This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-30-2008 02:35:49 PM

omg_fandom
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

SKU pairing oddities

Anyone who knows me knows I'm all etc-wankgirl for Anthy/Utena, and are fine with that, but for some reason almost any other pairing i like they think is crack.

"Crack" pairing #1: Jury/Utena  (seriously, ep 7?  and any other time they're around each other?)

"Crack" pairing #2: Saiyonji/Nanami  (WHY DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS?!?!)

"Crack" pairing #3: Touga/Miki  (This might be pushing it a bit, but c'mon!  Something about them just works!)

another thing - all 2 of my friends who actually like the show are all "in the utena/anthy pairing, utena is dominant", which i strongly beg to differ.  First of all, Anthy is far more "experienced" not only in sexual matters but life in general, and her "OMG submissive" personality is really nothing but an affect to being the Rose Bride.  Utena, to me, just seems more submissive in general, if anything hesitant.  IDK, i just dont really see DOM!Utena.  oh yeah, and i found this today.  made me laugh my ass off (everyone's probably alread seen it, but whatever)
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee160/Neliel3/WHOWASPHONEutena.gif

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/izzes_/Sains/newSIGNS_kamina-sama_DR.png
Some Pimping is necessary.  Go check out Double K at deviantart, because it's the best thing since Jesus.

#2 | Back to Top10-30-2008 03:47:29 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Re: SKU pairing oddities

WIN.

Never seen that image before. I loll'd IRL.
Jury/Utena! etc-wankgirl Oof, yes.
My fave cracky pairing has to be Kozue and Shiori. I think Kozue would be the dominant one, for sure. Opinions?

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#3 | Back to Top10-30-2008 04:47:32 PM

omg_fandom
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

i can see that, since thier personalities parralell a lot

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/izzes_/Sains/newSIGNS_kamina-sama_DR.png
Some Pimping is necessary.  Go check out Double K at deviantart, because it's the best thing since Jesus.

#4 | Back to Top10-30-2008 06:59:13 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

What about Miki/Anthy? He's the only person other than Utena who treats her humanely, and it's so cute.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#5 | Back to Top10-30-2008 07:02:25 PM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

Miss Bluesky wrote:

Kozue and Shiori.

I've read a couple of good fics with that pairing.  I think that Kozue, who knows how to have fun and has absolutely no use for insecurity or self-doubt - would actually be really good for Shiori.

My favorite pairing oddity - dude, they don't even meet onscreen - has always been Ruka/Mikage.

#6 | Back to Top10-30-2008 07:08:42 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Miki and Nanami!

Remember early on she tags along when he goes to visit Utena for tutoring? I was totally getting some vibes there......you know in that cute middle school way.

20 threads dead so far.

#7 | Back to Top10-30-2008 10:16:45 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

omg_fandom wrote: "Crack" pairing #1: Jury/Utena  (seriously, ep 7?  and any other time they're around each other?)

I'm all for this one. It totally has "evidence from canon" which is more than enough to get any pairing a flying start. school-devil
Of course the real problems with supporting it (when you try to fanfic it etc) is getting rid of Shiori and Anthy. Hehhehe.

"Crack" pairing #2: Saiyonji/Nanami  (WHY DOES NO ONE ELSE SEE THIS?!?!)

Hmm, is this because of their "touching egg scene?" I've never even thought of this crack, I admit it. But hey it's out there, and that's all a crack pairing needs...

"Crack" pairing #3: Touga/Miki  (This might be pushing it a bit, but c'mon!  Something about them just works!)

I reckon Saionji/Nanami actually pushes it more. Because I reckon Touga definitely plays with/almost flirts with Miki in the piano room before the Akio-car pulls up. And Touga would screw anybody. Plus he'd like it too. *gasp*

Neva wrote: My favorite pairing oddity - dude, they don't even meet onscreen - has always been Ruka/Mikage.

Is it because their hair is so complementary? emot-tongue

Riri wrote: What about Miki/Anthy? He's the only person other than Utena who treats her humanely, and it's so cute.

I find it cute too, only kinda unbelievable because it seems like it's completely faked/set up on Anthy's side. So the challenge in fanfic/vids/whatever would be making Anthy care about Miki? Um...how the heck could that happen? *wonders furiously*

Miss Bluesky wrote: My fave cracky pairing has to be Kozue and Shiori. I think Kozue would be the dominant one, for sure. Opinions?

Oh yeah, Kozue would be dominant all the way. I think the obstacle here (soz I tend to think of crack pairings in terms of the challenge of writing them - as I'm sure you've all noticed by now emot-redface) would be getting Shiori to be gay. She seems pretty disgusted by Juri's feelings in the elevator...but if anyone could seduce her, it would be Kozue.

hollow_rose wrote: Miki and Nanami!

Aha, a pairing with canon support! As in Nanami looking all flushed when Miki hints he likes someone, then glaring at the photo of Anthy when she figures it out. The most romantic interest Nanami ever shows a boy who isn't Touga!

Finally my crack pairings of preference

I concur with Utena/Juri. Yummy. And a different side of Utena.
How about Utena/Mamiya. Yep, freaky time. Freaky deaky drugged out madness.
Anthy/Saionji. Totally unbelievable. But who cares?! It's crack! And his hair goes great with her dress!
Nanami/Utena. When I read a believable fanfic I converted. Sometimes a great crack fic can do that to a body. emot-redface
Akio/teacher-with-scary-glasses. Because it's hilarious.
Wakaba/Anthy. And I want it to be ignited out of mutual hatred and competitiveness. How sick. How hawt!
Touga/Mrs Ohtori. Because Touga wants to emulate Akio in every way. OMG he's taking off her shoe.
Kanae/Mikage. She's his first victim. What if she's also...his first something else? emot-rofl
Akio/Saionji. I see Saionji as being scared out his mind but liking it very much. Too much.

Oh I love crack if it's done believably. etc-wankgirl

#8 | Back to Top10-31-2008 03:09:25 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

Touga x Kozue.... It was so disturbing, when she got out from the piano room emot-smile

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#9 | Back to Top10-31-2008 03:13:05 AM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Akio/Tsuwabuki.

Because I'm fucked up that way.

Actually, I'm just kidding. That's a bit too pedo even for SKU. But I gotta admit, that would be pretty damned funny.

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#10 | Back to Top10-31-2008 03:28:44 AM

Blacky
Miki Molester

hollow_rose wrote:

Miki and Nanami!

Remember early on she tags along when he goes to visit Utena for tutoring? I was totally getting some vibes there......you know in that cute middle school way.

That`s right! I think, they would be a very... Funny couple! But, I can`t    think, that their relationships would be serios... They would be like that:

Nanami: Wake up!! Wake up, lazy turtle! You have promised to take me to park today! It is 5 a.m! And... I will sleep till 11 a.m.
Miki: Z-z-z-z-z-z

Do you like people? Do you like thes wonderful world? Yes? Let`s skake hands!

#11 | Back to Top10-31-2008 08:28:03 AM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

sharnii wrote:

Is it because their hair is so complementary? emot-tongue

It's for a lot of reasons.  But, yeah, The Pretty definitely one of them.

Wakaba/Anthy. And I want it to be ignited out of mutual hatred and competitiveness. How sick. How hawt!

YES.  Oh, that would be twisted and wonderful, though I don't think that Anthy really *hates* Wakaba.  Considers her useful/amusing, maybe.

Akio/Saionji. I see Saionji as being scared out his mind but liking it very much. Too much.

Oh, that would be delish.  Saionji doesn't really trust Akio, but is still drawn to him (probably at least partly because Touga is).

#12 | Back to Top10-31-2008 09:05:14 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

And what do you think of Miki x Shiori? Juri would be pissed at the Seitokai meetings... emot-tongue. And Shiori would probably use poor, naive Miki, to piss Juri even more...

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#13 | Back to Top10-31-2008 12:39:16 PM

omg_fandom
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

another one i can kina see is Jury/Wakaba or Jury/Nanami....well, i can pretty much see Jury and any other girl that's not Kozue.....

#14 | Back to Top10-31-2008 08:58:12 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Touga x Juri.

Because. >.>

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#15 | Back to Top11-01-2008 05:58:08 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Ooh yes, kaichou, let's see more non-crack official-manga Touga/Juri! Yay!
Where are you straight-Juri? Please emerge and be a cold hearted bitch to Utena for stealing your precious prince!

Last edited by sharnii (11-01-2008 05:58:20 AM)

#16 | Back to Top11-01-2008 07:07:20 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

sharnii wrote:

Ooh yes, kaichou, let's see more non-crack official-manga Touga/Juri! Yay!
Where are you straight-Juri? Please emerge and be a cold hearted bitch to Utena for stealing your precious prince!

Straight Juri!? emot-aaa say it ain't so emot-gonk There goes another precious part of my childhood....

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#17 | Back to Top11-01-2008 07:12:47 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Ehh, it's only manga continuity, Bluesky. Don't fret. emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#18 | Back to Top11-01-2008 07:39:33 PM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Soz Miss Bluesky - I should have posted that one with spoiler text. emot-gonk Yes straight Juri is eye-catching to be sure. I like her jealous rages. But who can give up on the angsty melodrama of unrequited-love lesbian Juri. She's even more eye-catching!
BioKraze is right, don't worry about it, the manga version is its own world, just as the movie is a completely alternate dimension of crackness.
For instance, in the movie: *SPOILER*Anthy grows a personality. A very very horny personality. Good times...*END SPOILER*

#19 | Back to Top11-01-2008 10:32:25 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

sharnii wrote:

For instance, in the movie: *SPOILER*Anthy grows a personality. A very very horny personality. Good times...*END SPOILER*

Don't forget... *SPOILER* ...the ever delicious Touga x Utena sex in the Adolescence Mokushiroku manga. *END SPOILER* I'll never be one of those who say Saito can go to hell; I'm actually a loyal member of the I LOVE YOU SAITO FOREVER AND EVER fanclub. You should check out her other mangas. poptartetc-loveetc-wankdude

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#20 | Back to Top11-02-2008 03:05:58 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

That scene you mention Kaichou is a real keeper. etc-wankgirl And yet another (justified) crack pairing that needs MOAR fanwork.
What are Saito's other mangas? And what do you reckon is the best one after SKU?

#21 | Back to Top11-02-2008 03:37:35 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

sharnii wrote:

Soz Miss Bluesky - I should have posted that one with spoiler text. emot-gonk Yes straight Juri is eye-catching to be sure. I like her jealous rages.

And although the Juri in the manga is not my favorite version, she does stab a baseball out of the air. Which is pretty damn cool.....Actually she almost comes off like Nanami in the manga to some extent, she is extra bitchy and pulls mean tricks on Utena.

But who can give up on the angsty melodrama of unrequited-love lesbian Juri. She's even more eye-catching!

BioKraze is right, don't worry about it, the manga version is its own world, just as the movie is a completely alternate dimension of crackness.

.......may I offer a possible compromise?

How about Juri is bisexual?

Then you can have your Juri/Shiori, Juri/Utena, Juri/Ruka, Juri/Touga......everyone's favorite fan pairings can be merrily accommodated.....

Seitokaichou, Juri is my favorite and Touga's my second favorite character, so yeah I can totally get on the Juri/Touga bandwagon.

.......I am personally not too much of a fan but I'm surprised no one's mentioned Juri/Miki yet as a pairing.

20 threads dead so far.

#22 | Back to Top11-02-2008 03:52:19 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

sharnii wrote:

That scene you mention Kaichou is a real keeper. etc-wankgirl And yet another (justified) crack pairing that needs MOAR fanwork.
What are Saito's other mangas? And what do you reckon is the best one after SKU?

She has a new one out called the World of S&M (NO its not what you think!)

It is quite good and has some themes similar to Utena, only with time traveling. I highly, highly recommend it.

20 threads dead so far.

#23 | Back to Top11-02-2008 08:40:39 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

sharnii wrote:

And yet another (justified) crack pairing that needs MOAR fanwork.

Don't tempt me. >.>

Here are some of her works that are in my happy collection:

1. Kakan No Madonna (Semi-historical romance - moar Touga/Utena-like sex - Cesare Borgia is mine. Lol.)
2. Mou Hitori No Marionette (Modern day psychological drama and romance)
3. Gin No Ookami (compiled book of 5 delicious stories)

hollow_rose wrote:

Seitokaichou, Juri is my favorite and Touga's my second favorite character, so yeah I can totally get on the Juri/Touga bandwagon.

Can my Touga marry your Juri? etc-love Seriously now, I'll add you to the Touga/Juri Lovers Club (which has three members now--including you lol). Don't worry, I'll protect you from Touga/Juri haters out there. *coughs and unsheathes katana*

#24 | Back to Top11-03-2008 08:16:48 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

Don't worry, I'll protect you from Touga/Juri haters out there. *coughs and unsheathes katana*

*runs away*

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#25 | Back to Top11-03-2008 11:24:24 AM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Akio and Saionji.  Jesus, just seeing both of their names in the same sentence is hot.

Board footer