This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-13-2007 01:07:09 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Ok I think the ground stopped moving now.

Erhh.. ahh.. We just had an earthquake here.

The floor shaked a little bit but everything seems to be ok...

Just wanted you to know.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#2 | Back to Top04-13-2007 01:19:40 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Re: Ok I think the ground stopped moving now.

ooooh! that sounds so scary though! where i live we dont get strong earthquake, or tornados. sometimes a hurricane though.

eep! ive never been in an earthquake i think i would have a panic attack!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#3 | Back to Top04-13-2007 01:24:31 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

well this is my second one and it seems I didn't do as bad, I put in myself some clothes and took my keys, wallet, cellphone and mp3 before going down. And I just hanged outside a while, make some calls and waited until the battery of my music went dead. (stupid piece of shit ¬.¬)

And now I am here posting about it... god I'm such a dork... emot-gonk

Ah and we do have hurricanes in my hometown(Mazatlan) but not the bastard ones, people say that one statue of the virgin that is located where the ships sail wards them away... I don't know if it's truth or not but keep the thing there in case it really works emot-biggrin

Last edited by Romanticide (04-13-2007 01:30:05 AM)

#4 | Back to Top04-13-2007 03:08:33 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

the rebound just passed... great just when I was deciding to go to sleep:eyeroll: , oh well time to lose time in IFD school-devil

#5 | Back to Top04-13-2007 08:43:02 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Romanticide, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the city where you live sit right on the San Andreas fault line? The one that causes Southern California all kinds of hell and damnation and all? I know for a fact that Yuma, Arizona (20 miles to the Border of Mexico! W00T!) sits on both San Andreas and another fault line. The city lies on the intersection, and we find 2.2 and 3.4 quakes a surprisingly regular occurrence. And the funny fact is that NOBODY SEEMS TO NOTICE. Especially the snowbirds...err, "winter visitors," and all the people who move from Los Angeles and such to Yuma because "it's safe, there are no quakes in Arizona."

Yeah, right. No quakes my vibrating ass. I slept through every minor tremor this city threw at me except one, and it disoriented me like hell. Got to admit, though, sitting through THAT one was a hoot. Didn't even know what jarred me! emot-keke

Seriously, natural disasters (especially tectonic activity) excites me like nothing else. I like to think that the Green Mother, Gaia, is doing this to make up for the creation of the human race. A scary though, indeed, but one that I don't pay much attention to. (Yeah, I believe in the Gaia Hypothesis. Anybody wanna talk Incarnations with me?)

Anyways, good quake skills you have there, Romanticide! emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#6 | Back to Top04-14-2007 08:53:03 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

I'd be scared out of my mind. ;.;

#7 | Back to Top04-14-2007 01:40:27 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

BioKraze wrote:

Romanticide, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the city where you live sit right on the San Andreas fault line? The one that causes Southern California all kinds of hell and damnation and all?

Mazatlán? According to theses map... no, is just kind of near.

Mazatlan location in México:  http://www.marina-mazatlan.com/mexico_mapa.JPG

The tectonic plates location: http://www.iris.edu/seismon/html/plates.html

also acording to this map http://www.ssn.unam.mx/SSN/Sismos/regio … nasmx.gif, Mazatlan

I know for a fact that Yuma, Arizona (20 miles to the Border of Mexico! W00T!) sits on both San Andreas and another fault line. The city lies on the intersection, and we find 2.2 and 3.4 quakes a surprisingly regular occurrence. And the funny fact is that NOBODY SEEMS TO NOTICE. Especially the snowbirds...err, "winter visitors," and all the people who move from Los Angeles and such to Yuma because "it's safe, there are no quakes in Arizona."

A lot people here in Mexico city seem to be very jaded by them by now,in this one I was probably the only one in my building who went out the building. It's true buildings are made really strong since 1985 to stand earthquakes over here but better to be sure.

Yeah, right. No quakes my vibrating ass. I slept through every minor tremor this city threw at me except one, and it disoriented me like hell. Got to admit, though, sitting through THAT one was a hoot. Didn't even know what jarred me! emot-keke

Seriously, natural disasters (especially tectonic activity) excites me like nothing else. I like to think that the Green Mother, Gaia, is doing this to make up for the creation of the human race. A scary though, indeed, but one that I don't pay much attention to. (Yeah, I believe in the Gaia Hypothesis. Anybody wanna talk Incarnations with me?)

I'm sure mother earth likes to bite our asses once in while here for the sheer stupidity of constructing a city over a fucking lake... not next to the lake... over it. While the aztecs made the best of the situation and made the city of  semimovable islands... conquistadors and people that came next weren't that smart.
Thankfully this one didn't seem to take victims with it, a few buildings in "centro medico" are damaged but didn't fell and people were evacuated in time... I hope I will never have to live a quake like the one in 1985 that destroyed a big part of the city and killed thousands of people... some squashed by the falling buildings and others that survived that... but couldn't be rescued and starved... slowly emot-gonk... I would definately preffer the first... maybe emot-gonk

also by the pictures taken the 1985 tremor looks like fucking apocalipsis. emot-gonk
http://www.ssn.unam.mx/SSN/Doc/Sismo85/Fotos/f1.htm

Anyways, good quake skills you have there, Romanticide! emot-keke

not really in a harder sism I would have definately being dead by now as I took my time to get out.

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

I'd be scared out of my mind. ;.;

I didn't creep out until I got out at the street... and I didn't want to get inside my house again until I calmed down...

Last edited by Romanticide (04-14-2007 01:44:06 PM)

#8 | Back to Top04-15-2007 03:22:21 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

Well since where I live is smack dab in the middle of the Hayward fault AND the San Andreas fault (Northern California, the best of both worlds! 9_9 ), I feel your pain.  Every September or so we get mini San Francisco 1906s.  Scary indeed.

Last edited by Drukqs (04-15-2007 03:22:50 PM)

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#9 | Back to Top04-15-2007 05:21:58 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Holy hell, that's no good at all. At least nobody got hurt.

I live just off of tornado alley, so every spring we get at least one tornado that drives my entire household into the basement for nothing, The tornado always cuts through a forest or a field and fizzles out and nobody actually gets hurt. I love scary bad weather so the one time a big tornado actually hit and came near us it was like a dream come true.

I know in my brain that me seeing Mother Nature as a giant cocktease for not destroying my home is super-bad, but I've had a hard time convincing my heart that.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#10 | Back to Top04-16-2007 08:05:13 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

I'm lucky enough to live in Britain so we don't get things like that.

It just rains a lot.

Board footer