This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-26-2009 02:17:58 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Personality and Other Traits

As some of you already know, The Sims 3 is coming out next month. I, as the self-proclaimed most impatient person in the world, die inside every day that the game continues to be unreleased. So to save time for when the game really is released and I start designing Ohtori Academy, and to the get opinions of those who know more about certain characters than I do, I thought it would be nice to start a discussion about which traits should be assigned to each character!

Ambitious: Ambitious Sims dream big and are more rewarded when their wishes are satisfied in life. They are driven to move up the corporate ladder more quickly, but fall prey to low mood if they don't quickly recieve the promotion they desire.

Angler: Anglers catch fish better then other Sims. They also like fishing more then anyone.

Artistic: Artistic Sims are naturally gifted artists with a paint brush. They also make pretty good writers and musicians!

Brave: Brave Sims are fearless individuals that will fight fires, wrangle burglars and work to protect those around them.

Charismatic: Your Sim gains charisma skill more quickly. Your Sim gets more out of relationships than other Sims.

Childish: Childish Sims find it difficult to 'act their age'. They love playing with children's toys, see things through the eyes of a child and need to be constantly entertained.

Clumsy: Clumsy Sims muck up both precious and every day moments in life with shaddy footwork and poor planning.

Computer Wiz: Computer Wizs love spending time on the computer. They are great at tinkering with computers and can even make money as a hacker if they choose.

Conversationalist: Conversationalists love a good conversation with family and friends.

Couch Potato: Your Sim is very happy while relaxing on a couch. Your Sim gets a lot fun from watching TV. Your Sim likes to sleep longer. Your Sim will resist exercize at all costs!

Coward: Cowards are terrified of everything that can and will go bump in the night. They are scared of the dark and will frequently faint in 'dire' situations.

Daredevil: Your Sim lives on the edge, and can take many things to the extreme! They also love fire.

Dislikes Children: Sims that dislike children do not want to have anything to do with children. No talking, no playing and certainly no reproduction.

Easily Impressed: Easily impressed Sims are easily astounded by everyday stories and are always pleased with the smallest of accomplishments.

Evil: Evil Sims love the dark, take great delight in the misfortune of others and prefer to lead a life of as far away from goodness as possible.

Excitable: Your Sim will cheer for and be exited about doing the basic things in life. Yay! Wooo!

Family-Oriented: Family-Oriented Sims make great parents. They have big families and being surrounded by their children.

Flirty: Your Sim can flirt with Sims early in a relationship. Your Sim's flirts will be accepted much more often! Your Sims is in particularly gifted of giving massages!

Frugal: Frugal Sims love to clip coupons to save money, relish a good deal and hate being wasteful.

Genius: Geniusses are logical thinker, masters of chess and excellent hackers. They saviour pursuit of the mind.

Good: Good Sims go out of their way to help friends and family in need, are charitable with their money and frequently conduct those around them.

Good Sense of Humor: Sims with a good sense of humor tell the best jokes that never fail or fail to entertain.

Great Kisser: Great kissers kiss better then any other Sims. They give kisses that are not easily forgotten.

Green-Thumb: Green-thumbs are the best gardeners. They find solace and comfort amongst their garden and can revive plants in the worst of conditions.

Grumpy: Grumpy Sims are rarely in a good mood. It's quite difficult to make them happy because they simply don't want to be happy.

Handy: Handy Sims are the best tinkerers. They will never fail when repairing or upgrading a household item which makes electrical objects far less dangerous!

Hates the outdoors: Sims that hate the outdoors despise being outside and will always remain indoors whenever possible.

Hopeless Romantic: Hopeless romantics passionatelly seek their soul mate. They want romance, true love and surround themselves with cheesy romantic television and novels.

Hot-Headed: Hot headed Sims are quick to anger. Broken household items, conversations gone awry or even the slightest negative moodlet will all send them into a boiling rage.

Inapropriate: Inapropriate Sims talk about the wrong thing the wrong time, never think to dress properly, and never think to apologize when they've wronged someone. They enjoy mocking others with harsh words.

Insane: Insane Sims respond to events in life unpredictably. They say what they want, do what they want and even wear what they want. Even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else.

Kleptomaniac: Kleptomaniacs 'accidentally' end up with things owned by others. They often 'permanently borrow' items from work, school or even their neighbor's homes!

Light Sleeper: Light sleepers toss and turn throughout the night and are woken up by the slightest bump in the night.

Loser: Losers encounter woo and misfortune throughout their lives beginning with school and continueing into their careers. They will fail and fail often. They wont'get mad even when life falls apart. They'll just cry.

Loves the Outdoors: These Sims love spending time outdoors and find a special joy amidst nature that others do not.

Lucky: Lucky Sims are closely followed through life with a comforting sense of luck. They win often and they win big.

Materialistic: Materialistic Sims love buying new things and therefor tend to strive towards great wealth. They dream of the most expensive items and work hard towards that goal.

Mooch: Moochers can mooch food and money from their neighbors who for the most part just go along with it.

No Sense of Humor: Sims with no sense of humor tell horrible jokes so they tend to not tell them. They also don't enjoy the jokes of others. Humor is simply wasted on them.

Over-Emotional: Over-Emotional Sims experience greater mood swings than other Sims when both good and bad things happen to them. They are constantly shedding tears of joy wheter it's of a wedding or just on their couch watching romantic television.

Party Animal: Party animals love to party, and others love to party with them. When a party animal hosts a party, everyone comes and has a great time. Woo!

Perfectionist: Perfectionists spend more time cooking, writing or even painting, but what they eventually finish is noticeably better than something created by other Sims. Perfectionists accept nothing shy of perfection.

Schmoozer: Schmoozers are really good at befriending co-workers and sucking up to their bosses. They are great at navigating the corporation landscape.

Slob: Slobs constantly leave messes in their wake. To make matters worse, they won't offer to pick up or clean! Luckily common filth won't offend their senses.

Snob: Snobs are very hard to impress though they love hearing about themselves and will never turn down a compliment. They dream of owning only the finest things and being associated with the highest echelon of neighborhood Sims.

Stubborn: Stubborn Sims have a really difficult time accepting apologies and tend to hold grudges for a long time.

Technophobe: Technophobe Sims hate television. They will never watch television except in dire circumstances and will always look for an alternative source of entertainment.

Unflirty: Unflirty Sims do not appreciate the romantic advances of others and will be difficult to woo. It's not that they don't want to love, just that it's difficult for them.

Unlucky: Things rarely go right for unlucky Sims. They often lose at everything they touch. Though some do take pity on their misfortune...

Vegetarian: Vegetarian Sims never choose to eat meat, and doing so causes them to quickly become ill.

So, if you had to pick five of these traits to describe an SKU character, or yourself, which five would they be?

#2 | Back to Top01-26-2009 02:42:07 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Re: Personality and Other Traits

Wakaba: exciteable, hopeless romantic, conversationalist, easily impressed, and charismatic

Me: artistic, hopeless romantic, dislikes children (unless they're related to me), light sleeper, and ambitious

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#3 | Back to Top01-26-2009 02:56:32 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Hum... I'd probably have to say:

Myself -- Childish, Computer Wiz, Hot-Headed, Unflirty, and Snob. Er. :/

Akio -- Ambitious, Evil, Charismatic, Flirty, and Great Kisser. That was easy. ;D

#4 | Back to Top01-26-2009 03:10:58 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Here's a more complete list, but without the descriptions:

list wrote:

Absent Minded     Ambitious     Angler     Artistic
Book Worm     Brave     Can't stand art     Charismatic
Childish     Clumsy     Commitment Issues     Computer Wiz
Conversationalist     Couch Potato     Coward     Daredevil
Dislikes Children     Dreamer     Easily Impressed     Evil
Excitable     Family Orientated     Flirty     Friendly
Frugal     Genius     Good     Good at Massages
Good Sense of Humor     Great Kisser     Green Thumb     Grumpy
Handy     Hates the Outdoors     Heavy Sleeper     Hopeless Romantic
Hot-Headed     Hydrophobic     Inappropriate     Insane
Kleptomaniac     Light Sleeper     Loner     Loser
Loves the Outdoors     Lucky     Materialistic     Mean Spirited
Mooch     Natural Cook     Neat     Neurotic
Never Nude     No sense of Humour     Over-Emotional     Paranoid
Party Animal     Perfectionist     Schmoozer     Shy
Slob     Snob     Stubborn     Sweet Talker
Technophobe     Unflirty     Unlucky     Vain
Vegetarian     Workaholic     Worrywart

They even have "Never Nude" for those of you who watch Arrested Development and are familiar with Tobias.

#5 | Back to Top01-27-2009 01:38:09 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Ok. Me would probably be Computer Wiz, Book Worm, Party Animal, Loves The Outdoors, Dreamer

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#6 | Back to Top01-27-2009 01:57:22 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Akio: Never Nude. Well, it's true. Just look at him. It's not about power, as Gio asserts. It's about his personal physical insecurities. And notice how his pants are almost always on. What's that hiding, eh?

*ducks*

Seriously though. I'm excited for this game.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#7 | Back to Top01-27-2009 07:31:36 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

Utena: Brave, charismatic, conversationalist (maybe?), probably easily impressed, good, and maybe stubborn.
Me: Ambitious, artistic, childish, computer wiz, couch potato, easily impressed, hopeless romantic, hot-headed, and stubborn.

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#8 | Back to Top02-05-2009 01:12:35 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

Juri would be:
Unflirty: Unflirty Sims do not appreciate the romantic advances of others and will be difficult to woo. It's not that they don't want to love, just that it's difficult for them.

Amen.

Me:
Conversationalist, Clumsy and Brave <<<I  hope so.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#9 | Back to Top02-09-2009 01:17:49 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Tsuwabuki: Brave, Childish, Dreamer, Easily Impressed, Hopeless Romantic.
Anthy: Easily Impressed, Evil, Excitable, Green Thumb, Paranoid.
Me: Dreamer, Genius, Good, Neurotic, Worry-Wart

It was hard to narrow it down to just five for myself!  What's the difference between over-emotional, neurotic, and worrywart?

Board footer