This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-17-2007 01:01:28 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: [Villain - Commerce City]Den of Thieves

Gore stifled a laugh as Mimic bolted for the ventilation duct and casually stuck out a foot as she passed him, tripping her up. He grabbed her braid and stood, yanking her into the air. Her pained, indignant shriek aroused him mildly but otherwise had no effect on his bearing. With a leer, he held her out towards Grave like an offering. Here you go. Have fun.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#27 | Back to Top01-17-2007 07:59:59 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Zavulon was startled by the scream.  What caused it, he had no clue, but that didn't matter because suddenly things were getting awefully strange.  He was thankful, though that Gore had tripped that lady running for the duct.  The last thing he needed, in his current state, was to have to revert to the other dimension.  It was risky enough when he was feeling his 100% best.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#28 | Back to Top01-17-2007 01:24:09 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Grave N. Image bowed his head slightly to Gore.

I see Sammy picked you well, Mister Gore.

Grasping Mimic by the ankles, Grave dangled her upsidedown, the hero's head held a foot above the floor. His hands tightened as he looked down at her, almost pityingly.

Take comfort that your foolish actions have bestowed upon you the greatest honour a hero could hope for. Death at the hands of Grave N. Image!

With a great heave, Grave thrust out his arms to either side, splitting Mimic like a wishbone. His arms now fully extended, Grave casually dropped the less than equal halves of Mimic onto the tiled floor.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#29 | Back to Top01-17-2007 07:00:38 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Holy Hell.

Gavellus's client was dead.  The break in the game, the emotions running high -- had it all been because the lawyer from Foxhewe & Doe had been caught?  What had given it away?  The earpiece was nearly invisible.  And -- most importantly -- could Gavellus himself be in danger?

He started at the end.  Level of personal danger: 1.7.  Fine.  Intensity of anger in the back room: 3.1.  Higher than Gavellus would like, but not bad for a room full of supers.  Specificity of ident: 7.2.  That was worrisome.  Whoever had detected the cheating had a pretty good idea who was behind it.  But how could Gavellus possibly have been identified?

Occam's Razor suggested that Gavellus had been ratted out.  He wasn't sure he believed that, though; surely he would have noticed an overt threat to his client.  Besides, in a room full of superheroes, the explanation could equally well have been someone's superpower.  Someone with an affinity for electronics might have traced the earpiece's signal back to Gavellus's microphone.  Someone with power over EM radiation could have done the same.  Telepathy might do it if it were sufficiently deep-probing, but that seemed least likely.  A telepath powerful enough to extract a 7.2-level ident on Gavellus from a client who barely knew him?  That would be a hell of a telepath.

In any case, little else could be accomplished here, and Gavellus didn't feel like taking chances.  Best to leave before Sammy and his gang finished their game.  He got up and started for the door, his mind spinning.

#30 | Back to Top01-18-2007 03:11:43 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Gore returned the gesture with a smile. Why thank you, Mister Image. It appears you've won the break, I hope you wished for something good.

#31 | Back to Top01-18-2007 08:45:46 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Zavulon was in a state of pure awe at what Grave had done.  Splitting a girl straight in half.  It was beautiful in a way.  Such pure brute force.  He had to keep himself from applauding this marvelous act.

He paused & thought to himself, 'of course, Zavulon, you must be careful.  Don't want that happening to myself.  Absolutely not.  Such powerful tempers would surely mangle a body fragile as mine.'

#32 | Back to Top01-18-2007 11:33:06 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

As Gavellus made his way to the club's exit, he was stopped by a man wearing one of the clubs' employee uniforms.  He wasn't big like a bouncer, but he was certainly keen-eyed and direct.

"Mr. Judge, Sammy doesn't mind you working his town; we all have to make a living.  But it would be in your best interests to speak with him before you next decide to get involved in his business," the man said in a conversational voice.  The man no longer impeded Gavellus' way and smiled at him before moving back to lean against the wall.

Back in the back room, Sammy nodded appreicatively at both Gore and Grave N. Image, brushing a little entrail off his sleeve.  Without making any kind of visible motion, he spoke telepathically again.

Fine work, gentlemen.  It also seems we have a rat in the ventilation duct.  Sammy sends a mental image of Zavulon to all in the telepathic web.  He's not a hero, but it would be nice to know exactly what his business here is.  Would one of you be so kind as to coax him out in a non-violent manner?  He's liable to disappear on us if he feels he's in danger.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#33 | Back to Top01-19-2007 09:40:41 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Zavulon suddenly felt nervous.  Though there were no physical signs of anyone noticing him, he could somehow feel that they had become aware of his being holed up in the vent.  The men weren't even in the same room anymore, but he could feel their attentions on him.  His first instinct of course was to fade into the alternate dimension, but that wasn't an option.  He had become too overheated in that small duct & he knew he didn't have enough energy to successfully stay in the dimension for a long enough period of time.  The other option was to burst out of the duct, run & hopefully catch onto a draft outside & glide away.  It sounded good enough... but what would he do if there weren't any winds that night. 

Zavulon racked his brain for some solution, but nothing came.  His final desicion was to wait out how they'd react to him, and if they started throwing punches, he'd run.  From observing Grave, he knew that if Grave got a hold of his frail body, he'd be a broken mass of entrails in only a matter of seconds.  But, he had one advantage over Grave & that was speed.  As long as he could stay out of Grave's reach, he was relatively safe.  Then he could run if he had to.

#34 | Back to Top01-19-2007 02:37:02 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Grave N. Image brushed at the red stains now covering his cloak with a sigh. He then strode over to the duct and tapped lightly near the grating, causing a noticable echo to reverberrate through the shaft.

"Excuse me little man," Grave said, attempting to sound genial. "Sammy would like you to join his little game. I suggest you take him up on the invitation, he gives such delightful party favours,"

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#35 | Back to Top01-21-2007 01:02:03 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Gore chuckled at Grave's invitation. The guy was really a class act. "No need to be nervous, we're really quite harmless."

#36 | Back to Top01-29-2007 10:55:32 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Gavellus or Zavulon needs to post next.  It does not matter who.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#37 | Back to Top01-30-2007 08:45:06 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Mep... I'll post...

Zavulon looked up at Grave through the duct mesh, trying to find any hidden sarcasm in his words.  He found none, and if things became bad, he could always run.  He pushed the grating out & climed delicately out of the vent, his aching body happy to finally have some room to stretch.  Zavulon was cautious near Grave, though, & backed away a few steps while maintaining eye contact.

"This game of yours... if you are talking about anything that would be of similar action to what you did to that girl earlier... then I'm so sorry, but I'll have to decline."  Zavulon had chosen his words carefully, trying to not offend anyone, while not being too submissive.  He thought over his current 'employment' for a while.  His boss wasn't anything important to him & he wasn't getting paid as much as he'd like.  From the looks of it, he could get more money under the employment of these men.

#38 | Back to Top01-30-2007 11:10:01 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

"There's a good man," Sammy said casually and waved the newcomer to one of the chairs Geave had vacated.  "Do sit down and tell me why you've taken a liking to my humble club's ventilation system."

Sammy smiled, his teeth flashing white, in a shark-like grin.

Board footer