This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top03-28-2007 02:29:08 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

Re: Do I dare to make a topic about the Shadow Girls?

I always assumed it was bamboozled duelists thinking that they had a chance to win and seeing their dreams crash.

#52 | Back to Top03-29-2007 03:06:30 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

rhyaniwyn wrote:

I just re-watched the series this weekend, and it occurred to me to wonder why the last arc's shadow plays (almost) all begin with the Shadow Girls "spaceship" crashing into the Chairman's tower?

Are they attempting to emasculate Akio?

Are they trying to escape Ohtori, but Akio is "blocking" their way?

I thought it was related to the shadow play as quoted above:

A-ko- Hey look it's a UFO!
B-ko- It's a Shooting Star.
A-ko-But it's zigzagging!
B-ko- Fine, then it's a zigzagging shooting star... This reminds though...
A-ko- What?
B-ko- Back in Kindergarten, when I found out there was no such thing as Santa Claus!
A-ko- Oh come on...
B-ko- But that's okay...
A-ko- We know now...
B-ko- That Princes on White Horses..
A-ko- UFO's...
B-ko- And true hearted friends don't really exist... so please, just leave us the flying saucers.

This is, as mentioned, a very sad play -- it's about maintaining illusions despite the fact that another illusion has been in some way irrevocably destroyed. I took the UFO crashing into Akio's tower (a symbol of illusion and the power that they can have over the individual) as being a metaphor for replacing one illusion with another, destroying the old with the new so that the old could not destroy the new. And when it was realised that this could not be maintained, that they could not co-exist, the new illusion leaves the old (i.e. the Shadow Play Girls fly away in their UFO). That in itself could be seen as being a metaphor of Utena and Anthy's problems with Akio during this period; they clash, and then they leave. But was that really such a good idea? [coughs]

(Ugh, I am annoyed now. I'm now wondering if the SPG are metaphors for Anthy and Utena, in that A-ko and B-ko are Anthy's duelling interior selves and C-ko is Utena's blissly blithe and unaware singular self, but that is hurting my head and is just another late-night crackpot idea. Thus, I shall sleep now! [conks out])

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#53 | Back to Top03-30-2007 02:02:33 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

I don't think it's necessarily a reference to that play, though that is one of my favorites.  They fly away in a ship at the end of all the arcs to a new "set." Though I believe the only time they actually mention UFOs is in that play.

The first time we see the spaceship is (I think) right after they say that they are tired of doing all the things they've done until now and that they want to go back to what's normal for them--then they fly away.  Last real episode of the Student Council Arc, #12.  The next shadow play takes place with them in suits  (which I assume are space suits, though they SOUND like they're underwater).  They eventually land at the new set (by Utena's locker).

After the Black Rose arc, they fly back to the original set (it looks like the original set to me), either at the end of the last Black Rose shadow play or the beginning of the first Akio arc shadow play.

Then in the last arcs, most of their plays begin with that very same ship crashing into the Chairman's tower repeatedly.

Visually, the ship almost lops off the top of the tower, which is where I get the "attempted emasculation" from. 

Based on their history, the shadow play girls get in that ship when they are trying to go somewhere (and the first time they do it, they say they want to go back to what's normal for them).  That's where I get the "trying to escape Ohtori, but Akio is blocking their way" notion.

Symbolically, UFOs are equated with Santa Claus, which is an illusion that a young person cherishes.  Crashing into the tower could be those illusions clashing with the "reality" of Akio's machine, or more generally, the disastrous clash between childhood and "adulthood."  The fact that it happens repeatedly could be referring to repeated struggles.  I don't recall that they ever actually successfully fly away at the end.

Anyone mention that the wall behind Utena and Wakaba in episode 12, when Wakaba is telling Utena to 'take herself back,' is pretty much identical to the wall behind the shadow plays?  Combine that with the way Nanami's henchmen are shadow-girls in the last episode (while changing).  Also, that conversation (attributed in the scripts to "shadow" in the last episode)--it sounds like one long conversation between 2 or 3 people, the topics shift, but the voices stay the same, and refer to previous statements.  It seems like Nanami's henchmen, or some "random normal students" might be talking, but the conversation almost seems to refer to Wakaba at one point (debatable), while saying, "She's the one who kept going "Utena-sama, Utena-sama" all the time."  Deliberately sowing confusion? Not deliberate at all? Deliberate parallel between all of those people and the shadow girls (and possibly other people in other scenes I don't remember)?

The Shadow Plays are typically pretty insightful, except when they present (in my personal opinion) Akio and Anthy's history.  That play is very one-sided.  As mentioned, we see the backs of the shadow girls (same hair & all) in that episode and they don't look like anyone we know.

They could be literally the (Jungian) shadow selves of characters, past duellists, collective shadows of the student body, or the shadow-selves of generic students.

I also always think of the Allegory of the cave, due to the warm color of the walls behind them.

Ooh, I just read that throughout the Black Rose arc, it's only C-ko.  I confess I'd never noticed that it was only C-ko in that arc.

So basically, they fly off and end up right back in the same place, crashing into Akio's tower?  Interesting.

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (03-30-2007 02:33:03 PM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#54 | Back to Top07-19-2007 07:35:09 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Ooh, yay, a thread about three of my favorite characters. What I like about them is that they're so completely impossible to understand, yet so totally awesome and at times almost normal. But anyway, here are my ideas for who the shadow girls may really be.

A. They really are shadows of normal girls (perhaps princesses from long ago. I think they sort of look like princesses. At least A-ko does.) who have the power to form into real bodies on some occasions.
B. They are actually members of the Ohtori Drama Club (but with unusual knowledge and perception, and the only girls not dying to get in Touga's/Saionji's/Akio's pants).
C. They are mere plot devices created by the animators and not real characters at all (but that's no fun).
D. They are students at Ohtori, but are eternal like Akio and Anthy, and have the power to manipulate shadows to some extent. I think it's funny that Utena and other characters interact with them yet treat them as if they're completely normal. Not, "Oh why are you guys playing with your shadows?" or "Hey why are those shadows talking?" In the camping skit you can see larger shadows of the girls controlling puppets of their smaller selves, so I wonder if the shadows in the other skits are puppets? So confused... They do wear the school uniforms, but seem capable of changing props/appearances in the blink of an eye.

I find it unusual that they would be only shadows, as you can see the extension of their shadows to two girls standing off-camera during their scenes (even though the shadows aren't really life-like all the time). And their lips never move during their skits, which is odd. I also doubt they're normal students because no one else except Anthy and Akio know about the Rose Prince. But I think they have real bodies because of the play episode, and also because of the second episode skit when they're on their "horses" riding by a cactus, and a girl's hand is holding the cactus (I assume to be one of their's). And in episode 5 during the pirate skit there are ocean props around the wall, and shadows certainly couldn't put those things there.

For some reason I feel like the duel songs are things that they would write. I just think of A-ko and B-ko singing the Apocalypse song whenever I hear it emot-keke

There is one thing I'd like cleared up, though. Is the narrator who tells about how Utena meets the Prince one of the shadow girls? At first it sounded like a little girl (younger Utena, maybe?), but now it sounds a lot like B-ko.

"Don't worry. Our judgement never fails."

This is interesting. It strikes me that they probably know how the whole Akio ordeal will end, although I wonder why they decide to put on a play for Utena. The ticket they give her says the 34th Exhibition, so that must mean they've performed the Tale of the Rose before. Hmm....

A-ko:  I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder?
B-Ko:  To study normally, to get a normal job,
B-Ko:  to fall in love normally, to get married normally,
B-Ko:  to make a normal family... that kind of normal doesn't concern us.
A-ko:  Up until now, we've done a lot and we're tired.
A-ko&B-Ko:  So then, shall we return to our normal selves?
A-ko&B-Ko:  I wonder, I wonder, do you know what I wonder?

This is the first time I think we see their true natures, beyond their acting as a caricature of one of the other characters. I think this episode reinforces that they must be just as old as Akio and Anthy, if not older. If they were even human in the first place. Maybe they're like the Greek gods and goddesses, who watched over the actions of mortals but could also appear among them in a living body. I really am curious about the switch between A-ko and B-ko to C-ko, and why they don't all work together. I mean, I really think they must know each other, but for some reason C-ko performs on her own. I have no interesting theories. I don't think Ikuhara was too off when he said they were aliens at Ohtori to study human behavior.

I wonder who they support anyway? Utena, because they're trying to warn her? I guess they'll just always be a mystery.

Last edited by Like_Autumn (07-19-2007 07:42:53 PM)

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#55 | Back to Top07-19-2007 08:06:17 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

There's so many theories about what the Shadow girls are, and I can never make my mind up about it..

I'm not sure if they're shadows of the princesses or girls at Ohtori, because the Shadow girls are ultimately wise. They even know what went on with Akio-Dios and Anthy. The princesses were there around that time, but I don't see them as being as.. objective as the shadow girls. Or wise, I guess.

I don't think they're human, but perhaps aliens.. they do that skit a lot. Or maybe they are just what they call themselves.. shadows. It could symbolic. The shadows are old and have always been around, even when Akio was Dios and before what happened to Anthy. Perhaps their human forms are a symbolic representation of what they've 'seen'. I don't know if that makes any sense. emot-frown

They've also taken on human form in one of the last few episodes, but you never see their faces. Yet you can tell it is them by their hair styles and voices, and their drama club. I don't think their mouths move either. It's very eerie.. but I guess that's the appeal of the Shadow girls. You don't really know what they are.

But ultimately, I think they know more than even Akio and Anthy. They are like a system of Karma in Ohtori, and they see all.

#56 | Back to Top08-14-2007 05:20:27 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

I've had a new thought regarding the shadow girls. I was reading a book about Edgar Allan Poe (of all people) and it mentioned this philosophy about shadows. It said that some people believe a person's shadow is his true soul and alter ego of sorts, and that when a person was sleeping his shadow would come alive.

I think someone may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but according to the theory above, the shadow play girls are the alter egos of Anthy and Utena.

A-ko and B-ko may represent the two sides of Anthy (the rose bride and the witch). Their commentaries seem to be the most scathing on the actions of Ohtori's students. Many of the views they have on events in the series seem to be the same as Anthy's. Their wondering if Utena knows what she's in for in episodes 1 and 2, their criticism of dances in the Ball episode, etc. Their play makes this a bit confusing, but maybe Anthy does feel ashamed of what she did to Dios, and that is why the SPG are so hard on the witch. Also, their inability to leave Ohtori may be Anthy's feelings of entrapment and being bound to Akio. Anthy is very old herself and has witnessed many of the pitfalls of humanity, which may be why the shadow girls are so acute in their observations.

I'm not so sure about C-ko and Utena, as I haven't watched the Black Rose Saga yet. She looks a little like Utena, at any rate.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#57 | Back to Top08-15-2007 02:34:05 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Like_Autumn wrote:

I'm not so sure about C-ko and Utena, as I haven't watched the Black Rose Saga yet. She looks a little like Utena, at any rate.

C-ko certainly seems to act as a foil for Utena during her plays; she is always melodramatic where Utena is pragmatic, which is hilarious as C-ko understands a hell of a lot more about the situation than Utena does. emot-keke I think there's something there, but I have the urge to go away now and reread the start of Peter Pan, because I'm having a little thought about the shadows in that now...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#58 | Back to Top08-15-2007 01:06:47 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I would have thought that C-ko is actually the shadow of the Seitokai members since they're some of the major victims of the BR arc. The problems they have to go through are things that Utena cannot understand because she's, well, dense, so the romantic problem Juri suffers from is no different from a girl who's got a dilemma with fluffy underpants.

#59 | Back to Top10-02-2007 07:48:45 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

NECRO!!! *kicks topic* I had a thought earlier today that I found amusing.

What if the Shadow Girls were to Anthy what Aiko, Keiko, and Yuuko are to Nanami? We semi-established in some thread that Nanami appeared to be heading down the same path as Anthy, which could be why Anthy did all the things she did to her. So what if Anthy had her own minions?

The similarities are something to think about, at least.

Aiko, Keiko, and Yuuko do some very odd, Shadow Girl-like things. The scene that popped into my head when I had this idea was from the Nanami's Egg episode, during Nanami's little fantasy sequence when she asked them about egg laying and they start doing odd dances and pirouettes and such.

A-ko, B-ko, C-ko.... I-ko, K-ko, U-ko. Coincidence? I think not.

I don't think there's a direct equivalent in terms of who's who, but A-ko and B-ko are always together, and so are Aiko and Yuuko. C-ko worked alone for most of the Black Rose Arc, and Keiko gets her own episode as well as several scenes.

And maybe they're called Shadow Girls, not because they're shadows(Episode 34 proves they're real...ish.), but because they're the "Ordinary Girls" who constantly live in someone's shadow

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#60 | Back to Top02-12-2008 06:26:20 PM

Like Autumn
New Student

I found the SPG's real identities!

They're Lesbian Space Aliens!

http://www.drunkduck.com/I_Was_Kidnappe … p?p=186423

[/crack]

#61 | Back to Top02-12-2008 07:06:03 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Well, on a basic level I though of the Shadow Girls to be the series' "Greek chorus" that comments on the action while remaining outside of it. Of course, we know that general rule of this type of omnipresent character is broken much later in the series, but we know how well Utena goes with normal literary convention.

Later when they semi-prove that they're actual characters capable of interacting with the other characters, I came to see the little "plays" they've been putting on as actual plays the drama club puts on. Apparently they're the sole members.

Come to think of it, they propositioned Utena to become part of the club. In the Black Rose Saga, it WAS Utena herself who first acknowledged their existence. Now, this is going to be a bit of a stretch and might be more appropriate for the "personal canon" thread, but what would it have meant if Utena had joined the "drama club?" Especially since the Shadow Girls are apparently all-knowing, and Utena is rather dense?

Since they actually appear late in the series, they go from literary device to actual characters-- at least temporarily. Barring the fact that nothing should be taken as a given in the show, that means that these are actual people who understand EVERYTHING that's going on in the series. I think that in creating their plays, which usually involve some unsolvable dilemma or personal conflict, they show themselves to be, like most of the cast, riddled with self doubt, and Utena's naive optimism charmed them somehow, especially her simplistic solutions to C-Ko's continued problems throughout the Black Rose Saga.

EDIT: I also thought of how Utena slams her locker after presenting her solution. Perhaps symbolic of a closing of the topic at hand, showing that she has nothing more to say on the subject, or-- to be even bolder, nothing else NEEDS to be said?

As to exactly who or what they are though-- well, I'll have to think about that for a while as I rewatch the series. One possibility that comes to mind is that they are, as someone already mentioned shadows or ghosts of princesses. Which would be how they know of Akio/Dios and why they might begin each of the plays at the beginning of the last saga by crashing into his tower.

Again, this is a huge stretch, but I like weird theories.

Last edited by Baka Kakumei Reanna (02-12-2008 07:09:37 PM)

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#62 | Back to Top02-12-2008 07:17:13 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Like Autumn wrote:

Shadow Girls are Lesbian Space Aliens!

O RLY? emot-tongue

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/shadowgirlsout.jpg

Last edited by Tamago (02-12-2008 07:19:24 PM)

#63 | Back to Top02-12-2008 07:35:23 PM

Like Autumn
New Student

Tamago wrote:

Shadow Girls are BISEXUAL Space Aliens!

Bisexual, eh? Ooh, can I get in on the action, then?

LOL, you're probably right! I can see them being open to anything and everything! I thought that webcomic was pretty funny when you substitute the SPG as the lesbian space pirates, considering the UFO and everything. emot-biggrin(Regardless, A-ko/B-ko is seriously my Utena OTP).

#64 | Back to Top02-12-2008 07:43:58 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

If you want in on the SPG action, you just better shake that bootay when you are out in Redneck Territory at night as thats where all the hip young aliens go for their anal-probing antics. emot-kekeschool-devilschool-eng101

#65 | Back to Top08-16-2008 01:07:19 PM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

I just keep on finding possible influences for the SPG everywhere, it seems.

I've started reading the Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman (best thing ever, next to SKU, of course), and there is a trio of characters called the Fates, or the Hecatae. They've an archetype that have shown up in countless mythologies. The Three-in-One Goddess, the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone. Their role in the Sandman is to show up at random times and act mysterious and cryptic, and each of them will answer one question. I just thought they seemed a little similar to A-ko, B-ko, and C-ko in their role in the story. It's possible that the SPG are another interpretation of that archetype.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#66 | Back to Top12-31-2008 02:29:13 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

When going by the common idea that the world of Ohtori is literally a messed up fairytale/play, the Shadow Girls could be narrators who break the fourth wall to try to change the heroine's fate.  However, the only way to communicate relatively clearly is through allegory since they're from the outside world. Either that or they're ordinary students who stumbled upon the truth many years ago and were so shocked that they were reduced to madwomen who speak in riddles.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#67 | Back to Top01-07-2009 04:48:02 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

......Anyone think Wakaba looks an awful lot like C-ko? Anyone???

Also the Utena and Anthy nametags on the straw figures at the end of the movie can lead to some interesting speculation on the nature of the shadow girls, too.

20 threads dead so far.

#68 | Back to Top08-04-2009 02:07:31 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

*rings Mosrael* NECRO-ed, because the SPG are awesome.

My pet theory is that the shadow girls were normal students who manged to uncover the duels. They thought the whole premise was ridiculous and started mocking everyone involved. Akio tried to banish them but failed. They've been mocking and making commentary on the duels ever since.

rhyaniwyn wrote:

I just re-watched the series this weekend, and it occurred to me to wonder why the last arc's shadow plays (almost) all begin with the Shadow Girls "spaceship" crashing into the Chairman's tower?

Are they trying to escape Ohtori, but Akio is "blocking" their way?

After I watched the last episode, I thought the sequence related to the fact that the duels take place in the tower, not over the forest.

#69 | Back to Top08-04-2009 06:39:28 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Malacoda wrote:

*rings Mosrael* NECRO-ed, because the SPG are awesome.

... you know, I was going to get into this thing about whether or not Mosrael would even be the right bell for necroing a thread, because maybe Dyrim or Belgaer would be better, but those would have been far less obvious of choices. And I'm showing off my nerd, aren't I?

Now, as to rhyaniwyn's question, I think the thing about them crashing into the cocktower is a couple things.

1. It's a clue to the 'the tower is the highest point on Ohtori' thing Akio says in the last episodes. They're crashlanding after being in space, and the first thing they hit? Akio's tower.

2. In utterly silly style, the cocktower attracts all things female. Even monkey-robots from outer-space. XDD

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#70 | Back to Top08-04-2009 10:52:16 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I am in absolute love with the spaceship metaphor.  UFO's aren't real, and so symbolically they are similar to Akio's tower and what it represents.  However, Akio's tower is a place, and a spaceship is a means of transportation.  UFO's aren't real and so both because of this and because of the other previously mentioned reasons why these two symbols would clash (Children vs Adults, for example) the spaceship crashes. 

But, of course....spaceships are only 'not real' until one is discovered.

So leave me my flying saucers, Saionji pleads, because whether or not he knows that his eternity is false or that his old friendship with Touga is gone (Akio's tower), the act of hoping for and desiring (spaceship) happiness and friendship is true - he's just not really flying all that well. 

Leave me my flying saucers, says Utena, bullheadedly charging against and being ensnared by what Akio's tower represents, being beaten back and unable to escape Ohtori or help her friend (spaceship) until the final episode.  Her ideals were sound...ish, but her method for achieving them was skewed, and her spaceship undiscovered, and thus not yet real.

omgit'slate.

#71 | Back to Top08-05-2009 05:08:53 AM

ToriJ
Saionji Slapper

dollface wrote:

Personally, I think the Shadow Girls are the Ohtori Drama Club. YES, I have reasons.

1. I love the Shadow Girls, and I major in Theatre, so I want them to be in drama club ^-^
2. You can't deny, it's right there. Episode 34. Two girls with bodies, hair styles, and voices matching A-ko and B-ko's invite Utena to their school play, which just so happens to be told by the Shadow Girls. Then, later in the episode, when the Shadow Girls appear in their acctual segment, they are in a bath tub, commenting on how "todays act went perfectly!"

However, I have another idea on them. A-Ko and B-Ko may be what is going to happen to Utena. Perhaps, once upon a time, they, too, tried to save Anthy. There's no reason why they too couldn't have been champion duellists. I've heard people say they believe the Shadow Girls are ghosts, so this doesn't seem so far-fetched. Utena, we assume, didn't DIE, but she isn't really living either. We are led to believe she is alive outside the world of Ohtori, but since Anthy never technically found her or anything, this can be debated as much as I please ^-^ I do think Utena went into the real world, but perhaps A-Ko//B-Ko didn't. Champions who failed to bring revolution. So now, they embody themselves in the shadows, telling the story that they already know. I think it's an interesting theory.

But then, that's the great thing about SKU: Symbollism leaves much room to interpret.

That actually made sense.

I hate the Shadow Puppet Girls. Not because I don't like them, but because there's the only characters in fiction to ever make my brain snap, break, crack and go insane. Used to have dreams about them where I went back and forth with them. Evil things and their metaphors. Those dreams usually end in me stealing Utena's sword and attacking the wall their shadows are cast on.

I hate them so much I love them. Does that make sense? Of course not. Oh and I like how they say Touga's sister is full of- Oh wait... that was a parody xD

#72 | Back to Top08-05-2009 10:00:41 AM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

ToriJ wrote:

I hate the Shadow Puppet Girls. Not because I don't like them, but because there's the only characters in fiction to ever make my brain snap, break, crack and go insane. Used to have dreams about them where I went back and forth with them. Evil things and their metaphors.

And that's the exact reason I love them, because I can't understand them and I love trying to.

Also, OnlyInThisLight's theory about the spaceship made loads of sense, and I now take it as canon. *bows*

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#73 | Back to Top08-05-2009 10:53:19 AM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I forgot about those bells (I haven't touched on the Old Kingdom series in ages) XD

Lady Chani wrote:

2. In utterly silly style, the cocktower attracts all things female. Even monkey-robots from outer-space. XDD

But that cocktower better watch out; that spaceship looks really really sharp.

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Awesome analysis

I've never thought of it like that before. It does make a lot of sense. A poptart for that awesomeness.

#74 | Back to Top08-05-2009 06:27:01 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

The tower is the highest place in the world, essentially the world itself. The flying saucer represents the makeshift fantasy of a shadow girl who has lost faith in true friendship. Of course it's going to crash.

#75 | Back to Top12-28-2012 01:58:18 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

rhyaniwyn wrote:

I don’t know about emasculating him, but I think they’re trying to discover what he’s up to. Like I said, my personal canon is that they saw they were ordinary students who saw the reality behind Ohtori and went insane from shock. Heck, we have an entire episode dedicated to them talking to him.

shadow:  Thanks for your postcard. What sort of work do you do, Mr. "Ends of the World"?
Akio:  I'm an educator. Plus some minor part time work.
shadow:  Are educators really allowed to moonlight?
Akio:  Well, I've had good luck so far keeping it a secret.

Translation: SPG: Who are you and what have you been covering up?
                  Akio: That’s none of your business

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

Board footer