This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-02-2007 10:39:55 PM

Shiva Indis
Juri Jeerer

Department of Virtual Star Embryology

These videos have been around a while and may have been brought up before, but... Utena cover band, Virtual Star Hasseigakubu.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-MhhHu_5d10

They suck, but I'm fascinated nonetheless. Perhaps because I want to do something like that too. The getup the bassist (I think) has on is immediately obvious, but is that a Nemuro costume on the lead singer?

I am an actor cast eternally,                                    Armless, legless, still existing I am,   
The eternal me and the eternal stranger,                     I am all the mysteries in creation, 
Male/female, positive/negative are the two of me,                 My birth, the absolute birth,
Even light casts shadows, making a pair out of me and me,                I am disconnected,

#2 | Back to Top08-03-2007 05:24:21 PM

atolm
Miki Molester
Website

Re: Department of Virtual Star Embryology

I recall stumbling upon this a few months ago, much to my delight; I think you're quite right about the getup -- we have an Akio, a female Nemuro, and the drummer and other guitarist seem to be Black Rose Researchers with the lab coats.

Good fun, good fun!

#3 | Back to Top08-03-2007 07:11:29 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wow they really suck. emot-rofl Still that's pretty cool in that 'wow someone that's a bigger SKU nerd than I am' kinda way, and I bet that's the only bassist in history that can actually do better than the lead singer's sloppy seconds. emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#4 | Back to Top08-03-2007 10:38:07 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Man, I don't care if they suck. This is still pretty cool. emot-dance

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#5 | Back to Top08-05-2007 06:50:31 PM

Shiva Indis
Juri Jeerer

Giovanna wrote:

Wow they really suck. emot-rofl Still that's pretty cool in that 'wow someone that's a bigger SKU nerd than I am' kinda way, and I bet that's the only bassist in history that can actually do better than the lead singer's sloppy seconds. emot-biggrin

There are some thing things the lead does that I envy, like her breath control in Virtual Star Embryology and her range in Internal Clock Municipal Orrery. But then she goes and has a daydream or something in the middle of Earth as a Character Gallery and the bassist has to pull her weight even more than usual. It seems like she's not taking what she's doing very seriously.

The Japanese comments say that they're looking for a drummer, and a decent drummer can do a lot for a band. But considering that these videos were posted year ago, this project is probably on the back burner, evaporating to nothing.

What if the bassist is cosplaying Ikuhara cosplaying Akio?

I am an actor cast eternally,                                    Armless, legless, still existing I am,   
The eternal me and the eternal stranger,                     I am all the mysteries in creation, 
Male/female, positive/negative are the two of me,                 My birth, the absolute birth,
Even light casts shadows, making a pair out of me and me,                I am disconnected,

#6 | Back to Top08-06-2007 06:45:46 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

I saw these videos before- they're nothing amazing, but they're still pretty good. Better than I could be.

Board footer