This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top04-11-2007 12:03:43 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: In this thread, Giovanna loves you guys. ;____;

Giovanna wrote:

Oh...oh I agSUITSree...very muEVERYONEDRAWMESKUCHARACTERSINSUITSch...

I'm totally subliminal. emot-wink

I've been thinking of drawing the SKU cast wearing suits. I'll probably draw them in pairs 'cause I don't want to draw a big group picture. I don't think I'll be able to start with these before May so I still have time to gather some ideas and think which pairings to use. school-devil

Razara wrote:

My subconscious is telling me that I should have commissioned that picture of Akio as a sexy vampire as a picture of Akio as a sexy vampire wearing a suit instead. emot-wink

Sexy vampire Akio -- WHERE?!

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#27 | Back to Top04-11-2007 12:05:26 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I'm glad that it made it in time given how many of us were able to do it.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#28 | Back to Top04-11-2007 02:48:43 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

[glomps] Just be positive. Working in the medical profession for three-four years has taught me one thing, and that is this -- positive thinking really does change how things pan out for a patient, so just think...if you think positive, and that's all added to how positively we're all thinking, it's got to be a good thing. etc-love

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#29 | Back to Top04-11-2007 07:07:03 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

I just joined but I can definitely see the apparent love and respect everyone shares for each other.  I'm happy to have found the forum and the site when I did!  It's so nice to finally meet a great community who shares the some of the same interests I do!  Giovanna, Yasha, and everyone else, you guys are fabulous! emot-keke

#30 | Back to Top04-11-2007 09:17:37 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

i must thank all of the forum members for being nice not noting my bad grammar and spelling and such also for being one the best sources of amusement ever and i finally got round to reading a lot of peoples essays on different topics....damn yall are making me wish that i could shape my thoughts and ideas that well.... And to Giovanna as the 90,000 person to say this you are....amazing and thanks for everything please take care of your self. and to Yasha it is an honor to meet another Touga fan and thanks for your work as well. this place along with sexy internet men is the reason that i don't get shit done....sigh me go do work....

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (04-11-2007 09:19:02 PM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#31 | Back to Top04-11-2007 11:39:23 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

;.;

This thread is so awesome.

I wish I could've participated in it more than I did. I should try to make up for it with a plushie or something.

Last edited by Hinotori (04-12-2007 12:36:28 AM)

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#32 | Back to Top04-12-2007 01:46:51 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Oh my god, I wish I had added my signature to the dinosaur.

This is what happens when I'm missing from the internet for any period of time. emot-mad

You truly are blessed, Gio. We all love you to death. etc-love

#33 | Back to Top04-12-2007 01:46:55 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

To those of you who don't already know, Gio is leaving to get her surgery done about an hour and a half from the time of this post. I hope to hear from her mother by 11 am CST, and I will post updates as soon as I can.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#34 | Back to Top04-12-2007 02:17:22 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

etc-love :hugs: etc-love Thanks all of you for your kind words and support. I'm sure I'll be fine, and soon enough, back on my feet doing what's important in life. Drinking wine, wanking, and sitting on my ass updating Empty Movement. school-devil

I'm bringing my lappie to the hospital but naturally the odds there's going to be any internets are slim to none (even though several people have noted Baptist is totally the ritzy hospital in Miami), so I probably won't be back online for two or three days, but like she said, Yasha will keep you all up to date. emot-smile

I'll see you all soon. :hug: Love you. etc-love poptart

(Have I mentioned the doctor that's going to be operating looks strangely like Q from Star Trek? emot-redface)

Edit: Maarika, I saw that. I refuse to beg for any specific pairings but oh can I think of a few.... etc-wankgirl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#35 | Back to Top04-12-2007 02:47:50 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

I wasn't aware in any of this but... *hugs* poptart *

* My debut in using the poptart emoticon. (:

#36 | Back to Top04-12-2007 03:12:40 AM

guardian_rose
Precious One

I haven't been a member of this forum very long but...
Hi, Im M.S. Warner! You may remember me from great SKU posts as SKU Sims or SKU Caption Contest.

I think it is high time that I too show my gratitude, even if I have no idea whatso ever as to what all this really means, or what it stems from. I was originally shown Empty Movement from my best friend, who happens to live in Ohio. She and I have been into Utena since around 2000.

I reluctantly checked this site out, but I soon realized that I couldn't contain my opinion. This has turned out for the best. In real life, I am a very quiet, very shy person. I am afraid of my own opinion at times, and most often tend to hate people.
I was happy with this life.

But EM changed alot. Not all for the better ;). Now, for the first time, I am a forum junkie. I have an opinon for just about EVERYTHING, and damnit! you're gonna hear about it! I have also come to find that the people who post here have great senses of humor. I can really connect in ways that as an adult I have had a hard time doing. Gio and Yasha are responsable.

Living in Alaska is no picknic. Neither is being a college student nor a full time parent. In real life, I don't have very many friends. None that on a whim, I can go hang out with. I dont even leave my home anymore. I feel caged like an animal, and yet here in Gio's forum, I am as free as any animal in the wild.

I wish, deep within, more than the Goddess of the Night can grant me, that I could thank Gio and Yasha for providing me a sanctuary where I can be myself, my TRUE self! The only way I can is by saying an honest to goddess, Thank you.

Now, not to ruin the moment or anything, but, I guess the way before me is prepaired, no?

We all have our own little addictions.

#37 | Back to Top04-12-2007 05:51:41 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Good luck, Giovanna, we're waiting for you etc-love

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#38 | Back to Top04-12-2007 09:39:54 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I have word from Gio's mom already; she's out of surgery and doing fine. She lost very little blood, the cysts were benign, and they were big enough that they were pushing around a lot of things in her insides. Gio will be in the hospital another 2-4 days yet; I will keep everyone updated on what I hear, when I hear it.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#39 | Back to Top04-12-2007 09:47:28 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Yasha wrote:

I have word from Gio's mom already; she's out of surgery and doing fine. She lost very little blood, the cysts were benign, and they were big enough that they were pushing around a lot of things in her insides. Gio will be in the hospital another 2-4 days yet; I will keep everyone updated on what I hear, when I hear it.

Good emot-dance
I'm happy this is finished and Gio is okay, I'll wait for her recovery.
Thank you, Yasha.

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#40 | Back to Top04-12-2007 09:49:42 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so happy to hear!!! Yasha, THANK YOU for the updates! etc-love etc-love etc-love

Going drinking & sing karaoke tonight to celebrate Giovanna's good fortune!!! emot-dance poptart emot-dance

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#41 | Back to Top04-12-2007 09:51:02 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

emot-dance

Fabulous! I'll be having wine with my lunch today in honor of Gio! emot-keke So what if I have to work? emot-rolleyes

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#42 | Back to Top04-12-2007 10:39:43 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Woo hoo!  emot-danceemot-danceemot-dance

Yay!  I'm so happy.  Thank you, Yasha, for keeping us all informed.  You rock!

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#43 | Back to Top04-12-2007 11:22:30 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Hope for a fast and quick recovery for you babe and thanks for the updates.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#44 | Back to Top04-12-2007 02:25:36 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Thank goodness! I was worried that she wasn't going to be okay. emot-frown

#45 | Back to Top04-12-2007 02:44:53 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Yay! emot-dance

Get well Gio, we're all waiting for ya! emot-keke

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#46 | Back to Top04-12-2007 03:00:56 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Can't say anything that anybody hasn't beaten me to, but...GO GIO!! emot-keke

Thanks for opening up this forum to us all! emot-keke And get well soon! emot-biggrin

(waits for Gio to pass by for a glompattack...)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#47 | Back to Top04-12-2007 03:18:18 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

I didn't know what to post so i have been just reading.

I poptart you, Gio, and everyone else. This forum is awesome, i wish i could live near anybody from here.

#48 | Back to Top04-12-2007 04:08:14 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Yasha wrote:

Phew! I'm glad to hear that. emot-keke poptart

Oh, and Clarice, I agree with what you said. etc-love Positive thinking is a major factor in healing. When someone thinks they're about to die, it makes it easier to die. But if they're determined to live, it makes it easier for their body to get over it.

etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love to Gio!

#49 | Back to Top04-12-2007 05:19:26 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I just got a message from Gio, she says she's fine and she may call me tonight. Does anyone want me to say anything to her? I will let her know about all your good wishes, for sure.

#50 | Back to Top04-12-2007 05:39:39 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Just tell the lady to take it easy rest up.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

Board footer