This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-16-2010 02:43:41 AM

Shiva Indis
Juri Jeerer

Recent Exploits of Kunihiko Ikuhara

Hello, IRG, it's been a while. emot-biggrin Just popping in to share my glee. Apologies if I misplaced the topic... Anyway, I don't know how widely known this is, but in the past 3 or 4 years Ikuni's gotten back into animation work. The odd storyboard here and there mostly... here's the breakdown.

Diebuster Ep. 2 storyboard

Nodame Cantabile OP storyboard/direction (First series - the other ones suck too much to be his work anyway.)

Soul Eater ep. 29 storyboard ("An apple! An apple! An apple! An apple! An apple! An apple! An apple!" ::shudder:: )

Aoi Hana OP storyboard/direction (All I can say is, if I was making a yuri show I'd want him involved too.)

He's also been working under the pseudonym Kai Uzumaki, apparently. 渦薪かい (uzumaki kai), homophonous with 渦巻き貝 (uzumakikai), meaning whirlpool/spiral shell. Seashells that exhibit spira mirabilis are uzumakikai. (Ammonites too... lol) Seazer fan + storyboarder = Ikuni, right? emot-wink

Aoi Hana eps. 5, 6, 11 storyboard

Nodame Cantabile Paris OVA storyboard

I'm fairly certain this goes into the "things Ikuhara will never give a straight answer about" category.

Last edited by Shiva Indis (08-16-2010 03:20:50 AM)

I am an actor cast eternally,                                    Armless, legless, still existing I am,   
The eternal me and the eternal stranger,                     I am all the mysteries in creation, 
Male/female, positive/negative are the two of me,                 My birth, the absolute birth,
Even light casts shadows, making a pair out of me and me,                I am disconnected,

Board footer