This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-30-2008 11:16:16 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

Re: How do you sleep?

I sleep on my stomach and rustle around a lot during the night.

~ Dreaming of my Fire Flower ~

#27 | Back to Top12-30-2008 07:51:00 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

I'm a dangerous sleeper. I might go to bed laying on my back, pillowed pinned underneath me, but I'll wake up and that pillow is on the other side of the room.

Friends have watched me sleep and they say I kick, so I don't know maybe in my unconscious I'm studying Jeet Kune Do.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#28 | Back to Top01-07-2009 04:51:23 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Carefully on my side, because my cat insists on crawling under the covers with me and snuggling up to me, and I don't want to crush her/suffocate her. It's sooo cute on one hand but so terrifying on the other.

20 threads dead so far.

#29 | Back to Top01-07-2009 05:18:56 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

hollow_rose wrote:

Carefully on my side, because my cat insists on crawling under the covers with me and snuggling up to me, and I don't want to crush her/suffocate her. It's sooo cute on one hand but so terrifying on the other.

Normally cats are pretty good at not getting crushed - it's not like they're inanimate objects. I haven't slept with one, but once I used my grandparents' cat as a reading-pillow without realizing that he's a cat (I didn't look first). He didn't even care for several minutes, and then started purring, scaring the shit out of me.

I typically sleep on my side, but really, I can fall asleep in almost any position.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#30 | Back to Top01-07-2009 05:54:16 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I sleep fetal position. Or sprawled out on my stomach nekkid under a sheet if it's hot with the fan on.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#31 | Back to Top01-07-2009 06:22:25 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Well... I prefer to sleep facing a wall, or whatever side shows the least light. I usually sleep with my arms tucked in near my face. I also usually use two pillows, and sometimes I stick my hands in between the two as I fall asleep. Almost always naked, but lately I've been wearing my bra to bd.

I have a weak bladder, so I get up 2-3 times in the middle of the night to pee, and I have recurring nightmares that bother me once or twice a month. But usually, I sleep fairly well.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#32 | Back to Top01-07-2009 07:01:42 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

If I sleep on my back, I tend to snore, or choke myself, so I try to not do that.

Usually I start out sleeping on my stomach, and then at some point during the night, I turn onto my side and flip the side I'm laying on throughout the night. It's probably a fairly consistent cycle so I don't end up injuring my hip. When the cat comes, or it's cold, I tend to curl up in the fetal position. If she sleeps at my feet instead of my waist, I normally have to turn sideways in the bed. I've fallen off the bed before due to the cat sleeping near my legs and me subconsciously shifting away every time she does.

And, I sleep for a long time. I normally try to get at least ten, if not twelve hours of sleep. If I don't, I get very grumpy and fall asleep in chairs, or in the car.

#33 | Back to Top01-07-2009 10:55:50 PM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I woke up on a floor today. emot-confused

#34 | Back to Top01-08-2009 09:07:05 PM

mercurynin
Flourishing Verderer

On my side, fairly deeply, and I'm told I'm a bit of a blanket hog.  I also like to sleep with two pillows under my head, which is why there are four on my bed.

You know our hearts beat time out very slowly.  You know our hearts beat time -- they are waiting for something that'll never arrive.

#35 | Back to Top01-09-2009 12:50:02 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Lightice wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

Normally cats are pretty good at not getting crushed - it's not like they're inanimate objects. I haven't slept with one, but once I used my grandparents' cat as a reading-pillow without realizing that he's a cat (I didn't look first). He didn't even care for several minutes, and then started purring, scaring the shit out of me.

I typically sleep on my side, but really, I can fall asleep in almost any position.

Its the suffocation that concerns me more! She buries herself under the covers. I would sleep more stretched up but I actually sleep in a fetal position to prevent her from crawling further down the covers.

20 threads dead so far.

#36 | Back to Top01-11-2009 05:45:14 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

today I slept very weirdly.
I woke up in a odd position, I can't even recall it.

emot-frown

#37 | Back to Top01-12-2009 10:26:06 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

generally, i'll stay awake until my eyes burn. once i lay down, i curl up on my side, with both knees slightly bent, and my arms close to my body. sometimes, with one under my head. i don't usually like to use pillows, but i do love to have either bodies or pillows on either side of me.

i get lonely when i sleep. emot-redface

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#38 | Back to Top01-12-2009 11:03:08 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I usually end up sleeping curled up on my side -right or left, doesn't matter- with about ten pillows in a half circle around me, and snuggled up with either Merlin (my manatee) or Holly (my bunny). With a comforter piled over me, a sleep mask, and the Rain cd that Gio burned for me. etc-love

And then I usually wake up on my back, arms flung wide, no blanket, no animals in sight (often they make it under the bed. I have no idea how they accomplish this), and my sleep mask around my neck.

I must toss and turn, but I've never had any complaints. So maybe I toss and turn when I sleep alone? It's a mystery to me.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#39 | Back to Top01-13-2009 10:38:06 AM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I start out in fetal position, most of the time, and then I progress to rolling/flopping around all over the place if I can't fall asleep quickly. I seem to so well sleeping on my tummy, but sleeping on my back really hurts. I absolutely need a stuffed animal or something to hug, and I think I sleep best in my underwear. I always end up stripping in the middle of the night anyway.

Once I woke up with my head inside the bottom part of my night stand. It was incredibly strange.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#40 | Back to Top01-15-2009 09:14:15 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

Bella, that's very strange indeed, how did your head ever manage to get there.

#41 | Back to Top01-15-2009 02:35:33 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

Notebook Darling wrote:

Bella, that's very strange indeed, how did your head ever manage to get there.

You know, I have absolutely no clue! But is was scary, until I figured out where I was.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#42 | Back to Top01-15-2009 02:38:39 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

On my side. I keep a pillow parallel to me on either side, and usually end up hugging them. emot-frown I also rather frequently sleep in my car anymore, on my back with my knees up on the reclined seat. I shouldn't do that but what with the (literally) four hours a night I've been getting (not even consecutive four hours)...

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#43 | Back to Top01-15-2009 02:53:37 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

I.....keep dreaming I have a beard.
Which would be ok.
If I were a bloke.
emot-gonk

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#44 | Back to Top01-16-2009 09:19:10 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

a beard D: ?
eep~!

#45 | Back to Top01-16-2009 11:16:10 AM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Cats make excellent little balls of warmth to curl around when its cold and you're trying to sleep. And its -10 F here. Brrr. This cold snap can end any time.

20 threads dead so far.

#46 | Back to Top01-17-2009 02:40:19 AM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

i have such strange dreams, very linear.

the strangest thing about them though, is that the locations in my dreams rarely vary. and when they do, if i ever dream about being in that particular place again, everything is just as it was.

i could draw up maps of places i've been dreaming about for years.

o_o

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#47 | Back to Top01-17-2009 04:03:54 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Notebook Darling wrote:

eep~!

Yeah, that was kind of my reaction emot-tongue nevermind I've been having 'em for years.
Fun fact: I am such a deep sleeper, I once slept through a small earthquake. In the bottom-floor bedroom. XD
I have still to determine why the hell there was an earthquake in North Yorkshire.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#48 | Back to Top01-24-2009 01:36:33 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

Miss Bluesky wrote:

Notebook Darling wrote:

eep~!

Yeah, that was kind of my reaction emot-tongue nevermind I've been having 'em for years.
Fun fact: I am such a deep sleeper, I once slept through a small earthquake. In the bottom-floor bedroom. XD
I have still to determine why the hell there was an earthquake in North Yorkshire.

I live near a trainrail.
I'm a deep sleeper too emot-biggrin.
Apparently I've also slept through an earthquake.
in the netherlands, wth. XD

#49 | Back to Top01-24-2009 01:46:22 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I don't have a customary way to sleep unless I'm in bed with someone.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#50 | Back to Top01-24-2009 01:52:54 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Yasha wrote:

I don't have a customary way to sleep unless I'm in bed with someone.

I hug my giant pillow, pretending that I'm hugging someone else <_< >_> emot-redface

btw, WB, Yasha!!! I missed you!!! emot-dance

Board footer