This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top05-06-2008 08:43:41 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Re: ~ I Wonder, I Wonder! ~

Do you cut your own hair, or do you get someone else to do it?  How come?

Kozue: Please. Any self-respecting person should be able to take care of themselves to that extent. Besides, hairstylists are always trying to force their image of how you should be on to your hair. What the hell do they know anyway?

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#102 | Back to Top05-06-2008 09:03:06 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I so need to start buying the Utena DVDs.

Congrats to DeepSubmerge for playing Mari. I played her too, and nobody guessed me.

Then again, nobody ever guesses me. Maybe I should try a major character instead of some obscure bit player...but I like the bit players...

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#103 | Back to Top05-07-2008 06:32:59 AM

DeepSubmerge
Saionji Slapper

Thank you :3
I am glad it got guessed, I wasn't too self-confident about it.
Might I say that the Mamia one was my favorite? etc-love

#104 | Back to Top05-07-2008 06:37:02 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I also need to get the Utena DVDs. :sigh: Perhaps I'll do better jumping in next round.
Bio: Argh, I should have gotten yours. But thanks to that thumbnail theater, I couldn't think of anyone except Mikage when you mentioned computers. emot-tongue

#105 | Back to Top05-07-2008 06:42:08 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Bio, keep playing little characters! It's always fun to see who you REALLY were and how well it fits. emot-biggrin That goes for you too, DeepSubmerge.

I've always tried to do it myself - who needs to waste all their money on some styleless adult doing it of you? - but a little someone has always objected. He tells me it looks ridiculous and that he'll fix it for me. Honestly, now I just do it to annoy him.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (05-07-2008 06:42:38 AM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#106 | Back to Top05-07-2008 10:29:54 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

All right, we have both our answers!

Stormcrow's Kozue wrote:

Please. Any self-respecting person should be able to take care of themselves to that extent. Besides, hairstylists are always trying to force their image of how you should be on to your hair. What the hell do they know anyway?

NajiMinkin's Kozue wrote:

I've always tried to do it myself - who needs to waste all their money on some styleless adult doing it of you? - but a little someone has always objected. He tells me it looks ridiculous and that he'll fix it for me. Honestly, now I just do it to annoy him.

Other players and spectators have 24 hours, starting now, to vote on which answer is better.  Whoever gets more votes wins the tiebreaker.  Good luck!

#107 | Back to Top05-08-2008 10:32:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Time's up, and the votes are in!  It was a close one, but NajiMinkin got 3 votes to Stormcrow's 2.  That means she wins this round of I Wonder, I Wonder!  Congratulations, Naji!

And an honorable mention to OnlyInThisLight, who gave us some compelling answers for a difficult character.

Thanks, everyone!  We'll play again soon!

#108 | Back to Top05-08-2008 11:28:55 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

emot-mad

I will have my revenge.school-chef

But I have to say, including Miki in your answer made for a superior entry...next time, I'll get you though...

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#109 | Back to Top05-08-2008 11:47:57 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

Hey, I voted for you... hopefully, I'll guess you on the next... and perhaps you will do the same.... emot-biggrin emot-dance

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#110 | Back to Top05-08-2008 02:27:06 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

If anything, Miki was a cop out. emot-rolleyes

Please don't kill me, Stormy! emot-gonk I promise I'll be good!

Can't wait 'til next time, Satyreyes.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#111 | Back to Top05-13-2008 12:35:13 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Thanks for the honorable mention, Satryeyes. 

*Pesters you to start the next round*

#112 | Back to Top05-13-2008 07:42:32 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Another round already?  Sure, I don't see why not!  emot-smile

Same rules as ever!  Pick a character, PM them to me, and answer the interview questions in their voice.  Once all the answers are in, guess everyone's identity.  Scoring is one point for each player who guesses you, plus one more point for each player you guess.

Another old rule still applies, too: no picking the same character you picked last time you played.

And here are the interview questions!  This round is a special "Life Milestones Edition," because having a theme helps me think of good questions.

What would your ideal boyfriend or girlfriend want to spend their Saturday nights doing?

Do you plan to have kids?  Would you make a good parent?

When you die, what do you want your relatives to do with your body?

#113 | Back to Top05-13-2008 09:25:36 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

What would your ideal boyfriend or girlfriend want to spend their Saturday nights doing?

I hope you don't expect me to choose a single activity to do with that special someone. Variety is the spice of life after all, I certainly like to keep things interesting. I pity anyone who settles into a trend, doing the same thing week on week with no end in sight. It should be obvious that my ideal companion would feel the same. Otherwise I could always find a new one, there's more than one way to achieve spontaneity.

It's every couple's duty to produce heirs for the next generation. Failing to keep the family line intact, one way or another, would be a betrayal. I have no doubt I'd be an excellent parent, despite a certain... lack of example to follow. I'd like to think I can succeed where my predecessors failed.

This is a morbid thought, I haven't any intention of making these plans just yet. Likely my relatives will have a suitable area reserved for my mortal remains on the far off day I'm laid to rest. Or perhaps I'll request cremation to have my ashes scattered across a particular place I've grown fond of. There's still so much to see and so much to do before I commit anything to stone.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#114 | Back to Top05-13-2008 10:27:36 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Eiee, well, I never really put to much thought into this. That's not to say I haven't thought about having one. I mean, every person my age has, it's just. . . I guess going for a night-time walk would be alright, but if they wanted to stay at home I'd enjoy that too. Relationships are built on understanding and compromise, aren't they? So, it doesn't really mater so long as we're together, right?

I'd like to think I'd make a good parent. I'd be nervous, I mean, I don't have any parenting skills. It's not something they teach you in school. I'd be afraid, but I think I'd like one. Maybe a boy, and a girl just to balance it out. Yeah, I like the sound of that.

I- I'm not sure. I'm not sure I'd want to be buried. The thoughts of dirt trapping my body forever gives me the willies. If it were possible, I'd like to blow free with the wind, so I suppose that's cremation. If there's a chance, it would be neat just to be able to drift forever through the world. I'd like that in my death - to be able to watch over whoever is still living. But, who really knows what happens after you die, right? I'm sorry, I kind of got carried away there.

#115 | Back to Top05-13-2008 10:45:55 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Call me a romanticist, but it shouldn't really matter what we're doing, be it watching television or taking a moonlit stroll on the beach, the person I'm with will share a bond engraved into the very muscle of my heart, and will only need to be with me to find happiness.  We will exchange words and confessions of true love repeated and over and over again despite that fact that our love runs so deep through the the trenches of our most hidden souls that they don't need to even be said, and that person will stay with me, by my side, and....and I....I mean we.....we'll...

......It's hard to explain.  But I know I'm right.

There are more important things that I can spend my time doing than thinking up baby names.  Someday I will be a good parent, strong and focused and consitant, and my kids will be the same, that much is sure.  It is therefore rather pointless to dwell upon it. 

I don't like talking about these kinds of things.  Why would you even ask?

~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I'm editing this because it was like, 1 am when I wrote it the first time and....gah.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (05-19-2008 12:06:12 AM)

#116 | Back to Top05-14-2008 03:29:11 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Well, to be honest, I haven't given that much thought. It would be great if we shared common interests, but it's not necessary. I'd make every effort to enjoy the things that she's passionate about. But, I think just being with that special person is more important than the details of what you're doing together. I mean, if it's real love, you should feel inspired and complete just thinking about that person. That's what I believe, anyway.

Kids!? It's much too early for me to be thinking about that. I'm not even sure how to be a proper adult, much less a good parent. I mean, my own family isn't exactly the most ideal model to learn from. (I hope there's a class about parenting people can take...) If I were to have children, I think one would be enough. Siblings can be such a handful.

...Do you really have to ask me this? I'd rather not think about it. Someone I know told me that he once found a young girl lying in a coffin. Just the image of that gives me the creeps. So I suppose I'd rather be cremated when my time is up.

#117 | Back to Top05-15-2008 06:15:04 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Anyone else?  Four people is minimally enough for a good game, but it's more fun with five or six.

#118 | Back to Top05-20-2008 10:12:23 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

All right, let's close up!  Ragnarok, Kaelyndra, OnlyInThisLight, and OnionPrince: I need your guesses as to each other's identities!  Anyone else who cares to play: feel free to submit your guesses as well!

#119 | Back to Top05-21-2008 11:40:36 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Another tie in this unusually high-scoring round!  Read on to find out who tied whom.

Ragnarok's presentation combined a Dionysiac attitude towards pleasure with an Apollonian one towards duty.  school-freud  His take on his character was a little more serious than we're used to, but it didn't stop OnlyInThisLight, OnionPrince, and spectators BioKraze and NajiMinkin from guessing that he was Touga.  I also heard Kozue, which would have neatly explained the "lack of example" with respect to parentage!

Kaelyndra's entry made me laugh out loud with the "eiee" at the beginning!  It sounded exactly like her character.  Her answers hit the right tone, too -- not too thoughtful, sort of spacey, and totally offhand.  I heard guesses of Miki, Wakaba, and Anthy, all of whom have a real or forced naivete that would have fitted the answers; but the right answer, as Ragnarok and OnlyInThisLight guessed, was Utena.

OnlyInThisLight's entry carried a very compelling kind of aggressive idealism!  "The person I'm with will share a bond engraved into the very muscle of my heart" -- classic.  I heard guesses of Utena and Tatsuya, who are idealists in their own ways but whose speech usually isn't that ornate.  What idealist talks like a rejected Shakespeare sonnet?  Saionji, of course, as Ragnarok, OnionPrince, and BioKraze divined.

OnionPrince dropped enough biographical clues in his entry -- siblings, a friend who found a girl in a coffin -- that you could really nail this one by process of elimination.  (Again, I'd really prefer that you relied on your role-playing chops, but OnionPrince wasn't over the top with it.)  Everyone guessed his character correctly: Miki.

Which makes the final score:

Ragnarok (Touga): 7 - guessed everyone; guessed by OnlyInThisLight, OnionPrince, BioKraze, and NajiMinkin
OnionPrince (Miki): 7 - guessed Ragnarok and OnlyInThisLight; guessed by everyone
OnlyInThisLight (Saionji): 6 - guessed everyone; guessed by Ragnarok, OnionPrince, and BioKraze
Kaelyndra (Utena): 3 - guessed OnionPrince; guessed by Ragnarok and OnlyInThisLight
BioKraze (spectator): 3 - guessed Ragnarok, OnlyInThisLight, and OnionPrince
NajiMinkin (spectator): 2 - guessed Ragnarok and OnlyInThisLight

So Ragnarok and OnionPrince are tied for the lead!  Once again, here's your tiebreaker.  Please post Saionji's best response to:

If you found out that people on the Internet were writing slash fics about you, how would you react?

After Ragnarok and OnionPrince submit their responses, everyone else will have 24 hours to PM me their votes on which answer is better.  In case of a further tie, the one who posts their answer first is the winner.

Till then!  Good luck!

#120 | Back to Top05-22-2008 12:23:46 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Saionji's best response to:

If you found out that people on the Internet were writing slash fics about you, how would you react?

Hmph, I do have my own set of admirers, you know. I'm not surprised that there are stories of my exploits in the Kendo room spread about on their mailing lists. I always have a large crowd watching my competitions, and... what? A 'slash fic' means what?

This interview is over!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#121 | Back to Top05-22-2008 04:24:16 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

"Oh, please. I've wasted more than enough time tossing aside the pedestrian prose my countless shrieking admirers send me daily. Why should I concern myself with the nonsensical ramblings of the sad and lonely masses on the internet? No one cares what people write on the web. They should just be ashamed for presuming to know the contents of my heart.

Besides, I still haven't seen anything tasteful written about Himemiya and I."

#122 | Back to Top05-22-2008 10:31:50 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

We have our entries!  Saionji's best response to: "If you found out that people on the Internet were writing slash fics about you, how would you react?"

Ragnarok wrote:

Hmph, I do have my own set of admirers, you know. I'm not surprised that there are stories of my exploits in the Kendo room spread about on their mailing lists. I always have a large crowd watching my competitions, and... what? A 'slash fic' means what?

This interview is over!

OnionPrince wrote:

"Oh, please. I've wasted more than enough time tossing aside the pedestrian prose my countless shrieking admirers send me daily. Why should I concern myself with the nonsensical ramblings of the sad and lonely masses on the internet? No one cares what people write on the web. They should just be ashamed for presuming to know the contents of my heart.

Besides, I still haven't seen anything tasteful written about Himemiya and I."

Please send me your votes as to whose answer is better!  In 24 hours I'll announce the winner!

#123 | Back to Top05-24-2008 11:23:21 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Sorry it took me so long to close this up.  This round's winner is OnionPrince, by a vote of 2-1!  Congratulations to our winner!

Honorable mention this round goes to Kaelyndra, whose answers as Utena made me chortle happily.  You nailed it!

#124 | Back to Top05-24-2008 12:12:42 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

Congrats OnionPrince!

And thanks so much for the honorable mention, satyr! I can't wait until the next round. It was a whole lot of fun! emot-dance

#125 | Back to Top05-25-2008 04:53:39 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

A winner is me? Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the next round. emot-smile

Board footer