This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-19-2008 01:39:17 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

[FIC] I spam you with crack.

I. What.

The cosplay thread sparked this with this here picture, and I am very tired and Iris should have known better to encourage me and this is what spawned.

[+] [+] [+]

It’s weird.

There are fingers in her hair, and the other girl looks just like her but only not, and it’s weird. It’s –

Her eyes are just so deep. Brown like chocolate and sparkle like diamonds. Chocolate-covered diamonds. Rich and sweet and she’s not making sense because this girl wearing a rose-crest ring and a white uniform and a smile is supposed to be her.

And then she can’t see anything, because the other her (it’s so weird) is kissing her.

She can’t help but twine her fingers in blonde hair and kiss back. The taste is so familiar that it tastes almost like kissing the back of her hand, with only the faintest hint of bubblegum. Slick-sticky lips slide against her own and ("I'll carry you on my back. Or would you prefer in my arms?") the kiss is clumsy and teeth click and it’s perfect, perfect, perfect.

The other Her (she just can’t call Her her own name, she just can’t) breaks the kiss off first, and she’s still smiling. Not-Her gently licks her cheeks, licks away tears that she wasn’t even aware were falling.

"Shh. It’s alright," says Not-Her, petting her blood-crusted hair (it hurts, her skin hurts so much). "It’s alright. I’ll take care of you. I’ll be your prince."

Thank you, Utena thinks desperately, before slipping into the black. And, for the first time in a long, long while it seems, she is warm.

[+] [+] [+]

Um. So that's where Utena went. Where that is, I'm not sure, but. Well.

Help me.

Last edited by Lady Nilamarthiel (04-19-2008 01:42:12 AM)

#2 | Back to Top04-20-2008 02:05:34 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: [FIC] I spam you with crack.

Wow, I like it.  It's creepy in a way I never thought Utena Tenjou could be.  Fits the picture very well!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#3 | Back to Top04-20-2008 02:32:21 AM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

God damn. That's... so very Utena, and so very selfcest, and so very weird and hot and gorgeous. God. Damn.

#4 | Back to Top04-20-2008 08:04:19 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Next: Enter Movie!Utena emot-dance

Please continue!

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#5 | Back to Top04-20-2008 09:34:55 AM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

etc-love I love it - you should write more of these, and definitely add in movieUtena. She could provide the angst while the other two make out.

Also, I adore this part:

"Shh. It’s alright," says Not-Her, petting her blood-crusted hair (it hurts, her skin hurts so much). "It’s alright. I’ll take care of you. I’ll be your prince."

It's so perfect, and like Almaser said, very fitting.

#6 | Back to Top04-20-2008 10:51:51 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Ha! Thanks so much, guys. I definitely want to write more in this 'Verse, but I really wish I knew where I was going with it. Or, even, where they were. emot-redface

Hm, movie!Utena would be an interesting addition, considering that movie!Anthy went to the Outside World with movie!Utena, as opposed to manga!Utena, who became Dios for a bit and then vanished to the Outside World, and anime!Utena, who was forcefully ripped away from anime!Anthy and then pierced with a million swords. They're all supposed to be the same person, but they really couldn't be more different, I think.

I'm so glad you guys like it. I was worried for a bit, because this really isn't up to par with what I usually write. That's what happens when you're out of practice. emot-redface emot-redface emot-redface

#7 | Back to Top07-10-2008 03:53:17 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

i think your writing style is beautiful!  and that picture too.  the series!Utena is so Asian, and the manga!Utena is so Victorian...
moar liek this?  maybe Movie Utena and Movie Manga Utena...and Musical Utena??

#8 | Back to Top07-10-2008 05:02:42 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Thank you, Himeohji! I'm actually working on a multi-chapter story that continues in this universe right now, and I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of it. So far, the mainest main characters are Manga!Utena, Series!Utena, and Movie!Utena. I don't really know anything about Musical!Utena, so I may briefly mention her, but I think that MovieManga!Utena would just be way too confusing. XD Thanks for the feedback, though! etc-love etc-love etc-love

#9 | Back to Top07-10-2008 05:18:36 PM

Himeohji Kagaya
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

glad to hear it!  (you can call me Kagaya by the way)

#10 | Back to Top08-17-2008 03:13:00 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Love it Lady Nilamarthiel!! emot-dance and you're right the Utena's couldn't be anymore different than one another.

Board footer