This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#76 | Back to Top08-05-2007 08:36:07 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Re: vIRGin Meet in NYC? LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR SEXY FUN TIME <3 <3

I'm willing to stay in whatever hotel Mocha's rate will be for (as long as it's convenient enough to Manhattan) without the discount rate since Paradox and I are being like newlyweds and want to be on our own. emot-biggrin  We never had a honeymoon, so we were planning on taking one for our 5 year wedding anniversary.  Looks like NYC is going to be it.  Any romantic ideas for us?  We might stay a day or two longer than the rest of the group as necessary.

I think having as many people as possible in one hotel would be a lot of fun, that way there isn't so much late, late night traveling after long stretches of SKU misinterpretation.  Just stumbling back to the room where sleep will occur. school-devil  As long as my room is far from the room from where the party's happening, because I'm a bitch when noise interrupts my sleep. emot-tongue

#77 | Back to Top08-05-2007 08:43:26 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

This is something you need to get over sometime, don't you think? And wouldn't you like to go for it at a time when there will be such lovely people waiting for you on the other end? I mean, Mocha, Gio, and Yasha will be there for sure! And half-a-dozen other beautiful women are fairly likely as well. If you do think you'll be able to make it, make sure you don't room alone, that way you're less likely to get lost on the way to stuff.emot-wink

I know, I know. You people are awesome, so I wouldn't be surprised if after a few days in NY I'd be turned into an illegal immigrant who refuses to go back. emot-redface

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#78 | Back to Top08-05-2007 08:56:14 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Maarika wrote:

I know, I know. You people are awesome, so I wouldn't be surprised if after a few days in NY I'd be turned into an illegal immigrant who refuses to go back. emot-redface

I'd be happy to hide you in my closet. It's spacious.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#79 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:18:57 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

If I'm able to do this, I'd probably stay at the Carlton Arms too because I'm cheap. And I'd have to have a single because none of you would survive sharing a room with me. I'm kind of torn between the private vs. shared bathroom, though. I'm kind of fond of the bathtub, though. I like to soak...but I'm oversharing.

As for when to do this, May is fine. I'm betting Memorial Day Weekend would be a bitch.. In my mind though, it would have to be a weekend for those of us who can't take a week off, so I'd have to leave Thursday after work and fly that night with me returning on Sunday.

However, I say all this without knowing what the hell I'll be doing then.

I started looking at travel packages and they all suck. I haven't seen anything for less than $900 so far. So I'll have to do the Carlton, and probably fly Jet Blue. At the moment, it's looking like it will cost me around $700 total, $1000 with spending money. If Jet Blue has another Houston/NYC special like they have now, I'll save around $75-$100, which will knock me down to around $600.

Now if my job and my finances don't fight me, it's totally doable, overprotective aunt or not. She doesn't have to know I'm going. school-devil

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#80 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:19:41 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Mocha, I'd like to tentatively sign up for one of those discounted rooms, too.

Say, how will the Hilton know if we cram six people into a room?

#81 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:28:00 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I started looking at travel packages and they all suck. I haven't seen anything for less than $900 so far. So I'll have to do the Carlton, and probably fly Jet Blue. At the moment, it's looking like it will cost me around $700 total, $1000 with spending money. If Jet Blue has another Houston/NYC special like they have now, I'll save around $75-$100, which will knock me down to around $600.

Are you using Yahoo!Travel? I was looking for prices too, and (flying from Barcelona to Paris and then to JFK-NYC) the price range I found there goes from 450$ to 1000$ for return tickets. emot-confused

#82 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:33:19 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Mocha, I'd like to tentatively sign up for one of those discounted rooms, too.

Say, how will the Hilton know if we cram six people into a room?

Hidden cameras. They're everywhere.emot-tongue

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#83 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:35:56 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Is there an option to get the tapes afterwards? You know, as a memento? (:

#84 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:37:02 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Asfalolh wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Are you using Yahoo!Travel? I was looking for prices too, and (flying from Barcelona to Paris and then to JFK-NYC) the price range I found there goes from 450$ to 1000$ for return tickets. emot-confused

I was using Travelocity(same as Yahoo! travel) or Orbitz. And the prices are for round trip tickets and 3 nights in a hotel room, most of them in New Jersey.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#85 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:47:19 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Ok, now I understand why it's so expensive emot-keke

I'm not in, I'm so jealous of you all that are. I can't tell lies, especially to my family, and their reaction will be "You? Alone? With a group of Internet freakies you know nothing about? Have you gone crazy?", even if I avoid telling them about IFD emot-biggrin
... emot-frown

Besides, it's so freaking expensive, and, though I like traveling by plane, I have the feeling that such a jet-lag could mess up my trip emot-frown And traveling alone is not something I enjoy doing, either. Though I would love to try if I can get to NY emot-keke

emot-frown

#86 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:53:39 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Well, Asfalolh... If everything goes well in Barcelona & if I get to go to NY, you wouldn't be lying if you said you're meeting up with a friend you know from RL. cool

#87 | Back to Top08-05-2007 11:54:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

:hug: Wish you could make it, Asfalolh.  If things change and you can get here after all, there'll be a real-life :hug: waiting for you on the other end!

#88 | Back to Top08-05-2007 12:10:53 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

'Kay, what about an European IRG meeting in Paris? 8D

Hey, if you Eurotypes that can't get here want to organize a minimeet around the same time over there, that would be awesome. emot-smile But that said, I have every intention of this con being a success, which means I intend to do it again. Who is to say where we might end up down the road? Yasha and I are very interested in travel abroad and we would love to drag a few of you with us. emot-biggrin

Sorry to hear about the internship though... when will it be over? emot-frown

Flying from Spain to NY is way too expensive, i need to fix too many papers, DNI, etc... and i don't really think that my mom (in this situation specially) would let me go, in any circunstances.

Going to Paris, or any other place inside Europe it's cheaper, but think, if traveling inside your own country is expensive, traveling to another country it's a torture to my wallet....

Asfalolh, we can see us in the salon del manga de Barcelona this year, maaaaybe i'll go... emot-biggrin and anyone interested, the salon del manga de Barcelona it's the biggest anime convention in Spain, once per year.... and i'll go cosplaying as Mikage poptart with a friend cosplaying as Poptart.

The internship will over in some weeks ._.

#89 | Back to Top08-05-2007 01:06:08 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Arki wrote:

Well, Asfalolh... If everything goes well in Barcelona & if I get to go to NY, you wouldn't be lying if you said you're meeting up with a friend you know from RL. cool

emot-aaa I hadn't thought about it, and it COULD work.
The main problem now is how to explain them that I want to fly 6.000 miles for a con. It crashes with their mentality. emot-gonk

satyreyes wrote:

:hug: Wish you could make it, Asfalolh.  If things change and you can get here after all, there'll be a real-life :hug: waiting for you on the other end!

Thanks, satyr. emot-wink etc-love

If I manage to make some money in the next months, maybe, just maybe, it could be possible. I have some savings, but I don't want to fly with no money for emergences. I will look for a partial-time job, though the semester looks hard.

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Asfalolh, we can see us in the salon del manga de Barcelona this year, maaaaybe i'll go...

I will be looking forward to it emot-dance

Last edited by Asfalolh (08-05-2007 01:08:13 PM)

#90 | Back to Top08-05-2007 01:35:24 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

Ahhhh, this seems exciting etc-loveetc-loveetc-love, but...

Unfortunately, I will be in the middle of the last half of twelfth grade, which means I will have lots (or at least fairly important) of stuff to do.  And work must come first, sadly.  And, y'know, I don't know how I'll convince my parents to let me go. XD  Sorry guys.

Maybe next time if you guys will be in SF, since I'll probably still be living in the east bay.school-devil

EDIT: However, I did live in NYC for twelve years, so yeah, I could answer people's questions too.  And ZOMG, I would so go to the museum of natural history AND the met.  People who have never been to NYC: If you plan on going to the Rose Center, you have no idea how f*cking awesome a time you will have. /nerd

Last edited by Drukqs (08-05-2007 01:44:26 PM)

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#91 | Back to Top08-05-2007 02:50:52 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I've been briefly researching train tickets, and I've been thinking. How about meeting up in a central location of a state (or states), and traveling in a group? Group travel appears to be cheaper than going individually, not tomention you have buddies so you're not bored on an 6-8 hour trip.

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#92 | Back to Top08-05-2007 03:29:06 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Cerise wrote:

Any romantic ideas for us?

CARRIAGE RIDE. CENTRAL PARK. It's only a little cheesy, but totally beautiful. I have a picture of my parents on one, and it's one of the sweetest pictures I have of them.

Datewise, I've been checking discounts starting around the 26th of May (since Shattered finishes his semester around the 23rd and he will most likely be my capti-I mean, roommate). So far, everything in actual May proper is coming up New Jersey, however, June is coming up with some stuff actually in New York. Like that one on Lexington which I am trying to find right now.

This one in Queens/next JFK is showig up fairly consistantly and at 39 a night.

This is in New Jersey,but it is right next to Penn Station -maybe that's good? 69 a night.

Here's the one on Lexington, but for some reason, it's no longer showing availability on my discount. Just regular, which is 479 a night. emot-frown

Annnnnd here's on on Staten Island, although that's fairly far out too. I don't think I've ever been out in Staten, actually. 49 a night.

Ugh, now I'm tired. Time go get foodstuffs.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#93 | Back to Top08-05-2007 03:31:45 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Hey, group travel may be a great idea! If dollface is in Charlotte, then I'm only two hours away from her. Otherwise, that would be a huge bitch of a ride and I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to be stuck on a train alone for about eighteen hours emot-gonk

Although, I've also got a friend in Jersey--though I'm not sure if she'll be there at the exact time during break--but that could also makes staying a little easier for me if I could work this out. I'm in college, but my parents still get very skittish. "I'll be with a good college friend in New Jersey," sounds a lot better than "I'm meeting random internet people I've never met before in NY." Plus, she loves Utena too and I'm sure would be exstatic. Holy crap, I hope that works. poptart

Although I really can't go if it's late May, since I'll be a bridesmaid. Crap, I wish more colleges really synched up their schedules.

Last edited by Frau Eva (08-05-2007 03:33:56 PM)

Hat Mafia Member

#94 | Back to Top08-05-2007 03:54:43 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Next May? I believe that I will come, especially if I am moved out. The only thing is that I may have to worry about work..

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#95 | Back to Top08-05-2007 03:55:12 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'm still not entirely sure how we're going to be getting there just yet. My mother's boyfriend is a pilot, so we'll probably end up flying down to New York. We might end up driving, but the first option would probably be best, since we shouldn't be driving in New York.

I really hate trains. I know that it's biased to hold the fact that we ran into a child molester the first and only time we've ridden on a train against all trains, but I still hate trains. (Thank God for actually listening to your parents when they tell you not to follow strangers.)

#96 | Back to Top08-05-2007 04:20:41 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Well, I mentioned to both parents that I'd like to stay with a friend out-of-state. They have almost a year to mull it over. I also threw in that my brother got to stay in Florida with a friend last year, so it's only fair! emot-mad

My mother seems to be frowning upon it. If it comes to it, I'll have to think of a very elaborate lie. My father was on the fence. I can see that it's the money he's worried about. I'll have to start saving up for expenses I guess, but maybe I can rope a train ticket into a birthday present.

And I want Frau Eva to go so I won't be alone. emot-frown

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#97 | Back to Top08-05-2007 04:46:13 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

I've always wanted to go to NYC *starry eyed*

But I can't =/

I'll just sit at home and pray for there to be a good turn out and wait for the San Fransisco meet

perhaps. . .
iunno~

=___=

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#98 | Back to Top08-05-2007 06:08:55 PM

secret_lover_of_tenjou
Framed Landscaper
Website

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMFG!

You can almost definately count me in on this. emot-keke

sayonara IRG, 6/13/2010, 3:43AM EDT

#99 | Back to Top08-05-2007 07:11:13 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

morosemocha wrote:

Cerise wrote:

Any romantic ideas for us?

CARRIAGE RIDE. CENTRAL PARK. It's only a little cheesy, but totally beautiful. I have a picture of my parents on one, and it's one of the sweetest pictures I have of them.

I'm glad to hear the recommendation, as it was sort of top of our list for romantic ideas. emot-keke  Okay, it's pretty much the only thing on the list of "romantic" ideas, but still!  emot-tongue

#100 | Back to Top08-05-2007 07:42:45 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

I know I haven't posted on the forum in forever but count me in for this. I'll be there! If anyone needs help getting to NYC, I can get free bus tickets going from Washington D.C. That's a four hour bus trip.

Board footer