This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-19-2006 05:27:51 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Akio and Seduction

Lord knows why, but I was just thinking about Akio and his little habit of seducing people when I suddenly thought: "I wonder if there are characters he wouldn't be able to seduce?" And, thus, this topic was born.

Personally, I think the only characters Akio would be incapable of seducing are Juri, Ruka, the Shadow Play Girls, and Nanami. Everyone else, if they weren't screwed by Akio in the series, could definitely get seduced by him anyway.

I don't think Akio could seduce Juri because, well, first of all Akio isn't Shiori, and I'm pretty convinced Juri is Shiorisexual, those who claim she's homosexual or bisexual be damned. Additionally, Juri's personality would seem to clash very much with Akio's, and although I can see some characters having angry sex with Akio, I just can't picture Juri doing that. She'd probably treat him coldly, much like she does all figures of power, and while I realize she would have no power of intimidation of him like she does over teachers and other school workers, I see her becoming irritated and walking away. (Of course, the movie Akio-figure could definitely seduce her - after all, in the movie the real badass of the whole thing is Shiori, not really Akio.)

As for Ruka, the way he operates seems to suggest that, although he does work somewhat in tangent with Akio, he is completely beyond Akio's powers of manipulations. Ruka waltzes around and does his own thing - he only helps Akio because he wants to help Juri, and you can be sure if it didn't help Juri he wouldn't be involved. Ruka would only end up in Akio's bed if he chose to.

The Shadow Play Girls, besides usually lacking any corporeal form, are also beyond Akio's control. They mock him in their play, they harass him on the phone, and they know exactly what's going on - and he knows he can't control them. So, no bedding of SPG's for Akio.

I think Nanami is too abrasive to end up getting seduced by Akio, and I think that her witnessing what Akio and Anthy do for family bondage... err, bonding seals her fate as not being seducable (yay for non-words) by Akio. And, um, Akio's not Touga. If Touga worked with Akio to get Nanami seduced by Akio, though, all bets are completely off.

Everyone else though is definitely up for grabs by Akio. And I think the ones most likely to get seduced by Akio are Saionji or Miki (yeah, I know, Saionji flopped around in bed with Touga when Akio was around, but while I fully believe Touga slept with Akio, I don't think Saionji did).

Mm, seduction emot-dance

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#2 | Back to Top11-19-2006 05:53:41 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Re: Akio and Seduction

I don’t think that there’s a single person in the series that he couldn’t seduce. Think of it this way, if he hadn't actually done it, odds are that Utena would be on that list as well. She's noble, loyal to her prince, and she knows that he has a fiancé. Surely she would never fall for the charms of someone like Akio... And yet she does.

Last edited by Razara (11-19-2006 05:55:15 PM)

#3 | Back to Top11-19-2006 06:17:12 PM

brian
Atlantean Singer

It depends on how broadly you use the word seduce. In a broad sense everyone was seduced.

#4 | Back to Top11-19-2006 06:28:27 PM

A Day Without Me

brian wrote:

It depends on how broadly you use the word seduce. In a broad sense everyone was seduced.

True. I meant in a sexual manner.

Razara wrote:

I don’t think that there’s a single person in the series that he couldn’t seduce. Think of it this way, if he hadn't actually done it, odds are that Utena would be on that list as well. She's noble, loyal to her prince, and she knows that he has a fiancé. Surely she would never fall for the charms of someone like Akio... And yet she does.

No, I think Utena would not fall on that list even if Akio hadn't... her naivete and idealism left her very open for someone to come along and manipulate right into their bed.

Last edited by A Day Without Me (11-19-2006 08:20:49 PM)

#5 | Back to Top11-19-2006 08:07:25 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I think Utena could be considered seduceable (..Be quiet. emot-redface ) by Akio, since he resembles "her prince" so much. I know that not too long after I saw him in the series, I was expecting Utena to fall for him, what with his resemblance to Dios and the way he was acting so princely, even if it was fake.

I would definitely not expect him to be able to seduce Juri and Nanami. But, you never know. The man has skill.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (11-19-2006 08:07:38 PM)

#6 | Back to Top11-19-2006 08:10:27 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I think the key with Ruka was his limited time. He concocted a complex but straight forward way to meet his ends and went for it as fast and mercilessly as possible. If Akio implied sleeping with him would help free Juri, Ruka'd be all over him. (Although that's hardly seduction in the traditional sense.) But if Ruka wasn't terminal I think he'd have taken things a lot slower and that would open up the door for Akio, should he be interested.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#7 | Back to Top11-19-2006 08:56:22 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

No, I think Utena would not fall on that list even if Akio hadn't... her naivete and idealism left her very open for someone to come along and manipulate right into their bed.

Touga could have tapped it had the effort been entirely to tap her and not fatally split between two goals.

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I think Utena could be considered seduceable (..Be quiet. emot-redface ) by Akio, since he resembles "her prince" so much. I know that not too long after I saw him in the series, I was expecting Utena to fall for him, what with his resemblance to Dios and the way he was acting so princely, even if it was fake.

Actually, Utena doesn't seem to realize he looks like Dios. emot-confused And he made a very specific point of not appealing to her prince complex. He got under her skin with a mentor relationship, and left the price complex nice and scarred the way Touga left it. Utena never connects him with her prince, in fact she bitches a lot about how she's falling for him instead of being loyal to her prince.

As for who he couldn't seduce...short list, definitely. Ruka? Yeah. Ruka would have done it to get on Akio's good side. Same idea as Touga except with noble reasons. His enjoyment of it probably would have factored about the same, maybe less because Touga's more likely to appreciate good sex regardless of the genders involved. Ruka would suffer the morality of it more.

The SPG girls shouldn't even count since they're not necessary capable of having sex. That said, they did rather like his voice, and you know, from that point on it's kinda downhill for any hope of resisting him.

He was well on his way to getting Nanami had he wanted her before she caught him with Anthy. He coulda played the 'Think of me like family' thing right into her panties.

Juri, well...if James Bond can do it... cool

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#8 | Back to Top11-19-2006 09:07:40 PM

A Day Without Me

Giovanna wrote:

He was well on his way to getting Nanami had he wanted her before she caught him with Anthy. He coulda played the 'Think of me like family' thing right into her panties.

Which is exactly why I can't see him being able to seduce her.

As for the whole Ruka thing, I do think if Akio had made it clear sleeping with him was the only way to get to saving Juri, I'm sure he would've, although I suppose I don't think of that as seduction persay... at least, not in the traditional sense. More like blackmail or something.

And Juri's Shiorisexual, and James Bond never tried to get into the pants of anyone solely attracted to one person, so... emot-biggrin

#9 | Back to Top11-19-2006 09:11:08 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

brian wrote:

True. I meant in a sexual manner.

Sexually-wise, unless Akio has Cosmo Kramer's "Lure of the Kavorka" which allowed him to turn a lesbian into a hetrosexual, I doubt even Akio could seduce Juri into his bed or car or couch as the case may be, but if it served his purpose he would have ordered Anthy to seduce her somehow with her witchy ways.

Nanami would be a hard nut to crack (Even if in a way he cracked her when she walked in on Anthy and him having sex) even before that incident with him and Anthy due to her singlemindedness towards Touga but if he really wanted her in his bed, he would have manipulated things to make Touga look bad in her eyes first the same way Tsuwabuki tried to do but he would have succeeded as he would be careful not to make the same mistakes that Tsuwabuki had.  Once she was free from her brother fixation, I'm sure he would have made the right moves and set things up so she would have fallen for him, thats why he is the Bastard king of Ohtori. *hehe*

As for the Shadow Girls and Ruka, because they both have had a long history with Akio, its hard to say if they have done the deed with Akio in the past or not, for all you know Ruka might have been in the same status with Akio as Touga was in a previous duel cycle.  The Shadow Girls are so mysterious that its hard to know if they are seducible or not.

Edit: Typos

Last edited by Tamago (11-20-2006 02:03:51 PM)

#10 | Back to Top11-20-2006 06:19:49 AM

A Day Without Me

On the total flip side of things, I definitely think he could get Miki or Saionji into his bed pretty quickly. And, man, would he ever break them - especially Saionji. Can't you just see Saionji getting seduced by Akio with Touga there to help? Not to say Akio couldn't do it on his own, but I'm sure Touga would be involved. (Wow, that'd be kind of hot, I'm not gonna lie)

But Ruka in the past is an interesting point - he may've been a bit different before he took his leave of absence from Ohtori after all - but the Ruka as we know him would only end up in Akio's bed through blackmailing.

I just thought of another character I can't see Akio seducing - Chu-Chu. Chu-Chu hates him for what he does to Anthy, and, well, Akio seducing Chu-Chu would be messed up even by Utena standards...

Last edited by A Day Without Me (11-20-2006 06:36:32 AM)

#11 | Back to Top11-20-2006 06:45:53 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

And Juri's Shiorisexual, and James Bond never tried to get into the pants of anyone solely attracted to one person, so... emot-biggrin

This is true. Still, there are fics.

Tamago wrote:

for all you know Ruka might have been in the same status with Akio as Touga was in a previous duel cycle

IIRC they were kinda ambiguous as to whether he was in the council before. I can see his personality agreeing with this, but Ruka doesn't seem to have had a motivation for such a thing before he's trying to save Juri. He's not powerhungry the way Touga is. I do like that we're assuming Akio sleeps with every seitokaichou. emot-biggrin

A Day Without Me wrote:

On the total flip side of things, I definitely think he could get Miki or Saionji into his bed pretty quickly. And, man, would he ever break them - especially Saionji. Can't you just see Saionji getting seduced by Akio with Touga there to help? Not to say Akio couldn't do it on his own, but I'm sure Touga would be involved. (Wow, that'd be kind of hot, I'm not gonna lie)

Wow, this is me be all kinds of agreement. etc-wankgirl

It's also by far more plausible than any of these other situations. Saionji's one of the most closed people in this way in the series, but he's coiled too tightly, and it would be easy to set him off.

As for Miki...yeah, well. Akio's a bad person. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#12 | Back to Top11-20-2006 06:50:37 AM

A Day Without Me

Giovanna wrote:

As for Miki...yeah, well. Akio's a bad person. emot-frown

And maybe Akio digs twins *wiggles eyebrows suggestively* school-devil

#13 | Back to Top11-21-2006 02:37:21 PM

Etrangere
Rose Smilee
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

Isn't that what DID happen in the series? I distinctively remember the three of them getting naked together (photo shoot my ass) emot-biggrin

Yes. You shouldn't be suspicious of Anthy. Her big brother is your watching. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. ~ Dalbun

#14 | Back to Top11-21-2006 05:31:54 PM

A Day Without Me

Etrangere wrote:

A Day Without Me wrote:

Isn't that what DID happen in the series? I distinctively remember the three of them getting naked together (photo shoot my ass) emot-biggrin

I always assumed that Touga screwed Saionji but that Akio never did Saionji himself. I'm sure Akio took photos of them doing the deed, though *eyebrow wiggle*

#15 | Back to Top04-22-2009 09:04:32 PM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

The way I see it, anyone who even looked at his car became automatically seeded with 100% Ohtori-brand seed [ridiculously potent; Anthy's still expecting triplets to fall out of the mysterious blackhole-ish void in her womb--the source/storage place for the Sword of Dios]. If they got in the car, then...yikes. There is no hope for those kids. The biggest bit of it all is...why didn't anyone mention poor little Mitsuru?emot-aaa

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#16 | Back to Top04-22-2009 09:22:36 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

The way I see it, anyone who even looked at his car became automatically seeded with 100% Ohtori-brand seed [ridiculously potent; Anthy's still expecting triplets to fall out of the mysterious blackhole-ish void in her womb--the source/storage place for the Sword of Dios]. If they got in the car, then...yikes. There is no hope for those kids. The biggest bit of it all is...why didn't anyone mention poor little Mitsuru?emot-aaa

Well, at least Akio is nice enough to spare the kid of possible corruption. Utena is already being messed up enough. Imagine what would happen to Mitsuru if he ends up like her emot-gonk

#17 | Back to Top04-23-2009 08:40:28 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

Mitsuru's still a kid, which means that he's automatically on the list of those seducable, since children are generally more apt to buy into the lies that adults tend to tell them. With his Nanami fetish, all Akio would really have to do is tell the boy that if he wanted to be an adult, then sleeping with him was the way to do it. Similar to the Ruka situation, he'd jump all over Akio to get the opportunity to get what he wants. Personally, I'm surprised that there weren't more pregnant teenage girls in the series. Then again, that's rather uncharacteristic of anime.

As it's been stated numerous times, Juri is Shiorisexual(with one occurance of deviance [Utena] with the jokingly? manner that she asked for a picture for her new locket. And we can't forget the somewhat sensual scene by the fountain, where Juri pretty much fondled Utena before flipping out about the Rose Signet.) Juri=Not Akio-seducable.

And Hiraku's statement that Akio is sparing Mitsuru.....I think not. In my personal opinion, if Mitsuru were a bit older and a part of the entire dueling charade, then you can bet that Akio would be all over him like Micheal Jackson was the Caulkin kid. (killerqueen, bless you for getting the reference!) Unless anyone hasn't noticed, Akio has this repetitive pattern he likes to follow where seduces people that are useful to him. With Touga, it was so he'd have a mole, an insider into the minds of the Student Council, and someone who still had a psuchological grip (though weak) on Utena Tenjou. With Utena, her seduction, in my opinion, was to prevent her from getting into the Rose Gate(we see how well THAT worked...) so she couldn't gain the "Power to grant the world Revolution", which I think is a farce anyway. But bet yer bottom dollar, if Mitsuru had been older and had some connection with the duels.....He'd totally be Akio-seducable.

As for Kozue, my initial judgement of her was that she wasn't seducable by Akio, but then my mind went back to the second? duel between Utena and Miki, where Miki had taken Kozue as his Rose Bride. It was the scene where Kozue and Anthy were wall-riding in the car, and Kozue showed off a bit of her whorish side by snogging Anthy(cuz we ALL know that's what they did...). This leads e to believe that Kozue's eaither really stubborn about getting what she wants or that she's just, in the words of some random singer whose name I can't remember, a "Promiscuous Girl". My verdict? Kozue = Seducable.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited by PrinceoftheLostEternity (04-23-2009 01:36:41 PM)

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#18 | Back to Top04-24-2009 09:13:37 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

The biggest bit of it all is...why didn't anyone mention poor little Mitsuru?emot-aaa

Well, it goes without saying that Mitsuru wouldn't be included. Anyway, I certainly can't imagine him getting Juri or Ruka in the sack even if he promised to get them closer to the people they loved. Ruka's much too smart to fall for Akio's tricks. (Although I would looove to see them hook up. etc-wankgirl)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#19 | Back to Top04-25-2009 07:52:59 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

I'd like to hope, at least, that he couldn't get into Nemuro's pants. He's a cold fish, and after all, Akio is probably a teeny bit on the old side for him to be interested....

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#20 | Back to Top04-25-2009 10:03:13 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

Miss Bluesky wrote:

I'd like to hope, at least, that he couldn't get into Nemuro's pants. He's a cold fish, and after all, Akio is probably a teeny bit on the old side for him to be interested....

You've got a really good point. As Nemuro himself would say "What's the good thing about twentysixyearolds? THERE'S TWENTY OF THEM!!"

Not that I feel the same way. I like my girls older.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#21 | Back to Top04-25-2009 02:28:12 PM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

A lot of people are sitting on the Kozue side of things, but I'm still convinced that she's just as big a horndog as Akio. She mainly did it to make Miki jealous, but I'm sure Akio did her, she liked it, and continued prowling around molesting the extras [ex: random basketball kid #2].

#22 | Back to Top04-25-2009 02:29:54 PM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

Miss Bluesky wrote:

I think he did, but strictly for the dominance side of it. I'll bet he wouldn't enjoy that one bit...

I also think it's the same for Saionji. Akio just doesn't go much for green hair...

#23 | Back to Top04-27-2009 07:58:23 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

Very valid point. Pretty much all of the duelists aside from Juri...are basically labled as "screwed by Akio", meaning that they all carry his seed.

#24 | Back to Top04-27-2009 09:01:44 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

A lot of people are sitting on the Kozue side of things, but I'm still convinced that she's just as big a horndog as Akio. She mainly did it to make Miki jealous, but I'm sure Akio did her, she liked it, and continued prowling around molesting the extras [ex: random basketball kid #2].

Kozue seems to have some issues going on with control over others, so I reckon that if screwing Akio would give her that, she'd be up for it.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#25 | Back to Top04-27-2009 09:04:06 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

Miss Bluesky wrote:

KillerxXxQueen wrote:

Kozue seems to have some issues going on with control over others, so I reckon that if screwing Akio would give her that, she'd be up for it.

Kozue and Akio aren't that different. Their contrasting points are that Kozue's a girl, she's not chairman of the school, and she isn't directly involved with the duels.

Board footer