This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-06-2010 03:01:40 PM

eleutheria
Saionji Slapper

[fanfiction] "To My Revolutionary Girl", Anthy POV [drabble]

I suffer from insomnia and from a severe writer's block in my own fandom, and yet..... inspiration somehow struck me again around 5am, after I rewatched the last two episodes. It's a drabble of 172 words.

This is my take on Anthy's thoughts as she walks to find Utena (i.e. this is inspired from the end titles).

...this is also my very first attempt at this. Don't kill me please. emot-frown I have a tendency to overstate. I fail at subtletly. emot-gonk

http://ohtori.nu/galerie/d/17122-1/Series_ep39_312.jpg

À ma Fillette Révolutionnaire, sur mon voyage vers la liberté (et vers toi). (*)

When we meet again, what will you think of me? Will you remember? Will you think I was a dream, like your prince? Do you only even exist, still? Outside of my brother’s world... Outside of Ohtori. Can I find you in my own new world? Where everything is possible... but so vast. Endless possibilities. Endless traps?

I musn’t be afraid.

Yet, it feels strange to tell myself to trust in the beliefs held by these I silently mocked and pitied. Believing in a miracle, I? A miracle that would lead me to this only true friendship I’ve ever known? Friendship... Utena thought it could be eternal... or at least last ten years.

I mustn’t be afraid: I will find the one with whom I shine, the one who opened the gate to my revolution.

Yes, Utena, you failed to be my Prince.

But, I am no longer looking for a Prince.

Cheer up, Utena. You became my Revolutionary.

(*) To my Revolutionary Girl, on my journey towards freedom (and towards you).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/maelicia/banner-together1.jpg
"What I'm doing now is taking back what I used to be... I've taken back what I was."

Board footer