This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top07-15-2014 11:23:44 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: Ep by ep analysis from a feminist perspective by ladyloveandjustice

satyreyes wrote:

It's a weak field, but still.

He's young. Give him time.

And, other such pessimistic thoughts. Poor Tatsuya! That place'll fuck up anybody.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#52 | Back to Top07-15-2014 11:34:13 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

He is young.  I have high hopes for him.  He and Wakaba probably have as good a chance to come out of Ohtori undamaged as anyone.  I ship it.

@Snow: This is a great analysis, except that Tatsuya doesn't know who Wakaba's prince is.  emot-frown  He could be an "adult" upperclassman, or he could be Tsuwabuki.  But you're right that the way Tatsuya talks about the unknown other man suggests that Tatsuya assumes it's one of those corrupt adults -- which is interesting in itself.

#53 | Back to Top07-15-2014 06:38:08 PM

SeizonSenryaku
Architectonitechnician

Aninha wrote:

SeizonSenryaku wrote:

All the love for these sentences etc-love I totally saw this, too! Also, the Rose Garden->the Earth-> female principle, the Tower->the Sky-> the male principle. I didn't think of the arena as  the feminine, althought I DO SAW the water at the entrance of the arena as symbol of feminine, but in a sense of "rebirth" as Utena enter the arena emot-smile

Her entering the arena as a rebirth makes way more sense! After all she is getting remodeled to work as Anthy's prince (at least before Akio can take the sword). emot-dance

I also didn't see the earth and sky parallels. There is that religious passage about "god fertilizing the earth" (I can't remember the exact words).

I don't know if you incurred in this thread, but if not, I think you might find it very interesting emot-tongueschool-eng101
http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=2020

Last edited by SeizonSenryaku (07-15-2014 07:36:39 PM)

#54 | Back to Top07-16-2014 07:33:14 AM

Aninha
Juri Jeerer

SeizonSenryaku wrote:

I don't know if you incurred in this thread, but if not, I think you might find it very interesting emot-tongueschool-eng101
http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=2020

Thanks for the link! emot-redface

#55 | Back to Top07-28-2014 08:52:10 PM

QueenOfJebri
Miki Molester

I do want to go on record to say that while I disagree with some of ladyloveandjustice's views, I do not hate her. I hold no disrespect toward her. I DO disagree with her on things, but I appreciate that she isn't vicious over headcanons she disagrees with (like Juri being bisexual, which I DO believe) and the fact that she essentially went to bat for people who identify as genderqueer or bigender when she was attacked for believing that Haruka from Sailor Moon IS genderqueer/bigender in the manga. I appreciate her pointing out that identifying as such doesn't invalidate one's sexual preference.

I looked back at some of my replies here and wanted to clear that up, 'cause I sort of sounded like a butt toward her. CARRY ON.

The absolute destiny... of hot pockets.

Board footer