This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top11-28-2007 08:40:46 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: The Great Body Parting (Videogame Trivia)

The Final Question is upon us! But now it's three questions! Only a select few enlightened ones will be able to secure the Ultimate Prize and achieve total victory! (Great, now I sound like the dub announcer from Sasuke...) Anyways, test your knowledge of Hexen: Beyond Heretic with these rather tricky questions!

The Final Body Part is: BioKraze's Brain (The seat of power! The source of Bio's intelligence!)
The Final Questions are (in no particular order):
1.) In Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, which level do you use Yorick's Skull three times? (This is for the Brain.)
2.) In Hexen DOS version 1.1, which secret unfinished level was edited out of the WAD file from the original 1.0 release? (This is for 100 bonus Internets.)
3.) In Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, what is the full in-game cheat code you must type to access the secret "Transit" Hub? (This is for 7 Flaming Poptarts.)

Get to guessing, all of you! The fate of my Brain rests in your hands...

These three questions shall remain up until they have been answered. After that...who knows?

(And before you say anything, Dyepez, I HAVE played this game through, along with the expansion pack. So I know what I'm talking about. emot-keke )

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#152 | Back to Top11-28-2007 09:50:11 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

BioKraze wrote:

1.) In Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, which level do you use Yorick's Skull three times? (This is for the Brain.)

Alas, poor Yorick. I knew not this game well.

#153 | Back to Top11-29-2007 03:03:30 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Let's see...you're on the right track for the Brain, but for the Internets you're missing the name of the level I seek. Yes, it DOES have a proper title. And you are only half right for the Poptarts. Try a different number. It refers to Deathkings, not normal Hexen.

Good attempt, though! But now you must wait 24 hours before your next guess.

Last edited by BioKraze (11-29-2007 03:44:40 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#154 | Back to Top11-29-2007 04:21:48 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Read the rules, Dyepez. No posting until 24 hours after your last post. You're disqualified for the week. Sorry.

Last edited by BioKraze (11-29-2007 04:22:58 PM)

#155 | Back to Top11-30-2007 02:19:19 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Damn, I've never played Hexen. If only you had asked something about Mega Man or Kid Icarus or something!

#156 | Back to Top12-03-2007 01:56:50 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

You can post your answers Thursday after 6:30pm, Dyepez.

#157 | Back to Top12-13-2007 09:22:58 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Everybody is free of restrictions regarding posting in this thread. Get to guessing, all of you!

#158 | Back to Top12-31-2007 07:10:44 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

It's been weeks and nobody has answered the Final Question! But I won't give up just yet! Only when it truly seems helpless, will I yield and reveal the answers!

So get to guessing, all of you! Wikipedia and GameFAQs both have all the answers you need!

#159 | Back to Top01-03-2008 03:56:43 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

..................Locus Requiescat?

#160 | Back to Top01-04-2008 05:06:10 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

...HOW THE HELL DID YOU KNOW THAT ALLEGORIEST YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY HEXEN! emot-confused

...Or maybe you do. But you win my brain, the most coveted part of my body!

Now that my brain has been won, I shall reveal the answers to the other questions:

For the body part: Locus Requiescat
For the Internets: Maze
For the Poptarts: visit33

And with that, the Great Body Parting draws to a close. I now open the floor to discussion of vintage gaming...but keep your eyes peeled! You never know when I might offer a new part on the block! emot-keke

#161 | Back to Top01-26-2008 07:54:32 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Finally! The madness has come to an end! And here are the results from everybody winning my parts. In all, 23 parts of mine have been handed out. Many were obscure, but all held a place for me in my heart (and, of course, my body). Some were easy to win, others not so easy to win. But with the loss of my brain to allegoriest, the game now ends. I present to you, the forumgoer of IRG and follower of the Great Body Parting...

THE LEADERBOARD

allegoriest/Red Angel (team effort)
First Place
Thyroid Gland
Aorta
Eustachian Tubes
Superior Vena Cava
Retinas
Brain
satyreyes
Second Place
Brainstem (won in another thread which started this mess)
Sinuses
Inferior Vena Cava
Achilles Tendons
Sacrum
hyacinth_black
Third Place
Uvula
Scalp
Patellas
Mandible
mazoboom
Gallbladder
Spleen
OnionPrince
Metacarpals
Corneas
KissingT.Kiryuu
Pancreas
Almaser
Appendix
Ragnarok
Cochleas
Stormcrow
Meninges
Dyepez
Sternum

Not a bad turnout, huh?

#162 | Back to Top01-26-2008 08:36:29 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Aw, I wish I'd won your appendix, I could use a new one. emot-frown

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#163 | Back to Top01-26-2008 09:58:21 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

WHOO TEAM EFFORT

Now I'm closer to being rebuilt!

#164 | Back to Top02-11-2008 05:36:04 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, you could use it as an officer's pauldron, or you could use it as a charm to protect you from death or something equally bizarre. It's yours, do what you want with it. emot-keke

#165 | Back to Top10-05-2008 08:05:45 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

HOSHIT BIO STARTED THE GREAT BODY PARTING AGAIN!!

Well, it made sense when mazoboom won my Left Ventricle in the chat. God, I forgot the question, but he won it fair and square. Now I'm offering up new parts. But first, we must recap the rules for the new players, and for those that need a refresher:

- Each question lasts one week before time is up and I reveal the answers. You may have a few extra hours depending on my schedule, so hurry to answer the question!
- You may collaborate, but the one who posts the answers will qualify unless I know you're a team otherwise. Be sure to decide who posts the answers beforehand!
- You may use the Internets to search for answers to the questions -- I won't consider it cheating -- but you'll have to look hard for the right answers. I won't hold it against you if you used Wikipedia or GameFAQs for answers. Sometimes I use them to confirm my answers, so it's only fair.
- If you can't answer the main question, at least try for the bonus Internets and Flaming Poptarts. You can never have too many of those!
- Only one answer per 24 hour period for each forumgoer competing for a body part. No fair posting a follow-up within less than 24 hours, or you can (and probably will) be disqualified for the current part.
- Finally, the focus of the questions is SNES and NES games. No new stuff here, folks! Your vintage gaming knowledge had better be up to the test if you wanna win parts!

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Synovial Membranes (You never know when you need 'em!)
Today's question is: Somebody in the game tells Azala's gender. Who is it? (Bonus points if you know the Accessory and its effects you can score in the Laruba Ruins, and 3 Flaming Poptarts if you can name all those capable of equipping said Accessory!)

Get to guessing! You never know what will be next!

Last edited by BioKraze (10-05-2008 08:06:04 PM)

#166 | Back to Top10-12-2008 09:14:08 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Time's up! I don't believe you people. How many gamers here and none of them remember much about the second best RPG for the SNES? Oh well...

For the curious, the answers were:

For the body part: Ha! Trick question! Azala's gender is never revealed in the game by anyone.
For the Internets: Silver Rock, which allows for the Triple Tech "Spin Strike."
For the Poptarts: Robo, Ayla and Frog are capable of equipping the Silver Rock.

Back to the drawing board. AGAIN. *sighs deeply and facepalms for good measure*

P.S.: Seriously, play through the game and ask everybody in the Prehistoric Age whenever you pop in. They never mention Azala's gender. Not even Ayla and Kino volunteer that information.

#167 | Back to Top10-12-2008 09:18:52 PM

secret_lover_of_tenjou
Framed Landscaper
Website

if I'm not mistaken, this would be Chrono Trigger, and Azala's gender is never formally addressed in the game, although most will assume male.  I haven't played the game in years.  It's not like Flea, who everyone assumes to be female, is actually male.

The item in question is the Silver Rock which is given to you by a Nu.  Frog, Robo and Ayla can use it.  When equipped, it allows the user to do the Triple Tech Spin Strike.

sayonara IRG, 6/13/2010, 3:43AM EDT

#168 | Back to Top10-12-2008 09:22:57 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

You're too late, SLoT. I already posted the answers before you answered them.

...I didn't post the name of the game? Oh man, I usually do that. For pointing out my flaws, you get 15 bonus Internets and poptartpoptartpoptartpoptartpoptart emot-keke

Last edited by BioKraze (10-12-2008 09:26:54 PM)

#169 | Back to Top10-12-2008 09:30:15 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, at least I have a new question for you guys! What the hey, I really blew it last time, so I'll make it up to you with a question about the Black Omen!

...kinda...

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Synovial Membranes (Still in excellent condition!)
Today's question is: In Chrono Trigger, Queen Zeal's signature attack is misspelled. Name that attack for me. (Bonus points if you can explain its effects, and 3 Flaming Poptarts if you know how to spell the name of the attack correctly!)

Get to guessing! You never know what will be next!

#170 | Back to Top10-13-2008 03:55:19 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I'm going to assume you mean her Hallation, which is that stupid one with the black, blue, red and green circle that comes from her, and sends your HP to one. and the proper spelling would be halation. I guess.

#171 | Back to Top10-13-2008 09:33:16 AM

Shiva Indis
Juri Jeerer

Mooooooon Princess Hal-AAAAAA-tion!!!1!

Sorry, wrong property.

Couldn't help myself. emot-redface

I am an actor cast eternally,                                    Armless, legless, still existing I am,   
The eternal me and the eternal stranger,                     I am all the mysteries in creation, 
Male/female, positive/negative are the two of me,                 My birth, the absolute birth,
Even light casts shadows, making a pair out of me and me,                I am disconnected,

#172 | Back to Top10-13-2008 02:40:05 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

For the win, Leene! Take good care of my Synovial Membranes, will ya? Have 20 bonus Internets and poptartpoptartpoptart for your troubles as well!

For the curious, the answers are:

For the body part: Queen Zeal's signature attack is "Hallation"
For the Internets: Hallation reduces each party member's HP to 1 point
For the Poptarts: It should be spelled "Halation." Drop the second L.

That was definitely fast. I need to think of another part now. In four more parts, I'll repost the new Leaderboard.

#173 | Back to Top08-05-2013 10:07:05 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*casts Animate Dead on thread*

It seems that certain individuals have, err, "graduated" since I last compiled my data. As a result, one of my delicious body parts is available as the prize to this week's question. I'll tell all in a minute, but I feel I should begin the new phase by explaining to all newly-budded forumites what the rules of the contest are. *nodnod*

This thread is my personal forum game-show, where I put up random body parts of mine for virtual keeps. I'll ask a question, with extra bonus Internets and flaming Poptarts as bonus/consolation prizes. Whomever answers the main question earliest gets the body part, and if they answer the subquestions properly, bonus Internets and bonus Poptarts. Simple enough, yes? The restrictions are as follows:

~ Each question lasts one week before time is up and I reveal the answers. If somebody gets the first question right, the round ends then and there. You may have a few extra hours depending on my schedule, so hurry to answer the question!
~ You may collaborate with other members, but the one who actually posts is the qualifying winner unless I know in advance you're a team. Be sure to decide who'll represent beforehand, and announce it in your qualifying post!
~ You're allowed to exercise your Google-fu muscle to find the answer, but I won't tell you where to find them. I won't hold it against you if you do this; sometimes, I need to do it to find answers I've forgotten myself!
~ If you can't get the big prize, try for the smaller ones. You can never have too many Internets or Poptarts!
~ Only one answer by each forumite per 24 hours (dated by the time of post accepted by forum) is allowed. Posting again too soon will disqualify you for the round, even if your answer's right. If collaborating, all forumites will be disqualified if one of their own posts too soon after their representative.
~ Finally, remember this: the focus of the questions is primarily NES, SNES and MS-DOS games. No new stuff here, folks! Your vintage gaming knowledge had better be up to the test if you wanna win parts!

Today's body part: BioKraze's Sternum! (Slightly battered, but not down and out!)
Today's question: "If they stat it, players will kill it." Name the formal law video gamers know this fundamental truth as. (Bonus points for naming the franchise that spawned the name, and 3 flaming Poptarts for naming one of the franchise's most famous heavenly bodies!)

Get to guessing! You never know what'll be offered next!

#174 | Back to Top08-05-2013 10:43:15 PM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

BioKraze wrote:

Today's body part: BioKraze's Sternum! (Slightly battered, but not down and out!)
Today's question: "If they stat it, players will kill it." Name the formal law video gamers know this fundamental truth as. (Bonus points for naming the franchise that spawned the name, and 3 flaming Poptarts for naming one of the franchise's most famous heavenly bodies!)

Get to guessing! You never know what'll be offered next!

What is the Lord British Postulate? From the Ultima series?

#175 | Back to Top08-06-2013 08:13:08 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

TheOnlyFlorence (you don't mind if I call you "Florence" for short, correct?), you win my sternum and 15 bonus Internets. emot-keke Also, that was decidedly fast. I honestly wasn't expecting anybody to remember I did this for a long while! Nobody wins the Poptarts, though, which is excellent because I'm at a bit of a shortage. Both of Poptarts and of lighter fluid. >>;;;

This week's answers were...

For the body part: The "Lord British Postulate," also the Trope Namer
For the Internets... Ultima series
For the Poptarts... Trammel and Felucca, the twin moons of Sosaria/Britannia. Why the sun isn't named I'll never understand.

The next question will be next week, or in two weeks, depending on how fast I can generate a question.

Board footer