woah" is a mystery.)

ANYWAY.

Server has been killed and is back online for Dios only knows how long this time. Somebody poke me if this happens again?

#1090 | Back to Top11-25-2014 12:53:33 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

A Logosi survey team discovered a jungle tonight!  The intrepid men and women of the Logos Safari Project trekked west over 18 kilometers of oceans and mountains to chart the first known jungle on the server.  On one faraway savanna, they ran out of food and nearly starved before running across a village whose fields brimmed with potatoes.  But their efforts bore fruit in the form of jungle saplings, cocoa beans, and melons.  The researchers also sighted the fabled and elusive "jungle chicken," but were disappointed to discover that these fowl are just ordinary chickens who happen to live in the jungle.  They were unable to confirm the existence of ocelots, but unidentified animal spoor keeps hope alive for the discovery of this reclusive species.

The extensive jungle surrounds coordinates (-18300, -1600).  Other highlights of the project head's travel journal include:

- The first known discovery of ice spikes at (-4660, 340)
- Enormous savannas and deserts in and around the entire area of (-15000, 300) to (-17000, -1200)
- Ocean temples at (-6330, 263) and (-14570, 203)
- Trading-partner villages, one in desert and one on grasslands, at (-15991, -1186) and (-15807, -1364) respectively
- A large and varied herd of horses on flowered plains at (-3016, 258)
- A witch hut in a swamp full of bunnies at (-7836, 260); we speculate that the witch turns unwanted guests into bunnies
- Wolves in the forest at (-3217, 261)
- Imposing, fortresslike extreme hills west of (-10580, 312)
- Towering mountains well above the cloudline east of (-15111, -35)
- Floating islands in extreme hills near (-3272, 252) and (-7474, 285)
- The scaling of icy twin peaks Mount Cookie and Mount Chili at (-4940, 313) and (-5315, 275), respectively
- A large and beautiful flower forest surrounding (-9000, 190)
- An inspiring vista southwest of (-11357, 446), where rocky arms form a near-arch over a canyon

Logos's climate is suitable for transplanting the flora found in the jungle, and we are happy to trade our surplus.

#1091 | Back to Top11-25-2014 05:44:59 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The ice spikes are reserved, ostensibly, for an ice-palace project by Dragon Monkey, but right now I'm feeling a bit more "finders' keepers" about that. Thank you nevertheless, sat, for finding all this! emot-keke

#1092 | Back to Top11-25-2014 09:22:01 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

BioKraze wrote:

[color=#A04080]The ice spikes are reserved, ostensibly, for an ice-palace project by Dragon Monkey

Oh, for sure!  I don't mean to exert any claim of sovereignty over an 18-km-long swath of land that encompasses almost all the biomes.  I'd never be able to develop it. emot-smile  Anyone is welcome to use these findings to site a base or just take pretty screenshots.

http://s27.postimg.org/lf8krsxzj/2014_11_24_23_54_37.jpg

#1093 | Back to Top12-02-2014 11:15:18 AM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Aright, the road project is coming about as close to Elizea as it's planned to do, for now, on my way to Logos Technic.  That branch'll probably be on hold for a while, as Claymore's getting a build set up near the Council, (I'll let him tell anyone more about it if he's so inclined) and I have plans for a fantastic bridge to get there, which will bring the Road To Nowhere up to a total of three (three!) destinations.

I'm also avoiding all towns as much as possible, I think I heard they were under Aine's jurisdiction?  And I don't have permission to link them up, so.

Also, I was exploring the server, and I found the road from Survivalists' Inlet.  It's nice!  Especially considering it's a survival build, that much nether brick and lighting is impressive. You're pretty close to Elizea, also, though when I followed the road I got a bit lost, I'm not very familiar with that part of the server.

Aaaand I'm getting a "can't connect to server" message.

Last edited by Kita-Ysabell (12-02-2014 11:16:59 AM)

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1094 | Back to Top12-02-2014 04:15:54 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Should be able to connect now, unless something wonkier than "the server's offline right now" is going on.

And I'll let crystlmalice, my friend who's not on the forum, know. emot-keke

Towns, AFAIK, are under the jurisdiction of a build-nation. There's a desert ghost-town near where the Sanctum used to be, that I consider mine. Prima is technically jointly mine and crystlmalice's. Aine just doesn't want us building close to spawn, as spawn is not planned to be at that area once the real spawn is set up. Or so I last heard. All I know is "don't build like 200 blocks within spawn range" and I assumed (as I do a lot) that the town closest to spawn, on the way to Elizea, is under spawn's (Aine's) jurisdiction.

#1095 | Back to Top12-02-2014 05:03:19 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Bio wrote:

Towns, AFAIK, are under the jurisdiction of a build-nation. There's a desert ghost-town near where the Sanctum used to be, that I consider mine. Prima is technically jointly mine and crystlmalice's. Aine just doesn't want us building close to spawn, as spawn is not planned to be at that area once the real spawn is set up. Or so I last heard. All I know is "don't build like 200 blocks within spawn range" and I assumed (as I do a lot) that the town closest to spawn, on the way to Elizea, is under spawn's (Aine's) jurisdiction.

And the town of Verdana, near Logos, is a Logosi protectorate.  (It had to be, since zombies attack it sometimes when I'm working on Logos.)  We have a road and a fence and a fortification and everything.  But Kita, you knew that. emot-smile

#1096 | Back to Top12-15-2014 01:07:47 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Okay, will keep in mind town-juristictions as I make my way about building.

Speaking of which, I implemented a bit of a town on the road to Claymore's build.  Whoops?

Also, if anyone comes across stone pods near the road, those should contain cured zombie villagers.  If anyone wants to do something with them, have at it, I only make any claim to the space like three blocks above the road and any actual builds I do around it, but I'm willing to negotiate for some of those if you ask.

Also, Bio, would it be possible to implement a mail system on the server?  Nothing fancy or back-end-y, just like, a hallway off of the transport chamber that we can have chests with our names above to leave notes to one another?

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#1097 | Back to Top12-15-2014 09:11:07 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

A mail system would best be asked of Aine, not me. If it's authorized, then we can have a message center. But it won't be in the transfer chamber. I'll figure something else out for it with authorization.

#1098 | Back to Top12-16-2014 12:24:40 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

If I remember right, Kita's and my contribution to keeping the server up ran through the end of December.  Bio, how do you and Aine want to deal with it this time around?  Same?

#1099 | Back to Top12-16-2014 03:36:24 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

As it stands, I'll need to consult with Aine. I don't know what the agreement is for the foreseeable future, other than I will still be unable to cover costs. I'm also dealing with very personal issues right now, so my responses here may be sporadic and potentially acerbic. I apologize in advance.

...I still need to notify about Kita's mailroom idea, so.

#1100 | Back to Top12-16-2014 10:59:15 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

We've gotten this far without a mailroom, I'm sure we can hold out a bit longer if it's stress-producing.  Heck, I could build one somewhere, if I feel so inclined.

As far as paying for the server goes, I'd be happy to chip in again, but still, me and Paypal, we go way back, and not in a good way.  One bit of business I haven't gotten 'round to clearing up yet.  I could mail it to Satyr, though.

And Bio, take care of yourself, mmkay?  etc-love

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

Board footer