This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-19-2011 07:11:51 PM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

Re: Nozomi Utena Set 1 pre-order + submit questions to Ikuhara on website

I send some really silly questions to the director :3

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#27 | Back to Top03-21-2011 06:15:18 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

CausalityStar wrote:

I guess that recap idea makes since. Plus, I was looking at the episode lists earlier and I noticed that the Apocalypse Arc starts with episode 25. So I think they could also be shifting the episodes around so that all of the Apocalypse Arc ends up on the last box set. If box set one is episodes 1-13 and box set 2 is episodes 14-26, then two of the Apocalypse Arc episodes would end up on one box set and the rest on another. So, excluding recaps, I think they want all of the different arcs on different box sets.

Yes! Let's hope they do this, makes sense!

#28 | Back to Top03-21-2011 06:18:04 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

I re-read the entire other thread and didn't see it mentioned, but it just occurred to me how awesome a replica of Juri's locket would be.

Juri's locket, that would be loads of awesomeness. Can't wait for all three sets to be released.

#29 | Back to Top03-21-2011 07:17:37 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I hope we're allowed to submit more than one question <.< 'Cause that's what I've been doing, lol.

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#30 | Back to Top03-21-2011 10:11:57 PM

innermuse
Anthy Assailer
Website

I love this, i can not think of a serious question, it is more fun to ask silly ones. Here are mine.

If you could pick your rose color what would it be?

Also do chicks really dig duelist?

#31 | Back to Top03-21-2011 10:26:32 PM

QQQQQ
Cow Bellhop

I've always wanted to ask this question for a fanfic -- if Santa Claus were really real, what would each of the cast wish for? (Including Chu-Chu. He's got feelings too!)

#32 | Back to Top03-22-2011 05:29:06 AM

chiharu
Wakaba Wrangler

PLease, let me ask you people a bit...stupid question. I'm from Spain, so I dunno if this release really will be accepted by my dvd player.
BTW, I am so fan that I'll probably buy it even if I cannot watch it in my dvd player... But, it's worthy buying it? I'm not in my best money-related phase.

Opinions please, emot-biggrin

#33 | Back to Top03-22-2011 03:29:14 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Pre-ordered it as soon as I heard it was available! I am fortunate enough to own the series on DVD already, but I think it goes without saying that this will be far superior in terms of quality. Not to mention the aesthetics of the boxset itself-- so pretty. etc-love Can't wait to see all the extra goodies!

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#34 | Back to Top03-23-2011 01:09:44 AM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

chiharu wrote:

PLease, let me ask you people a bit...stupid question. I'm from Spain, so I dunno if this release really will be accepted by my dvd player.
BTW, I am so fan that I'll probably buy it even if I cannot watch it in my dvd player... But, it's worthy buying it? I'm not in my best money-related phase.

Opinions please, emot-biggrin

I don't really know, since the DVD doesn't have a region listed on the product page. I would recommend e-mailing someone from Right Stuf; they would know more about that sort of thing. I think they ship to countries that aren't America and Canada, so they might have DVDs that work in all regions. You might try e-mailing the person who's contact information is listed on the top of this press release:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/nozomiE … 0000002213

#35 | Back to Top03-23-2011 01:58:23 AM

chiharu
Wakaba Wrangler

I've finally pre-ordered it. I'm a damn collector. If I have the laser discs, I must have that edition even if I cannnot really watch it.  emot-rofl It would be my first non-japanese edition so I'm a bit curious about look it.

0;D

#36 | Back to Top03-23-2011 03:57:37 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Officially pre-ordered! etc-love Can't wait for June!

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#37 | Back to Top03-24-2011 12:40:41 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I asked what questions Ikuni wishes Utena fans would spend more time thinking about.  emot-smile

#38 | Back to Top03-24-2011 01:31:14 PM

liarakon
Juri Jeerer
Website

YAY!
Now I shall have my box set to force upon my friends, and one to NEVER EVER WATCH BECAUSE IT IS TOO PRECIOUS 8'D
win/win neh?

Last edited by liarakon (03-24-2011 01:31:48 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Liarakon/coronataprofilewithoutbox.jpg

#39 | Back to Top03-24-2011 02:54:26 PM

ReinhardVonLohengramm
New Student

First Post Blah Blah:
I just began watching Revolutionary Girl Utena recently. Been watching the subbed version online and I'm up to episode 15. Heard about this show from an anime blog and later performed research on multiple sites and even went so far as to spoil parts of the story for myself before I watched so I would know if the show was good or not. I find that helps me enjoy an intelligent show more if I do extensive research before hand. Thankfully I have been enjoying the show quite a bit and I am sure it is likely going to be in my list of favorites considering it only gets better from where I am at.

Anyway I plan on purchasing all 3 volumes of the DVD's already. Looking forward to getting the movie as well.

Useless knowledge and general sucking up:
I heard about this site on SA. Read most of your analysis articles and even skimmed through GUDDAMN Spankings. I'd make some joke about needing brain bleach but really I've read and laughed at stuff far worse than that. The articles were a pretty damn good read though.

Sieg Mein Kaiser! Sieg Kaiser Reinhard-o!

#40 | Back to Top03-25-2011 01:16:43 AM

Kashira
Rose Smilee

Why was I not informed!? Well I guess I am now. It tells me I got my preorder in but I won't believe it until it's in my hands.

ArsenicForBreakfast wrote:

I do wonder what the special gift will be; I'd pre-order all the boxed sets anyway, but...all of the suggestions were pretty awesome, so I'd be happy no matter what

How does that preorder thing work anyway? Just preorder all three > ? > profit?

If I could ask Ikuhara a question? ...What will I do with my CPM DVDs? I guess. emot-tongue

edit:

chiharu wrote:

IIRC the CPM releases were region free - but I don't think Nozomi does that. Multiregion DVD players are fairly common in the UK - I imagine you could find one in Spain without too much difficulty too. Some DVD players can be unlocked with a special code to play discs from multiple regions but I don't really know how that works.

CausalityStar wrote:

I don't really know, since the DVD doesn't have a region listed on the product page.

I've seen it listed elsewhere as being Region 1 - although they might have just put that there automatically since it's an American DVD.

Edit: Really, TRSI? Really?

To protect our customers and ourselves against credit card fraud, we verify the billing address on all credit card orders with the financial institution that issued the credit card.  Because you are located outside of US/Canada, we cannot utilize the normal process to verify you as the owner of the MasterCard or Visa that was used for your order.  Instead, we have instituted a manual process in order to provide security for both our company and you as our customer. 

We need to receive the following items from you:

*  A copy or scan of something that shows your billing address and the name on your credit card.  For example, this might be a credit card statement, a utility bill, an ID, or other identification card.  (Please note, on all international orders, we will only ship to the cardholder at the same address used by the credit card company to mail the monthly statement.)

And

*  A copy of the front and back of your credit card.

Wow. Wow. As much as I like many of the shows that Nozomi has licensed their shop is a dick to you if you're not American. I've never seen a single website that did that ever.

provide security for both our company and you

Yeah, sure.

I hate to say it but I'm seriously considering buying it from some other retailer.

Edit: In fact I can't do what they want. I can't send them a scan of a credit card statement because I get all that on-line, I'm a student who currently lives at home with his parents so I don't pay utility bills (well not directly) I'm blind in one eye so I can't drive and therefore can't have a driver's license and my other id doesn't have my address on it. Goddamnit.

Last edited by Kashira (03-25-2011 01:32:51 PM)

Akio: See, we big brothers are like the moon. We're spherical, and control the tides, and make aliens turn into giant apes on occasion. Also, we're sexy. -Utena Thumbnail Theater

#41 | Back to Top03-26-2011 03:40:57 AM

Randamonian
Rose Bride

^ poor thing. If it's too difficult you'll have to go to someone else. I'll admit I wasn't very comfortable giving my personal information, but I wanted it and it seemed legit... but I'm still worried myself. Well, I never put too much money on that account anyway. It's linked to my savings account so I only keep $100 or so on it and move the rest of my paycheck to the savings account. They won't steal much at any rate! [maybe I shouldn't have shared that information... ah, whattaya gonna do with that information anyway?]

Still, it'd suck if you went to another shop, bought all the releases and didn't get the bonus item.

I'm hoping it's Juri's locket emot-biggrin

#42 | Back to Top03-26-2011 07:56:41 AM

Kashira
Rose Smilee

Randamonian wrote:

^ poor thing. If it's too difficult you'll have to go to someone else...Still, it'd suck if you went to another shop, bought all the releases and didn't get the bonus item.

I'm about 95% sure that I won't get the special item buying it from another place. Which sucks. I wanted the special item... but not enough to do what is literally impossible for me to do.

Akio: See, we big brothers are like the moon. We're spherical, and control the tides, and make aliens turn into giant apes on occasion. Also, we're sexy. -Utena Thumbnail Theater

#43 | Back to Top03-26-2011 07:59:19 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Kashira wrote:

I'm about 95% sure that I won't get the special item buying it from another place. Which sucks. I wanted the special item... but not enough to do what is literally impossible for me to do.

Well, when you try to check out of your shopping cart, they offer that mail-order option, where you just print out a form and send them a check. Might that work, instead?

#44 | Back to Top03-26-2011 09:09:08 AM

Kashira
Rose Smilee

Dallbun wrote:

Well, when you try to check out of your shopping cart, they offer that mail-order option, where you just print out a form and send them a check. Might that work, instead?

If you are paying by mail, we also accept money orders and domestic checks. Please make all checks and money orders payable to: Right Stuf, Inc.. Checks require at least 12 days to clear while money orders are treated as cash. No international checks, please.

Emphasis is theirs.

They really should remove the I from TRSI, I feel. emot-frown

Edit:

For first time international customers, for security purposes we require a copy of a form of ID (can be drivers license, passport, utility bill, etc.)

Is that even legal? I'll have to look into that.

Last edited by Kashira (03-26-2011 09:13:12 AM)

#45 | Back to Top03-30-2011 05:29:17 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

ReinhardVonLohengramm wrote:

Useless knowledge and general sucking up:
I heard about this site on SA. Read most of your analysis articles and even skimmed through GUDDAMN Spankings. I'd make some joke about needing brain bleach but really I've read and laughed at stuff far worse than that. The articles were a pretty damn good read though.

You mean, Something Awful? *groan* I've seen this forum described as "weird" before and I know SA likes to make fun of little corners of the web, so I can't help but think that this site was bandied about for derision. Not that I'm offended by the practice of it, I've laughed at some of the Weekend Web stuff myself(really, with some of them, how could you not?).
But if SA's going to make fun of anything to do with this forum, I have the sneaking suspicion that its the common fact of most male internet goers being incredibly uncomfortable with the idea of women having their own sexuality and fantasies--ones not involving stripper heels and blowjobs. Because we make no bones about that. Which I take objection to, if that's what's considered "weird" about this forum. Sorry to make your welcome a bit more paranoid, I promise I'm not usually like this, but bringing up SA and mentioning "brain bleach" just made some questions come to mind. emot-tongue

IN ANY CASE, I hope you enjoy yourself here! emot-dance Always good to have another analysis-lover on board! Feel free to join in. emot-biggrin

Hat Mafia Member

#46 | Back to Top03-30-2011 06:13:58 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Kashira wrote:

Edit:

For first time international customers, for security purposes we require a copy of a form of ID (can be drivers license, passport, utility bill, etc.)

Is that even legal? I'll have to look into that.

Yes, unfortunately. Once it was a common practice almost everywhere. I'm still trying to get a debit card statement in paper form, since I've cut the amount of paper documents I normally receive to barest minimum.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#47 | Back to Top03-30-2011 07:04:18 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Frau Eva wrote:

You mean, Something Awful? *groan* I've seen this forum described as "weird" before and I know SA likes to make fun of little corners of the web, so I can't help but think that this site was bandied about for derision.

Now, now, be nice emot-smile  I'm not an SA member myself, but Gio and Yasha have both been enthusiastic members, and they may well have bandied IRG about for promotion!  Besides, there's no such thing as bad publicity.  emot-wink  Welcome, Reinhard!

#48 | Back to Top03-31-2011 12:40:49 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I've never mentioned IRG on SA. In fact I almost never post on SA, I just read it tons. Reinhard, where did it show up? I'm guessing in ADTRW.

Honestly guys no need to fear from SA. We're actually a really cool crowd, since none of us walks around actually convinced we're one of the characters.

....seriously, I wear the red shirt and purple tie at cons for a lark. poptart

Besides, you all have SA to thank for most of the smilies and a great deal of the general design and layout of this forum. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#49 | Back to Top03-31-2011 04:25:12 AM

Koshernova
Touga Topper
Website

We'll have to agree to disagree, Gio, because I don't hold SA in such high regard. Yes, some good stuff has come out of that forum (how couldn't it, it's damn massive) but in my experience, much bullying and superior bulshit comes from there. I even resent what you're suggesting, that somehow we're not 'too weird' that we'll call attention to ourselves, as if we are allowed our corner of the internet at their sufferance. Like there's a 'weirdness threshold' after which people from SA would come after us.

---

Back on topic though, I must say I'm disappointed with the pre-order stuff for international orders! I've been purchasing stuff from ebay sellers in america for a decade, as well as from american, Japanese and european online shops, and I was never asked such unreasonable things!

#50 | Back to Top04-01-2011 07:54:24 AM

ReinhardVonLohengramm
New Student

Frau Eva wrote:

You mean, Something Awful? *groan* I've seen this forum described as "weird" before and I know SA likes to make fun of little corners of the web, so I can't help but think that this site was bandied about for derision. Not that I'm offended by the practice of it, I've laughed at some of the Weekend Web stuff myself(really, with some of them, how could you not?).

I understand why you *groaned* but in all actuality we goons are a pretty cool bunch. We generally describe every thread and forum to be full of sperg lords, perverts, and furries. Even many of our own forums are described in quite the negative context.

ex: For the longest time the anime sub forum on SA was pretty much and still kinda is referred to as being full of pedos. Heck ADTRW itself translates to Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about this forum ever going on a weekend web unless you sent hatemail or something to some goon with too much time on his hands. Not enough sperg and generally disgusting bullshit. Haven't really seen anything bad yet myself that I haven't seen on SA. We mostly go after forums full of idiots anyway. From what I've read so far the general topic here is fairly low on white noise and engrish.

Also don't take offense at my brain bleach comment. Like I said: I've read far worse. I was just making a joke really.

Giovanna wrote:

I've never mentioned IRG on SA. In fact I almost never post on SA, I just read it tons. Reinhard, where did it show up? I'm guessing in ADTRW.

Yea I read about the site on ADTRW wiki. Not gonna post the link just because of anti goon sentiments in the thread/forum. Don't want anyone doing something they may regret. For the most part though they praised the forum as the largest Utena fansite with a great series of analysis articles.

I don't really post often myself. Mostly I just stick to the varying goon chats for the games and forum activities. I'm pretty much the king of lurking and only post when I feel I can actually contribute something.

Oh and HELLO FELLOW GOON!

Koshernova wrote:

I am not a goon!

I'm so disappointed. I figured that because you had a LoGH avatar like myself that you must be a goon. I know it's weird but generally LoGH isn't that popular and on SA the general opinion on the anime forum is that More People Should Watch Legend Of The Galactic Heroes. Funnily enough that is also the name of the SA thread.

Also: don't be hating. We are generally cool dudes. Like I said above to Frau:

Honestly I wouldn't worry about this forum ever going on a weekend web unless you sent hatemail or something to some goon with too much time on his hands. Not enough sperg and generally disgusting bullshit. Haven't really seen anything bad yet myself that I haven't seen on SA. We mostly go after forums full of idiots anyway. From what I've read so far the general topic here is fairly low on white noise and engrish.

For the most part you pretty much have to make a thread where you discuss how someone's sweat would taste in real life before Goons will begin making fun of you. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU BIOWARE SOCIAL FORUMS!)

satyreyes wrote:

Now, now, be nice emot-smile  I'm not an SA member myself, but Gio and Yasha have both been enthusiastic members, and they may well have bandied IRG about for promotion!  Besides, there's no such thing as bad publicity.  emot-wink Welcome, Reinhard!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited by ReinhardVonLohengramm (04-01-2011 07:56:02 AM)

Sieg Mein Kaiser! Sieg Kaiser Reinhard-o!

Board footer