This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-14-2010 10:41:17 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Re: Things you are working on

I'm working on a few clothing "alteration" projects. I do these from time to time but haven't done any in a while, but I've been newly inspired! Mostly from getting hand-me-downs from a friend, and some of them are plain and can use decorating.. so far I have:

2 plain white t-shirts. No ideas yet, but I'm thinking of painting my "Twilight ruined sparkling for me" logo on one of them.
1 plain white long-sleeve shirt
1 plain white tank-top. For this one I plan to sew some fake ivy leaves at the very top part, maybe a fake flower too. This one is kind of Poison Ivy inspired. I have a green leotard with fake ivy leaves I've already sewn on all over it for my past Halloween nymph costume, so I have plenty of extra leaves.. this one will be more wearable not as a costume though.

I also have a pair of jeans (that fit me! YAY!) that my friend gave me and they have cute small pockets on the front so I'm planning on doing a simple little matching design on each one.. I just haven't decided yet. Hearts? Skulls? Cupcakes? Flowers? Butterflies? Some kind of symbol? I can't decide.. so many possibilities.

Hopefully I can get at least one of these knocked out tonight!

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (01-14-2010 10:42:15 PM)

#27 | Back to Top01-15-2010 10:43:12 AM

Katieryn
Rose Smilee

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

I also have a pair of jeans (that fit me! YAY!) that my friend gave me and they have cute small pockets on the front so I'm planning on doing a simple little matching design on each one.. I just haven't decided yet. Hearts? Skulls? Cupcakes? Flowers? Butterflies? Some kind of symbol? I can't decide.. so many possibilities.

Cupcakes! That sounds adorable.

Me, I'm editing and organizing my poetry portfolio, from a pile of files strewn about my computer to a centralized location, backed up at least twice. I'm also going to type up my favorites on my typewriter and file these hard copies somewhere.

"If Utena was a novel, you'd be studying it in college." -- EM site info

We're patient for now, and we're patient for tomorrow, when the past will redeem all the toil extreme and all the sorrow.

#28 | Back to Top01-20-2010 11:35:30 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I have decided to pick up an abandoned story concept from 2006 and see if i can finish it. It's a rather daunting task, but it's original inception was based on a challenge.

Basically a multi-chapter fic about Shiori and Wakaba getting together.

This is a tricky one, but I've been mulling over old notes and inspirations and I think it might be doable.

Into the fire I go.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#29 | Back to Top01-21-2010 04:04:00 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

I'm using this to put together the main characters from an old Sailormoon fic I never wrote up on the net for all to see.

The concept was that the power of the planets would incarnate themselves-some less less occasionally than others. Parts of it were definitely fan fix stuff, but it was the first time I'd seriously worked on a fanfiction. I was in Middle School when I came up with most of it. I'm surprised I remember anything at all. The thought was that agents of Chaos had come and killed most of them framing Earth, hoping that their disappearance would cause a fracture in relations between the heavily populated Earth and the other planets. It did.

Each are senshi named after the castles and not all were born at the same time. Sailorcharon was forced to name Pluto as the guardian of the Door of Time and Space and quickly took action, bringing Deimos, one of only three survivors, due to her being only being a newborn. Phobos was separated due to a civil war going on Mars and was turned, though her Star Seed was left intact. Phobos ends up the main villain, ala Queen Beryl.

Traveling to the future, she finds the Amazon Trio reborn and gives Deimos to them to raise. They end up forming a circus, where Deimos grows up to be a circus performer. She also manipulates time and gets Chibi-Usa's daughter to fully purify Tin Nyanko, leaving a construct to die in her place, as not to disturb the time stream. Tin Nyanko becomes The Atoner (who is somewhat bipolar) who watches Deimos grow up until Phobos gets to Earth. She fills Luna/Artemis's role, though she has limits placed on her for her actions under Galaxia.

The big thing is that the moon was destroyed, killing Chibi-Usa, her daughter and all but two senshi. Two shards remain, though a lot of people were killed in the ensuing chaos, lasting five hundred years. It had been foretold that it would happen when a princess was born with an "amethyst moon seal"-Chibi-Usa's granddaughter. The queen had adopted another girl-both girls were brought to the future with Deimos and Tin Nyanko, though they grew up largely on the run.

The other big thing is the huge age differences between the senshi, two being old women (Miranda/Uranus and Triton/Neptune), a third being four years old (Magellan/Venus).

Quite well thought out for being a pre-adolescent, I'd think.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#30 | Back to Top01-23-2010 05:56:07 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Future achievements:

Teaching myself Spanish guitar
Learning how to knit better, facilitating the creation of little catnip mice for my kitten.
Making a mural out of chainmaille
Learning more about food science, specifically artisan bread baking.
Learn how to create etchings with a car battery

...And many many more things that are being pre-empted by watching DVD boxed sets of Big Love.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#31 | Back to Top07-21-2010 08:27:51 PM

useme_imbeautiful
Saionji Slapper

things i NEED to work on but i never get to it is sign up for a photography class, learn how to drive and finally save my money up instead of spending it. i must admit im a shopaholic.

i want him.

#32 | Back to Top07-21-2010 08:47:37 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

useme_imbeautiful wrote:

things i NEED to work on but i never get to it is sign up for a photography class, learn how to drive and finally save my money up instead of spending it. i must admit im a shopaholic.

Thiiiiis.   I failed my temps test by one fucking question last saturday.  I haven't studied since April (which was when I was supposed to take the test in the first place) and I'm too damn lazy to do it now.

#33 | Back to Top07-21-2010 08:50:59 PM

useme_imbeautiful
Saionji Slapper

Im too lazy to even try, heheh.  But i need to because i want a car of my own.

i want him.

#34 | Back to Top07-22-2010 01:06:21 AM

AnimentalCosplayer
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Everyone sounds so busy && like they're doing interesting stuff emot-biggrin

I just finished making some latkes ((I can be so Jewish sometimes. -If you didn't know, I actually am Jewish. lol)) && packing/ironing stuff for Comic-Con tomorrow. My friends && I didn't actually get tickets but we have an awesome place to stay && plan to run around outside, go to the outdoor events && hang with some friends actually going. We're gonna cosplay && stuff too.
Besides that, school && work...rather boring, no? xD

<3AnimentalCosplayer<3

~*~ Youtube: youtube.com/animentalcosplayer ~*~
~*~ dA: animentalcosplayer.deviantart.com ~*~

#35 | Back to Top07-22-2010 01:23:46 AM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Alithea wrote:

I have decided to pick up an abandoned story concept from 2006 and see if i can finish it. It's a rather daunting task, but it's original inception was based on a challenge.

Basically a multi-chapter fic about Shiori and Wakaba getting together.

This is a tricky one, but I've been mulling over old notes and inspirations and I think it might be doable.

Into the fire I go.

Godspeed, Alithea.

My current main project is to actually get somewhere on studying Lao and Chinese before the summer is over and I start the grad program in linguistics.  I've really been kind of failing at that, despite having the books.

Lao isn't actually going terribly badly; I just need to be more diligent so the characters stick in my head better.  But the script is starting to make sense, the tones are pretty much the same as Hmong (which I'm able to at least say a few things in) and so are the sounds for the most part.

But Mandarin's sounds are crazy and there are clearly more radicals than I know what to do with.  And pinyin sucks.  I've given up on trying to do anything but try to learn what pinyin sequences tie to what in IPA; the pinyin clearly doesn't sound like it looks, which makes me wonder what the fucking point of having the romanization system is.

Board footer