This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top04-03-2007 05:57:43 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Re: Utena and You: Yes,you.

Oh my god....that is AMAZING.

Going off-thread for a moment [if you reference to the color symbolism thread], this helps support my theory that black hair=Touga's wenches.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#52 | Back to Top04-03-2007 06:32:02 PM

guardian_rose
Precious One

Razara wrote:

I got one for my fifteenth birthday last year.

i had no idea that there were people so young on here! i guess i should have known! good anime is never kept secret! lol!

We all have our own little addictions.

#53 | Back to Top04-03-2007 06:54:08 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Teapot wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ … floozy.jpg

asdfjretjkhgfkjdr

I need to get that uniform... and a Touga. >=[

You're my favorite nameless character! I call her Touga-Fangirl! I've been meaning to make a Sim of her. She's going to be in love with Anata.

guardian_rose wrote:

i had no idea that there were people so young on here! i guess i should have known! good anime is never kept secret! lol!

Aww, now I feel like a little kid. emot-frown

#54 | Back to Top04-03-2007 06:57:58 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Razara, you seem way older than fifteen to me, if that helps any. emot-keke Age doesn't matter. I'm twenty but I can be very naive and dumb.

#55 | Back to Top04-03-2007 07:03:20 PM

guardian_rose
Precious One

Razara wrote:

Aww, now I feel like a little kid. emot-frown

Just curious... do you remember when the super nintendo came out?

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Razara, you seem way older than fifteen to me, if that helps any.  Age doesn't matter. I'm twenty but I can be very naive and dumb.

it doesnt matter how old you are. we can all be naive from time to time.

#56 | Back to Top04-03-2007 07:13:36 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

guardian_rose wrote:

No... Why? Is that a bad thing? emot-gonk

(I'm sixteen, by the way. Not that it makes any difference.)

#57 | Back to Top04-03-2007 07:15:45 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Eh, forget the age thing. Our younger members are wonderful, amazing people, and I envy them for being far more mature than I was at that age. Besides, it's the internets, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#58 | Back to Top04-03-2007 07:17:59 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Yasha wrote:

Eh, forget the age thing. Our younger members are wonderful, amazing people, and I envy them for being far more mature than I was at that age. Besides, it's the internets, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Exactly. emot-keke I wish I was that mature when I was younger, too.. I was a very emot-gonk 15-16 year old. And, well, we're here because we all have the same adoration for SKU (and sometimes other things), not about age.

#59 | Back to Top04-03-2007 08:29:48 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

dollface wrote:

Oh my god....that is AMAZING.

Going off-thread for a moment [if you reference to the color symbolism thread], this helps support my theory that black hair=Touga's wenches.

Glad to help you support your theory emot-keke

Razara wrote:

You're my favorite nameless character! I call her Touga-Fangirl! I've been meaning to make a Sim of her. She's going to be in love with Anata.

Hehe. I guess her name is Teapot the Touga-Fangirl now.

It's kind of funny how coincidences like that work out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

#60 | Back to Top06-02-2007 06:14:42 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

When I have gossip chat I always start from A-Ko and B-Ko :Kashira kashira... emot-smile

I also love roses, I have gold locket... Nemuro Memorial Hall is similiar to my school (420 years of tradition, yeah!) and I can't help thinking when it will catch a fire school-devil

I can't explain this, but my friends often says something from series:
X: I like look of your eyes when someone hurts you.

Y: I'll drive you to the end of world.

...and many more.

#61 | Back to Top06-02-2007 09:30:58 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Heh... today me and my pal, whom I forced to watch Utena, made our way to our city castle, with a CD player. I work there, so I got the key. The stairs to the summit of the tower, are exactly the same, spiral thingy as in Utena. We had two sticks, for fencing purposes. I enered the summit (46 meters above the ground), and said to him "I reveal to you The End Of World as well" emot-biggrin
Then we plugged the CD player, put on the Akio duel music (forgot the title, don't kill me), and started fencing. It's a great feeling, but there was no Rose Bride to win emot-mad . I won, when I stroke him with the tip of my "sword" about 2 centimeters under the eye school-chef

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#62 | Back to Top06-03-2007 02:03:48 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

Someone from Poland! emot-biggrin

#63 | Back to Top06-05-2007 11:00:49 AM

guardian_rose
Precious One

Razara wrote:

guardian_rose wrote:

No... Why? Is that a bad thing? emot-gonk

(I'm sixteen, by the way. Not that it makes any difference.)

its not a bad thing emot-biggrin

I was just curious. SNES was a big thing when I was a kid. im only 23, but having a child makes me feel old!

#64 | Back to Top06-05-2007 11:57:40 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Nanami's Rose Groom wrote:

Heh... today me and my pal, whom I forced to watch Utena, made our way to our city castle, with a CD player. I work there, so I got the key. The stairs to the summit of the tower, are exactly the same, spiral thingy as in Utena. We had two sticks, for fencing purposes. I enered the summit (46 meters above the ground), and said to him "I reveal to you The End Of World as well" emot-biggrin
Then we plugged the CD player, put on the Akio duel music (forgot the title, don't kill me), and started fencing. It's a great feeling, but there was no Rose Bride to win emot-mad . I won, when I stroke him with the tip of my "sword" about 2 centimeters under the eye school-chef

Oh... I'd love to work in a castle with towers and fantastic stairs!!! And to duel in it, sure etc-love

I discovered SKU during 2005 summer, while I was doing my high school final project (which had nothing to do with anime); I ended calling the attachments gogai, gogai. No teacher asked me about it, anyway.

Lately I have been playing a lot The Sunlit Garden in an old piano with my twin etc-love

#65 | Back to Top06-05-2007 12:45:04 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Drama group practices are usually held in this basement-like classroom. Sorta. There's a piano there and on really boring and crappy rehearsals (teacher absent?) you can hear me playing "Aphrodite of Death: Reminiscence" or playing with props like swords, randomly lashing out to unsuspecting students outside. The only thing stranger than that is when I hook my mp3 player to the stereo speakers in the classroom, playing a dueling song and me jumping around, sword-fighting with "Dios, that you can't see cause he might not exist at all." Yes, I do that while people are inside the classroom with me. No, I never wondered why people think I'm... Different.

I have a friend who calls me every now and then "oujisama" (Japanese for prince), which totally sets me off like a burning poptart. poptart emot-dance The funny thing is that he originally wanted to say princess, but mixed up the two words. When he wanted to fix it I told him not to. (:

Once or twice when I had coffee with my "anime friends" and my cousin, they would start talking about Naruto and as a person who hasn't watched much of the series, I felt very ignored. So I'd get back at them by poking my cousin (who watched SKU on my nagging) and starting a very loud discussion on incest, homosexuality, popping cars, spinning castles and all the goodness that makes SKU. Too bad it doesn't work for very long. emot-frown In the end it's just me babbling to my cousin who doesn't even remember the names of all the characters (two-day marathon watches tend to do that).

---
Other then that, my life is pretty much SKU-free. Should I be disappointed or relieved?
...or both?

#66 | Back to Top06-06-2007 03:03:12 AM

abraXas365
Ohtori Paramouri

When I turn on my Mobile phone the welcome message is:

Smash the Egg!

A motto and constant reminder!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/abraxas365.gif

#67 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:18:02 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

For some reason, whenever we'd be in the car and the clouds are going by, either my sister or I has to go "Look Miss Utena, the clouds are moving so quickly!!" in the Anthy dub voice.

This week we went on a road trip to north texas (which was apparently flooding by the way. I thought it was just raining, but south texas knows nothing about rain so I dunno.)

Anyway, it was horrible raining on the way home, and we can't drive in rain well since it never rains here! haha! We got a break from the rain, and I went "I hope the clouds start moving quickly..." and my mom starts going MISS UTENA MISS UTENA.

...She also used to AWAYS come in before or after a duel, and thus, thinks the WHOLE SHOW is bells clanging. Of course, at my school the bells... clang, for a better word, at 6, noon and 6. She came to visit my school one afternoon and was all NOOO ITS LIKE UTENAAA

...Her favourite is the cowbell episode. She'd walk in on that one ALL THE TIME to.

#68 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:25:16 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

allegoriest wrote:

...She also used to AWAYS come in before or after a duel, and thus, thinks the WHOLE SHOW is bells clanging.

*wipes tears and sighs* ahhh thats just all kinds of funny, I have to read this thread

allegoriest wrote:

Of course, at my school the bells... clang, for a better word, at 6, noon and 6. She came to visit my school one afternoon and was all NOOO ITS LIKE UTENAAA

...Her favourite is the cowbell episode. She'd walk in on that one ALL THE TIME to.

*still laughing* she has good taste!

#69 | Back to Top06-29-2007 01:30:36 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

allegoriest wrote:

For some reason, whenever we'd be in the car and the clouds are going by, either my sister or I has to go "Look Miss Utena, the clouds are moving so quickly!!" in the Anthy dub voice.

I remember saying that to my sister a long time ago.

Watching my older brother quote Willy Wonka to us all the time gives my hope that 10 years from now, I'll still be saying, "Let's go... To the outside world!" whenever I go somewhere. Whenever I can't find a key in Zelda, I always say, "A Link without its key is stuck, and goes to rust... Where's the key?!"

#70 | Back to Top09-03-2007 10:54:32 PM

evolutionkakumei
New Student

allegoriest wrote:

Rose signet- check
lots of roses- check
spiffy coats- check
Red sports car- check
Texas Ohtori plates... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZLT5T03d7E

I'm furious obviously. I hope I never run into these people on the road.

Granted my car isn't exactly the Akio Car, but still. *beats head on keyboard*
I'm just glad I can't drive often (horrible gas prices and me being sickly, and my car is a pain in the ass), and I keep trying to tell myself they would just sit in my garage on my sexier car and be sad.

One of my friends sent me my rose signet, with a mysterious return address that wasn't to anyone I knew... I wear it every day, but since its over 1 cm tall, and I have horrible skin under it, even though it fits perfectly.

My cars are named Akio and Not Akio, my drafting tables are Suzuki, Yamada, Tanaka (and Yoshimitsu!), my goldfish were named Xun and Shao (Miki and Kozue), I ask people to bring me dark blue roses when I'm sick, and have magically gained a huge collection of (now dried) ones. My friends call my school Ohtori due to all the roses, tower, bells, and all that Ohtori tastic stuff. (I HATE my school though.)

I saved Akio, the lovely red Corvette from being unused for an eternity and the bees that plagued his insides. Now he's dead sexy. Not Akio is a black and red Monte Carlo, who needs much work and will probably end up sold to someone else. I USED to have a Touga bike that was made of pure awesome (side car and all) but I traded him for Akio. My phone plays Nemuro Memorial Hall as well. I wanted to be Akio one year for Halloween, but I have no resemblance to him, and I'm very short, so I was Ikuhara. (also had a blonde super mutant forelock at the time. Ruka's uniform was too much for a day's notice and... I'm too short.). I looked silly, but I WAS Ikuhara...

Well, you won't ever run into me as I've long gotten rid of the car and the plate.emot-smile

In other words, unless someone else took it, OHTORI should be available in Texas.
You can contact the Texas Department of Transportation to check for availability.
Here's their site.

Still, I've seemingly been immortalized on the Earth as the only recorded fool riding on the front hood of a car in Akio gear with the OHTORI plate (for better or worse)emot-confused

It'll be funny forever!

mk2000

#71 | Back to Top09-03-2007 11:29:19 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

evolutionkakumei wrote:

Still, I've seemingly been immortalized on the Earth as the only recorded fool riding on the front hood of a car in Akio gear with the OHTORI plate (for better or worse)emot-confused

It'll be funny forever!

mk2000

YOU GET poptart poptart poptart poptart

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#72 | Back to Top09-03-2007 11:59:25 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Okay dude, you win at life. Have a poptart

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#73 | Back to Top09-04-2007 10:49:14 AM

Amiki-chan
Saionji Slapper

I don't know if behave in an Utena-esque way or anything but it has definitely influenced me! I am obsessed with roses...really, if I see any kind of something with a rose on it (preferably red, because it's my favorite color....not a fan of Touga) I must HAVE IT. Also, My desktop is named Utena, my laptop is named Anthy (tee hee), and my wireless router is ChuChu emot-tongue

For a long time I wanted to get an SKU inspired license plate but...I drive a blue Jeep Liberty (I guess Wakaba is a Jeep in the movie but....meh). And I'm lazy.

I am also wondering where and how you get Utena ringtones! I am clueless about that kind of stuff because I have had a ghetto phone up until now...do you need some kind of cord that plugs into your computer? And are there websites with the ringtones or what? emot-confused

No clue who made this (or any of my avatars really) so if it was you let me know...and I'll give you credit!

#74 | Back to Top09-04-2007 04:03:00 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Amiki-chan wrote:

I am also wondering where and how you get Utena ringtones! I am clueless about that kind of stuff because I have had a ghetto phone up until now...do you need some kind of cord that plugs into your computer? And are there websites with the ringtones or what? emot-confused

It depends on what kind of phone you have, if your phone can play MP3s like mine does, you just need to create an extract from whatever Utena music you have and upload it to your phone.

#75 | Back to Top09-08-2007 12:07:28 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I want to have a sexing marathon to ZUM school-devil  all 8/9 versions that is all for now emot-wink

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

Board footer