This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-24-2012 06:41:03 PM

Seen
Mikage Mistruster

An Utena HD Screening event is planned for December: NEEDS TRANSLATION

Something about screening a few of the episodes in HD, with Q&As and some Penguindrum related things, too.

If anyone here could properly translate it, that would be awesome.

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/utena/1208.html

Last edited by Seen (11-26-2012 08:58:06 AM)

#2 | Back to Top11-26-2012 06:30:30 AM

MikoGalatea
Rose Bride
Website

Re: An Utena HD Screening event is planned for December: NEEDS TRANSLATION

The link you provided seems to be broken, since it only takes me to Google Translate itself when I click it. Is this the page you're talking about, though?

I can only read a tiny amount of Japanese myself, but from what I can glean, the event is an all-night thing on December 8th (doors open at 10:30pm Japan time, actual thing starts at 11:00pm and ends at 05:30 the next morning) and it looks like there'll be some sort of tribute to Tomoko Kawakami as well.

#3 | Back to Top12-02-2012 03:14:13 PM

Seen
Mikage Mistruster

MikoGalatea wrote:

The link you provided seems to be broken, since it only takes me to Google Translate itself when I click it. Is this the page you're talking about, though?

Oh, crap. Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry about that.

MikoGalatea wrote:

I can only read a tiny amount of Japanese myself, but from what I can glean, the event is an all-night thing on December 8th (doors open at 10:30pm Japan time, actual thing starts at 11:00pm and ends at 05:30 the next morning)

An entire night watching Utena with Ikuhara? YES

MikoGalatea wrote:

and it looks like there'll be some sort of tribute to Tomoko Kawakami as well.

This, I'm the most interested in. I need to find a way to get more info for this. (I still can't believe she's gone. WHY DO THE BEST TALENTS ALWAYS DIE YOUNG?)

UPDATE (From someone on tumblr) :

Today the tickets for the event of the Revolutionary girl Utena were released and all of them were sold out within 2 minutes.

Those were prepared over 250.

But I think those were too scarce.

Many fans couldn’t buy it and they were disappointed.

In my case I went to the box office at am 4:30 early morning to wait for 5 hours and luckily I got it.

The event will be held at the movie theater named Theater-Shinjuku in Tokyo at 8 Dec.

11 TV series episodes (Tomoko Kawakami selection)selected by Ikuhara will be screened.

Hopefully this person can describe what it will be like. It's REALLY nice to see this show is still decently popular in Japan.

#4 | Back to Top12-03-2012 07:57:40 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wow. That's amazing. I bet the whole event will be a ridiculous circus. I hope this person sneaks in a camera, I bet Ikuhara will be dressed like a penguin.

Is this kind of thing commonly done in Japan? Somehow I'm guessing not...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer