This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-01-2007 01:01:04 AM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

Utena on Yahoo! Japan Auctions

So does anyone else troll around Yahoo Japan Auctions for rare merchandise? My recent finds include the Chu Chu watch, Nanami's cowbell, rings, books on the making of the series, but this just makes me cry: http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w16429541

It does not help that I'm an animation major and GREATLY desire anything like this. I haven't gotten my hands on the Xeroxed model sheets readily available on auction sites, but it looks like there are pictures here not found elsewhere.

I also have the storyboards for episode 3. I am totally meaning to scan in all of the pages. Would there be any interest in placing them in the gallery? emot-smile

I also might have some Utena related homework to share once I finish it. ^_-

*pop* First post! Long-ass time viewer, first time contributor. emot-smile

Last edited by spiralstairs (12-01-2007 01:09:49 AM)

#2 | Back to Top12-01-2007 01:19:38 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Utena on Yahoo! Japan Auctions

spiralstairs wrote:

I also have the storyboards for episode 3. I am totally meaning to scan in all of the pages. Would there be any interest in placing them in the gallery? emot-smile=

YES. YES. YES.

There would also be interest in that linked auction if any of you guys win it. Bottom left, judging by the hair, is an early character design for Akio. emot-aaa

He...he had glasses! emot-aaa

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top12-01-2007 01:24:03 AM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

Giovanna wrote:

spiralstairs wrote:

I also have the storyboards for episode 3. I am totally meaning to scan in all of the pages. Would there be any interest in placing them in the gallery? emot-smile=

YES. YES. YES.

There would also be interest in that linked auction if any of you guys win it. Bottom left, judging by the hair, is an early character design for Akio. emot-aaa

I need to use the week-end to get caught up with my homework (I swear some of it is Utena related I will be sharing! emot-biggrin) (Ah great. i sneezed all over my laptop). I am also sick. XD However! I'm sure I will find a free moment to scan everything in. It's about 110 pages and a xerox, but I think it was used in production.

Oh, and uh, I also gots the script for episode 15. emot-biggrin (Except my kanji sucks and I can barely read it. XD)

Okay! Back to pen tooling this rosebud. XD

#4 | Back to Top12-01-2007 08:58:56 AM

atolm
Miki Molester
Website

That's all kinds of amazing, right there... why do there have to be other Utena fans in the world? If it were only us, we could conspire to get our collective hands on it for a sane price. I'm almost tempted to place a bid on that -- I mean, with 190-some pages, you're bound to get your money's worth.

*edit*
What do I mean, "almost?" I'm super-ultra tempted.

Last edited by atolm (12-01-2007 09:02:31 AM)

#5 | Back to Top12-01-2007 11:12:37 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Giovanna wrote:

emot-aaa

Can you imagine if Akio wore glasses? He could be like Satoshi Hiwatari, so that whenever he adjusts them, girls would faint.

#6 | Back to Top12-01-2007 12:18:14 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

atolm wrote:

That's all kinds of amazing, right there... why do there have to be other Utena fans in the world? If it were only us, we could conspire to get our collective hands on it for a sane price. I'm almost tempted to place a bid on that -- I mean, with 190-some pages, you're bound to get your money's worth.

*edit*
What do I mean, "almost?" I'm super-ultra tempted.

*eyes turn all hypno-Kaa like*
Yeeeeeeeeesss...you waaaant to do this...this is a good idea. emot-biggrin emot-biggrin emot-biggrin

#7 | Back to Top12-02-2007 07:00:02 AM

atolm
Miki Molester
Website

As there is only an hour or so left on the auction, I thought I'd throw in a bid, for the hell of it, but it appears that in order to bid over  4,999 Yen, you have to sign up as a premium member and pay a monthly fee.... I'm sorry, I have failed Utena-dom.

#8 | Back to Top12-03-2007 01:01:33 AM

TenjouUsagi
Anthy Assailer
Website

o_o I must have missed those. emot-keke; I recently won this auction: http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a … w16387305?

I'd love to have the ChuChu watch mentioned, but with Christmas and my trip to Tokyo around the corner, I can't afford a $70 watch. emot-keke;;

I'm constantly scouring YJA for Utena and Sailor Moon stuff. The deputy service Celga is pretty nifty because they have a new service called Celga Gold that gives you your own YJA account. They even confirm it and pay for it for you so that you can bid unlimited. I signed up before November 30th, so my account was free aside from the $36 for a year of unlimited bidding with YJA. You guys should check it out. emot-smile Shopping Mall Japan is pretty good too, and I was using them before I signed up for my own account because they're a bit cheaper than Celga, but you just can't beat having your own YJA account. emot-dance

"Ever since I saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes, and the stars were gifts you gave to the dark and empty skies."

Board footer