This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-26-2007 07:11:31 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: How Was Your Day?

Tamago wrote:

Akio's English dub

There is no English dub of series Akio.

Tamago wrote:

Edit: What the hell is up with calling her Utena Ten Jew???

[South Park] Don't be absurd, everyone knows Jews can't play basketball. emot-rolleyes

Oh yea, and my day. I'm working. On Saturday though I saw The Barber of Seville. It was great. etc-love I've been humming it all weekend. Super bonus points: I've never seen the Bugs Bunny ripoff.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#27 | Back to Top03-26-2007 07:59:25 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

Epi, I'm glad you yelled at the woman who was being awful to that girl - it isn't right for people to say horrible things like that. I'm sorry your weekend was crappy emot-frown

allegoriest wrote:

*gives epi hugs*

I told her "Get a blow job and make yourself a favor" (kinda: hazte una paja y haznos un favor a todos")

#28 | Back to Top03-26-2007 09:58:54 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Super bonus points: I've never seen the Bugs Bunny ripoff.

emot-gonk As a huge Chuck Jones fan, to see Rabbit of Seville referred to as a ripoff is saddening... I am sure that he made those opera cartoons, including What's Opera Doc (kill the wabbit!), as an homage to the opera greats, not mocking them.  Mocking them with love, if you prefer.

Jones was a brilliant animator, and I've yet to see another american animation director that can do the things that he could do with cartoons...

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (03-26-2007 10:02:55 AM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#29 | Back to Top03-26-2007 04:34:05 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

Let's see, I read the story of Eros and Psyche again (I etc-love LOVE etc-love that story, hehe), and then I read a whole bunch of variations of it, and then I read some 12-page synopsis of The Hunchback of Notre Dame...

...oh! And Yoshiki added me on his Myspace emot-dance emot-dance ~happy moment~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

#30 | Back to Top03-26-2007 05:06:12 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

ahhh, one of my incompetent writers found exemplified another usage of the word "idiotic."

It's no good.

I went to Physics, that was good.
I ate.
So I mean my batting average is pretty consistent.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#31 | Back to Top03-26-2007 06:35:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

satyreyes wrote:

I saw moths having sex!

I've seen dragonflies having sex. Quite a few of them, actually. (I caught about 50 of them in one day, and a grasshopper.)

Tamago wrote:

Edit: What the hell is up with calling her Utena Ten Jew???

I'm more concerned with, "Kiiyouichi Seiyanji." And Akio sounds like he kicks puppies.

In my economics class, we're starting career week. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I want to do with my life. None whatsoever. A test that I took said that I would be best in working in, "The Arts," field, but I have no artistic talent. I want to go to college, but I don't know what my major will be. I still have to choose who I want to job-shadow, too.

My English class is rather chaotic, but in a good way. Today our teacher was giving us notes on short stories, and my class kept asking what the climax to Disney movies would be. Apparently one boy chose the Poke'mon themesong for Brutus' theme, and so they were singing that during class. On a game day that we had to study for a test the other day, they chose names like "Team Washcloth," and my teammates decided to call us, "The Screamin' Weasels." My teacher wouldn't give another team a game point because they spelt, "straight," as, "strate."

Well, at least it's better than my sister's class. Apparently they don't say anything at all. At least my class is funny.

#32 | Back to Top03-26-2007 08:04:37 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Razara, you're in tenth grade, correct? I recall my tenth grade English class as being similarly chaotic emot-keke We forced a talk show version of Lord of the Flies in which everyone played a character, and which quickly disintegrated into everyone fighting over Simon - it was quite amusing.

My day was alright, although I forgot to do a ton of things I should've. And then one of my friends said they didn't trust me, which made me sad emot-frown And then my two teacups fell off my shelf and shattered, which also made me sad.

It was an alright day in total, though.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#33 | Back to Top03-26-2007 08:23:51 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Aw, I'm sorry about your friend. And I'm really sorry about your teacups. That would have ruined my day.

Um, I had to stand outside for three hours for the stupid JROTC rehersal thing. Not even the real inspection, just the rehersal. And the school, being the assholes they are, called my mom today and told her I skipped second block. How fucking stupid are you? I WAS DOING YOUR STUPID JROTC THING THAT YOU FORCED ME INTO. Fuck you OHS. And you wonder why I don't come to your football games.

But I ordered Chinese when I got home, so it balances out to an okay day.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#34 | Back to Top03-27-2007 01:56:14 PM

A Day Without Me

Man, I'm sorry you don't enjoy JROTC at all emot-frown I'm thinking maybe you would like it more if you had gone to my high school, or at least one in my part of the country - I'm getting the feeling I wouldn't've enjoyed it had I been in a less liberal part of the country.

#35 | Back to Top03-27-2007 02:03:56 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I would like it if I hadn't been forced into it, and I could always argue wth myself when I was mad.
"God I hate JROTC! Well, you did choose it..."
Ya know? I just don't like being told what to do after being put in something against my will. I appreciate all our soldiers do, but seriously, I'm not one. What did you really expect from the girl with the false eyelashes and platform boots? C'mon people. Use your fucking head once in a while.

And the most interesting thing to happen to me today is already in the gripes thread. I'll say it again though, shorter version: I cut my hand three times trying to open a bottle at lunch, and once it was finally open, there was a chunk of my flesh hanging off it. I obviously couldn't bring myself to drink it after that. So this has been a pretty bad day, simply because nothing good has happened to balance that out.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#36 | Back to Top03-27-2007 06:00:53 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

>.>

I visited my friend at her school, and we ran into this guy that she has a major crush on, and now I can see why. He was really tall, had long (like, mid-back length long) reddish hair, a leather rider's jacket, black pants and black cowboy boots. o.o Sure does stand out. First thing he says: "Woah, who's this cutie you brought with you?" and put his arm around my waist all suave-like, and I was all like "Hi, I'm Paulina" and he replied, "Nice to meet you, I'm a Man-whore!" We've just met and he's already hitting on me. xD He gave off a strong Touga-ish vibe... but already he has a girlfriend. Oh well, a girl can dream can't she? emot-frown

#37 | Back to Top03-27-2007 07:39:17 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I may find my class's behavior to be amusing, but apparently my teacher doesn't. She has another sophomore class before us, and today she came in and told us that she made brownies for her Period D class, but she didn't make any for us because of how we had acted the previous day. My classmates were furious, but I thought that it was hilarious.

At the end of class, she told us that she would make us brownies on Thursday. She's actually a very nice teacher.

#38 | Back to Top03-27-2007 07:42:45 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Our japanese students arrived. Mayumi and Kahori. They're very sweet, although there's a definite language barrier -thank god they have a little pocket translator. They get to visit my old high school for the next two days -watching Elisa (my sister) try to figure out what they wanted for lunch tomorrow was pretty funny -although how do you explain bologna to someone that's never had it? emot-keke

Last edited by morosemocha (03-27-2007 08:42:37 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#39 | Back to Top03-27-2007 08:41:08 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

morosemocha wrote:

Our japanese students arrived. Mayumi and Kahori. They're very sweet, although there's a definite language barrier -thank god they have a little pocket translator. They get to visit my old high school for the next two days -watching Elisa (my sister) try to figure out what they wanted for lunch tomorrow was pretty funny -although how [i]do[/] you explain bologna to someone that's never had it? emot-keke

Hey mocha, if you want, I may be able to help some with the language barrier. I'm no expert, but I do know some simple japanese.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#40 | Back to Top03-29-2007 11:27:00 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

Teapot wrote:

>.>

I visited my friend at her school, and we ran into this guy that she has a major crush on, and now I can see why. He was really tall, had long (like, mid-back length long) reddish hair, a leather rider's jacket, black pants and black cowboy boots. o.o Sure does stand out. First thing he says: "Woah, who's this cutie you brought with you?" and put his arm around my waist all suave-like, and I was all like "Hi, I'm Paulina" and he replied, "Nice to meet you, I'm a Man-whore!" We've just met and he's already hitting on me. xD He gave off a strong Touga-ish vibe... but already he has a girlfriend. Oh well, a girl can dream can't she? emot-frown

Follow-up. He thinks I'm hot emot-aaa Score. Normally I'd reject that kind of attention, but he's soooo pretty. Touga incarnate.

#41 | Back to Top03-29-2007 11:33:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Teapot wrote:

Follow-up. He thinks I'm hot emot-aaa Score. Normally I'd reject that kind of attention, but he's soooo pretty. Touga incarnate.

Hot. You need to take pictures.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#42 | Back to Top03-29-2007 11:36:27 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

...yeah I'm inclined to agree.

In my news, I went to San Francisco today. I went... shopping.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#43 | Back to Top03-30-2007 08:08:11 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

...yeah I'm inclined to agree.

In my news, I went to San Francisco today. I went... shopping.

I'm definitely positive that at least your day is more productive than my spring break, which is basically in my dorm room with me, myself, and my laptop 24/7.

On my part, this is the first time I skipped a class because the TA isn't here for 15 minutes. EVERYONE left early, actually. I should've slept in, but eh, the feeling of leaving early feels so crisp and refreshing emot-dance

And just got a reply back from my English TA, and my second paper got B+! Granted, it's not as good as my first paper, but at least he said my problem lies in syntax, should be fixable for my next paper.

And, my campus is having a chocolate festival all day. Don't really know if I should go since the ticket is 5 bucks.

EDIT: Okay, so here's what happens.

I just went to the Chocolate festival. Best five bucks spent! The highlight of the day is that I participated in a building competition where we have to make buildings out of crackers, marshmallows, and syrups.
I tried to make Dios' Castle of Eternity, and it looked like something you'd see from Teletubbies emot-gonk
But, I stuck to the goal and made the Castle of Eternity, and since the construction is crummy, I named it "The Shining Castle of Apocalypse".
They're gonna send me the picture of me and the cracker/choclate syrup/m&m castle, so when that time comes, I'll be sure to show it to anyone who's curious.

Last edited by Hiraku (03-30-2007 11:51:51 AM)

#44 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:32:13 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Yesterday I went to see my school's performance of Guys and Dolls. It was pretty good, though not as good as My Fair Lady, which I absolutely loved. It's always nice to watch performances at my school, especially since the theater it's performed in is so awesome, just as long as I'm not the one on stage. My school did an amazing job at acting out the play. (Pinkerton Players... Kashira Players... Ha.)

I really liked that one religious girl. I liked the guy, too, but I still don't get it... When did, "Wtf, a drunk girl is hitting on me in the hotel room," turn into, "I think I'm in love!" emot-confused

#45 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:43:11 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Razara wrote:

Yesterday I went to see my school's performance of Guys and Dolls. It was pretty good, though not as good as My Fair Lady, which I absolutely loved. It's always nice to watch performances at my school, especially since the theater it's performed in is so awesome, just as long as I'm not the one on stage. My school did an amazing job at acting out the play. (Pinkerton Players... Kashira Players... Ha.)

I really liked that one religious girl. I liked the guy, too, but I still don't get it... When did, "Wtf, a drunk girl is hitting on me in the hotel room," turn into, "I think I'm in love!" emot-confused

Feelings can go both ways.

#46 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:55:19 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hiraku wrote:

I just went to the Chocolate festival. Best five bucks spent! The highlight of the day is that I participated in a building competition where we have to make buildings out of crackers, marshmallows, and syrups.
I tried to make Dios' Castle of Eternity, and it looked like something you'd see from Teletubbies emot-gonk
But, I stuck to the goal and made the Castle of Eternity, and since the construction is crummy, I named it "The Shining Castle of Apocalypse".
They're gonna send me the picture of me and the cracker/choclate syrup/m&m castle, so when that time comes, I'll be sure to show it to anyone who's curious.

Post pictures in the forums, please! I love seeing this stuff.

#47 | Back to Top03-30-2007 03:54:00 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Yasha wrote:

Hiraku wrote:

Post pictures in the forums, please! I love seeing this stuff.

If they remember to send it over to me via email

#48 | Back to Top03-31-2007 01:41:02 AM

A Day Without Me

Day was...

Tired. Then stressed. Then relaxed. Then fun! Then bad. And then drunks while bad.

Wow - I meanxt that toe be me desrcirbing the day as such... but then I rememenbrered that my name is A Day Without Me, so it coduld just be me talking in third person...

Craaazzy.

#49 | Back to Top03-31-2007 01:41:50 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Day, how I adore you. etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#50 | Back to Top03-31-2007 07:15:03 AM

Nessy
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

I just woke up today, but yesterday was decent. I've been sick for the past two weeks, so I spent half of it trying really hard to be at school and the other half of it giving up and going home to nap. Then I watched this. A lot.

Now I have to go to the doctors. :/ I don't know how that will go. I thought I might have strep, (it's a major throat thing, mostly, with periods of total sleepyness and fevers,) but one of my friends suggested it might be mono...ugh...I hope it's just a bad cold.

Board footer