This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-07-2010 09:08:02 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

vIRGin meetups

While the idea of all of us getting together for one BIG con is pretty freaking cool, I was struck with the idea of doing smaller meet-ups - that way we can all still IRL bond and not worry too much about money.

I know I would like to get to know the vIRGins in my area - I need more friends in my hometown. So am I silly or does this interest anyone else?

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#2 | Back to Top02-08-2010 03:55:48 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Re: vIRGin meetups

Nah, nothing silly about it. I love hanging out with my fellow vIRGins, and have made a few trips to do so in the past. Philly is a bit of a stretch for me right now though. emot-frown

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#3 | Back to Top02-08-2010 06:45:49 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

I love this idea, though obviously for me it applies mostly to the few Aussies in IRG. emot-biggrin Tamago, any other Aussies, close-by Kiwis such as Clarice, and visiting vIRGins from other countries - anyone I know from here who happens to pass through sunny Queensland, PM me and we'll set something up. I'd love to do coffee and chat obsessively about Utena & co. poptart

#4 | Back to Top02-08-2010 10:15:39 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Gio, Mocha, moroschino, and I -- Floridians all -- all get together at various intervals, usually in pairs but sometimes in larger groups.  It's been wonderful and I'd encourage others to try it.  emot-smile

#5 | Back to Top02-08-2010 10:33:07 AM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Wow, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to thing of this!  Now we can open up some streams of communication.

Maybe we should use this thread as a planning thread.

#6 | Back to Top02-08-2010 11:47:37 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

Yeah, like those of us who live in the Upper midwest! That'll be doomly goodness! Err... heh.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#7 | Back to Top02-08-2010 12:06:09 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I could probably get out to PA ... sometime. Not right now, because life is buffeting me around with exams I'm never ready for, but in general it wouldn't be that much of a trip. I could drive it even (although everytime I take a driving trip I manage to get ticketed....) When it's a bit warmer maybe.

#8 | Back to Top02-08-2010 12:07:41 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ha ha sharnii, don't tempt me -- I'm pissed off at life in general, and running away to Oz for a few days sounds nice. At least your weather is reliable, as compared to our so-called "summer"...actually, I want to go snorkelling. emot-mad

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#9 | Back to Top02-09-2010 01:45:55 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

So like snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef or something? I've never been there...and it's one of the 7 natural wonders of the world too. school-devil Shameful of me. I live pretty close to Brisbane (the capital of Queensland), and that in turn is close to the famous Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast (golden beaches, great surf). And to the hinterlands where we have tropical rainforest up mountain ranges. Hmm, can I sound more like a tour guide hehe?

And our weather is more than reliable at the moment, it's killing me with heat. But that's just me, I really feel the heat and cold both. But I don't envy you Kiwi weather at all...

I'll wait for you to be both pissed and have money. emot-tongue

#10 | Back to Top02-09-2010 06:05:33 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Soooo....any other Brits here?
Anyone?
D:

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#11 | Back to Top02-09-2010 09:00:43 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

If anyone's ever willing to come to Portland, ME, I'd love to hang out with them for as long as feasibly possible. Things are cheap, yummy, organic (if you're into that emot-tongue), easy to walk to and the climate in summer's to die for! One can see free shows, go on boating tours, visit museums... And we have food. Lots and lots of really great, really unique food.

Or, more like a mini-Rose Con than just hanging out, we could rent a house on the ocean! I know this house well and wish it were mine. With a medium sized group of people, say, 7-ish? A week would cost roughly fifty or sixty bucks a night, per person. The streets are lined with wild roses, you can walk to a miniature grocery store for most everything you need, the water is cool and lovely... It'd be a nice little retreat, totally Maine, totally laid back, totally awesome. I'd be up for playing chauffeur (as long as we traveled five at a time emot-redface), so no extra fees on to-and-from airport travel. This is the economy option! It could totally happen and it totally should happen. Srsly, guiz. You know you want to.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#12 | Back to Top02-09-2010 09:09:33 AM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

sharnii wrote:

I love this idea, though obviously for me it applies mostly to the few Aussies in IRG. emot-biggrin Tamago, any other Aussies, close-by Kiwis such as Clarice, and visiting vIRGins from other countries - anyone I know from here who happens to pass through sunny Queensland, PM me and we'll set something up. I'd love to do coffee and chat obsessively about Utena & co. poptart

You mark my words, one day I'll come to you, my love, and then we shall be together forever!!!
I'm speaking, of course, to Australia.

WAIT FOR ME ALL YE LITTLE KOALAS!

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#13 | Back to Top02-09-2010 11:53:27 AM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

I dunno if our mod works at USF Tampa's library, but if he's there when I transfer, I'll be sure to stop by.  I was actually there two weeks ago...hm...

#14 | Back to Top02-18-2010 05:48:24 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Aya: You mark my words, one day I'll come to you, my love, and then we shall be together forever!!!
I'm speaking, of course, to Australia.

emot-rofl emot-rofl emot-rofl

You know I've heard Australia gets that all the time!

#15 | Back to Top02-21-2010 10:55:50 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

spoon-san wrote:

I dunno if our mod works at USF Tampa's library, but if he's there when I transfer, I'll be sure to stop by.  I was actually there two weeks ago...hm...

I've missed this for two weeks.  emot-smile  I don't work there yet, but I hope to over the summer!  Stop by and if there's a male in the building it's probably me.  emot-rofl

#16 | Back to Top03-14-2010 11:43:27 AM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Philly area vIRGins! There will be a convention this summer at the Lowes Hotel, Inochicon.

I suggest we have a meetup. Worst comes to worst, we can hang out if the con sucks.

#17 | Back to Top05-25-2010 10:48:50 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I wonder if there are any other Edmonton vIRGins? Syora and I have been hanging out on a pretty regular basis, but aside from her and a few of my friends who joined just to check up on what kind of online hijinks I was getting up to, I've never heard of another Edmonton vIRGin.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#18 | Back to Top05-26-2010 12:58:27 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Doubt there are (m)any Ohioans here.  >.>

#19 | Back to Top05-26-2010 05:46:21 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Fanime's this weekend and I'm wondering, are any San Jose vIRGins going?

#20 | Back to Top05-26-2010 06:44:21 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

winksniper wrote:

Actually, I know there is at least one other, I just can't remember if it was Jelli/Katz or someone else.  Besides, it depends on what part of Ohio you're in--there are at least two Hoosiers, after all. ^_-

#21 | Back to Top05-26-2010 07:30:08 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Mylene wrote:

winksniper wrote:

Actually, I know there is at least one other, I just can't remember if it was Jelli/Katz or someone else.  Besides, it depends on what part of Ohio you're in--there are at least two Hoosiers, after all. ^_-

emot-aaa That's definitely a good thing.  The closest rather-well-known city near me is Hamilton.

#22 | Back to Top05-27-2010 05:03:16 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

winksniper wrote:

Mylene wrote:

winksniper wrote:

emot-aaa That's definitely a good thing.  The closest rather-well-known city near me is Hamilton.

That's down at least somewhat near Mason and Cinci, a perfect location for a Kings Island or Cinci meet up.  We're in Indianapolis, so it's just a couple hours away.

#23 | Back to Top05-27-2010 01:43:22 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

A Kings Island meetup sounds like an excellent idea, I think we should get us midwestern vIRGins together and do it!

#24 | Back to Top05-27-2010 03:19:16 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Do you hate Twilight? Have you ever wanted to see the places that have inspired this abomination? That also coincidentally (of course) is the setting for a fuckload of other vampire stories? Would you like to throw some stones at fans who suddenly worship our natural pastiness? Then come visit me in the Pacific Northwest! I'll imprison you and stick you in my basement! It'll be oodles of illegal fun!

Mylene: Actually, I know there is at least one other, I just can't remember if it was Jelli/Katz or someone else.

No, I'm not part of the Ohions' special people club. Can you give me an honorary membership, though? emot-biggrin

Last edited by Katzenklavier (05-27-2010 03:22:32 PM)

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#25 | Back to Top05-27-2010 04:44:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Katzenklavier wrote:

Do you hate Twilight? Have you ever wanted to see the places that have inspired this abomination? That also coincidentally (of course) is the setting for a fuckload of other vampire stories? Would you like to throw some stones at fans who suddenly worship our natural pastiness? Then come visit me in the Pacific Northwest! I'll imprison you and stick you in my basement! It'll be oodles of illegal fun!

Next time I am in Vancouver with some form of transportation, I may just slide on over the border to see you.

You'll know it's me because I'll be in your basement in the middle of the night trying to figure out how to lock all of the shackles without bothering you for help emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer