This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top01-09-2015 11:44:43 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Black Rose Duelist Survey

Hey guys. I didn't see a thread like this so I came up with one similar to the Rose Bride survey.  What would it be like if you were a Black Rose Duelist? Answer the questions below. emot-smile

Who do you pull a sword out of?

What kind of sword is it?

What object is on the desks during your duel with Utena and what does it symbolize?

Why do you want to kill the Rose Bride?

Do you remember anything after the duel? Why or why not?

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#2 | Back to Top01-13-2015 12:59:04 AM

Arale
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Re: Black Rose Duelist Survey

Hmm, I've thought about this a bit and I figured out what I'd say to Mikage in the elevator, but not much else.

If the person I'm expressing my uncertainties over would be the Rose Bride in this world, then I guess I would have reason to attempt to kill her - to prove if she's real or not. Obviously that isn't a sound plan but, yknow, Black Rose.

I have no idea who I'd pull a sword out of, though. Myself?

im a shadow play girl irl

#3 | Back to Top01-13-2015 01:18:15 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Re: Black Rose Duelist Survey

I would essentially be Mitsuru. I would dual wield Nanami's dagger and scimitar. Nanami is the most attractive to me of all the duelists. Juri is the best looking, but she is a lesbian. Nanami is the only and most likely option. Most girls that I get are more like Nanami anyway.

Wakaba is more my type, but she is not a council member. Yet, I remember Wakaba's duel using Saionji's katana. This usually the case in real life. The girl I like the most is my friend and a bad boy's girlfriend.

I would kill the Rose Bride to destroy what must be competitive illusion that draws affection away from me.

The symbols on the desk represent to me objects of desire or symbols of acts of betrayal. Mine would be tv screens flashing advertisements. This is to symbolize the love of consumer goods and selfish ideals over love and devotion.

I would not remember anything because I would lose the duel. In truth I really would not want to win anyway. People have the right to chase their illusions. Yet, I would duel only to protest for a better reality.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

Board footer