This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-03-2010 01:55:15 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Cosplay Advice, which wig is better?

I wanted to cosplay Anthy this year.  I don't want to do her normal pinned up hair do because I really think it would look weird on me. XD So I decided to go with her long hair.  Which wig do you think would be better for her?

http://i.ebayimg.com/13/!By-nqVgBmk~$(K … w~~_12.JPG or http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!Bl7qM!QB2k~$(K … g~~_12.JPG

I can't decide.  I like the color of the second one but it's not long enough.. and the first one might be too long. XD

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#2 | Back to Top12-03-2010 02:28:55 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Cosplay Advice, which wig is better?

I'd go with the first one. The color isn't as deep no, but it has the bangs and the length, and length sooo important with Anthy. emot-wink

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top12-03-2010 03:28:18 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Thanks for the advice! emot-biggrin I was leaning towards that one, so that's the one I'll go with. n_n It seems like a very pretty wig.

#4 | Back to Top12-03-2010 04:10:39 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I, too, plan to cosplay as Anthy sometime soon. I didn't want to do the pinned up hair style either. emot-tongue Movie!Anthy is the costume I chose to go with. I wish you luck with your cosplay and I hope you'll post pics! etc-love

Last edited by BlackRoseVixen (12-03-2010 05:11:48 PM)

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#5 | Back to Top12-03-2010 04:48:05 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

That's great!  Movie Anthy has a costume that seems like it would be fun to cosplay! Good luck to you too. emot-biggrin etc-love I'll post some pictures when I'm done if the costume doesn't turn out too horribly. XD I just have to figure out how to make her crown and I'll be set.

#6 | Back to Top12-03-2010 06:03:49 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

The second one would be perfect if it was as long as the first one, so go for the first one.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#7 | Back to Top12-03-2010 06:43:07 PM

Artsychick
Touga Topper
Website

I would go with the first one, I always buy my wigs a little longer than I need since you can cut them to get the perfect length. I can’t wait for pictures. emot-smile

Roses, everywhere! Of every color! In your architecture! In your teacups! In your jam!

#8 | Back to Top12-03-2010 07:18:19 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

First one.

It's *beautiful* and very Anthy-like.
Good luck with your cosplay, and please post some pictures when your outfit's ready? :3

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#9 | Back to Top12-04-2010 08:03:53 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Thanks everyone. emot-biggrin I went ahead and bought the wig today! Hopefully it gets here soon.

#10 | Back to Top12-04-2010 01:40:09 PM

Saio
Ballgoer

"First one definitely" - said slowpoke emot-biggrin

http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/1101/bd/e015af0a91a1.png

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis!

#11 | Back to Top02-08-2011 10:47:49 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Well, here's a picture of me dressed up like Anthy. XD Don't be too hard on me, I'm pretty self conscious!  http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 3079_n.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the actual dress.  I didn't take any pictures of myself because a lot of people took a picture of me so I figured I'd just be lazy and get one from another gallery.. but no one posted pictures of me. XD You can see it from a distance (and my terrible shameful lack of dancing skills) here though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Hd3QM42_w

#12 | Back to Top02-08-2011 12:28:18 PM

iatemylavalamp
Touga Topper

HonorableShadow wrote:

Well, here's a picture of me dressed up like Anthy. XD

OH MY GOD That was you?! I came up to you in the food court (I was dressed up as femme Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, and I was sick so I had a really crackly voice) and said that I loved your Anthy but I didn't bring my camera to take a picture.

Last edited by iatemylavalamp (02-08-2011 12:29:32 PM)

#13 | Back to Top02-09-2011 12:19:51 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Hey I remember you!  emot-biggrin That's pretty awesome!  It's a small world, huh?  Did you have a nice time at Ohayocon?

#14 | Back to Top02-11-2011 06:10:48 PM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

HonorableShadow wrote:

Well, here's a picture of me dressed up like Anthy. XD Don't be too hard on me, I'm pretty self conscious!  http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 3079_n.jpg

ahh i saw you!!! werent you ryoko as well? (i think it was you... i remember being especially excited because i love theutena series (obviously) and ryoko is my fav character!) i was dressed up as doctor black jack emot-keke anyways, i loved your cosplay! i was there for the first few minutes of women in anime, and i saw you ( i think emot-keke) i loved it!!! emot-biggrin etc-love

#15 | Back to Top02-11-2011 06:41:37 PM

delirious_decadence
New Student
Website

The length and cut is better on the first one. emot-keke

#16 | Back to Top02-13-2011 03:31:55 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

yuzukelly wrote:

HonorableShadow wrote:

ahh i saw you!!! werent you ryoko as well? (i think it was you... i remember being especially excited because i love theutena series (obviously) and ryoko is my fav character!) i was dressed up as doctor black jack emot-keke anyways, i loved your cosplay! i was there for the first few minutes of women in anime, and i saw you ( i think emot-keke) i loved it!!! emot-biggrin etc-love

Ah yes, I was also Ryoko!  emot-biggrin She's one of my favorite characters of all time.  Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!  I was in the women in anime so yes, that was me. XD

#17 | Back to Top02-13-2011 06:42:01 PM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

HonorableShadow wrote:

yuzukelly wrote:

HonorableShadow wrote:

Ah yes, I was also Ryoko!  emot-biggrin She's one of my favorite characters of all time.  Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!  I was in the women in anime so yes, that was me. XD

i walked in, and it was still the...im not sure the panel before it, "it gets better" or something? i saw you and i was so tempted to go and ask for a hug but i thought that would have been a tad creepy / disrupt / be rude xDD do you plan on going to anime punch? if so you should be ryoko and anthy again! etc-love ... if you havent planned another cosplay, that is emot-keke;

#18 | Back to Top02-17-2011 10:26:29 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Aw, I like hugs, so it wouldn't have been creepy at all. emot-smile

I'll try to make it to Anime Punch, but I'm usually too busy around that time. T_T So hopefully I can go!

#19 | Back to Top02-17-2011 12:41:24 PM

iatemylavalamp
Touga Topper

HonorableShadow wrote:

Hey I remember you!  emot-biggrin That's pretty awesome!  It's a small world, huh?  Did you have a nice time at Ohayocon?

A small world indeed~ Yes I did! I love Ohayocon. etc-love Did you?

I might be making my way to Anime Punch this year, so maybe I'll see you guys there! emot-biggrin

Board footer