This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top02-03-2009 10:48:10 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Re: So, Valentine's Day....

Valentine's is a conspiracy concocted by hallmark and Ill be peering out of my attic window clutching a shotgun waiting for "them" to come.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#27 | Back to Top02-05-2009 07:16:07 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

My close friend's piece of shit boyfriend is being a douche and calling Valentine's a "Hallmark Holiday," so I'm thinking of sending her something (a DS game or some roses, etc.) in place of that dickbag scum junkie ass stain on society.

~ Dreaming of my Fire Flower ~

#28 | Back to Top02-12-2009 11:12:02 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

The "anonymous" flowers and card have been delivered.

She made an ambiguous post to her Twitter about it (I know what it's about though).

We haven't really talked online for over a week and haven't talked in person almost for a month.

Things between us are so beyond broken, so this amuses me greatly.

Sigh, I am an incredibly malignant passive-aggressive douchebag and should be kicked in the face.

#29 | Back to Top02-12-2009 11:20:24 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Be my teacher. My evil is nothing compared to yours school-devil

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#30 | Back to Top02-12-2009 11:40:09 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

emot-rofl

Okay, but I should warn you, it's hard go back once you know the ways.

#31 | Back to Top02-12-2009 01:31:56 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I despise Valentine's Day. But that's probably because I've been single for a very vast majority of my life.

The only reason I may find it redeemable is because my friend Nicole has her 18th birthday on Feb. 14th, and she will be legal. emot-dance [Uh, that makes me sound like a lezzie creeper. I'm not that much of a creeper. El-oh-el. We'll probably just have penis-shaped confetti and rose bouquets made out of condoms or something.]

#32 | Back to Top02-12-2009 01:50:04 PM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

I'm single and I'm enjoying Valentine's Day (more than when I was in a relationship, apparently).

#33 | Back to Top02-12-2009 03:56:01 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Paradox and I have decided on our Valentine's Day plans!  Around lunch, we shall order in a pizza.  Then we shall nibble on that off and on throughout the day while watching movies and anime, and playing video games.

This is quite similar to how we spent our 5th wedding anniversary as well. ^_-

#34 | Back to Top02-12-2009 06:31:33 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

We had our Valentine's Day early since we've got some friends coming to visit us this weekend. emot-biggrin I made a nice dinner and a cake, and we drank champagne and watched Star Wars.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#35 | Back to Top02-12-2009 08:02:41 PM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

The second present is finished!

http://i42.tinypic.com/24yy59z.jpg

#36 | Back to Top02-12-2009 08:09:06 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Leroy, that's awesome, and even though the reasons for the gift is not what you expect its still nice nonetheless.

I don't know what I'm doing for Valentine's Day. It's my first Valentine's day in a relationship, if I remember correctly. And I have no idea what to do or what to expect or if my boyfriend and I are even doing anything because he might have work. I'll either be able to see him on Friday the 13th (he's a Friday the 13th birthday guy) to see the movie or on Valentine's day or maybe just a little of both depending on his job.

Anyway, I get off work early on friday the 13th so I plan to make pot roast for him and all my friends/roomies. emot-keke I want to try and buy chocolate for everyone too. I have a love/hate relationship with V-day, I like the concept of love but I don't think it should just be romantic love, and I really just don't get the commercial pressure that you have to buy something to show you care.

I'm a little scared of it though. emot-frown

#37 | Back to Top02-13-2009 03:17:04 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

Leroy wrote:

I'm single and I'm enjoying Valentine's Day (more than when I was in a relationship, apparently).

Well I'm not single and I won't enjoy Valentine's Day because he's away. emot-frown

#38 | Back to Top02-13-2009 04:02:34 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I wish I was in Japan on Valentine's Day, then I would be the one getting chocolate. emot-keke etc-love

#39 | Back to Top02-13-2009 03:45:22 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Eating chocolate.

Watching anime and being a bum.

Trying not to send my ex-boyfriend song dedications or VG Cats Valentines on StalkerBook or refresh the page to see if he mentions anything even remotely meaning he may still have feelings for me.

Yahoo.

#40 | Back to Top02-13-2009 11:35:59 PM

Haku Vinevaldi
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

no plan..
i went to school, got showered with chocolate and flowers..
now i am talking to my GF online, Standing on my head, eating a Cupcake..YEA!poptartpoptartpoptart

#41 | Back to Top02-14-2009 07:49:48 AM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

Having dinner with a few friends this evening, which should be awesome. emot-smile A friend of mine was dating a girl a week ago, and made reservations at Pasta Plus Cafe - unfortunately, the relationship didn't work out, but the reservations are still standing. No point in letting them go to waste.

After that, when she gets home, we're going to my girlfriend's apartment and most likely drinking for the majority of the evening.

Also, that picture is impressive, Leroy! Whoever is receiving that gift is very lucky.

#42 | Back to Top02-14-2009 08:56:08 AM

Leroy
Eternal Castellan
Website

Adrasteia wrote:

Also, that picture is impressive, Leroy! Whoever is receiving that gift is very lucky.

Thanks! I gave it to her last night. She seemed excited to get it but didn't say "thank you" or anything. But, like I've said, we're kind of in a rough spot with where we're at with each other (and I was drunk as hell last night, haha).

#43 | Back to Top02-14-2009 01:44:16 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I'm not doing anything (no gf), so I just bought my family some flowers.  They're pretty.  Mostly spider chrysanthemums, which I am in love with.

My coping mechanism for being single on Valentine's Day is what it always is.  It's almost 4:00 as I write this, so I still have like eight hours to find a Valentine.  That's plenty of time.  And when time's up it won't be Valentine's Day anymore, so it'll no longer be important.

#44 | Back to Top02-14-2009 01:57:48 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Just another normal Saturday, bearing no special significance whatsoever. emot-tongue

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#45 | Back to Top02-14-2009 02:05:40 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

satyreyes wrote:

...bought my family some flowers.  They're pretty.  Mostly spider chrysanthemums, which I am in love with.

Very thoughtful. And spider mums are beautiful! So peculiarly elegant.

I love flowers for any reason, but didn't do anything with them this year. My boyfriend and I sent each other packages of candy and small gifts. My family's not really doing anything special for the holiday... Mom and dad are spending time together out and about, which is sweet. Tonight they'll probably watch LOST and I'll probably play one of the DS games that came with my Valentine's Day stuff.

It's a really lovely day here, so I'm going to go back outdoors and enjoy it.

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#46 | Back to Top02-14-2009 02:42:44 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I have wrecked this holiday by making it a celebration of how happy I am to not be in a relationship at the moment. First time I've ever been emotionally content on Valentine's day.

So I'm playing video games without sleep or stopping to draw artwork. Yuna and Lulu can be my valentine's. (And Shiori, of course.) etc-love

#47 | Back to Top02-14-2009 03:03:16 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Razara wrote:

I have wrecked this holiday by making it a celebration of how happy I am to not be in a relationship at the moment. First time I've ever been emotionally content on Valentine's day.

So I'm playing video games without sleep or stopping to draw artwork. Yuna and Lulu can be my valentine's. (And Shiori, of course.) etc-love

What about Rikku? emot-confused

(sorry, just had to ask)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#48 | Back to Top02-14-2009 04:37:39 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

For fans of Zetsubou Sensei. Or anyone, really! (There may be a warning page, but it's completely safe.)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#49 | Back to Top02-15-2009 06:34:37 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

The best thing about Valentines Day is the insanely cheap chocolate the day after! I buy lots of boxes and stock up for months.

Also if you have any need for many cheap stuffed animals, now is the time to stock up. OMG there were entire bins piled high with them.

20 threads dead so far.

#50 | Back to Top02-15-2009 07:56:13 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Urk. Had a nice meal and then a huge row. Being drunk and pissed off about our relationship still being a secret after two and half years didn't help.
But fair's fair, making up was very enjoyable emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Board footer