This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-17-2007 07:15:02 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Seeking satirical voice actors!

Edit as of 6/20/08:

There's a post here with what you need to know in order to audition!

Have fun!

If you click my website, it'll take you to my YouTube account with a fandub parody of our beloved Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Now, I'm just one girl with one voice that can only do so much. So for the sake of Akio's ever-so-slowly-approaching debut, it's time to get some reasonably okay sounding actors to take on a few of the roles.

I'm just polling for interest at the moment, but are there any guys (and possibly girls, as there are so many female characters in SKU) here who would be like to work with me on the dub?

I'm going to look on YouTube as well, but I'd really rather do it with someone I already know and like and that's you guys. etc-love

All that's required at the moment is that you're available, comprehensible, and don't dislike the dub.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (06-20-2008 11:14:19 AM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#2 | Back to Top10-17-2007 07:21:46 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Seeking satirical voice actors!

Um... I don't know if my voice would be suitable, but I'll volunteer. What kind of voices are you looking for?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top10-17-2007 07:38:34 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I'm looking for anyone who can pull off humor. Someone who can emphasize (as badly) as a "dubber," but not sound like a 50 year old who's been inhaling helium for ten hours.

Judging by your pictures, I'd say you're of a reasonable age. And judging by that "badfic" you shared with us, I have no doubts in your humor capabilities. emot-biggrin

Last edited by NajiMinkin (10-17-2007 07:39:00 PM)

#4 | Back to Top10-17-2007 07:53:27 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I would absolutely love to help, but I'm not sure that I can. About 70% of the time, m voice likes to be quiet and sweet sounding enough that no one can hear me, and on a very rare occasions, my voice gets very loud. (When I'm at an anime convention, for example.) My normal voice sounds kind of like Juri, I think? emot-gonk

#5 | Back to Top10-17-2007 08:15:17 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

I'm looking for anyone who can pull off humor. Someone who can emphasize (as badly) as a "dubber," but not sound like a 50 year old who's been inhaling helium for ten hours.

Judging by your pictures, I'd say you're of a reasonable age. And judging by that "badfic" you shared with us, I have no doubts in your humor capabilities. emot-biggrin

I do sex better than humour voicewise. At my last job, there was actually a class or two who knew me by reputation as 'that one chick with the phone sex voice'. If there's a spot for that, I'm in. If not, I can try for humour but I'm not sure how it will go. My voice lends itself to phonesex and sarcasm, mostly.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top10-17-2007 08:22:00 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Yasha wrote:

'that one chick with the phone sex voice'

Really? Coolness in 31 flavours of awesomesauce. I KNEW there was something about you people! emot-tongue

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#7 | Back to Top10-17-2007 11:45:33 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

Naji, you do excellent as Utena, and your dubs are so funny.  I'd love to lend my voice, but I'm not sure what you are wanting.  Is there a script?  Or do I have  to improvise?  The latter would be a bit tougher if I don't know the story or what the other characters are saying.  I can send you some random lines and you can decide which character I'd fit best if you want. emot-smile

#8 | Back to Top10-18-2007 01:37:40 AM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I'm trying to convince allegoriest to be a Mikage. D:

I don't think I could be useful voice-wise though.
My nightly making stupid voices lessons haven't been working well. emot-frown

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/cherry_whispers/signature.jpg

#9 | Back to Top10-18-2007 01:59:34 AM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Also love to volunteer here. I pursue voice acting as a passion and am pursuing theatre right now, so it'd be a nice opportunity for me to stretch and lend a voice to the Anime I love. However, my voice is quite deep and strong, and I don't know if it might fit the sweeter strands of Japanese schoolgirls. But since it's a humorous fandub, that might work pretty well. Also, I can make some meanly freakish voices. Just let me know.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#10 | Back to Top10-18-2007 02:43:19 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Oh my... My foreigner English wants to participate. If you need anything like that, erm... Call me.

I think I'll enjoy hearing the voices of other forum members used for such a noble cause. poptart

#11 | Back to Top10-18-2007 04:01:20 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Oh, me me, please! I love voice-acting, i was finalist in the dub contest in Spain. They even paid me the ticket to the finals in Barcelona! (200€).

But my english is foreigner, too emot-frown

#12 | Back to Top10-18-2007 06:13:38 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

I'd be happy to help out too if you still need male voices. I used to do a fair amount of stage acting, and I have a strong voice with a lot of range. Good diction too, when I'm paying attention. Just let me know if you want me.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#13 | Back to Top10-18-2007 06:22:39 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Alexandra wrote:

Naji, you do excellent as Utena, and your dubs are so funny.  I'd love to lend my voice, but I'm not sure what you are wanting.  Is there a script?  Or do I have  to improvise?  The latter would be a bit tougher if I don't know the story or what the other characters are saying.  I can send you some random lines and you can decide which character I'd fit best if you want. emot-smile

I'm just sort of poking around right now, but there will be a script with improvisational wiggle room.

When the real time comes, I'll post certain lines for certain characters and everyone can try out for whoever they think they'd do best.

Sexy and sarcastic, foreign, deep, and quiet... It's all good! It adds flavor.

I'm glad to see so much interest! emot-dance You guys are sugar plums, honey buns, and pumpy-umpy-umpkins. etc-loveetc-love

#14 | Back to Top10-18-2007 09:13:37 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

I'm glad to see so much interest! emot-dance You guys are sugar plums, honey buns, and pumpy-umpy-umpkins. etc-loveetc-love

Things like that only grow In the Rose Garden. school-eng101

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#15 | Back to Top10-18-2007 04:17:50 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

I can help.  I like to think of myself as an actor.  I also like to think that I have good comedic timing, but I work best under direction.

#16 | Back to Top10-18-2007 04:24:14 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I too would be willing to help. I like to think of myself as a colossal douchebag sometimes. emot-biggrin

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#17 | Back to Top10-18-2007 04:41:52 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I once had an acquaintance hunt me down to do his radio show because he said he loved and wanted my voice. [sniggers] But seriously, I'd be willing to play; I used to act many a moon ago and speech classes were my friend. Only problem is, I have the most warped accent you ever did hear, being of an odd dialect of an odd country living approximately halfway around the world from said oddities. Hee. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#18 | Back to Top10-18-2007 09:12:13 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I am very willing to help! Just let me know, and I'll be ready.

(Needs to build up voice acting portfolio)

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#19 | Back to Top10-18-2007 10:02:50 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Add me to the list of guys who are interested. I even have a crappy microphone.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#20 | Back to Top10-18-2007 10:17:40 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I'm definatley interested. I'd love to try my hand at voice acting. I'll go buy a mic.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#21 | Back to Top10-18-2007 11:31:00 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Red Angel wrote:

I'm trying to convince allegoriest to be a Mikage. D:

I don't think I could be useful voice-wise though.
My nightly making stupid voices lessons haven't been working well. emot-frown

...Is thihs why you keep asking me to say Mikage lines when we're in the elevator? >____>

And as for your voice stuff, you just need to be more silly and confident. I hear you talk in your sleep for Suppi's sake, you don't need to worry about me hearing you potentially sounding silly. Besides, that's the point!

...My mother always wanted me to be a voice actor. (great ambtions to have for the child who is studying architecture!) But I have no mic.

#22 | Back to Top10-19-2007 01:35:11 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

I might be able to help...if you don't mind someone sounding like a Smurf on helium. (My teacher had me read a part of "War of the Worlds" when I was in school, and that's exactly what I sounded like. I STILL cringe when I'm forced to hear myself when I have my weekly coaching meetings at work, because that's all I hear.) I think my lappy has a mic attatched. The only issue I might have is that my connection at home is dial up, and even for dial up, it's slow.

Icon from Kawaii Not

#23 | Back to Top10-19-2007 08:44:04 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Oh, oh, I could so do Kozue with a slutty Southern belle voice. Or Yamada, etc. with weird nerd voices.

I might be able to help...if you don't mind someone sounding like a Smurf on helium.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have the perfect Akio.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#24 | Back to Top10-19-2007 09:11:47 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Jellineck wrote:

Oh, oh, I could so do Kozue with a slutty Southern belle voice.

Kozue + Southern Accent = Blanche from Golden Girls.

And a new, terrifying plot bunny was born.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#25 | Back to Top10-19-2007 09:51:10 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

After testing out my voice for a few characters, I realized that I can pull of Anthy really well. I always did love quoting her back when I was an Anthy fangirl. *Gazes off into the distance nostalgically*

Board footer