This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-07-2007 09:24:23 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

Favorite Couple

Not an average "omg who do you like" thing.. well, not basicaly..
anywho, list your favorite couples under the following catagories

Straight couple (boy/girl)
Gay couple (boy/boy)
Lesbian couple (girl/girl)
incest couple (brother/sister)

And, just because,
Number one couple (your favorite!)

For me,

Straight: Juri/Miki
Gay: Mikage/Mamiya (even though Mamiya is actually Anthy.....)
Lesbian: Juri/Shiori
Incest: Miki/Kozue..  yay twincest ;O  Anthy/Akio I don't mind, but.. um..

I hate Akio with a passion (sorry people who like Akio alot T.T I'm horrible!)

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#2 | Back to Top01-07-2007 09:44:55 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: Favorite Couple

Straight couple- Utena/Akio
Gay couple-Akio/Touga
Lesbian couple Utena/Anthy
incest couple Akio/Anthy

i dont think i have to explain any of it excapt...MAN Akio gets around!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#3 | Back to Top01-07-2007 09:50:53 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Straight: Juri/Miki.

I just can't help it. I love the dynamic and level of understanding those two have, and though I'd be the first to admit that there isn't any sexual chemistry in the series canon, I really love to see those two paired up in fanfiction or fanart. Hell, even series art. Of course, Miki/Nanami is a close follow-up.

Gay: Akio/Mikage

...Yeah, it's the crackiest crack that ever sprung from the cracked soil of Planet Crack. I love power play and head-fucking, and those two would just have such tense dialogue followed by manipulated, dominative sex. LEAVE ME WITH MY FANTASIES.

Lesbian: Juri/Shiori.

Complex, guilty, dirty, and full of adolescent turmoil. Need I say more?

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#4 | Back to Top01-07-2007 10:20:12 PM

Syna
Rose Bride
Website

Straight: Juri/Miki. I've expressed my love of them before, and a lot of it just boils down to I love the dynamic of their friendship and I think that could carry over well into a romantic setting. I don't think they have any in-series potential, of course, but their friendship really stands out as one of the healthier ones in the series. I also rather think Miki embodies a lot of what Juri thinks Shiori is. What really sold it to me, as I've said before, is Juri's "the conversation isn't very spicy" line in the movie - Miki's reaction to that was so cute/hilarious/sexy. emot-smile

Gay: Hmm, this is less clear-cut. I was laughing in delight (the best way possible) over the shameless wonder that is the Akio/Touga/Saionji photo shoot. Mamiya and Mikage also have some very subtle moments of intrigue.

Lesbian: Utena/Anthy. I love that all the dark, horrible, nasty things that happen in their relationship just give way to an amazing friendship - my favorite couples are always friendship-based, I find. I love that the image of them together in a way fulfills a fairytale ideal while being subversive to the extreme. Hell, I just love the idea of them riding off into the sunset on a gay white horse. ^.^ They really complement each other in so many beautiful ways.

#5 | Back to Top01-07-2007 10:29:20 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

You know, I've never actually thought about this for SKU... (shock! horror!)

...Until now.

The only ones I can make a definitive choice on are:

Straight couple:
Anthy/ChuChu - I kid! I kid! emot-tongue

Nanami/Tsuwabuki - Come on, it's cute!  Even if Tsuwabuki is only being used by Nanami. And in grade school. school-devil
Juri/Miki - As has already been mentioned, they've probably got the most intellectually mature relationship in the series.

Lesbian couple: Juri/Shiori - Oh the torment!

Number one couple (your favorite!)
If we're allowing 'wishful thinking/subtext' (a la Ami/Makoto in Sailor Moon) then it's:
Utena/Wakaba - I said it in a thread here quite a while ago, but I see a dynamic here that in ways mirrors Sakura and Tomoyo's in Card Captor Sakura.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (01-07-2007 10:30:10 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#6 | Back to Top01-08-2007 12:08:19 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

My favorite straight couple has got to be Ruka/Juri, not because I ever think it could happen but because I really feel for Ruka and I think that if Juri had it in her to love him the way he loved her he'd have been very good for her.

Gay couple? Touga/Saionji. Just so much angst. And drama. And hotness. etc-wankdude

My favorite lesbian couple is the ever-popular Juri/Shiori, but I like the idea of Juri/Utena as well. It's cute how alike they are while still being different.

None of the incest couples really stand out to me from a plot perspective so I'd have to go with Akio/Anthy just because there's so much hotness there.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#7 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:21:07 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Straight - Juri + Ruka - I like Juri's personality, so I'd like to give her a better relationship in the series. I even tried to write a fanfic for her, but I have never finished it. Writer's block, perhaps.

Gay - Miki + Mikage - Though I've never ever considered about this until this thread, yet I am imagining the looks of Miki when Mikage touches him... school-devil

Lesbian - Utena + Anthy - They are my ever favourite. I love the last scene in the movie--they kissed each other naked.

Incest - Miki + Kozue - I find it quite interesting to love your mirror image. Don't you think those two look VERY alike?

Favourite - Chuchu + the Frog(?) or Utena + Anthy if the first one is not accepted. Chuchu is quite stable with the frog, so I'd like to name them. And Utena is my ALL TIME favourite anime character, so I would accept anyone she chooses.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#8 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:55:44 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Some of my FAV pairings

Beastiality = Chu-Chu + 'Onion Prince' (Just because I'm a bit of a twisted monkey myself)

More Beastiality = Anthy + Any/All of her Pets (Cos you know that deep down, Anthy is a Greenpeace joining, animal loving, wicca-hippy chick) emot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongue

Straight = Akio + Kozue (if any couple is going to engage in furniture-wrecking hardcore angry sex, it would be these two)

Straightish = Juri + Miki (They would make a pretty cute couple and Miki could dress up as a girl to help scratch Juri's lesbian itch)

Orgy = Nanami's Henchgirls + Nanami's Admirers (Just because I haven't seen it thats why)

Paranormal = Movie-Touga + Dios (Spooky Yaoi? now thats something you don't see everyday)

Lesbian = Juri + Nanami (There seems to be an indication or two that she views Juri as a kind of Big Sister and as we all know how she views her Big Brother...)

Ideal = Movie-Akio + Many Stabby Objects (I'm sure we all love to see that now... don't we?) school-chefschool-chefschool-chefschool-chefschool-chefschool-chef

Last edited by Tamago (01-08-2007 07:00:04 AM)

#9 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:57:13 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ivy-chan wrote:

Gay: Akio/Mikage

...Yeah, it's the crackiest crack that ever sprung from the cracked soil of Planet Crack. I love power play and head-fucking, and those two would just have such tense dialogue followed by manipulated, dominative sex. LEAVE ME WITH MY FANTASIES.

Oooooooooh. I like. Is shiny. Is also possibly really, really kinky, given those two characters suck at registering taboos.

I was going to analyze this at great length but I think I'ma just slink off into the corner for a while and contemplate it... etc-wankgirl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#10 | Back to Top01-08-2007 12:39:40 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I think it's time for some Mikage/Akio fanart....

Straight couple:  Akio and Kozue
Partially because I want to see what their combined potencial is
Gay couple:  Touga and Akio
Lesbian couple:  Anthy/Utena
So cuuuute!  And so complicated
incest couple:  Akio/Anhty
Their relationship is so strange and twisted. 

Favorite relationship:  Of all time?  L and Light from Death Note, even if they do want to kill eachother.....
SKU relationship:  Anthy and Utena

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#11 | Back to Top01-08-2007 12:45:40 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Okay Akio and Kozue need some god damn fanfics. Why have I never seen an Akio/Kozue fanfic if they'd be such a sexual blitzkrieg?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#12 | Back to Top01-08-2007 01:05:50 PM

Syna
Rose Bride
Website

If you're like me, you just... don't know what they'll produce. It seems too epic. I mean, Kozue/Touga could have provided an indication but they were too busy messing with Miki to really do anything fun, and... Kozue/Akio are masters. The possibilities are endless, you just know mindfucking will be involved.

I personally kind of want to see Shiori/Kozue or Shiori/Akio. Just to see how badly the first would BREAK.

#13 | Back to Top01-08-2007 01:23:34 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Straight: Akio+Kanae. Kanae is a wonderful princess, she has the purity that Anthy does not. She deserves a prince, even if it must be him.

Gay: Touga+Saionji. Do I really need to explain that? MINDFUCK, HELLO!

Lesbian: Shiori+Juri. That's kind of a given for me. Shiori? Favorite character. Juri? Another great character. Although I must admit, I find Kozue+Shiori much sexier.

Incest: Kozue+Miki. Hoorah for twincest! I also might be the only, or at least one of the few, who believes that Akio and Anthy really did love each other. But the twincest is just too good.

Last edited by dollface (11-18-2008 09:43:59 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#14 | Back to Top01-08-2007 02:35:45 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

straight :: Kanae/Miki
At first I had no idea what to put here (Should I worry for prefering twisted relationships over the 'normal' ones? :), but then it hit me, hard. Kanae seems like one of the more 'normal' characters of SKU (haha, that's probably because she barely gets any screen time) and so deserving of a relationship that's =/= manipulations, deception and negative body language coming from her partner. And even though Miki has his demons (as all the SKU cast), you can asume that he's gonna treat her nice. Come on! It's Miki! :D

not so straight :: Juri/Shiori
Yes, well... Two favorite characters. What did you expect? ;) Oh the possibilities of angst and drama! I actually wrote a fanfiction about them once, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I hope it didn't dissapear into oblivion, since it's one of the rare decent things I've written. Plus, somewhere at the back of my mind I'm hoping they'll get over their shit and just have lots of sex without babies.

not straight at all :: Akio/Touga
It's a classic. Plus, it's canon. :D I would have put Mikage/Mamiya, but I realised that I forgot most of the plot that's connected to them (rewatch needed).

straight in that wrong way :: Miki/Kozue
I'm sorry. It's a guilty pleasure. X3 There's something about their exchanges that just makes me go hmm and think about it for a while. There's no doubt that the relationship between Akio & Anthy is complex, but it's obvious they dislike eachother, with Anthy being passive agressive and Akio... Being Akio. While with the twins (at least with me) it's a little more hazy.

#15 | Back to Top01-08-2007 03:43:27 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Straight/Incest: Miki/Kozue
Generally, I'm not very fond of twincest. It tends to leave people with the idea that twins really do have sex with each other. I've met a few people that have directly asked me if I've ever slept with my sister. If you have a sibling, try imagining if people kept asking if you've slept with him or her. emot-gonk

However, I can't help but find their relationship to be more interesting than any other. In some ways, I can even relate to what they go through.

Gay: Touga/Saionji
... For no real reason.

Lesbian: Kozue/Shiori
I like this pairing for the same reason why everyone loves Juri/Miki. They have a lot in common, and there is a mysterious connection between the two of them that I love. The only downside is that a lot of what I see of this pairing is that it's used as a way to get Juri and Miki together.

#16 | Back to Top01-08-2007 04:29:04 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Hm. Kozue and Akio, practically canon with NO fanfiction about the whatsoever? Not even their roll in the Akio car? NO INDEED THIS CAN NOT BE. emot-gonk

I must agree with Syna, though, their sexual liason would be totally epic. They could write tomes on the subject.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#17 | Back to Top01-08-2007 04:37:24 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

No Kozue and Akio fiction?   We must fix this problem!  Everyone!  To their respective keyboards!  Or something like that. 

I'm at least going to try, even though I haven't written fanfiction in such a long time....

Ogh, who do you think would start off being dominate?

Last edited by Iris (01-08-2007 04:42:21 PM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#18 | Back to Top01-08-2007 04:51:34 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Iris wrote:

Ogh, who do you think would start off being dominate?

I think they'd be too busy fucking to sort out trivialities like that. emot-redface

#19 | Back to Top01-08-2007 04:57:38 PM

Syna
Rose Bride
Website

Yeah, that would really be entirely beside the point in my estimation. They're beyond silly, distracting concepts like "dominance" unless it was part of a mind-game that lead to better sex. Like I said - epic. emot-biggrin

#20 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:08:25 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Straight couple - JurixMiki or KanaexDios - JurixMiki is obviously wicked cute, and they already have a fairly good relationship established in the series. As for KanaexDios... well, Dios is a prince, and Kanae is a princess, so it'd work well emot-smile Also, Kanae definitely deserves it, poor girl.

Gay couple - SaionjixTouga - I'm a sucker for childhood friends falling in love crap, what can I say? And I think it's unfair how it almost never works out in any literary form. No one ever loves the best friend!

Lesbian couple - JurixShiori - Well... what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Incest couple - KozuexMiki or NanamixTouga - it's really a tie, what can I say? Although, I only like NanamixTouga when Touga is actually being the good older brother, not when he was being an asshole leading up to Nanami's final duel. Which is a bit of a weird way of putting it, "good older brother" emot-rolleyes

Number one couple - This is really hard... I might have to go with movie-Tougaxmovie-Utena. That elevator scene always kills me. Although, I like the couples I've listed all pretty much the same.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#21 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:38:57 PM

puella_nerdii
Miki Molester

Straight: Hmm. People have been mentioning Akio/Kozue. Akio/Kozue intrigues me. And would be hawt.
...I so do not need more plotbunnies. Dammit.

Gay: Touga/Saionji. It's got so many different fun dynamics to play with -- you can write it as fucked-up, as a wary relationship between people approaching equals, as childhood romance coming true...I kind of like the first two approaches best, but that's just me.

Lesbian: Utena/Anthy. Aww.

Incest: Akio/Anthy. It's a classic. And it's totally wrong. Totally, totally wrong. So wrong it's right.

#22 | Back to Top01-08-2007 06:42:44 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

puella_nerdii wrote:

Gay: Touga/Saionji. It's got so many different fun dynamics to play with -- you can write it as fucked-up, as a wary relationship between people approaching equals, as childhood romance coming true...I kind of like the first two approaches best, but that's just me.

Aww, I'm a wimp - I like it from the childhood friends angle emot-biggrin

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#23 | Back to Top01-09-2007 05:50:10 PM

Xu Yuan
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Straight: I am deeply surprised no one has said Mikage/Utena they would make such a sweet couple in my opinon, in the few moment's you see of them together before mikage sees Tokiko, he looks at her very lovingly, and if it werent' for displaying the duelists on the wall, I'm sure Mikage would have been able to get something out of the relationship as well. Instead though he puts the Black Rose Duelists in plain sight for the world to see.

Gay: Akio and Touga I suppose...

Lesbian: Aiko and Yuuko, no particular reason they just alwasy seemed very close.

Incest: Miki and Kozue,

#24 | Back to Top01-09-2007 06:56:53 PM

alexielnet
Unfulfilled Juror
Website

Straight -- Juri/Miki I guess I just like friendship to romance pairings. They are similar in that they are both talented people who have been hurt by other people's manipulation, but they are different enough to be interesting.

Lesbian -- Juri/Utena Again, they are quite similar but I like to think that they could work on their flaws together.

I don't have a gay or incest couple.

#25 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:47:18 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Akio x Kozue

I'm curious, though. How would that work? If someone's a manupulator, they need someone to manipulate, right? But considering both Kozue and especially Akio are manipulators, I assume they wouldn't fall for the tricks they, themselves, use. So how could you write something about them that won't end up, well, uneventfull? (Unless the whole purpouse was to turn it into one big lemon.)

Akio: "Hihihi... I have a new plan."
Kozue: "Oh, want me to proof-read it?"

Akio: "Fuck that. Lets go fuck."

Board footer