This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-19-2007 06:37:25 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: The Neil Gaiman Love Thread

morosemocha wrote:

Thread Necro!

I'm sure many of you know that Stardust was recently made. Well, apparantly there are trailers for it in Russia. Somone on ONTD kindly posted it. Looks freaking awesome, but I'm not so sure about the POTC music, or how faithful it's going to be. :/

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth … 29778.html <--- for your enjoyment. emot-keke

Not sure where all of those scenes are from, either. Hrm.

Oh god, I can't wait to get home and see this!!!

On another note, what's with the russian trailers being released first? The PotC3 trailer was released there too recently... I will post a link in the movies thread when I get home to avoid derailing all the Neil love.

etc-loveetc-loveetc-love Neil etc-loveetc-loveetc-love Gaiman etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

The only man who's ever made my cry over a comic... High Cost of Living made me bawl like a baby.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#27 | Back to Top03-19-2007 08:41:55 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

The link is dead. I hunted down one.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.ph … amp;item=0 (Worst previews emot-rolleyes)

It would seem this is a major beta of the trailer and the CGI, which isn't even complete in these shots, so I wouldn't hang my opinion of things on it. Also don't hold the music against it, they do that all the god damn time. I've heard the soundtrack to Saving Private Ryan in a dozen other places. Instead focus on the FUCKING TRAIN OF AWESOME ACTORS HOLY SHIT HOW DID THEY GET A CAST LIKE THAT emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa

How did they get DeNiro to do this, he NEVER does fantasy films. emot-aaa

Also, baby, it opens August 10th. etc-love

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#28 | Back to Top03-19-2007 09:50:50 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

That's true. I'm just uneasy about adaptions in general. As far as I'm concerned, Silence of the Lambs is the only decent one I've ever seen.

Personally, I'm wondering if they're all fans of Gaiman. I can see Claire Daines and Michelle Pfeiffer kicking back with a copy of Stardust. I don't care for Sienna Miller, tho. emot-frown Whoever is playing Tristan, tho... I'll take him.

Yeah, my first reactions was DENIROHOLYWTF?

The CG is spectacular, so I can say that at least it will be a visual orgasm. etc-love etc-love etc-love

Edit: Apparantly it's a fan made trailer from Russia, hence the POTC music. Neil posted about it on his blog this morning. Hmm...

Edit a deux: AND PETER O'TOOLE? HOLYOMGWTF?HOORAY!

With Ian McKellen as the narrator? how the fuck did I miss this stuff?!

etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

Last edited by morosemocha (03-19-2007 11:04:02 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#29 | Back to Top03-20-2007 08:27:12 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

Romanticide wrote:

God I really want to go to San Diego Comic con... he will be there this year.

He's going to be there? If you go, take pictures!! etc-loveetc-love I'm jealous.

I'll scan the image tomorrow and post it, and I'll get working on the letter. Maybe we can convince him to watch SKU, if he hasn't already.emot-dance
I love Neil Gaiman so much.etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#30 | Back to Top03-20-2007 08:47:43 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

morosemocha wrote:

:wankage over the cast:

I TOLD YOU

etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

Peter O'Toole? Robert DeNiro? Ian McKellen??? FUCKING SOLD.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#31 | Back to Top03-20-2007 10:42:15 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I missed out. I repent. ::prostrates herself before the almighty Gio::

However, Paramount must've been ticked about that pseudo russian trailer, as the official site is now live (yeah, I read Neil's blog everyday...such a loser emot-frown ). The music is lovely, and the gallery has some really great shots. No official trailer though. emot-frown

...I REALLY want to make Yvaine's silvery dress now. It's exactly how I pictured it too. emot-dance Maybe that'll be my first foray back into cosplay. Looks like it could be pretty simple. And supposedly I look somewhat like Claire Daines. Oo;;;

Last edited by morosemocha (03-20-2007 10:42:30 PM)

#32 | Back to Top03-21-2007 09:32:52 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'm going to have to reread Stardust now, because... *toes ground, ashamed* I don't remember exactly what happens. emot-frown

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#33 | Back to Top03-21-2007 11:10:33 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Yasha wrote:

I'm going to have to reread Stardust now, because... *toes ground, ashamed* I don't remember exactly what happens. emot-frown

I haven't had the oportunity to read stardust -.-

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#34 | Back to Top03-24-2007 02:53:50 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Hooray official trailer!

...I didn't mean to turn into stardust girl or anything, but I really adore this book. etc-love etc-love

#35 | Back to Top03-26-2007 01:38:18 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

That trailer looks so cool, but it seems like they've added a bit more action to the book. I think it's a good choice for a movie, though.

#36 | Back to Top03-26-2007 05:10:16 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

My friend let me borrow one of her Sandman comics and it did take me a while to get to finish it. Reading it though was sublime, I was actually more enchanted with the process of reading it and figuring out where the story was going to go.

Stardust looks amazing.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#37 | Back to Top03-26-2007 09:32:38 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Personal_IceQueen wrote:

My friend let me borrow one of her Sandman comics and it did take me a while to get to finish it. Reading it though was sublime, I was actually more enchanted with the process of reading it and figuring out where the story was going to go.

Stardust looks amazing.

just for curiosity, which one did you borrowed? emot-smile

#38 | Back to Top03-28-2007 11:16:12 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

She let me borrow "Prelude and Nocturnes" but it was not the whole thing, it was a regular 32-56 issue.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#39 | Back to Top04-25-2007 02:50:48 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I think I've been a Gaiman fan longer than I've been an anime fan...starting from Sandman.  I haven't read Stardust yet, so that's great for me!  I've been needing a book since Danielewski's latest turned into a dud... emot-mad

I've seen the trailer and I'm a little worried.  That's not Claire Danes is it?  Hate her.

As for DeNiro eschewing fantasy...didn't you see Brazil?

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#40 | Back to Top04-25-2007 11:37:59 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I don't mind Claire Danes as such. Sienna Miller on the other hand.... I have a need to quell my murderous rage. I just don't like her.

#41 | Back to Top04-26-2007 02:56:39 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

morosemocha wrote:

I don't mind Claire Danes as such. Sienna Miller on the other hand.... I have a need to quell my murderous rage. I just don't like her.

Since I pretty much opted out of poular culture a couple of years ago, I barely even know who Sienna Miller is.  Why, is she in the movie?

My main complaint against Claire Danes is that she butchered Juliet.  Granted, that's kind of obligatory, but that doesn't excuse it.  It's only in the last few months that I've been able to forgive Leonardo DiCaprio for the axe-job he did on Romeo, but he was beautiful in The Departed, so...

Anyway, back on topic, has anybody here seen the Neverwhere mini-series?  If not, you should check it out, heinous production values and all.

EDIT: Grammar.

Last edited by Stormcrow (04-26-2007 02:57:09 PM)

-Truck North

#42 | Back to Top07-24-2007 01:21:07 AM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I saw a poster for Stardust in my movie theater last week and jumped around and got all excited:dance:. Many people stared at me. On another note, remember when I posted a long time ago about how I was going to ask Neil about Demian and Utena? Well I finally did. I have no idea if he'll answer or not, but I tried. In my message, I gave him a link to the forum. Maybe I should have given him a link to his own thread? Oops. I'll just have to wait and see if he answers. If he does, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
And on yet another note, I went to Otakon this year. While I was in the artist's alley, I found a booth called Bishonen House, which makes custom boy dolls. They're really pretty, but that's not what I'm getting at. emot-smile THEY MADE A CUSTOM DREAM DOLL. And he looks fantastic. I was drooling all over the photos. I heard from the creator that Neil heard of it, saw a picture, loved it, and posted about it in his journal. You guys have to see this. Dream is so pretty. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47537110/

And if anyone is wondering how much he costs, he's about $900.

Last edited by bella (07-24-2007 01:24:10 AM)

#43 | Back to Top07-24-2007 01:56:58 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Wow. That's amazing. I've always wanted to get into making dolls, although they freak me out.

Wow, that's so gorgeous beyond belief.

#44 | Back to Top07-24-2007 06:29:25 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

All this talk has made me curious. So if I want to get familiar with his work, where should I start first? Any recommendations? I've heard so much about Sandman. Should I start buying them?

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#45 | Back to Top07-24-2007 08:14:02 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Maarika wrote:

All this talk has made me curious. So if I want to get familiar with his work, where should I start first? Any recommendations? I've heard so much about Sandman. Should I start buying them?

Yes.

Or you might actually check the local library for them first, Asfalolh found a couple of his that way. The first one...Preludes & Nocturnes, I think? The first one I read though was Fables & Reflections, which got me hooked pretty thoroughly.

And I'm with Mocha on this one, dolls are creepy, fortunately that looks like an action figure to me.emot-wink

-Truck North

#46 | Back to Top07-24-2007 10:04:25 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I don't rely on our local libraries. And if it is as good as I hear it is then I'd be happy to pay for it. emot-keke
I'll start with "Preludes & Nocturnes" then.

If I should get hooked on this, I'll be totally broke. emot-mad

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#47 | Back to Top07-29-2007 08:26:08 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Maarika wrote:

I don't rely on our local libraries. And if it is as good as I hear it is then I'd be happy to pay for it. emot-keke
I'll start with "Preludes & Nocturnes" then.

If I should get hooked on this, I'll be totally broke. emot-mad

I cannot recomend Sandman to other people enough. Buy it if you can, but read the first volume till the end even if you don't feel it is not convincing you, is at the latest chapters when Gaiman stops imitating the style of Alan Moore Swamp thing and finds his voice which is what makes Sandman so alluring.

#48 | Back to Top08-16-2007 07:31:31 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I just saw Stardust today. Freaking fantastic and one of the best fantasy films I've ever seen. I must finish the book now. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#49 | Back to Top08-17-2007 12:24:33 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I loved the movie Stardust. For the rest of you Neil Gaiman fans...are you all aware that there is a stop motion animated film being made for his children's book Coraline? There is...I beleive it should release next year if I am not mistaken. And there is a great posibility that there will be a Death movie. emot-dance

http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0327597/iid_ … &seq=3

Last edited by Alithea (08-17-2007 01:12:01 PM)

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#50 | Back to Top08-17-2007 10:42:26 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

Alithea wrote:

I loved the movie Stardust. For the rest of you Neil Gaiman fans...are you all aware that there is a stop motion animated film being made for his children's book Coraline? There is...I beleive it should release next year if I am not mistaken. And there is a great posibility that there will be a Death movie. emot-dance

http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0327597/iid_ … &seq=3

Yes yes yes. I knew about this. That's one of my Gaiman favorites. I can't wait!emot-roflemot-danceetc-loveetc-love

Board footer