This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-20-2008 10:09:39 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

[RP/OOC] IRGBalcony: Shinobi Dreams

(OC, IRGBalcony) Shinobi Dreams -- an IRGBalcony Roleplay

This roleplay was inspired by conversations held in the official IRG chatroom -- IRGBalcony -- between Lady Chani, Triforce742, Kaelyndra, Prince_of_Stars and BioKraze. The conversations were strange and involved Ninja and Ninja apprentices. For those who aren't in the know, ancient Ninja were once called Shinobi, hence the title of the RP. The RP revolves around the characters themselves, their lives as Ninja apprentices in the house known as Shinobi Commons and their adventures in the field of ninjutsu. There are some ground rules for everybody to follow (not that we really need to state them, but it's a common courtesy to establish the rules in the first post).

If you wish to join the thread, please send a private message to our GM, Lady Chani, describing in quick detail what you want to be and what you aim to achieve in the RP. Wait for her permission before posting!

Rule One: Be respectful of the other players, especially of their feelings. Treat this RP's rules as you would the chatroom's rules. If you are angry with somebody, talk to the GM first via private message and wait for the GM's response before confronting the person. The GM can usually smooth things over.
Rule Two: Respect other players' characters. Don't insult a character's personality, and don't use them personally in your own posts. If your post requires interaction with a certain character, wait for that character to post their response to your actions before posting again.
Rule Three: There is no Rule Three!! emot-tongue
Rule Four: Please write legibly. No leetspeak, please. Netspeak and chanspeak are okay only if it's in character. Please try to capitalize properly and please try to use proper grammar. When in doubt, use a spell checking utility to catch your errors.
Rule Five: If the forum moderators step in for any reason, remember that they have more authority than the GM. Forum mods, after all, have the power to edit and delete posts if necessary.
Rule Six: The GM is the authority on what is allowed within the RP. If you have a question about questionable content, or content you're not sure belongs here, ask the GM first via private message before posting.
Rule Seven: There are limits to what can and cannot be said. Chief amongst these taboos is the subject of racism. Yasha doesn't tolerate it, and we won't either.
Rule Eight: Above all things, have fun! This is supposed to be a fairly laid-back RP, and to not enjoy oneself -- or to get frustrated -- would be missing the point of roleplaying.

Cast of "Players" in the RP (not a definite list)
Lady Chani -- Ninja Sensei, training three apprentices at once
Triforce742 -- Klutzy Ninja Apprentice, training to be a Shinobi
Kaelyndra -- Temperamental Ninja Apprentice, training to be a Shinobi
Prince_of_Stars -- Seductive Ninja Apprentice, training to be a Shinobi
BioKraze -- Mutated Alien Ronin, training the Ninja in the use of psionic attack

Cast of Player NPCs (not a definite list)
Cassandra -- Helper AI for BioKraze's UFO, Debonair (posts in blue text)

If there is a site with more information about a player's character, that site will be hotlinked to their name in the Cast of "Players" for further reference.

And for everybody's reference, Shinobi Commons is located somewhere on a mountain, surrounded by lush forest for miles in any direction. Which mountain, you ask? Who cares, of course! emot-keke

Thanks to all of you for reading, and have fun playing! emot-keke

Last edited by BioKraze (08-07-2009 03:59:38 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2 | Back to Top07-20-2008 10:51:10 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [RP/OOC] IRGBalcony: Shinobi Dreams

*A saffron cloaked figure stands before Shinobi Commons, holding an intimidating looking cannon type weapon. BioKraze -- for it must certainly be Bio, who else would wear a saffron cloak on a nice day? -- shifts every so often, as if to relieve tension. When a noise is heard, the weapon's muzzle comes to bear in its direction. But no shot is ever fired. Bio seems to be waiting for something -- or somebody -- to make their presence known...*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:41:11 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#3 | Back to Top07-20-2008 11:38:26 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*It wasn't long until a figure bounced silently from a nearby tree, the leather of her duster and the ends of her headband making small noises as she landed in a low crouch a distance away from the alien. She looked up over the top of her glasses to see him, smiled faintly, and stood up straight, brushing the dust from her all black outfit and pushing the long brunette tails of hair behind her. She started walking in the direction of the Commons, her stilettos making no noise on the ground, the smile widening a little as she advanced in his direction.*

You're always so diligent in taking watch. *She tilted her head a little to the side, her brow furrowing a bit beneath her headband.* ...or were you waiting for someone...?

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#4 | Back to Top07-20-2008 11:44:03 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio leans on his Heavy Plasma and sighs.*

Taking watch. Nothing exciting ever happens around here...

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:40:52 PM)

#5 | Back to Top07-20-2008 11:54:41 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani chuckled a little and came to stand next to Bio.* It is called a secret hideout for a reason, you know. If we actually had to defend the place on a regular basis, it would be a lot less secret.

*She gave him a bit of an amused grin.* We have our own defenses, too, so if you want to you can come in out of the sun for a while, that's fine.

*She blinked and scratched her head a little.* Didn't I have a conversation like this with you recently?

#6 | Back to Top07-20-2008 12:05:17 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio tucks his Heavy Plasma in the folds of his cloak. He shrugs*

You know, I'm not really sure. I'm going to go inside and grab something to eat.

*He heads for the interior of the Commons.*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:40:28 PM)

#7 | Back to Top07-20-2008 12:11:16 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*She shrugged, then followed him inside, casting a glance behind her just to make sure nothing was there. His vigilance was starting to rub off on her.*

Enjoy your food. I'll be upstairs after I'm done showering and changing.

((Which I actually have to do. I'll be back soon. Maybe other people will show up, yay?))

#8 | Back to Top07-20-2008 12:17:41 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio makes a beeline for the kitchen, where he snoops around in the freezer for some flounder. Finding none, he grabs a Hot Pocket and, checking to make sure it's pepperoni pizza, throws it in the microwave. About a minute later, he takes the cooked food and munches on it while leaning over the sink.*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:40:07 PM)

#9 | Back to Top07-20-2008 12:49:43 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*Triffy, awake from the sound of Chani's showering slowly gets up from his  mat. The day is looking good, and it is sunny without a cloud in the sky. He  slowly makes his way downstairs. The the smell of pizza cooking in the microwave, bringing back thoughts of that hot pocket he had been saving from last night. All of a sudden, he loses his footing and falls down half the staircase. At least that hot pocket was still waiting for him. He couldn't wait to have it, the thoughts were so vivid that the smell was getting stronger and stronger, and wait a minute. What's going on? That's my hot pocket!*

[This good for a first post?]

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-20-2008 12:54:16 PM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#10 | Back to Top07-20-2008 12:57:37 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio gets to about three bites away from finishing the Hot Pocket when he realises something.

This was Triffy's Hot Pocket.

Oops.*

Aw, crap in a hat...what do I do now...?

(Yes, Triffy, that's a good first post. Include some dialogue too, if you need to.)

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:39:49 PM)

#11 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:04:19 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*You're a psionic aren't you? Can't you reverse time or something like that? At the very least some sort of compensation is needed. Hmmm, he sits down and thinks hard. What to do what to do. I know, you should go to  the nearby shinobi village, and fetch me another, and by nearby I mean 50 miles out that way.* Points in random direction *. Or you know make me a pizza or something.*

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-20-2008 01:06:43 PM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#12 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:09:20 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Unable to understand Triffy's thoughts, as he wasn't tuning in to Triffy's mind at the moment, and completely unaware of Triffy's presence, Bio finishes the Hot Pocket and heads for the Debonair. He figured that Triffy would want more Hot Pockets, and he still had some Earth cash to burn.

Making it outside in the backyard, Bio enters a clearing where the Debonair sits proudly. He enters the ship and activates it. It smoothly glides up and over the trees and the Commons, heading for the nearby town at the base of the mountain...*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 01:39:31 PM)

#13 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:26:04 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani came out from her shower, her hair wrapped up in a towel, and heard the minor commotion in the kitchen. She walked down to the kitchen in time to see Bio leaving and Triffy standing there in a bit of shock.*

Mm. Something smells yummy. What's up?

((Actions go in asterisks, Triffy. Not the conversations.))

#14 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:27:20 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(I already told him that, Chani. Be easy on him, this is his first RP. emot-keke )

#15 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:34:13 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

((I was nice, I didn't get mean about it. Besides, I didn't know you'd said anything. *pouts*))

#16 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:37:13 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

* Staring at his once glorious hot pocket. Its wrapping carelessly disposed of in the garbage. The pain he feels can not be measured in words. Finally, after minutes staring into space, he notices movement to his left, and quickly spins around shurikens at the ready.*

"Who are you? Oh, wait it's just you Chani. Bio stole my hot pocket emot-gonk. That's what is up.

*Lowers shurikens*

[Yeah, expect a few more mistakes and there just keep updating me with the stuff I do wrong. Consoles Chani]

Last edited by Triforce742 (07-20-2008 01:38:56 PM)

"LAUGH WITH ME"

#17 | Back to Top07-20-2008 01:38:30 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*The Debonair returns a short while later, and Bio is seen telekinetically lifting several sacks of groceries behind him. He leaves the UFO and brings the hovering groceries into the kitchen, where he proceeds to put them all away. He hands Triffy a box of Hot Pockets, pepperoni pizza flavoured, and smiles.*

Sorry about the Hot Pocket. I didn't realise it was yours until I had almost finished it...

*He continues to put groceries away until there are none left to put away. Once this task is finished, he sighs and heads for his bedroom...*

#18 | Back to Top07-20-2008 02:26:39 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani shrugged a little and started ruffling the towel in her hair, not even reacting to her apprentice's threatening movements.* See, nothing to be worried over, Triffy.

*She wanders over to the fridge and starts pulling out ingredients to make a sandwich.* I'd like to do some training in the basement in about half an hour. You up for that?

((Don't worry about it. I'm still messing up here and there. Like remembering the italics.))

#19 | Back to Top07-20-2008 02:28:40 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

(As long as actions and descriptions are posted between asterisks, we'll be fine, I think. The italics thing is a holdover from my days as Story Keeper for Faceless Masses. Only I need to do italics.)

#20 | Back to Top07-20-2008 02:55:07 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*After going through the groceries for several minutes, Triffy discovers his beloved pizza flavored hot pocket, and heads over to the microwave. After striking up some conversation with his sensei, Triffy returns to find his hot pocket exploded in the microwave. Disheartened and sad he makes up his mind to just get a sandwich as well, and fills his stomach with meats and bread.*

Basement sounds good. We could all use a little extra practice. Was there anything in particular you wanted to go over with me? Also, I'll meet you down there at the designated time. Got to go over my handbook.

"LAUGH WITH ME"

#21 | Back to Top07-20-2008 02:59:37 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio comes out into the main hall, Plasma Pistol in hand. He calls out to everybody and nobody in particular.*

I'm going to be outside practicing my accuracy. Don't mind me.

*He steps into the back courtyard of the Commons with the Plasma Pistol, intent on his practice.*

#22 | Back to Top07-20-2008 04:22:23 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Good luck with that, Bio. *Chani called back to him as she finished assembling her sandwich. A mostly brownish-black cat hopped onto the counter and swished her tail expectantly. Chani stroked the orange bits of the cat's ears, then gently pushed her off off the counter.* Counters aren't for kitties, Tora. Go ask Triffy for scraps.

*She looked over at Triffy with a smile, nibbling at her sandwich.* I'll meet you downstairs in a bit then. *Chani wandered off in the direction of the back courtyard, eventually tugging the towel from her hair and letting the tangled strands drape down her back.*

*She ate her sandwich, staring quietly at Bio's practice from inside the building for a while before going back up to her room to change back into her mission gear and brush out her wet hair. It was best to wear it for practices, so the apprentices would get used to how the clothes felt in action. She made her way back downstairs to the basement and sat in a chair, pulling the newest volume of her series from a pocket as she waited for Triffy.*

((I like the ease of seeing actions within italics. Makes it even easier to find the dialogue.

#23 | Back to Top07-20-2008 05:11:49 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio goes back to the Debonair and fetches seven orbs. Holding them up in the air of the back courtyard, they activate and hover around. They soon grow violent and begin shooting laser blasts at Bio, who dodges as well as he can, returning fire with the Plasma Pistol whenever possible. While the lasers don't seem to harm the environment and the courtyard, they do seem to harm Bio. The drones grow agitated as Bio evades their attacks and begin firing in semi-groups, three on, four on, two and two and three. Bio gets hit more and more often, as the drones adapt to his tactics. He keeps firing with the Plasma Pistol, swapping clips when he runs out of energy for a given clip.

All in all, it's a pretty impressive spectacle...*

Last edited by BioKraze (07-20-2008 05:13:39 PM)

#24 | Back to Top07-20-2008 06:01:08 PM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

*Triffy walks up to Tora, and breaks off a piece of his sandwich for her. He  kneels there for a few minutes quietly contemplating life as he continues to stroke Tora's back. Looking at the clock he sees that it's been nearly a half hour. As he's heading towards the basement he realizes Tora needs her water, and rushes back to the fridge where he manages to find a malfunctioning sink, and drops all the milk.* "Sigh, this will have to do" * He says handling a pepsi.*

*Triffy, follows the path to the basement, and reaches the bottom after dodging all the random traps set about by his sensei. He was nervous to start training after the last time.* It had been nearly a week since he broke the stereo they listen to, and the silence was quite unsettling. He took his final steps to the training room*

Hey, Chani I'm here.

"LAUGH WITH ME"

#25 | Back to Top07-20-2008 09:02:03 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

*Chani quietly turned a page and pushed her glasses up her nose a bit.* You're still pretty noisy coming downstairs, Triffy. So our practice for the day is this. *She points to the silver bells looped into her ponytails.* You need to get one of these bells without me realizing it. That includes sneaking over here, and pulling the bell free. It'll be easy to tell if I caught you at it. *She shifted in her chair so she wasn't looking at Triffy anymore, going back to the little novel in her hands. Not once did any of the bells even tinkle faintly.*

Board footer