This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top01-21-2007 03:23:10 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Re: Nemuro/Mikage and Mamiya's Relationship(s)

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/mikagemunch.jpg

Gotta love that new flavour!

#52 | Back to Top06-10-2007 09:08:44 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Re: Nemuro/Mikage and Mamiya's Relationship(s)

To me pedophilla seems to suggest nonconsensuality and a gap in mental years. I'm not sure how this relates to Mikage.

But anyway, why the attraction to young boys. He seems to go from one part of the spectrum to the other.

From older women, (Nemuro) to younger boys, (Mikage).

Hur??

Also, I've always wondered about Anthy!Mamiya in all of this. How does he feel.

Does Anthy know she's playing this role. At times she doesn't seem to. For example she comments that she's tired when theres no one around to make a show for. And wonders why. This suggests that she doesn't remember her time as Anthy!Mamiya, so does this mean Akio's manipulating her, is she put into some sort of trance.

However this also doesn't seem all that probable to me. At the end when Akio is talking to her and we see that its Anhty, she seems to know whats going on, and even gives a sort of small knowing smile before the ending credits.

Another thing I want peoples thoughts on, is how exactly does Mikage see Anthy!Mamiya, is it only him that sees her like that, or does she phyiscally change herself.

Also how does Anthy!Mamiya or even Anthy feel about Mikage? Akio suggests that either Anthy!Mamiya or Anthy or even both actually might feel a tad sorry for him.

I mean come on, I would, did Mikage get it harsh or what?

Board footer