This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-01-2007 10:57:07 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ADMIN DRAMA (Beavis, this sucks. Change it.)

As you all know, I've spent the last month and a half in Canada with Yasha. Because of this, we've not been on the forums nearly as much as we should be. (Although I assure you, you guys were prominent in our conversations.) Even a month and a half can fly by when you're happy, but as you can imagine, there's a certain rush to get as much fun in as possible when you see the end of your vacation coming up fast. I'm really sorry about that, but I think most of you understand, and thank you for bearing with me.

As you all also know, I fucking hate where I live. Any quick browse through IFD and you'll find me complaining about Homestead/Miami. The closest people to me are still 3-6 hour drives away, so I have no one to grab a coffee with on a Tuesday afternoon, or go see a movie with on Saturday night. There's nothing that interests me to do, I hate the weather, I hate the people. Leaving my best friend that lives in a place I love was, let's say, difficult. Coming back here threw a lot of things into perspective for me, and I've finally reached the point where I can't keep trading in my happiness (fuck that, my emotional health) for the security staying here has given me. Soooo...I'm essentially moving to Canada. I have to come back during the school season, since I really do need to finish my nursing degree in the states, but I will now be spending summers and Christmas vacation in Canada, living with Yasha. I've quit my job, bought my plane tickets. I have no school this fall, so I'll be in Canada from two weeks from now to the beginning of January. I'm going to accumulate what I suspect will be quite a bit of debt doing this. I'll have to make money in Canada somehow, and do bits and pieces BS jobs in the US while I'm in school.

This is a decision along the lines of what I've been trying to avoid for at least two years now, and it's not an easy decision to make. I'm turning my life upside down and taking an enormous risk, but sometimes security isn't worth watching the years of your youth burn away with almost no enjoyment at all.

It's only fair you guys know about this, although I hope it should have a minimal bearing on the actual forum. Yes, we were kinda absent for a bit there, but now that I'm basically staying in Canada, it won't be so much the rush. I will, I admit, have less time than I used to, but the thing that'll suffer from that is the gallery, which I must admit I didn't touch the entire time I was there. emot-frown It'll get finished, absolutely, but this will mark the end of me working on it for 12 hours at a time because I have no life. In return I can promise there's going to be more exciting stuff for you guys, since Yasha and I in the same room results in a freakish amount of SKU analysis/hilarity. But do please bear with me, and Yasha, since the next few weeks are going to be complete chaos for us both. You guys understand, right? Of course you do. etc-love etc-love etc-love

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:05:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: ADMIN DRAMA (Beavis, this sucks. Change it.)

I feel like I should comment on this, as I've been even more absent than Gio because of it, but all I can really say is...

emot-biggrin Hurrah! emot-biggrin

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:06:17 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

You're just hurrahing because I cook and do a good Akio impression. emot-tongue

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:08:23 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

It will be sad that the gallery will be delayed, yes, but if it means you'll be living somewhere where you are much happier? Then I am happy too. I've felt miserable when I've lived in Mississippi away from a lot of my friends so I kind of understand that feeling, and I hope you have much more fun having a life in Canada. etc-love etc-love etc-love (Incidentally, now that I'm living in LA and spending more time going out, I've been neglecting the forums here a lot.. I hope to start catching up on things more soon, because I really miss this place too!)

#5 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:39:01 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

WOW... this is the kind of thing you only see in stories. Going for happiness.
I'm so envious of the fact that your family's okay with you doing this! emot-aaa Eeee!! If only I can move in with my friend.

#6 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:41:57 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'm glad that you and Yasha will be living together now, because I was really sad when I saw how upset that the two of you were when Gio had to leave. Having to live that far from someone you care about is never easy, and so I'm glad that you two will be living together now. emot-dance

#7 | Back to Top09-01-2007 11:50:38 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

I wish you tons of luck, and hope the move and transition is smooth.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#8 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:08:44 AM

Saint Seafoam
Wakaba Wrangler

My best wishes to you both. :] Good for you, following your own goals.

#9 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:18:37 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Go for it, Gio.

When you have the opportunity to live your life on your terms, take it..

For the love of God, take it!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#10 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:18:48 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yay Gio!  Much as I'll miss having you a (long) car drive away, I think you're doing the right thing.  There's something poetic, don't you think, about the moment you leave a town called Homestead for the last time?  Congratulations.

That said, I'm going to have to insist that we get together at least once more before you end up in Canada or in school for the foreseeable future.  emot-wink

#11 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:22:40 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Hey, having lived in Amarillo, Texas for eight years, I can understand how a location can suffocate you day-in day-out. I hope this move is a good one. Will you have trouble securing work visas for Canada? Immigration can be somewhat of a bitch.

#12 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:26:18 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

satyreyes wrote:

There's something poetic, don't you think, about the moment you leave a town called Homestead for the last time?

There would be, yes, but I do have to come back here. Actually I'll be in the US eight months out of the year except for this fall, but as far as I'm concerned, I'll be living in Canada and having to go on extended business trips in the US. emot-biggrin

satyreyes wrote:

That said, I'm going to have to insist that we get together at least once more before you end up in Canada or in school for the foreseeable future.  emot-wink

Absolutely! I was actually PMing you just now about that, we'd be doing this kinda suddenly since uh, I'll be out of here on the 12th. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to have any plans this weekend coming up, so we'd be having to make pretty sudden arrangements. emot-keke

#13 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:27:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Trench Kamen wrote:

Will you have trouble securing work visas for Canada? Immigration can be somewhat of a bitch.

Oh, I'll manage one way or another. emot-keke

#14 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:27:55 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I don't think I'll ever get it. It's in one single continent here, so why do people still have to go through this kind of trouble just to cross a line?

#15 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:32:41 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hiraku wrote:

I don't think I'll ever get it. It's in one single continent here, so why do people still have to go through this kind of trouble just to cross a line?

Because Canadians can do filthy naughty things like smoke pot and get homo-married and use two dollar coins. emot-mad

Naughty, naughty Canadians. emot-mad

#16 | Back to Top09-02-2007 12:51:58 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Giovanna wrote:

Naughty, naughty Canadians. emot-mad

I'm sorry. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#17 | Back to Top09-02-2007 01:13:10 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

As long as you'll be happy I think it's the right decision. I keep hearing all those good things about Canada so they must be true.
Anyway, all the best to you guys. etc-love

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#18 | Back to Top09-02-2007 02:09:42 AM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

While the "commute" may be a hassle, I completely understand the need to be in an environment that fosters your happiness.  I was absolutely miserable and unproductive when I lived in Colorado, which I felt offered nothing to me, but since moving back "home" to California things have fallen into place -- so much of one's happiness and success is dependent on connecting with what's immediately available to you.  I wish you the best of luck.

#19 | Back to Top09-02-2007 04:10:54 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

I'm really glad that you are happy etc-love

#20 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:10:14 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

That's great! I'm pretty sure we could go with the delay of the gallery knowing that you'll be moving to a better environment. It's wonderful, Gio!

#21 | Back to Top09-02-2007 08:56:34 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I was sort of wondering when we'd hear an announcement such as this.  emot-keke  Hopefully everything will go very smoothly.  You have my respect for having the determination to make such a big change in order to be happy.  I'm too afraid of change to do anything so drastic.  Best of luck getting everything tucked away in the amount of time you have!

#22 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:08:18 AM

Paradox
Winning Love By Daylight

Giovanna wrote:

This is a decision along the lines of what I've been trying to avoid for at least two years now, and it's not an easy decision to make. I'm turning my life upside down and taking an enormous risk, but sometimes security isn't worth watching the years of your youth burn away with almost no enjoyment at all.

"If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born."

Someone around here gets it.

Revolutionize yourself, fly free, be happy.  And feel free to bitch at us when the bad times come along, that's what we're here for.

Well, that and to find sex references in Utena and Utena references in everything else.  cool

#23 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:53:24 AM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

Groovy! Good for you you Gio! cool

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#24 | Back to Top09-02-2007 09:59:40 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

I'm happy for you, Gio! This is great emot-smile I knew you hated Florida, so it's awesome you'll be somewhere nicer and with better company.

#25 | Back to Top09-02-2007 11:18:49 AM

_ J _
Manly and Buxom = Manxome

HAHAHA Now I have two of them...

all I have to do is convince Mocha that this is a better place to be than anywhere.

emot-danceetc-loveemot-rofletc-wankdudeschool-chefpoptartpoptartpoptart

I win. 

Actually Yasha and Gio win...but I am totally in all the pictures (actually I am in none of them)cheering right along just like I am on the team. 

I suppose its just nice to have both of them here and happy.  hehe.

emot-biggrin

I will always be here to listen, the question is, whether or not you can hear...

Proptre Qua Dictum

Board footer