This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-21-2009 11:04:33 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Write your one sentence

I want to get to know you all a little better. If you could sum yourself up in one sentence, what would it be?

Be as descriptive and wordy as you can, use as many adjectives as you want - and run-on sentences are perfectly fine. Ex: "I'm a Aries-down-to-the-core  nymphomaniac martini-drinking pastry chef who is obsessed with Law and Order and likes to walk on the beach naked." Not me of course, but an example of what I mean.

I'm really tired, so I'll try and write mine tomorrow. emot-keke

#2 | Back to Top05-22-2009 12:13:46 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Re: Write your one sentence

I'm a belligerently free-spirited logician, teacher and philosopher who is far too goofy for anyone to take seriously, including myself.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#3 | Back to Top05-22-2009 01:22:24 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I am an even tempered oddball who plays dumb by feigning intelligence, watches too much anime, reads too much fanfiction and under different circumstances, would have become a Hikikomori.

#4 | Back to Top05-22-2009 01:23:07 AM

Nanami's Rose Groom
Rose Assignee
Website

I'm a hyper-sensitive, ironic, medieval history reenactor and fanzine writer, with a Prince complex, Nice Guy Syndrome, and an addiction to tea, women, and power metal.

"Get back to the surface, where the sunlight is so dazzling"

#5 | Back to Top05-22-2009 01:58:26 AM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

I'm an overly trusting, cynical, mystical, magical, fantastical princely-not-prissy too loving, too lucky, so moxious obnoxious faggy fairy floating around in my own personal world while dreaming and scheming and wandering the streets at night indulging in the sensations created by Fight versus Flight until I become exhausted; quixotic languid pancake pour me over on the mattress, Anthy, I'm tired not dying-- striving toward my next goal, though it seems so close and so very... far... away--living for today {instead of for the next five minutes} writing, spinning, drawing, crafting, loving loving loving through the chaos that exists inside my head and without-- wordcrafting novel drafting THING.

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#6 | Back to Top05-22-2009 05:33:49 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

I'm a momentarily confused and low-key member of IRG that dreams of ambitions and ideas bigger than her capacity to actually materialize them in the form of breathtaking, perfect and deep artistic masterpieces.

cool

#7 | Back to Top05-22-2009 06:55:29 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

An affable loser, crippling shy but an averagely nice person; a anime-loving game-playing book-reading recluse with a thirst for knowledge, an interest in autism and passion for the language of the internet; a pink-haired pierced-up punk-wannabe with a scowl, a total softie; a neurotic n00b and half-girlish person: but hey, I try my best. emot-smile

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#8 | Back to Top05-22-2009 07:38:16 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I still don't know what I am because while I am a lot of things, lover of science, history, literature, and music, at the same time, I have times when I hate them all, and as far as my personality is concerned, while I'm mild, there are times when I'm temperamental, and while I'm trusting, there are times when I can be a let down, hence my inability to clearly identify myself as something "solid" emot-tongue

#9 | Back to Top05-22-2009 11:46:56 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

A love-addicted band nerd who, no matter how she tries, always feels inadequate as she walks down the street, thinking about her girlfriend while she adjusts her baggy jeans as people turn and wonder about her immensely intellectual ways and her absolute eloquence, which she hopes in the future, coupled with her musical and artistic manners, will help her conquer the world.

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

#10 | Back to Top05-22-2009 02:15:29 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

A bundle of contradictions; a valley girl via goth and punk influences, a depraved hopeless romantic, hard worker, believer in instinct and honesty, a total spaz, argumentative at times, bold yet demure and continually changing.

Last edited by lex (05-22-2009 02:32:34 PM)

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#11 | Back to Top05-22-2009 02:23:36 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I'm a sugar-and-spice-and-everything-nice-plus-a-little-poison faerie obsessed wannabe, dark fairy tale, symbolism, and psychology/sociology lover, artistic and creative yet being bad at art, constantly lonely girl locked in a tower pining to feel connected with humanity, a nice-girl Scorpio, a purple-haired petite lolita yet still determinately a woman and if you say otherwise you will regret it, a gothy yet hippie environmentalist feminist who doesn't hate the penis, head in the clouds and continuously either almost narcoleptically sleepy or hyper and squeaky as hell -- but in short, faeries rule my world.

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (05-22-2009 02:33:54 PM)

#12 | Back to Top05-22-2009 02:35:06 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

I used to want to experience all the universe's beauty and intricacy in the most direct and intimate ways I possibly could, but now I just want to take a nap.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#13 | Back to Top05-22-2009 06:34:00 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

There will come a day when I can stop just day-dreaming about writing, drawing, dancing, playing my ukulele/violin and speaking other languages and actually DO these things -- but it won't be today.

Last edited by Clarice (05-22-2009 06:34:25 PM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#14 | Back to Top05-22-2009 06:59:29 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I'm really tired, so I'll try and write mine tomorrow. emot-keke

This sums me up quite well.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#15 | Back to Top05-22-2009 07:21:45 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I'm an introverted redhead, a college freshman, and a closet anime fan with a huge crush on Kyoichi Saionji.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#16 | Back to Top05-22-2009 09:38:16 PM

Touga
Seitokaicho

I am a born main character thrust unwillingly into the role of supporting actor because I'm more antisocial than the pink-haired dyke but less antisocial than the control freaks in the tower.

I also have fantastic hair.

#17 | Back to Top05-22-2009 09:44:54 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Radical dreamer, bender of imaginations, instigator of head implody, and general level 2 sick fuck.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#18 | Back to Top05-22-2009 10:34:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm the kind of person that aims for more from life than any rational person has ever been made happy by the pursuit of.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#19 | Back to Top05-23-2009 09:26:54 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Great idea, SleepDebtFairy...I'm so intrigued by what people have chosen to write about themselves...
And it was quite the exercise to try and come up with an honest one sentence.

I'm the rock that someone (who?) threw into a bottomless pool (but that's impossible),
that is actively sinking towards something that can't be reached,
by thinking/questioning/trying to understand/struggling to empathize
but never getting closer/finding answers/understanding/feeling empathized with,
and simultaneously I'm the rock who admits that sinking (but what choice do we have) isn't active,
and it means I've given up and just want to survive/feel not bad/affectionately laugh at myself and you/give and receive what flawed love there is to be had.

#20 | Back to Top05-23-2009 02:36:02 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

I'm a writer and an artist who loves learning and teaching, and wishes this world was a place that valued the arts and knowledge more than it seems to.

Last edited by hollow_rose (05-23-2009 02:36:34 PM)

20 threads dead so far.

#21 | Back to Top05-25-2009 08:19:07 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I'm a masterpiece one stroke at a time, turning the page and starting all over to get the foundation right; a shrinking violet turned purple roses; an addictive personality with an eye for detail and an ear for music; who-the-hell-do-you-think-I-am-ing; tattoo getting, moving out eternal student of life!

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#22 | Back to Top05-25-2009 09:21:17 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

I'm a star-gazing, astronaut-hopeful, language-learning, epiphany-having poet with an amazing vocabulary and spelling powers; a voracious reader with an over-achieving attitude coupled with a crippling desire to be a prince/savior, but with the shortcomings befitting Satan; a man-in-the-mind-woman-in-the-flesh Casanova style lover minus the player's notions with an affinity for the odd and a love for all things female, though not wanting to actually embody aforementioned female things, self-hating and self-praising mastermind with an obsession with very cool rings and a mother who insists on hating me, even though I'm a very good person; a person who falls in love so quickly due to constant abandonment and need of stability, and who always tends to fall in love with older people who use me; basically, I'm a work in progress.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#23 | Back to Top05-25-2009 09:44:17 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

I am a beautiful monster, full of indifferent grace, passionate stupidity, and generous greed -and I will never know the true value of myself.

Last edited by MissMocha (05-25-2009 09:46:03 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#24 | Back to Top05-25-2009 10:50:15 PM

Itsuke
Pathtracer

A person has many layers: the front I reveal to the world is polite, considerate, understanding, mild temper, soft-spoken, obedient and submissive; but underneath hides a cynic, a cheat, a liar, and a first-class hypocrite brooding with hatred; Unforgiving, I vow revenge on those who had ever wronged me; Extremely arrogant, I believe I am better than a lot of people and few has the right to criticize me, because if they really want to do so, there are more things I can criticize about them in return; nevertheless, the core of my being is an inquisitive soul who loves history and culture but always having a hard time remembering names of people and places; a cat lover more than an animal lover; an unapologetic pipe smoker/snuff taker; and a fervid daydreamer who always loves a good joke.

#25 | Back to Top05-29-2009 07:37:12 PM

Esmenet
Tenjou Tilter

I'm a reader who likes to write things, photograph things, sort-of-try to learn to draw, listen to awesome music, pretend I'm good at playing the violin, spin thread/yarn, wear jewellery, read comics, watch anime but almost never live-action shows, waste hours on TV Tropes, go for longish walks now that my parents finally let me out of the house, and wear long flowy skirts -- oh, and I'm also a lonely teenager who fails at finishing anything and has no close friends. emot-gonk

The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world. [The bird is flying to God. The name of the God is called Abraxas.]

Board footer