This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-06-2010 05:13:59 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

MMORPG anyone?

Does anyone here MMORPG?

Right now I'm into the free MMORPG Perfect World International.  If you're into WoW type stuff, you'll like that one.  It's just free and that's perfect for me.  school-chef

Anyways, what do you all play?

#2 | Back to Top05-06-2010 06:06:44 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Re: MMORPG anyone?

Paradox and I are City of Heroes players.  He's more into than I am, but I still put in a few hours a week.  It's a lot of fun given a decent amount of character customization and the like.  We have a tendency to RP our characters together, creating storylines, or creating characters that are already living in our heads (and our main RP/fiction piece we write together.)

I don't play very well with others though, because I don't like to have to make a commitment to continue playing for more than an hour at a time.  Paradox does quite a bit of gaming in groups though.

Last edited by Mylene (06-28-2010 07:07:16 PM)

#3 | Back to Top05-06-2010 08:15:54 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I haven't been playing any MMORPG's lately, but I'm looking forward to playing Final Fantasy XIV when it comes out. I've seen a bit a bit of the gameplay streamed, and it looks really good. Plus, the game won't force you to party, supposedly.

#4 | Back to Top05-06-2010 10:03:42 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I used to play Dofus but I got to the point that if I wanted a fun gaming experience, I would have to pay money.

During the summer, I might start playing Sword of the New World because a) it looks really fun for a free to play game and b) my brother plays it so I could pester him for help if I don't mind having my head bit off. Though, that game you posted a link to, winksniper, looks good. I may have to try that.

#5 | Back to Top05-07-2010 02:59:54 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing as Girls

There are traps everywhere.

#6 | Back to Top05-07-2010 03:35:14 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Malacoda wrote:

I used to play Dofus but I got to the point that if I wanted a fun gaming experience, I would have to pay money.

During the summer, I might start playing Sword of the New World because a) it looks really fun for a free to play game and b) my brother plays it so I could pester him for help if I don't mind having my head bit off. Though, that game you posted a link to, winksniper, looks good. I may have to try that.

Oh, yeah, I definitely recommend it.
You can create your own character and there's a pretty big selection of classes and enough quests to keep you busy, I think it's pretty good.

Tamago wrote:

Yeah, I know, that's totally true.  But that's why you don't get too personal online.  ;)

#7 | Back to Top05-07-2010 04:12:47 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

Tamago wrote:

You win a year's supply of internets.

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#8 | Back to Top05-07-2010 05:27:52 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Tamago wrote:

It's true! emot-gonk When my brother played Guild Wars he had a female character. Some poor fool probably thought he was a girl.

#9 | Back to Top05-08-2010 08:15:08 AM

SuperLuu
New Student

I actually play an MMORPG called Phantasy Star Universe. I used to play on the US/EU PC/PS2 servers, but those were shut down. I now play on the Japanese servers....so everything is in Japanese and 98% of the population is Japanese. Its fun though, its more like an action MMORPG than point and click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iBpBvOdD3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fJ__bzaTP4

#10 | Back to Top05-12-2010 10:18:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Gio and I just recently killed our EQ2 characters. I liked my little butterfly assassin girl, but.... money. :sighs:

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#11 | Back to Top05-12-2010 11:59:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I killed Akio. He had a white horse.

And a huge house. And he could charm and mesmerize. And dance.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#12 | Back to Top05-13-2010 12:22:01 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

winksniper wrote:

Tamago wrote:

Yeah, I know, that's totally true.  But that's why you don't get too personal online.  ;)

Yes but at the same time, you cannot claim to have experienced the internet until you have had text sex with a G.I.R.L assuming you are a guy or vice-versa.

Epee_724 wrote:

Tamago wrote:

You win a year's supply of internets.

I can always use the internet coupons. poptart

Malacoda wrote:

Tamago wrote:

It's true! emot-gonk When my brother played Guild Wars he had a female character. Some poor fool probably thought he was a girl.

I was savvy enough to know that in certain sites, assume that any 'girls' you meet were really guys unless evidence or a strog gut feeling tells you otherwise.

HOLY SHIT!  YASHA IS BACK!  I thought you dissappeared from our world. Welcome back. emot-dance

#13 | Back to Top05-13-2010 02:12:20 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

No, baby, I will never disappear. I will however get jobs so stressful that I end up drinking almost every night just to get through my next day.

It sucked. No more of that.

Also, Akio really was that badass in EQ2. But so was Sorte (my fairy) omg

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#14 | Back to Top05-14-2010 12:57:00 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I play Perfect World too~ I play a Veno of my name on uhh... I forget which server.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#15 | Back to Top05-14-2010 01:08:31 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

SuperLuu wrote:

I actually play an MMORPG called Phantasy Star Universe. I used to play on the US/EU PC/PS2 servers, but those were shut down. I now play on the Japanese servers....so everything is in Japanese and 98% of the population is Japanese. Its fun though, its more like an action MMORPG than point and click.

I loved the old Phantasy Star Sega Genesis games, so if I was going to start up another MMO (used to play WoW, before I gave it up to concentrate on academics) I'd probably want to do whatever Phantasy Star one was out there.  Too bad to hear the English servers are gone.  Is this the current incarnation, thoguh?

And re: Tamago: I used feminine enough speech/typing patterns or something when I used to be on WoW that most people assumed I was a girl, and a couple insisted I was lying when I told them otherwise.  I'm still a little confused about how that happened.

#16 | Back to Top05-15-2010 08:28:27 AM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Anthiena wrote:

I play Perfect World too~ I play a Veno of my name on uhh... I forget which server.

Fo shizzle!  I have a Veno on Heaven's Tear, but I never use it.  My main's an Assassin on Raging Tides.

#17 | Back to Top05-15-2010 06:46:22 PM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

I mostly play co-op shooters and stuff. Halo, L4D, Counterstrike, TF2. However, my friend is demanding I play FF14 when it comes out. I DID play Guild Wars for a while but couldn't stick with it. WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Honestly I'm kinda excited about FF14. It looks beautiful.

#18 | Back to Top05-16-2010 12:24:37 AM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

FF14 FTW.

Anyway, i am mostly into shooters as well, (MW2, Halo, Counterstrike, L4D, etc.. etc..)

HOWEVER,

when i do play an MMORPG, i go cheap and play Runescape!!! Cause its full of win.

I wish Fable were more MMORPG, i didnt like 2 enough to play online so i didnt. but i imagine it could be pretty fun if done right.

#19 | Back to Top05-17-2010 07:00:46 AM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

I play AQWorlds, being a huge Dragonfable fan. :3 I am a big fan of MMORPGs, but I always have to be cautious not to get to addicted to them and not download the wrong software/virus.

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#20 | Back to Top05-17-2010 08:34:46 AM

SuperLuu
New Student

Duelist Megu wrote:

SuperLuu wrote:

I loved the old Phantasy Star Sega Genesis games, so if I was going to start up another MMO (used to play WoW, before I gave it up to concentrate on academics) I'd probably want to do whatever Phantasy Star one was out there.  Too bad to hear the English servers are gone.  Is this the current incarnation, thoguh?

And re: Tamago: I used feminine enough speech/typing patterns or something when I used to be on WoW that most people assumed I was a girl, and a couple insisted I was lying when I told them otherwise.  I'm still a little confused about how that happened.

Well the Japanese servers are still running, and not going down anytime soon (Phantasy Star games are more successful in Japan... ). I played Phantasy Star Online (for gamecube) back in the day, and played Phantasy Star Blue Burst (PSO's sequel) on a private server (illegal! lol).

If you want to try Phantasy Star, theres still the 360 version that is running...but like the PC US servers, they don't get updates as regularly as JP servers. Currently, the JP version has the option of playing for free (with restrictions, but they arent that bad in the beginning).

There are rumors rotating around about a new Phantasy Star game being developed, in celebration to PSO's 10 year anniversary.

#21 | Back to Top05-17-2010 08:56:17 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

winksniper wrote:

Anthiena wrote:

Fo shizzle!  I have a Veno on Heaven's Tear, but I never use it.  My main's an Assassin on Raging Tides.

That's right, Raging Tides is my server. emot-keke

I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#22 | Back to Top05-17-2010 09:17:01 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

I doubt anyone plays this much here, but I'm on Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates and have been for several years.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#23 | Back to Top05-17-2010 01:37:28 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Anthiena wrote:

winksniper wrote:

Anthiena wrote:

Awesome!
I hope you dont mind if I friend request you?

#24 | Back to Top05-18-2010 05:19:51 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

SuperLuu wrote:

Well the Japanese servers are still running, and not going down anytime soon (Phantasy Star games are more successful in Japan... ). I played Phantasy Star Online (for gamecube) back in the day, and played Phantasy Star Blue Burst (PSO's sequel) on a private server (illegal! lol).

Ah, the Phantasy Star series. I wish they had made more proper sequels. Back in my college days, my friends and I played PSO obsessively on the Dreamcast, but quit when it stopped being free.

As for PSO: Blue Burst, I play that too! (Mostly for the nostalgia factor.) But, it's not really illegal, you know. The game is for all intents and purposes abandonware, so at worst it's somewhere in the legal gray area. Besides, it's completely free. Anyone who wants to try it out, just go here: http://www.schtserv.com/download.php I'd be happy to play with any of you guys.

I'm not too sure about other MMO's right now. I played WoW for a couple of months, but quit after some pretty redonkulous drama. I was also really looking forward to Star Trek Online, but became hesitant when I found out that Klingons had to be "unlocked." ಠ_ಠ Then I saw this promotional video describing ship combat, where the guy said, "Cruisers are really tough... They have a lot of crew so they're hard to disable. This is really good for tanking."

...Tanking? Tanking!?

STARSHIPS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. GOODNIGHT!

#25 | Back to Top06-28-2010 07:06:07 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

winksniper wrote:

Anthiena wrote:

winksniper wrote:

Awesome!
I hope you dont mind if I friend request you?

Go ahead~~ poptartpoptartpoptartpoptart

Board footer