This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#401 | Back to Top08-07-2010 02:00:04 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Rosecon '10: New Orleans Option Discussion and Infotainment

Frau, mark Yasha and I down for the burlesque show. emot-dance I checked the website and their listed jazz musicians are 5-8...will anyone be playing at 11?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#402 | Back to Top08-08-2010 09:43:32 AM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Giovanna wrote:

Frau, mark Yasha and I down for the burlesque show. emot-dance I checked the website and their listed jazz musicians are 5-8...will anyone be playing at 11?

Hmmmm....good question. I will ask when I make reservations. If not, we can push back our arrival time...although I was hoping to get some mellow jazz listening in and kill two birds with one stone. And it seems kind of weird to leave at 8:00 PM and come back at midnight--although it's not like we wouldn't find stuff to do nearby, probably get nice and trashed on cheaper drinks.

For those interested in sexytiems and are too young for this show but still want to see stripping, I would recommend(yes, I know, sketchiest name in the world) Larry Flynt's Barely Legal. It's a very nice club that I went to with my siblings(don't ask). And there are some that are....far sketchier and scarier. Far, far, far sketchier.

Hat Mafia Member

#403 | Back to Top08-08-2010 11:45:41 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

If anyone has an AV Cable for a Sega Saturn (or can obtain one prior to arriving in NO), I can bring down a Sega Saturn with the Utena game (courtesy of Apricot Rose etc-loveetc-loveetc-love) for the time blocked out for Utena in the meetup.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#404 | Back to Top08-08-2010 03:37:09 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

...as a matter of fact... I could probably borrow one from shiva_indis. cool

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#405 | Back to Top08-08-2010 04:09:13 PM

Ashnod
Website

PLZ LET ME KNO IF U CAN KKTHNXBAI!

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

#406 | Back to Top08-09-2010 05:42:31 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

This is stupid late, but if anyone needs a room and would like to split things, you're welcome in my room. Our non-IRG person backed out, and I always had room for four anyway since I paid the four-person rate just to be sure. So right now it's just me and sleepdebt. Such is booking a non-negotiable hotel rate so far in advance. emot-rolleyes

Anyway, here's a list of necessities I'm putting up, both as a reminder to everyone and myself(I'm getting everything done tomorrow to leave early Wednesday now).

Cash, especially singles(for tips of various kinds, trolly fare, whatev)
Sunscreen
An extra set of car keys(for the valet, for those bringing their cars)
Comfy shoes
At least one set of fancy clothes and shoes
Hat?
Camera, video or regular

Any other suggestions? Also, if you guys actually end up getting the Utena saturn game up, I will love you foreverz.

Last edited by Frau Eva (08-09-2010 07:29:39 PM)

Hat Mafia Member

#407 | Back to Top08-09-2010 07:05:16 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I love your New Title! Thanks for doing a lot of the Organizing this trip.  Frau Eva. I have a confirmed count of four for the 11:00 PM-- Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse. Burlesque Show.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#408 | Back to Top08-09-2010 07:29:17 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW MY NEW TITLE I GODDAMN LOVE IT.

Sweet! I'll add that to the RSVP tally. The only reason I wanted to RSVP so early is because I wasn't sure if I was going to bring my laptop with me, and the RSVP is through e-mail. I will probably e-mail them tomorrow, since I'll be leaving Wednesday. I may be able to add people after the fact, but again, that'll depend on whether lappy is coming with.

Anyone can agree to come to Cafe du Monde up till we're leaving, but I just wanted to know enough people were going to put it for a definite time in the schedule. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member

#409 | Back to Top08-09-2010 10:23:54 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Thanks also, is our restaurant night dressy/are non-jeans required?

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#410 | Back to Top08-09-2010 11:47:04 PM

Ashnod
Website

I HAS A WORKING SATURN CABLE!!!

HOWS ABOUT SOME UTENA GAMEAGE AT ROSE CON. RAWR emot-dance

#411 | Back to Top08-10-2010 08:32:46 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Agreed on splitting rooms! But I'm pretty sure everyone already has a room.. ): Damn, I was hoping on room-stuffing.

So excited, squee! I... need to find something to bake or bring... but actually, I'm gathering up cute little tackey Utena-themed pressies for everyone. ;) Do we know how many people are coming? 17, plus guests?

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (08-10-2010 08:33:16 AM)

#412 | Back to Top08-10-2010 12:08:06 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Alright, I booked reservations for the Burlesque show, ten people. There's no a cover charge, but a one drink minimum--which is why only people over twenty-one are allowed, it seems. I asked if it was a big deal if one or two people come last minute--just to be sure--and they've said that seating is limited and on a first come, first served basis. So that's a dicey proposition, although technically possible.

You're going to need to wear nice clothes for Cochon. I don't know if its technically possible to wear jeans(doubt they'll turn you away; even places that require a jacket for men usually provide one if you came without), but I don't want you to feel out of place. Trust me, I've done it accidentally, and it's not a pleasant feeling; New Orleans blue bloods can stare a hole through the wall. You don't need to dress super-nice with a dress and stuff. Just business casual should be fine.

Oh yeah, I need to go shopping for stuff to bring! I was thinking I should bring plastic plates, forks, cups, etc. And probably some alcohol or a chaser.

Hat Mafia Member

#413 | Back to Top08-10-2010 03:12:13 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Hello from NOLA! I can see the Mississippi out the window to my left, and Bourbon Street is crazy hilarious. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love Can't wait to see you guys, mind you. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#414 | Back to Top08-10-2010 04:16:20 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Gio, Yasha, and I are here too!  They are in room 317; I, 220.  I can't see the Mississippi River out my window, but I can see a very handsome roof nook with a bunch of air conditioning units on it.  emot-keke  Priorities seem to be shower, nap?, dinner!  (Yasha hasn't slept in two days and just had a 15-ish-hour road trip.)

#415 | Back to Top08-10-2010 08:57:55 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

emot-dance  I'm jealous, satyr! New Orleans has been the only thing on my mind! I bought new outfits and everything. I can't wait to see y'all.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#416 | Back to Top08-11-2010 12:39:27 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Ah, this is so exciting! It feels so real now, knowing that you fine people have already arrived safely-- not that it was ever fake, mind you, but, you know, it's less of a dream and more of a reality now. Glad you're all in one piece. emot-smile

I've just finished packing myself. Everyone around me is getting so sick of receiving texts saying "Can you take this on an airplane? Can you take that on an airplane?" Haha, I'm genuinely concerned!

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#417 | Back to Top08-11-2010 12:44:52 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Yo, StormHomie, when do you and yo crew want to visit me after Rosecon?  Since I can totes pm you the address to my new 'partment.  Time of arrival, how long you wanna stay, any foodstuff anyone is allergic to.  This is all information relevant to my interests.

Unless you have no computer right now and I'm just talking to nobody.  ROSECONNERS WITH INTERNET, PASS ON THIS MESSAGE TO THAT GUY WHO ISN'T NAMED JASON.

Please.  emot-smile

And thank you.  You con-going whores.  emot-mad

etc-love

#418 | Back to Top08-11-2010 01:20:08 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

I was wondering why the forum was so dead and I realized it's because most of you are in NO, connin' it up.  emot-biggrin

Have fun, and be safe!  etc-loveetc-love

#419 | Back to Top08-13-2010 08:41:52 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

winksniper wrote:

I was wondering why the forum was so dead and I realized it's because most of you are in NO, connin' it up.  emot-biggrin

Have fun, and be safe!  etc-loveetc-love

This reply is a couple days late, but believe me, we are having fun emot-biggrin  I'll be writing up a con report when I get back, and I think a couple others may be planning the same!  Till then, keep on revolutionizin'!

#420 | Back to Top08-13-2010 11:18:01 AM

jmie5
Precious One

I am posting on this forum to say that I have lost Sexing (don't worry, she will be found,) and it is raining balls.  Also, I walked in the complete opposite direction of where I was supposed to to find/meet people for breakfast this morning. >>  But STILL, the con is awesome.   Now, I shall watch the rain from my window and see if the Utena movie makes any more sense with a drink in hand. etc-love  This place was a very, very good idea I say.

#421 | Back to Top08-13-2010 11:56:52 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I'll be at the hotel at two, guys!

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#422 | Back to Top08-16-2010 09:07:49 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I am back in New Zealand. emot-frown I am somewhat amused, however, that the only place my luggage went walkies? Was in New Zealand. It's in Auckland, I think, and I'm in Invercargill -- roughly different ends of the entire damn country. It'll be funnier when I actually get my damn bag, but yeah. Miss y'all so much already. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love I'm also sorry about the way I said goodbye -- it ended up more rushed than I would have liked because of the crazy shuttle lady (who was actually lovely!), and I'm not by nature a huggy sort of person. But still. Miss y'all LIKE BURNING. (I need a poison ring bump right now, too. My ring just isn't as awesome without the bump. emot-rofl)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#423 | Back to Top08-17-2010 08:38:31 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I am confessing my love for your accent and I hope that your find your luggage soon.

#424 | Back to Top08-21-2010 11:28:40 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Unsticking and closing this topic now that it's over. Goodbye RoseCon New Orleans, we loved every minute. etc-love

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer