This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top07-06-2007 09:50:28 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Re: Dreams

Razara wrote:

But I couldn't fly, for some reason. Kealdrea says it was because I didn't believe that I could fly. I think it might be because someone on the forum mentioned that when they tried it, they could only hover for a few seconds. Next time I'll try to believe that I can fly.

Ack, I'm sorry if I contributed to non-flight! emot-frown Did you try swimming through the air? That's my plan for next time.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#127 | Back to Top07-06-2007 10:26:03 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Ragnarok wrote:

Razara wrote:

But I couldn't fly, for some reason. Kealdrea says it was because I didn't believe that I could fly. I think it might be because someone on the forum mentioned that when they tried it, they could only hover for a few seconds. Next time I'll try to believe that I can fly.

Ack, I'm sorry if I contributed to non-flight! emot-frown Did you try swimming through the air? That's my plan for next time.

Next time I'd like to try flying with wings. If you imagine that you'll have wings when you look behind you, then you will. I'm sure that I won't have trouble believing that I can fly if I have those.

I still need to make some sort of plan for lucid dreams. I've had two so far, and it always comes as such a surprise to me. It's like I'll be in the middle of doing something, and then suddenly it occurs to me that I have to do something completely different with very little time. Kind of like being on a game show. I wasn't even going to try flying again, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

#128 | Back to Top07-07-2007 04:09:10 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Razara wrote:

Next time I'd like to try flying with wings. If you imagine that you'll have wings when you look behind you, then you will. I'm sure that I won't have trouble believing that I can fly if I have those.

I'll have to keep that in mind, too. emot-smile

The last lucid dream I had, people kept bumping into me so that I couldn't do anything. emot-frown I think my subconscious hates me.

#129 | Back to Top07-09-2007 06:37:24 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I had a very random dream last night.  It involved me going to Japan with two moderately cute guys I've probably never met. We end up going to either a bar or a brothel and wind up with two Japanese girls who speak only speak English well enough to make decent conversation. Then a bunch of strange, IFD-ish things start happening and I woke up.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#130 | Back to Top07-09-2007 07:10:24 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I had a very random dream last night.  It involved me going to Japan with two moderately cute guys I've probably never met. We end up going to either a bar or a brothel and wind up with two Japanese girls who speak only speak English well enough to make decent conversation. Then a bunch of strange, IFD-ish things start happening and I woke up.

I've had a similar thing happened to me too a few weeks back :/ Except, for me, it's somewhere in England, or wherever there's one of those old stone-made tower/castle.

Another weird dream I've had was this dream back in kindergarten days. I couldn't remember much anymore, but I know it involved TMNT and a giant flying kite and really, really bright sun emot-gonk

#131 | Back to Top07-10-2007 04:53:25 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I had a nightmare which in my friend wounded me (punch on my back). I fell down and she went away. Then I crawled to the tend where nurse took care of me. I was bleeding and I called my brother to say that I love him and I'm dying. Then I died. It was so real, I had problems with breathing and I didn't want to fall asleep again. Brrr... emot-gonk

#132 | Back to Top07-10-2007 07:20:39 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Oh, I hate that. When you have a nightmare and it doesn't quite leave you when you wake up... I once had a dream that a lion was coming through the back porch and trying to get into the house. This was back when I lived with my parents. Anyway, it had come into the porch, and I was trying to shut the back door before it came in, but there was a strong draft resisting me. I could feel the cold draft, and when the lion got up to the door, I woke up, terrified. And I could feel the draft on me. It was the air conditioner.emot-rolleyes

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#133 | Back to Top07-24-2007 10:57:40 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I had a shitty fucking nightmare last night. The kind that makes you say, "I'LL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN, I FEEL DIRTY!!!"emot-frown

There’s the relative of mine who died, his name was Jimmy and we were very close. Rarely can a family member have a conversation with me without my bringing up, “Well, Jimmy used to say…” or, “As Jimmy would have wanted…” or, “Need to live up to the standard Jimmy set by…”

This recent birthday of mine makes me the same age that he was when he died, 26. I was 24 back when it happened. I worried that if I get older than Jimmy, would I still remember him as the close confidant he was, or will be start to appear to me like a young boy as I age past his own? My mother, who lost her father when she was a little girl, said NO, the people who die remain in their fixed roles. Just because she’s older than her father was when he died, doesn’t mean she thinks of him as a young man, he still remains every bit the exalted father figure.

I have another relative who shares the name Jimmy. He’s also the same age as Jimmy, and they grew up quite closely. My Jimmy lived with me for several years when we were younger, but he also lived with the other Jimmy…who we will call JAMES to keep the story straight. I wasn’t ever very close to James, and as Jimmy got older, he distanced himself from James - who was into partying and drinking and drugging, while my Jimmy was into self-exploration, spirituality, and evolving into a better man. After my Jimmy died, James really straightened his life up…used the example of Jimmy. James did so well, that Jimmy’s mother decided to give him Jimmy's old Bible to commemorate his immediate turn-around.

Back to my shitty fucking nightmare… Jimmy & I were both little kids, and I think we were making mud pies and visiting each other, wearing those ugly 80's athletic, short-shorts with the stripe down the side, so HAPPY! Suddenly, I transform into an adult, and I am torturing the remaining Jimmy (James). I had a pair of pliers in my hand, and I am almost certain I pulled a few of James teeth out. I may have said something to the effect of, “Why are you the one who lived?” As this is going on, my dream switches back to being a child, playing with my Jimmy, who is now angry with me for what I’ve said & done to James. The scenes switch back and forth, one minute I’m an adult screaming at James, waving a pair of pliers in front of his face, the next, I’m a child listening to my Jimmy rebuke me for my attitude. Eventually, James is sick of humoring me (I suppose he wasn’t fighting back, just listening) and is ready to beat my ass! I can tell that my moment has nearly arrived to get the crap kicked out of me, when I suddenly wake up! THANK GOD!!!!

What a terrible dream!!! emot-frown What a terrible person!!! emot-frown I can’t believe I dreamed that! emot-aaa emot-aaa emot-aaa

I’m not close enough with James to ever give him the cold shoulder over Jimmy’s death, nor do I think he’s responsible in the least! Jimmy’s mother, on the other hand, just recently expressed that exact opinion to me that it was unfair her son died and the family fuck-up gets a second chance. I told her that was a wicked attitude to have and Jimmy would have gladly given his life if it would have helped just one person in turn their life around. But, that doesn't excuse the fact that in my dream *I* was the one representing the horrible attitude, and WHY THE FUCK WAS I CARRYING PLIERS like a psychopath??? That freaks me out! If I dream about a murderer or a monster, or something really vicious, it’s scary but at least I can say I was just watching the action. HERE, I was the one doing the dirty deed!!! To my credit, I don’t remember physically using the pliers at all during the dream, they were just in my hand, and James seemed pissed off enough that I assumed I had. STILL, why were they there? That is fucked up!

edit: to remove his middle name, so my family doesn't find my ramblings when they search for mentions of him online.

Last edited by Frosty (08-17-2007 08:58:14 PM)

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#134 | Back to Top07-24-2007 01:15:42 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Frosty that sounds like an awful nightmare. emot-frown As traumatic as it was, don't let it convince you that you're a bad person! It sounds like the dream came from what Jimmy's mother said, not from your own deduction. And remember that the people in your dream are also a part of your subconscious. Even if the 'active' part of you was doing a bad thing; Jimmy in your dream, who chastising you for it, is your own conscience speaking.

The fact that you feel so upset for even having the dream, both during and afterwards, shows you don't really feel this way towards James. It's like a though exercise where your subconscious tests whether or not you agree with Jimmy's mother on what she said.

#135 | Back to Top07-24-2007 01:42:51 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Seconding Ragnarok.  And if dreams are meaningful at all, they cloak their meanings well; for me, at least, it's very unusual for my dreams' surface meaning to make any sense, and I have to go deeper and look at symbolism to find the true meaning.  Once I dreamed I was being anally violated by my mother.  That doesn't make it a deep, repressed desire of mine.  emot-smile

#136 | Back to Top07-24-2007 09:26:44 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Thanks for the understanding. Yes, yes, you both are right! I usually get to make a choice in my dreams, this one was set up with the violence already in place by the time I flashed over. And, I just look forward to those reuniting dreams So Much, I want them to be special, grand occassions. ;__;  I only have maybe 2 per year, if I‘m lucky.. I wish this one weren't spent engaging in such demented conversation. It's silly, but I do like to grab the sentences he says to me within dreams and rake them for possible meaning and guidance - ha, the only substantial advice from this meeting I received was: Don't Threaten People With Pliers!!! emot-tongue

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

#137 | Back to Top07-25-2007 07:47:17 AM

Kealdrea
Anthy Assailer

Razara wrote:

I still need to make some sort of plan for lucid dreams. I've had two so far, and it always comes as such a surprise to me. It's like I'll be in the middle of doing something, and then suddenly it occurs to me that I have to do something completely different with very little time. Kind of like being on a game show. I wasn't even going to try flying again, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

I've been having a bunch of lucid dreams lately and, like you, I thought it would be a good idea to make a plan for what to do. ;_; But then when I got into the lucid dream, my dream self didn't listen to my waking self, and I just did whatever I wanted. I'd be like "Oh, yeah! When I was awake I wanted to do some math to make sure my logic was working. ...Screw that. I'm gonna do all the stuff I didn't want to do when I was awake!"

Stupid dream-self. >_> Thinks she's so cool just because she can do anything.

Jitsu wa hitode desu...

#138 | Back to Top08-08-2007 05:35:08 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

All right my friends, the last dream crisis was solved, but I have another puzzler, which is this: Within the past week, this is my second morning to wake up from a dream in which a dog was helping me throughout the entire dream, only to find out in the end of the dream that the dog was pure EVIL. In the first dream, I escaped the haunted house with the help of a giant golden retriever, but at the end of that dream when I turned around to look at him - his eyes were giant red orbs, and a narration voice said, "In reality, the dog was your most powerful enemy."

Then, last night, I had a weird dream that there was a town without meat in it, and all the townspeople kept complaining that they wanted their meat, but no one wanted to touch the meat that was already there because it could have been/almost surely was by dream logic - poisoned. Anyway, a little dog appeared, a Yorkshire Terrier, if I had to guess the breed - and we were trapped in a meat market, and the dog helped me spell out a word ( a secret code) to get out of the building. But, the word he spelled, although it did open the door and let me out, also spelled the name of a demon. So at the end, all the townspeople crowding around asking me why I was carrying around a devil with me, and I told them because he was helping me.

I know that dreams are just the brains way of working of mental stresses - but this is getting to be a reoccurring theme! I love dogs, and I am scared of evil - so why are the two opposing forces linked together? I usually don't mind scary dreams cause I wasn't allowed to watch horror movies when I was little so the dreams always seem like a free movie to me - but I don't like the feeling of my trust in the dogs being misplaced, at the end of the dream - it's always a giant shock! Like, walking in on someone cheating on you - that's what finding out about the evil dog feels like. Weird, huh? Well, if nobody knows why - and I doubt this kind of thing can be deciphered, at least it was an entertaining read. emot-biggrin

edit to add: No I haven't been playing any video games in which the main character is a girl who is helped around by a dog, although I have played those before, it's not recent.

Last edited by Frosty (08-08-2007 05:39:46 AM)

#139 | Back to Top08-08-2007 01:10:02 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Maybe you're worried that someone in your life right now isn't everything they appear to be? Or maybe not a person, it could be a situation which looks like it's too good to be true. It could even be an ideal you've held onto for some time and have begun to question.

Frosty wrote:

I don't like the feeling of my trust in the dogs being misplaced, at the end of the dream - it's always a giant shock! Like, walking in on someone cheating on you - that's what finding out about the evil dog feels like.

If that's how it feels, it may well be what your subconscious is getting at. Not that someone's cheating on you, per se, a general fear of being betrayed.

Another theory could be worrying that someone else may accuse you of misplacing your faith. In both these dreams it's an 'outside' force which reveals the dogs to be evil. Red eyes aside, can you be sure that the narrating voice was speaking the truth? Or that the townspeople were correct in calling the yorkie a demon? Do you have any apprehension about believing something that others don't?

#140 | Back to Top08-12-2007 09:14:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I know I'm a bit late, but seconding Ragnarok's idea that some situation in your life might not be the way it seems. Is there anything that you've doubted a bit lately, but then told yourself you were being silly? It might be a good idea to look closer. Of course, the dreams might be a reaction to the doubt rather than anything real... but the only cure for that is to try and look at your situation with clear eyes, regardless of what you want or fear.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#141 | Back to Top08-17-2007 03:32:16 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I had a dream which in David Hasselhoff was trying to learn "bad boys" how to dance with disguises from "Saturday Night Fever", and no one wanted to dance with him. It was a trap, because this meeting supposed to be Krav Maga lesson.

#142 | Back to Top08-17-2007 07:58:13 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Haven't seen David Hasselhoff in ages. Speaking of celebrities, I had a dream last night where I went to this contest where you win prizes if you can tell from just one random screenshot of ANY movie ever aired in history of mankind which movie that screenshot come from. For mine, I got a screenshot from the movie Rent. I can even hear someone screaming in the background, "IT'S RENT! YOU IDIOT!! SAY RENT!!" Just when I was about to answer it, I woke up emot-gonk

#143 | Back to Top08-20-2007 03:23:54 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

I dreamed I hung out with Hugh Laurie.

It was rockin. cool

#144 | Back to Top08-20-2007 06:37:25 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I had another lucid dream a little while ago. The day before I had the dream, I was all excited over the idea of having a lucid dream where I would run around in circles while flailing my arms. (Don't ask me why, but I just really wanted to do that.) When I realized that I was dreaming, I tried to run in a circle, but I couldn't even move for a second. I ran in a complete circle, and then stopped, and just stood there until the dream ended. I forgot to flail my arms, too.

How disappointing. emot-frown

#145 | Back to Top08-20-2007 06:48:45 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Last week, I had a rather weird dream.  It involved Paradox, Peach Girl's Sae, and Anno (yea, the Eva guy).  In it, Sae was leading all the girls of my high school against me, because they were all jealous that Paradox and I were dating (first off, he didn't go to my high school, and second, we're married not dating...but my dreams are almost always set in high school) and thought I "stole" him from some previous girlfriend.  The bitch tried to drown me at one point.  While all that was going on, Paradox and I were also going to a convention where we met Anno.  We were on a boat (him, Paradox, Sae, some other guy, and I) when all of the sudden Anno tried to, well, rape me.  It was weird.  Paradox was going after him when I woke up.

I never want to see Anno's face again.  That was just creepy, even knowing it was just a dream the entire time. emot-gonk

#146 | Back to Top08-20-2007 08:11:09 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

I have chronic nightmares. emot-gonk

Apart from that, I often have long and elaborate dreams that tell a story-- usually me in quest to accomplish some goal, explore a place, or defeat some enemy.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#147 | Back to Top08-20-2007 10:33:32 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Lately, my sexual dreams have all been puns.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was trying to feel myself up, but I didn't like it all that much. I thought I was coming to terms with my extreme narcisism, but then I realized that the boy I like uses screenname "Me" for practically everything. It makes sense; he keeps resisting my advances. emot-mad Pooface.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#148 | Back to Top09-15-2007 11:14:36 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I had a dream I was writing a fic about a threesome with Juri, Shiori, and Miki. It was hot. o_o

#149 | Back to Top09-15-2007 06:46:08 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I had a dream about a weasel, who became super intelligent after being injected with a serum derived from strawberries.

What does this say about me as a person?

#150 | Back to Top09-15-2007 11:17:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It says you secretly desire strawberry-to-weasel contact.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer