This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-02-2007 10:09:21 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Re: I'm embarrassed to admit this, but...

Frosty wrote:

I watched every bit of Fruits Basket, and I loved it!

*quickly raises hand* Me too! Me too! emot-wink

I have a (platonic) crush on Emma Watson emot-redface

#27 | Back to Top11-02-2007 11:32:40 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

let me stare into your soul! don't be embarrassed to admit you like it..
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/Muraki.jpg
(sry..had to get in on all of the Kazutaka action over here. Im glad to see im not the only one obsessed with this man.)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#28 | Back to Top11-02-2007 11:58:59 AM

ArsenicForBreakfast
Pathtracer
Website

OMG Muraki! etc-love

Well, I'm not embarassed by this, but other people are...I have an unheathly obsession my blanket.  I've had it since I was eight, and it's ratty as hell, but I refuse to get rid of it!  It's so comfy and warm, and I'd carry it around Linus-style if I could get away with it.  Oh, and also, I (19) still suck my thumb.  Again, I don't really care, but other people seem to.

I'm a fan of pessimism: if you maintain the lowest expectations possible, they'll always be met or exceeded.

#29 | Back to Top11-02-2007 12:09:29 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

This thread is the reason why I have the theme song to Yami no Matsuei stuck in my head. I don't think that I had a favorite character when I watched it, but I was such a goodie-good back then that I inevitably hated Muraki. emot-frown

ArsenicForBreakfast wrote:

Oh, and also, I (19) still suck my thumb.

I didn't stop sucking my thumb until sometime late in elementary school. One day I just stopped all together without even realizing it. Same thing with nail biting. I still have a habit where I'll rip up the tags on my shirts, though.

Frosty wrote:

I watched every bit of Fruits Basket, and I loved it!

I still love Fruits Basket. etc-love (Which reminds me, I bought the latest volume of the manga and still haven't read it...)

Edit: Now I have to go listen to that song again.

Last edited by Razara (11-02-2007 12:14:51 PM)

#30 | Back to Top11-02-2007 12:42:13 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

Razara wrote:

ArsenicForBreakfast wrote:

Oh, and also, I (19) still suck my thumb.

I didn't stop sucking my thumb until sometime late in elementary school. One day I just stopped all together without even realizing it. Same thing with nail biting. I still have a habit where I'll rip up the tags on my shirts, though.

I sucked my thumb until I was about 10, when my mother finally decided to bribe me.  She made a deal with me that if I could go a week (maybe two weeks?) without sucking my thumb she would buy me a couple video games.  It's such an unconscious thing that one does it without thinking, but the bribe got me to think twice every time my thumb was about to go to my mouth.  After going the amount of time, it was easy to not do it anymore.  I'm always biting on pens and pencils these days though, so I'm sure I've just replaced it with that.  In a weird twist, I've tried putting my thumb in my mouth just to see, and it feels gross now.

#31 | Back to Top11-02-2007 01:10:08 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

It's too bad that my mother never tried bribing me with video games. Or maybe she really did try it at some point, and it just never worked.

#32 | Back to Top05-19-2009 03:02:01 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I...erm...love the band Toybox. emot-redface Shut up, they're so cheesy that it's good! *runs away*

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#33 | Back to Top05-19-2009 09:27:36 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

That's the band that did Russian Lullaby, right? I haven't heard anything else by the group, but I like that song just fine.

Looking them up, I think that's right. And thinking along those lines, I confess: I thought the A*Teens were adorable.

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#34 | Back to Top05-20-2009 07:37:16 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

I LOVE shitty TV. Top 50 Celebrity Breakdowns? Tv's 100 hardest men? Documentaries about kids with multiple limbs? Miami Ink? Yes. etc-love
But I hate normal TV.....good thing I'm usually up at Otaku o'clock. XD

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#35 | Back to Top05-20-2009 08:38:14 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm embarrassed about enjoying fanservice in anime emot-smile  When they mention that in this episode they're going to the hot springs I roll my eyes but salivate a little bit.  It seems like such a stereotypical, chauvinistic thing to enjoy, but there it is.

There are lots of other things I'm embarrassed about, but they feel more like fodder for IFD threads like Secrets or Angst, or for keeping to myself.  emot-redface

#36 | Back to Top05-20-2009 09:01:42 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

satyreyes wrote:

I'm embarrassed about enjoying fanservice in anime emot-smile  When they mention that in this episode they're going to the hot springs I roll my eyes but salivate a little bit.  It seems like such a stereotypical, chauvinistic thing to enjoy, but there it is.

Sorry, did you mention Love Hina?
emot-tongue

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#37 | Back to Top05-20-2009 09:31:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Miss Bluesky wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Sorry, did you mention Love Hina?
emot-tongue

I haven't seen it emot-smile  They all have hot springs episodes, though.  Utena is unusual not to have one.

#38 | Back to Top05-20-2009 09:49:23 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/8365/ymuraki5wp.gif
i collected Yami no Matsuei in its entirety, simply to have more of him.

moving on to less charming things, i sometimes snort when i laugh, and every time someone hears me do it, i pretend it never happened.

&i often completely refuse to reveal my gender to people i talk to online-- not because i'm trying to be aloof or interesting, but because the truth embarrasses me. and it embarrasses me that it embarrasses me. emot-gonk

i don't tell this to a lot of people, but-- i'm such a geek for the movie of Interview with the Vampire that i sat through six hours of it, back to back, four of which were in spanish, a language in which i am not fluent. and when i've got my hands on a video or dvd copy, i'll often rewind that bit between Armand and Louis --you know, the "almost kiss"?-- and try to will with all of my power for their lips to meet.

'kay, done for now.
wait--
no, yeah, done.

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#39 | Back to Top06-01-2009 12:53:37 AM

KillerxXxQueen
Snowdrop Lover

I have dreams about a guy, and he makes me feel like the best girl in the history of ever. He's perfect and gorgeous and amazing...and he doesn't actually exist, but I still obsess about him. Fuck, I've got his fucking name carved into my fucking arm.

"Reason I know is only a drug and, as such, its effects are never permanent."
                                                         --Hope Mirrlees, Lud-in-the-Mist

#40 | Back to Top06-03-2009 11:16:02 AM

Like_Autumn
Network Ninja
Website

Despite knowing how crappy the Disney company is, I still enjoy certain Disney channel shows. If I just want to not think about anything, I put on Zack and Cody or Life With Derek or Hannah Montana. I also liked the first two High School Musical movies. Their songs are so catchy.

Even though I like a lot of darker themed media and art, I have a soft spot for cute things. This could be either shows or characters. For instance, I think Wakaba and Renge from Ouran Host Club are cute, not annoying. And those adorable little brother types (Momiji, Hunny), I just want to hug 'em and never let go. etc-love3 I like kittens too. I'm just like Kasanoda from Ouran.

I also go on 4chan. I guess I should feel embarrassed about that. But I usually stick to either /c/, /cm/, /y/, or /u/. Most of the pics are crap, but there's more decent or good stuff than you'd expect.

Number 1 Shadow Girl Fan

#41 | Back to Top06-03-2009 03:49:08 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I honest-to-goodness started crying in the middle of Drag Me To Hell.

I'll give you a non-spoiler hint: it was the non-human casualty.

#42 | Back to Top06-05-2009 12:27:54 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

I read fanfiction, a lot.

#43 | Back to Top06-05-2009 01:06:26 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Notebook Darling wrote:

So do I but I'm not embarrassed about it. emot-biggrin

#44 | Back to Top06-05-2009 02:23:16 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

I may legit be in love with this girl.I don't even know what's going on with her. It's crazy. She's fucking amazing, though. And I hate that I've fallen for her like this. It's mortifying...

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#45 | Back to Top06-05-2009 01:53:11 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

I collect My Little Ponies....yep....got about 300 of them, mostly the old 80's ones but about 30 of the new ones....really for a grown woman you would think I could find something better to do with my money but they're so cute! emot-tongue

20 threads dead so far.

#46 | Back to Top06-05-2009 02:02:36 PM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

hollow_rose wrote:

I collect My Little Ponies....yep....got about 300 of them, mostly the old 80's ones but about 30 of the new ones....really for a grown woman you would think I could find something better to do with my money but they're so cute! emot-tongue

Ha...That's kinda cute. This chick I know collects butterfly stuff. Anything with butterflies on it.

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#47 | Back to Top06-08-2009 05:22:00 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

PrinceoftheLostEternity wrote:

I may legit be in love with this girl.I don't even know what's going on with her. It's crazy. She's fucking amazing, though. And I hate that I've fallen for her like this. It's mortifying...

I totally know how you feel; I felt the same when I fell in love with my boyfriend, because I was an extremely proud and overly obvious lesbian and all that. I hated that some boy could make me feel that way emotionally and sexually. And I hated that he was the most amazing person ever.

Hopefully you'll eventually give into your feelings though; love is not a bad thing to be in. Best of luck with her!

My own embarrassing secret: I am 20 years old and I still have my baby blanket. Which I sleep with. Pretty much every night. I tell almost no one I know in person about this. Because it's ridiculous. And ruins my whole "I'm an adult now" thing.

Last edited by bella (06-08-2009 05:23:50 PM)

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#48 | Back to Top06-15-2009 03:56:35 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

PrinceoftheLostEternity wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

Ha...That's kinda cute. This chick I know collects butterfly stuff. Anything with butterflies on it.

I think it was because we couldn't have horses or afford riding lessons when I was a kid. I never really got over being horse crazy. And I still can't afford riding lessons or a horse.

20 threads dead so far.

#49 | Back to Top06-15-2009 04:00:15 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Tamago wrote:

Notebook Darling wrote:

So do I but I'm not embarrassed about it. emot-biggrin

Seconded, although I'm the next circle of sad up from this and actually write the tossing things. Also, your avatar made me squee a bit.
GORDON'S AAAAAAAAAALIVE!

Oh, and satyreyes, Love Hina is set in a hotspring.

emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#50 | Back to Top06-15-2009 04:06:52 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Ha ha, shows what I know emot-smile  I did see an anime -- I think it was Niea_7 -- in which the main character's parents owned a hot spring resort, but bizarrely I don't think there were any actual hot spring episodes in the usual sense.

I'm embarrassed to admit this (though it will come as no surprise to people who know me), but I seem to have a problem with being compulsively impatient.  This has come out with all the driving I've done in the last few days.  I never drive the speed limit if I can get away with speeding, and I'm constantly glancing at my GPS to see what my estimated arrival time is and how it's changing as I sit at a stoplight or go eighty down a stretch of interstate.  :/

Board footer