This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:48:54 PM

homogenized
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Would YOU go to Ohtori?

Well, would you go to Ohtori? It sure is a beautiful campus. I'm also pretty sure they actually learn stuff in their classes-- we just never see it. But there's also the oddities of it all, including but most certainly not limited to the presence of the Student Council and those horribly puffy sleeves on the uniforms. Ladies: There's also a bevy of beautiful boys.

Would you? I dunno. I probably would.

...But I would lobby for a change in those uniforms. They're just horrible. emot-biggrin

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/chokkan/guylove.jpg
The internet is a series of tubes.

#2 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:49:37 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: Would YOU go to Ohtori?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.....and YEEEESSSSS!!!!

Touga here i come!!!!!!

*Dons uniform and runs away*

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#3 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:50:26 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I doubt they'd let me in...

If I had the choice, definitely!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#4 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:51:30 PM

homogenized
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Y'know, I thought a lot of ladies would want to go just for Touga. emot-wink

I'd go for the good book learnin' school-eng101 (maybe that was just an excuse to use that smilie)

Okay, that's only part of it. It sure is a nice campus and...*shifty eyes* I'd probably go for Touga too.

#5 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:52:54 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

not just touga though....theres also the infamous "Random boy" i have spotted in tons of episodes!

#6 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:54:25 PM

homogenized
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

not just touga though....theres also the infamous "Random boy" i have spotted in tons of episodes!

Random Boy? Who might that be? Is he cute?

#7 | Back to Top01-21-2007 08:56:48 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Meet Random boy!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/RandomBoy.jpg

he was in the episodes enough to have his own random boy official character sketch! its fun playing "spot the random boy"

#8 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:13:55 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'd go to Ohtori. Hell yes. And while part of it would be to see (nail) the pretty boys, I think another part of the reason I'd go would be because that campus is gorgeous.

But then again, most of my interest would be in interacting with the characters, as they're not exactly what you find in real life. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from seeing whether I'm right on a couple of key points-- like whether you could piss Touga off really, really badly by sleeping with Nanami and Saionji, but not him. emot-keke

I bet that's a declaration of war right there. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:15:21 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

There's a fanfic in that, and no matter how well someone writes it, it's a fanfic that SOR is gonna have to take care of. emot-biggrin

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#10 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:15:25 PM

homogenized
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

Meet Random boy!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278 … domBoy.jpg

he was in the episodes enough to have his own random boy official character sketch! its fun playing "spot the random boy"

Random Boy looks a little too stoic in that shot. He needs to let the fists go and get that :-| expression off his face. Other than that, he is kinda cute.

#11 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:17:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

morosemocha wrote:

There's a fanfic in that, and no matter how well someone writes it, it's a fanfic that SOR is gonna have to take care of. emot-biggrin

Oh, I know. That's why I'd never write it. I don't think I could handle the riffing, I'm a wuss that way. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#12 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:24:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

Meet Random boy!

Meet Shoujo!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/RzMule/Shoujo.jpg
Shoujo is my favorite. Not only was Ruka hitting on her, but she was also cheering in the audience while Ruka was hitting on her! emot-aaa

I would like to go to Ohtori Academy, just as long as I don't have anything to do with the Student Council. I would love to meet Shiori... And then I would steal her away from Juri. As if that weren't enough, I would probably laugh at Juri because of it.

I could be everyone's new least favorite character. emot-biggrin

#13 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:33:52 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Damn, there seems to be lots of twins associated with this show -maybe there's something in the water?

#14 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:45:23 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

homogenized wrote:

Well, would you go to Ohtori?

Hell, yes. Who wouldn't?

#15 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:48:21 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hell. Yes. Assuming I could afford it, I'd be all over Ohtori Academy. Christ have you SEEN the state of public schools in Florida? You mean I get to go to a school where the bathrooms don't have USED PADS STUCK TO THE WALLS? And you know what? I'd take a couple child molesting teachers if they were otherwise decent teachers that didn't go to work every morning at best hoping not to kill themselves. I'd let a teacher poke his fingers around under my skirt for a decent lecture on European history. emot-mad

That said I'd be trying to get on the student council right quick, just so I didn't have to wear that awful uniform. I want something red. I suppose I'll have to submit it for approval with King Touga-sama, though. emot-rolleyes

I'd like to say I'd be a wild maniac nympho but actually in school I'm more likely to bust my ass getting A's than sleep with anyone. emot-frown And if prior experience is any sign, if I do happen to cross paths with Akio or Saionji I'll just blush and stutter and make a great big fool of myself.

Oh wait, we're fantasizing. In that case, I'll spend most of my student career riding the stick in Akio's car. You know, the one that sits in the driver's seat. school-devil

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#16 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:51:44 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

All would be right in the world if I was able to inhabit Movie Ohtori.  It's so very MC Escher (and industrial), and I love the sound of mechanical fixtures randomly changing the shape of the buildings and rooms.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (01-21-2007 09:52:06 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#17 | Back to Top01-21-2007 09:55:06 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Only if we can move Movie Akio out of Movie Ohtori. But I agree, as much as I love the series campus, I love the movie one more. emot-smile

#18 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:01:51 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

morosemocha wrote:

Only if we can move Movie Akio out of Movie Ohtori. But I agree, as much as I love the series campus, I love the movie one more. emot-smile

Only one problem with the movie-Ohtori is the damn blackboards keep moving around, that would annoy the hell out of me.

#19 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:03:04 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

:prepares to get pelted with rotten veggies:

I actually like the series school better. emot-frown Way too much asymmetry in the movie one, which, while awesome to look at, day to day would slowly drive me batshit insane. I'm a neat freak, I love all the nice clean arches and symmetrical buildings. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#20 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:08:55 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I actually like the series school better. emot-frown Way too much asymmetry in the movie one, which, while awesome to look at, day to day would slowly drive me batshit insane. I'm a neat freak, I love all the nice clean arches and symmetrical buildings. emot-frown

i completely agree with you! its mostly cause the movie school would make me puke! emot-gonk

#21 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:19:50 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I would go to Ohtori safe in the knowledge that I could wear a cool uniform I made up myself and the teachers couldn't stop me from wearing it. *hehe*

#22 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:27:50 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

No. Even without a position on the student council, just being there qualifies me as an Akio pawn, and I like being in control of my own decisions and my own life. As much as a person can, anyway. emot-keke

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#23 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:36:04 PM

Morielo
Saionji Slapper
Website

I would go to ohtori, and i would do my best to get into the student council and have my own student house.

i would go either way if its the movie or the anime version... altough i would like more the movie version...if they had some extra elevators (i guess thatīs why everyone at ohtori is in good shape, there are just so many stairs for everything.

Working on new signature, please wait

#24 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:41:45 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Giovanna wrote:

There is only two things Movie Ohtori has over Series Ohtori - better student council uniforms and the rose garden in the sky.  i have this fantasy of wanting to be somewhere it's raining rose petals.

Other than that, i agree that Series Ohtori is better.  I'd so get lost trying to find my way through Movie Ohtori.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#25 | Back to Top01-21-2007 10:44:59 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Movie Ohtori reminds me of the ever-shifting staircases in Harry Potter. You'd look for English 101 and realize it's shifted buildings, and by the time you reach it, you're in the science wing. That's why Mikage wasn't in the movie, because Nemuro would have died of exhaustion trying to get to Nemuro Hall in order to burn it down.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

Board footer