This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-25-2008 05:34:19 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

How do you sleep?

I tend to sleep like a rock, on my back. With hands on my hips, and my right ankle over my left. And I turn a lot when I'm dreaming.
So, how do you sleep? Lightly, every sound can wake you up? Or do you sleep like rock? On your back? On the side? On the bed, or do you tend to fall of the bed on the floor?

#2 | Back to Top12-25-2008 10:09:50 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Re: How do you sleep?

I sleep like a corpse sometimes (as in I don't shift from my position) that's why when I wake up in the morning I have an ugly stiff neck; other times, I turn a lot especially when I keep waking up every 30 minutes. But mostly my sleeping pattern can be compared to a vampire's (as in I only sleep when the sun is up). *laughs*

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#3 | Back to Top12-25-2008 10:58:43 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I go to sleep on my stomach and wake up on my back. What happens inbetween is one of the universe's great mysteries.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#4 | Back to Top12-25-2008 11:01:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

On my side, typically with one hand clasped to my chest and the other spread out in front of me.  I have trouble figuring out what to do with my legs; they usually end up crossing around the knees, with one straight out and the other bent.  I don't toss and turn much.  I sleep from three in the morning till noon when I can get away with it, which is most of the time.

I sleep okay for the first six or seven hours, but around 10:30 I tend to start waking up and going back to sleep repeatedly.  Whether for this reason or some other, I'm sleepy/tired/groggy for most of the day most days.  It's frustrating.

#5 | Back to Top12-25-2008 12:19:00 PM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

Ragnarok wrote:

I go to sleep on my stomach and wake up on my back. What happens inbetween is one of the universe's great mysteries.

you should video tape yourself !

wrote:

On my side, typically with one hand clasped to my chest and the other spread out in front of me.  I have trouble figuring out what to do with my legs; they usually end up crossing around the knees, with one straight out and the other bent.  I don't toss and turn much.  I sleep from three in the morning till noon when I can get away with it, which is most of the time.

I do that too. On days I can't fall asleep.

#6 | Back to Top12-26-2008 05:45:40 AM

Mock Puppet
Azure Paleontologist
Website

I sleep with the CD playing the Sounds of Heavy Rainfall which is set on repeat while I sleep on my side, hugging a giant pillow. emot-redface

“Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.”
-A. Nonymous-

#7 | Back to Top12-26-2008 06:18:58 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I sleep on my side in the middle of a big bed while listening to the Zork: Nemesis soundtrack. I'm surprised I don't have more nightmares. emot-rofl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#8 | Back to Top12-26-2008 06:38:12 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Either sideway or facing ceiling, but either way, I'll be hugging my giant blanket...

Oh good god... I'm a 21 year old version of Linus O_O

#9 | Back to Top12-26-2008 04:10:07 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I squirm a lot before I finally drift off to sleep. And I have been told that I make an "uhn" sound right before I drop off. Like it's a signal emot-confused I sleep on either my side or my stomach. When I'm on my side, my hands are sometimes crossed over my chest like I'm dead, lol. On my stomach, my arms are usually spread out like I'm trying to fly and my legs are usually spread out also. XD It kinda looks like I just did a face-plant or something. emot-rofl I don't snore, thank God. I do tend to make random jerking motions when I'm dreaming though... school-freud

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#10 | Back to Top12-26-2008 05:14:30 PM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

BlackRoseVixen wrote:

I squirm a lot before I finally drift off to sleep. And I have been told that I make an "uhn" sound right before I drop off. Like it's a signal emot-confused I sleep on either my side or my stomach. When I'm on my side, my hands are sometimes crossed over my chest like I'm dead, lol. On my stomach, my arms are usually spread out like I'm trying to fly and my legs are usually spread out also. XD It kinda looks like I just did a face-plant or something. emot-rofl I don't snore, thank God. I do tend to make random jerking motions when I'm dreaming though... school-freud

"Uhn", makes me think of that song "all you need is my uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss".

It's fun to read how people all sleep so differently.

#11 | Back to Top12-26-2008 05:54:47 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I usually fall asleep molesting my pillows, then wake up with them anywhere but near me. Whether they fled, or I decided I was finished with them is yet unknown.

I'm told I move around at least every five seconds when I sleep, and I always end up doing SOMETHING to make my chest and back hate me, but I just can't figure out what...

#12 | Back to Top12-26-2008 07:42:44 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

allegoriest wrote:

I usually fall asleep molesting my pillows

Best quote of the day right there! emot-tongue

As for me, I crawl into bed on my back, but end up on my side (usually my right side, arms stretched out before me) before I actually fall asleep. I know that I toss and turn quite a bit during the night, and I usually end up on my left side when I wake up in the mornings. I have been known to bundle up so badly that I look like a mummy when trying to husband warmth on cold winter days. (What? The Sonora Desert gets quite cold in winter.)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#13 | Back to Top12-26-2008 09:34:35 PM

Esmenet
Tenjou Tilter

Apparently, in a very tossy-and-turny manner. With headphones on. emot-biggrin I usually fall asleep on my back or my side, but I can never remember how I wake up because I usually move as soon as I do. (Not that this prevents me from falling right back asleep, oh no. *sigh*) And usually for eight hours at the most; in summer I usually get up at six.

The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world. [The bird is flying to God. The name of the God is called Abraxas.]

#14 | Back to Top12-27-2008 05:08:37 AM

Itsuke
Pathtracer

With my current job and school schedule (shall remind the same even after this winter break), I go to sleep in the morning and wake up at 2pm (or later in the evening when I have no work).
I prefer to sleep on my back, but stomach discomfort always forces me to sleep on my side. My entire body except the head is wrapped underneath the blanket, makes me feel safe and secure~ I don't usually move much during sleep, only when I have a terrible dream. I also talk/shout out loud when dreaming, on accasion I could even wake myself up, although this is getting less frequent as I get older. One thing that bothers me the most nowadays is my bladder. Although I know this is normal, but I hate waking up wanting to pee. emot-mad
Oh one more thing, my cat goes to sleep whenever I go to sleep. Reason is because she considers my stomach to be her bed (this explains the stomach discomfort if I sleep on my back), but even if I turn to my side, she would just climb onto my hip and rest there. I think I spoil her too much. emot-frown

#15 | Back to Top12-27-2008 05:34:30 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

On my back or on my side. This second position is quite strange, because I lay on my hip and my stomach at the same time. I have one hand on my cheek then.

#16 | Back to Top12-27-2008 05:54:20 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

dlaire wrote:

On my back or on my side. This second position is quite strange, because I lay on my hip and my stomach at the same time. I have one hand on my cheek then.

Wow. I do that too when on my side,
I can't sleep completely on my side,
it hurts a bit after a while.

emot-aaa

#17 | Back to Top12-27-2008 10:16:14 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

allegoriest wrote:

I usually fall asleep molesting my pillows, then wake up with them anywhere but near me.

Haha! Molesting my pillows. WORD. I have eight pillows when I go to sleep, and all of them are on the floor when I wake up. Lol.

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#18 | Back to Top12-27-2008 11:57:01 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I have a pillow, but I prefer using my arm instead. I also toss and turn a lot, so even if I have two blankets on when I go to sleep, there will only be one on me when I wake up.

#19 | Back to Top12-27-2008 11:59:52 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

I can't sleep with two blankets, way too hot for me.
Even in the winter.

I love the cool chills when your bed isn't warm yet.

#20 | Back to Top12-28-2008 10:07:54 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I usually sleep on my stomach or in the fetal position. The first is more comfortable to me.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#21 | Back to Top12-28-2008 10:27:55 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I find that I sleep best when there's a fan or some other soft but steady source of noise. If the air is too still or it's just unnervingly quiet, I find it hard to get to sleep. Regardless, though, I get insomnia somewhat frequently and tend to toss and turn a lot.

#22 | Back to Top12-29-2008 11:03:02 AM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

OnionPrince wrote:

I find that I sleep best when there's a fan or some other soft but steady source of noise. If the air is too still or it's just unnervingly quiet, I find it hard to get to sleep.

Also true for me! But I can't sleep very well if there's music either, since I tend to concentrate on that unless I'm exhausted and then nothing is gonna keep me awake. I normally go to sleep on my right side, with the left leg bent so the foot's approximately level with the knee underneath it. The right arm is underneath the pillows I rest my head on, and the other's normally kept at my chest.

When I wake up naturally I'm usually on my back; when I wake up from an alarm I'm on my left side. Have any of you noticed a difference like this?

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#23 | Back to Top12-30-2008 01:42:07 AM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

I start on my side with one knee bent, but magically i wake up on my back with my arms crossed like a mummy.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#24 | Back to Top12-30-2008 02:19:23 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Seitokaichou wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

I usually fall asleep molesting my pillows, then wake up with them anywhere but near me.

Haha! Molesting my pillows. WORD. I have eight pillows when I go to sleep, and all of them are on the floor when I wake up. Lol.

At least half my bed is pillows. XD
Then half that half is plushies. Then half THAT half is my computer and such, then in a TINY strip, right on the edge of the bed is me. And its all happy and in a giant net.

I can't be comfortable laying down flat, I need to be in my mountains of pillows.

I also can't lay down to fall asleep, I'm a horrible insomniac, and I get really uncomfortable with myself if I don't stay occupied, and thusly, I pass out every night. (Hence my weird posting times.) I generally fall asleep with headphones on...and the computer in my face.

I also HATE sleeping in the dark.
Unfortunately, I share a bedroom with Red Angel, and she can't sleep with the lights on. emot-gonk She just pokes at me from her bed until I turn every lamp off. ;___;

#25 | Back to Top12-30-2008 11:08:19 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I've learned the art of sleeping just about anywhere, with the amount I float from place to place.

But, ideally... I like sleeping on a mat emot-rofl  Beds aren't as comfy to me.  But, I love having tons and tons and tons of blankets, so I can disappear from the world.  Also, with my Jack Skellington pillow.  I love that thing so much!  Perfect amount of squishy and cuteness.

I sleep on my side curled up, and don't really move at all.  Sometimes I laugh in my sleep. >w>

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

Board footer