This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top06-12-2007 06:31:12 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Re: Gaiaonline

Pandora wrote:

The layout of Gaia makes my eyes BURN. The little speech bubbles are cute for the first two posts, as are GIANTNORMOUS signatures, then it just gets annoying with all the scrolling. Plus so many trolls have to be unhealthy. I never joined and I never will. It's like Neopets. Neither interested me in the slightest.

As sad as it is to say, it could be a whole lot worse.

#52 | Back to Top06-12-2007 07:12:54 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Quite a lot of time on our hands, haven't we, Razara dear? emot-tongue

Seriously, you're right. The layout seems to get worse with each new upgrade. Apparently the staff can't decide on a single theme and stick with it. I could be talking out my ass, since I joined in early March 2006, but I do know what I like. And personally, that particular layout was a little easier to manage. Just my opinion, and we all know what has been said about opinions before, right? emot-biggrin

Last edited by BioKraze (06-12-2007 09:14:21 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#53 | Back to Top06-12-2007 08:41:10 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

BioKraze wrote:

Quite a lot of time on our hands, haven't we, Razara dear? emot-tongue

Why, yes, I do. However, I made this a few years ago when they made a drastic change in the layout for the first time. Come to think of it, maybe it was the change in the layout that made me quit. I still can't stand a lot of the art on that website. That's what bothers me more than anything. L0cke fails.

#54 | Back to Top06-12-2007 10:42:13 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

SUPER HAPPY LIGHT RAY POWER, IGNITE!

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#55 | Back to Top06-13-2007 03:30:00 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

...I just read a gaia thread about gay bombs.

I suddenly have a dire need to try and fit something about dropping the gay bomb into my everyday conversations now.

I think my problem with Gaia is, you post and suddenly, there is conflict! It's like the giant pool of conflict, drama and delusion that we go to to go 'wow. I'm not really that bad.' If I did a fraction of what I've read on there, I'd have been disowned at least 37 times.
The only thing I'm thankful for is each signature gets posted once on the page to allow me to quickly scroll though people's life problems. (Yes, I'm THAT bored. emot-gonk)

Sometimes Red and I browse Gaia all night and look for the most WTF things or things that can't POSSIBLY be true. (We're the definition of boring, guys.)

...I think the most pathetic thing ever is that I go to neopets for the games. Having this as my reason to go to neopets, to me its not like neopets without the neopets.

#56 | Back to Top06-20-2007 02:26:36 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The latest useless feature most recently added to Gaia: cars. Yes, cars. We now live in a modern Gaian society with computers, alien invasions, cars, electric lighting...and we still don't have fucking guns yet? What the shit is going on here? emot-gonk

I haven't even bothered to look at the new cars feature, but I did read the announcement about it. Sounds pretty sad to me, trying to add another dumb game to the list, apparently in an attempt to revive the kinship between the users and the people who run the show? If they were doing THAT, they would have had the Battle System up ages ago. Thank you, Razara, for informing me about the "pending" status of the battle system they had planned.

For three fucking years. emot-gonk

I think I may give up on Gaia now. They're selling out fast. emot-mad

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#57 | Back to Top06-20-2007 05:55:38 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Gaia sold out long, long ago. All that's left are its remains.

Also, the admins have been saying that there would be a battle system for way more than three years.

#58 | Back to Top06-20-2007 05:59:10 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Sorry, Razara. My bad.

And I've only been with them for what, over a year now? Where the hell did the time go?

#59 | Back to Top06-20-2007 10:59:43 PM

Usagi
Tenjou Tilter

I've been on Gaia on and off since October 2003.

I'm honestly thinking about leaving yet again.  Though I have met some great people there.

K-9: Insufficient data

The Fourth Doctor: Yea, you never fuc*ing know the answer when it's important!

#60 | Back to Top06-29-2007 02:09:07 AM

Octavian
Saionji Slapper

Well I'm on gaia for some years but mostly for friends......and...............well..customers..
You can earn quite a lot of REAL money with your pics there....

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/alphares/Utena/octabanner.gif

#61 | Back to Top07-03-2007 02:47:10 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Today's latest abomination on Gaia: Tattoos. Seriously.

Although I like the idea of getting inked. Sounds kinda fun to me. Finally, a useful purpose for those damn vials of ink from smooshed bugs! What do you guys think about this new system? I know for sure my mom's happy over it...

#62 | Back to Top07-03-2007 06:41:02 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

That new NPC will haunt my nightmares forever. Then again, for all I know, she's been here for a while.

A tattoo probably wouldn't match my avatar. I remember seeing a petition for tattoos a long time ago.

#63 | Back to Top08-18-2007 02:20:01 AM

Shance
Miki Molester

I really liked Gaia before.  You know... back before the big layout change with the Tropicana kids?  Since then, everything has just been going downhill, and they're starting to become a sell-out. 

They talk about being "totally free", yet each month, the peer pressure is on to get the donation items, which cost real $$.  Your only other option is dishing out 30K to get them in the marketplace.  I've never had that much money to spend on one item.

I do have some friends on Gaia, so I stick around.

#64 | Back to Top10-08-2007 09:42:18 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

I've decided to perform an experiment on Gaia using Avatar Arena. I'm convinced that many of these avatars wouldn't get high ratings unless they used a ton of Monthly Collectibles in their design.

The Statement: Only a moron or n00b would submit a boring avatar. By boring, I mean that it has no Monthly Collectibles or Rares in it, or is not composed exclusively of Monthly Collectibles and Rares.

The Hypothesis: Gaian voters are total idiots. They wouldn't know imagination if it bit them in the ass. I endeavour to prove this utilising Avatar Arena and 1,000 gold.

The Test: Run my standard "human" avatar through Avatar Arena for the week of 15 October -- 21 October 2007 to ascertain the intelligence of said Gaian voters. Comments will be taken into consideration. Wait one week and see what the results are.

Current Conditions: Avatar is in the queue for next week's voting session. If you are curious, from 15 October to 21 October 2007 will be when my experiment commences. Please query username "BioKraze" or avatar keywords "IRG" if you frequent this forum and are a Gaian. Your input is necessary for my experiment!

The Conclusion: The conclusion of the experiment will be reported in my journal on 22 October 2007. It will also be recorded here for posterity and for sharing information amongst fellow IRG forum members who participate in Gaia Online. Keep an eye on this space for the details, folks!

#65 | Back to Top10-19-2007 03:01:51 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I'm very upset by this month's newest donation item on Gaia. Even though I changed my avatar back a long time ago, that doesn't change the fact that I went through hell to get the Grunny that was on my head. I would have loved to get a Grunny plushie, rather than that hideous avatar with a Grunny that has one position, but instead I got that.

Now, everyone can have a Grunny, making the only thing that almost made up for that horrible experience completely insignificant. Sure, those avatars are rarer than halos, but it was the Grunny that really mattered. And of course, the admins don't give a damn. Next time I meet Lanzer, I think that I'll either bring up this subject, or just call him a whore.

#66 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:39:53 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, the week has passed and I got a mention from a fellow forumgoer! W00T! Anyways, here are the results of my Avatar Arena test...

Score: 5.8583
Times Rated: 328
Comments: 84
Human Commentary: Neutral to Positive
Bot Commentary: Negative to Neutral

As you can see, apparently the bots didn't like my avatar much. Maybe they have Grunny shit for brains. In any case, I honestly didn't expect such a high rating. I expected a 3 average at the most. Seems the Gaians can see the forest for the trees when it's necessary. So maybe the vast majority of voting Gaians aren't quite idiots after all.

The Conclusion: My hypothesis has been disproven by the comments I received. Thanks to NajiMinkin for leaving a comment! If there are any others that left comments that frequent IRG, stand up and let me know!

On another note, I'm very sorry that they did that to you, Razara. Even though my mom and I own one of these collectibles, we will never use them on our avatars. Grunnies were a sign of distinction back in the day; that much I am aware of. I had a friend who was almost Grunnyfied, and you reaching the final stage gave you a truly special avatar to remember forever. Stupid Gaia and their stupid Monthly Collectible ideas...what were they thinking? emot-mad

#67 | Back to Top10-22-2007 10:45:33 AM

Stephanie
Yasha Assassin #1
Website

TADA!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/3b0ddd5d.png http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/c3678013.png http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/00851ccf.png http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/bc7054.png

Well, I'm not really playing Gaia, but I made this characters before... I love the white haired one.. etc-love

EDIT:

http://public.tektek.org/img/av/m09/d08/11/774341.png http://public.tektek.org/img/av/m09/d08/11/b50e19.png http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/2bbb3415.png

All of them (Except the 1st one) was made for my forum's RolePlaying.. emot-biggrin

Last edited by Stephanie (10-22-2007 10:57:43 AM)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/621ed118do3-1.jpg
"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there
Bigger than ourselves and our dreams.."
~FMA

Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account

#68 | Back to Top11-03-2007 03:39:47 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Well, this just made my day. I think Razara might find it amusing.

A word of warning, though. Depending on where you work, it might not be work safe. So...I'll say this:

NWS!!

Encyclopedia Dramatica about Gaia Online

I think this answers any questions about Gaia people might have... school-devil

Last edited by BioKraze (11-03-2007 03:42:28 PM)

#69 | Back to Top11-03-2007 04:23:42 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

BioKraze wrote:

Well, this just made my day. I think Razara might find it amusing.

A word of warning, though. Depending on where you work, it might not be work safe. So...I'll say this:

NWS!!

Encyclopedia Dramatica about Gaia Online

I think this answers any questions about Gaia people might have... school-devil

So very true. All of it.

The fact about all Gaians playing RuneScape kind of makes me feel worse about playing RuneScape, but then I remember that just about everyone who plays RuneScape is a fucking moron.

#70 | Back to Top11-05-2007 08:05:07 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The Halloween event was fun to an extent. Razara, be grateful you didn't participate. You would never have had the time to do both sides of the coin...

...or did you participate? I didn't see you at the event. Oh, well.

But it was fun anyways. emot-keke

#71 | Back to Top11-05-2007 08:12:39 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I hope that it was better than that horrible Halloween event that took place two years ago. emot-mad *Never gets tired of bitching about that*

Actually, I really do hope that it was better. I felt bad for Jacabo, since he really didn't mean for it to go that badly. Did people have fun, without splitting into different groups and killing each other this year?

#72 | Back to Top11-05-2007 08:18:21 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

No, just your typical Gambino vs. Von Helson battle royale. Humans staking vampires and vampires biting humans. Typical Gaia Halloween fare. emot-rolleyes

Apparently, Ian is really a Von Helson, but denied it for years. And the Von Helsons' father captured Gino as a bargaining chip of some sort. It's all very confusing and not really pertinent to the Halloween event as a game to play. emot-confused

I played both sides, though. emot-keke Got some neat stuff, too.

#73 | Back to Top11-05-2007 08:22:53 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Oh, the drama. I stopped paying attention around the time that Ian got arrested. That really annoyed me, since he was the very first NPC shop owner, and yet they made him go away for a while. Hell, he might still be gone for all I know. Why couldn't they have done it to that pretty-boy instead?

#74 | Back to Top11-05-2007 08:26:28 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Who, Liam? Eh, they could have done away with him, but...too much drama, again.

I missed the trial anyway. Go team me! emot-dance

#75 | Back to Top11-13-2007 02:43:50 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Dyepez wrote:

Razara wrote:

The fact about all Gaians playing RuneScape kind of makes me feel worse about playing RuneScape, but then I remember that just about everyone who plays RuneScape is a fucking moron.

Damn, although I’m ashamed of having even registered in Runescape (I only played it for 6 hours, I swear), admitting that I have (had) 2 Gaia Accounts makes me want to suicide eating a firecracker while being covered with gasoline…

I'm level 93 on RuneScape, and I have over 5,000 posts on Gaia. *Locks herself in her room for days and cries*

Board footer