This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top04-29-2008 12:26:07 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: The shopping thread.

My work gave me a bonus in the form of 'money' that can only be spent at Danier. This is what I got:

A bomber length jacket for colder weather

A bomber length jacket for spring

A pretty suede topper with a ribbon tie in front (mine is the dark purple)

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#102 | Back to Top04-29-2008 02:11:40 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Those are cute jackets, Yasha!  I especially like the middle one.

Can anyone suggest where I could find a rather fitted formal jacket (like one you'd wear with a skirt suit)?  I need one for the wedding I'm going to, and going crazy looking for it.

Grrrrr.  Arrrrgh.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#103 | Back to Top05-03-2008 07:29:32 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Because I am such an anime geek, I had lots of fun shopping today. First I went to Tokyo Kid in Cambridge and bought the second volume of Kashimashi, which was great, since I already owned volumes 1, 3, 4, and 5. My best friend was with me, and so she bought the anime, and we watched it together afterwards. But after Tokyo Kid, we went to another awesome Japanese food store in Cambridge that I've only been to once before. I forget what it's called, but because I am such a fangirl, I positively adore shopping there. It has nothing but Japanese imported food, which is why I'm incredibly thankful to have learned to read Hiragana, and because almost all of the shoppers speak Japanese, I'm thankful to at least know enough Japanese that I can understand people while they're shopping.

I bought Taiyaki (I didn't steal it, unlike Ayu from Kanon,) dango, (like Nagisa from Clannad,) curry (gee, I wonder,) green tea ice cream, (my friend had me try green tea pocky dipped in canned green tea,) and lots of Japanese snacks. I was very happy to have found canned coffee, since I had been wanting to have some of that since the last time I went there. I have also come to the conclusion that chocolate is only good when combined with caramel, marshmallows, or bananas. Whoever created banana-chocolate candy bars has my praise. etc-love

I know that "otaku" is not a good term, but it really describes me today. emot-gonk

The mall afterwards was filled with unusual experiences. My friend and I went into a store that had mostly American comic books and only some anime stuff, and the guy who worked there was giving us the weirdest stare and asking if he could help us with anything. (Girls in that store, WTF?) Then we went into Spenser's, and a girl who worked there greeted us and mentioned that they were having a sale of playboy merchandise. (Playboy logos. Cheap. It goes well together.) Then we were at Marshall's, and some boy got caught stealing, and he was dragged off by this guy who said the police were on their way. I felt bad for him, but he shouldn't add to the stereotype that teenagers style.

I'm gonna go see if placing this coffee can in front of a moving truck with be enough to crush it.

#104 | Back to Top05-03-2008 07:42:18 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

We bought an odd blend of items today.  A weed whacker, Mario Kart for the Wii, and a soccer ball.   I can't even try to pretend to think of a way that that combination of items could be seen as kinky.

#105 | Back to Top05-04-2008 01:30:59 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I'm really lusting after nifty shirts right now.

Some RGU themed shirts on Cafepress, ones with that chest jewel (of my own creation) and a Chu-Chu one.

Moar shirts on Cafepress.

Tons of Snorg Tees, though mostly for my friends (see this baby).

And yet again, more Cafepress shirts.

Oh, wallet. You hold so much, yet give so little! emot-redface

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#106 | Back to Top05-04-2008 02:36:35 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

NajiMinkin wrote:

Chu-Chu one.

That is seriously ADORABLE. I feel lame, but the one design with the rose that says "Revolutionary Girl"? It has an arpon. I WANT IT.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#107 | Back to Top05-22-2008 06:51:19 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I WANT THIS DRESS!

But I have no legitimate reason to buy it. It's the best-fitting dress Torrid has offered me since I've shopped there. (Too much fucking spandex.) However, I have no social life, and this dress is far too fancy for 3 hours of office work.

I also like this one.  It's much more work-friendly. However, the Torrid I went to today didn't have it in my size, and it's usually the one in Houston that has 90% of the dresses.

When I go out again tomorrow, I may have to wear or bring the body armor (girdle *barf*) to try stuff on. I hate doing that, though, because if it looks good with the body armor, I have to wear it with the body armor which means it's going to sit in my closet until it's 80 degrees again.

I don't buy pants from there anymore, at least not until this low-rise BS is over. So I looked at tops, but the majority of them are not work-friendly. (I have very little non-work attire anymore.) I like this one, but it's too questionable due to the middle-aged harpies at the office.

So....yeah. I think I'm getting too old to shop there. emot-frown

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#108 | Back to Top05-23-2008 01:15:00 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I love that top huzza for torrid.
http://perfumehome.com/wangelperfume-1.html I want this bad.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#109 | Back to Top05-23-2008 04:17:51 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I ended up getting that top at Torrid today. emot-dance
And I also got this dress. The pattern is really damn loud, but it's good camouflage for my lumpy midsection.

That perfume sounds good, like, dessert good.

#110 | Back to Top05-23-2008 08:23:52 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I got two comic books for a dollar [Deathstroke The Terminator Annual 2 "Bloodlines -- Deathstorm", and Robin #9 "KnightsEnd Aftermath"], and Fujoshi Rumi by Natsumi Konjoh [which happens to be the cutest manga I have yeeeeee] which I got 25% off. emot-biggrin emot-biggrin emot-biggrin

#111 | Back to Top05-25-2008 03:52:38 PM

dollface
Website

So... bought a shit load of Death Note merch, but some other things, too!

-3 buttons. Technically, I only bought two (Mello and Light), but I found a third (Shikamaru).
-A yuri tag. As much as I love yaoi, the con was overrun with fangirls, and I needed to do my part for great yuri classics.
-An Asuka poster. THE BEST PURCHASE EVAR.
-6 prints. One large print of Utena, a smaller print of Utena and Anthy, one of Asuka, one of the Sailor Senshi (Minako is too delicious to pass up), one of Light and Misa-Misa, and one of Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin.
-A Light Yagami plush, as well as a Misa-Misa to keep him company. My friend bought her own L, the last of the bunch. We had a grand time in the hotel.
-My very own Death Note!
-A super amazingly cute Mello magnet.
-A Death Note necklace (a gift for a friend).
-A NANA necklace (a gift for myself).
-A Jigoku Shoujo wallet.
-Of course, some Pocky.

It has been an expensive weekend. emot-gonk But I couldn't be happier. I'll post some pictures of the prints later, because they're very nice, and two are SKU related.

#112 | Back to Top06-18-2008 03:49:07 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

#113 | Back to Top06-18-2008 04:08:47 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OMG, that stuff is SO CUTE!  I saw a few shirts that made me say, "Ooh, I could wear those to work if I could fit into them."

#114 | Back to Top06-18-2008 06:27:28 PM

dollface
Website

emot-aaa I must have this...

#115 | Back to Top06-18-2008 09:53:44 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I've wanted this for too damn long. Someday, I will have this coat. ...Probably in dark red. I'd prefer a magenta or something though. D:

I've bought too many pokemon cards lately. Also, the first season of Whitest Kids U Know. ahh,Trevor~

#116 | Back to Top06-19-2008 09:57:29 AM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

allegoriest wrote:

I've wanted this for too damn long. Someday, I will have this coat. ...Probably in dark red. I'd prefer a magenta or something though. D:

That doesn't look lolita. Or gothic. If it were gothic, it'd be black. If it were lolita, it'd have more ruffles and be more cutesy. All I see is ELEGANT. I approve of the coat, but not of it's description.

I just want that piano tie. I'd have nothing to wear it with, but I am lusting for it mightily.

Last edited by Mishi (06-19-2008 09:58:14 AM)

#117 | Back to Top06-19-2008 04:33:38 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Mishi wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

That doesn't look lolita. Or gothic. If it were gothic, it'd be black. If it were lolita, it'd have more ruffles and be more cutesy. All I see is ELEGANT. I approve of the coat, but not of it's description.

That's because it's under the category of Elegant Gothic Lolita or EGL. We do have a local Lolita expert (PAGING KTK!), and she can explain it better.

For the purposes of Westernization, I think of EGL as a more regimented version of Romantigoth.

#118 | Back to Top06-19-2008 05:48:50 PM

dollface
Website

Mishi wrote:

If it were gothic, it'd be black.

Well, it does come in black.

#119 | Back to Top06-19-2008 05:56:26 PM

Mishi
Pained Growlithe

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Mishi wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

That's because it's under the category of Elegant Gothic Lolita or EGL. We do have a local Lolita expert (PAGING KTK!), and she can explain it better.

For the purposes of Westernization, I think of EGL as a more regimented version of Romantigoth.

I dunno, I just think lolita is a creepy name for a type of clothing mostly worn by young women. It's kinda like saying: 'Hai, look at me, I'm a prepubescent girl, aren't I sexy?!' If it was called anything different I wouldn't be so weirded.

#120 | Back to Top06-19-2008 06:00:34 PM

dollface
Website

Utena must shop here.

Now I know how she switched from a blonde on volume one to our rosy heroine in volume two.

#121 | Back to Top06-19-2008 07:40:07 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Aside from the Xbox I bought with my confirmation money, I also bought a new bathing. I've wanted a new one for months now, but it's hard to find a good one during the winter. Now there's a million of them on sale, which offers a much better selection.

#122 | Back to Top06-19-2008 11:34:46 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

allegoriest wrote:

Sweet Jesus. I need this. It's only 80bux.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#123 | Back to Top06-20-2008 01:29:06 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

...you do need that. You would totally pimp that. SRSLY.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#124 | Back to Top06-20-2008 02:19:31 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Wait Razara, you bought a... what? emot-confused
whatever it is, you should buy the kitty a matching one.
(still squeeing over your cat, yes X__x)

If you do order that shirt Giovanna, please tell me how much it is with shipping? (has wanted it for years X__x)

(err, I'm not feeling well, this might not make sense.)
While that isn't really Lolita, i think its just basically trying to get it to the demographic that would probably want it.

And of course, not all goth people always wear black. (nor all Lolita) Shiro Lolita for example is mostly white and Sweet Lolita are usually in cutesy pinks and flower prints. (I think Mana has to have actually breathed onto something to make it EGL or EGA since they're subs of Moi-Meme-Moitie) It's also more a kind of victorian thing than actual goth.

I apparently fall into the gothic aristocrat area, and all of my lolis call me a dandy.
...Of course, I don't think of myself as Goth, I think of myself as fancy.

...I dind't really buy this, but my mom got me a Chimecho in a pokeball. kinda cool.

#125 | Back to Top06-20-2008 09:51:44 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I wish I could wear something like this.  It's so cute, but I'd look like an idiot in it.  I hate that I love fashions that would look absolutely ridiculous on me. emot-frown

Plus, I wouldn't know if red would look good or not, and I prefer it to the black version, so...emot-frown

Board footer