This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-21-2014 09:54:34 PM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

A witch's cursor

I recently started watching Utena with some friends of mine and one of them would frequently say 'loading... loading... loading' whenever the rotating rose came on-screen. I had thought about how the spinning roses were like a loading icon before but it only then occurred to me. Why don't I make a cursor that is just that? So with a little bit of searching and some help from the recently ripped Sega Saturn sprites I put together a .ani file that is a small 32 x 32 rose sprite.

It looks like this when you use it:
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/cyan-osis/ezgif.com-maker_zpstmo5xnnl.gif
(The gif is a little faster than the actual icon.)

Currently I only have a Chigusa rose cursor but I can make others if anyone wants me to. I can also make them bigger and/or faster but I think it diminishes the effectiveness of the cursor if you go much bigger. I chose to use the cursor as my 'Busy' icon since it was already similar to it.

Should any of you guys want a copy of this file you can get it here.

Last edited by Jacrad (12-21-2014 09:55:16 PM)

#2 | Back to Top12-22-2014 12:00:03 AM

egg
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: A witch's cursor

Custom pointers are so cool, this is a great idea!! I've set it as my "busy" icon as well, hehe. I would love to see more of them if you chose to make them. emot-smile Could you make an orange spinning/loading rose?? (Who is this egg's favorite character... dunno. emot-rolleyes)

#3 | Back to Top12-22-2014 03:06:50 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Ahh, that's super cute! I should think about redoing my cursors here... If you ever do a dark purple and a light purple one, I may just do that, because my main computers are named Anthy and Akio. emot-dance

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top12-22-2014 07:35:52 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

That would be super easy, because it's already a white gif. You'd just layer the new color over it and make that layer multiply. Next time on the big box, I'll do. Shooping on laptop is hard. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top12-23-2014 04:41:29 PM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

Alright, I went ahead and made a Juri-rose for ya Egg. You can download it here.

If Gio hasn't already made one for you Yasha I can make an Akio and Anthy rose pointer. But I can't find an official rose color for Anthy. Could you please post a swatch of the color you want it to be?

#6 | Back to Top12-24-2014 12:22:56 AM

egg
Wakaba Wrangler

Jacrad wrote:

Alright, I went ahead and made a Juri-rose for ya Egg.

Thank you!! I love it emot-keke

#7 | Back to Top01-02-2015 05:14:30 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Jacrad wrote:

Alright, I went ahead and made a Juri-rose for ya Egg. You can download it here.

If Gio hasn't already made one for you Yasha I can make an Akio and Anthy rose pointer. But I can't find an official rose color for Anthy. Could you please post a swatch of the color you want it to be?

I don't have a swatch handy at the moment, but I believe in the game screenshots there's a purple rose for Anthy, and maybe a lighter one for Akio. I could be wrong. I'll check through and see... someday. When I have time. emot-frown

I should probably ask for Utena-pink and Mikage-black just to round out the set, as those are our other two computers (why yes, all of them are named after characters. And our PS3 is named Saionji. cool ).

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#8 | Back to Top01-04-2015 01:07:30 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

A black one would be much appreciated, yeeesssssss emot-dance

#9 | Back to Top01-05-2015 09:27:40 AM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

Well, there is a purple rose in the game but it's used for the protagonist. I think it's a little too warm of a color for Anthy.
It looks like this:
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/cyan-osis/jk_zps94b0045e.png

Here are a few quick palette ideas I have:
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/cyan-osis/rosepale_zps220128c0.png

#10 | Back to Top01-18-2015 10:29:29 PM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

Alright, normally I would have done Akio and Utena first but I was playing around with making the black rose and found it very difficult. I really wanted to figure out how to make it work so I went ahead and made it.

You can download that one here.

#11 | Back to Top01-05-2016 11:57:16 PM

Arale
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Bumping because the downloads expired and I accidentally deleted the one I had ;-;

im a shadow play girl irl

Board footer