This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top04-20-2007 10:21:19 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

Re: ask ikuni!!

Oooh, my first poptart. Thank you!

#102 | Back to Top04-20-2007 04:03:28 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

My initial guess, just off the top of my head, would be St. Francis.

Last edited by rhyaniwyn (04-20-2007 04:04:03 PM)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#103 | Back to Top04-20-2007 11:26:14 PM

ikuni
International Man of Mystery

Hiraku wrote:

ikuni wrote:

i wondered about toga and saionji too so, i asked toga during filming. he invited me to come find out. of course he knew i would say no. he is a bastard sometimes which is why i don't like talking to him... and i don't like the way he looks at utena.

You don't like Touga because he's a bastard sometimes? Isn't Shiori someone much worse than Touga? She takes one boyfriend after another to make Juri miserable, and she's shameless about it, too.
Maybe that's why she was a butterfly in the movie? Butterfly represents decay in the movie, no?

no, sorry. butterfly shiori is an inside joke between me and ms. saito. same as mickey's stopwatch and the black rose story. hiraite sumimasen. (O_~)

Hiraku wrote:

Speaking of decay... When Anthy was driving the Utena car out to the Outside World, has Utena completely lost her senses as human, or is she feeling all the hits and impacts from other cars during the whole race? (I've wondered if she'd secretly screamed "ow" many times when the cars fall on her)

utena is feeling all the wounds inflicted to her by the other cars. yet when she comes back at the end she has no marks. this is meant to portray jesus christ who had no wounds when he rose at easter and, then made out with john the apostle.

Hiraku wrote:

I have a question about what you said here, too:

ikuni wrote:

about the three periods. utena is uncomfortable around jury because, jury is an older girl who knows more than utena and so, she makes utena think of her mother. utena can't get too close to jury because, what if jury dies too? or what if she is end of the world? utena must be very careful and does not always say her whole thoughts.

What kind of person do you imagine Utena's mother to be? Many people have already seen Utena's aunt through Chiho Saito's manga of Utena, but no one seems to have gotten the information about Utena's birth parents, like who she resembles the most? Does she look more like her father? Is her personality coming from her mother?

utena looks like her father except for the eyes, she has her mother's eyes. she is sick of being told this.

Hiraku wrote:

Actually, we don't get information about any character's parents at all except for Miki's father who's marrying another woman. Would you like to tell us about the parents of Utena and the parents of the Seitokai members?

and what a woman!! d(*^.^*)b

this is a very long question. i never really thought about it.

Last edited by ikuni (04-20-2007 11:33:53 PM)

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。
イクニと申しますが、アメリカは本当のいい国ですよ。

#104 | Back to Top04-20-2007 11:35:32 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Chu-Chu....Experiment gone horribly cute??

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#105 | Back to Top04-20-2007 11:51:50 PM

ikuni

Razara wrote:

Well, if I were to ask you one question Ikuni, it would probably be about your opinion of Shiori.

i don't know whether it matters my opinion of shiori. she will continue on being shiori either way. but i think you should tell her what you feel about her. that girl needs a spanking and a kiss... like president bush.

Razara wrote:

But instead, I'll ask you what this picture means:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/ … aps096.jpg
It took me all day to figure out what the other statues mean. You wouldn't happen to know who this is a statue of, would you Ikuni? emot-wink I've already found some very interesting symbolism in this scene, such as Juri's choice in night-wear. (*Giggles*)

hmm... it looks like st. francis of assisi, that loved animals, with his favorite deer. francis was known for being deer-eyed. he also liked to talk to birds and was very parroty. it is best not to say what he got from baby sheep. but shout it out if you can guess. this is a riddle for you.

Last edited by ikuni (04-20-2007 11:58:14 PM)

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#106 | Back to Top04-20-2007 11:57:07 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ikuni wrote:

hmm... it looks like st. francis of assisi, that loved animals, with his favorite deer. francis was known for being deer-eyed. he also liked to talk to birds and was very parroty. it is best not to say what he got from baby sheep. but shout it out if you can guess.

Did he sound like one by leaving a trail of "baa" behind every sentence he says?

#107 | Back to Top04-21-2007 12:01:25 AM

ikuni

Hiraku wrote:

ikuni wrote:

hmm... it looks like st. francis of assisi, that loved animals, with his favorite deer. francis was known for being deer-eyed. he also liked to talk to birds and was very parroty. it is best not to say what he got from baby sheep. but shout it out if you can guess.

Did he sound like one by leaving a trail of "baa" behind every sentence he says?

no, he was not convinced by the "sheep bell" that pope innocent i.i.i. sent him.

Last edited by ikuni (04-21-2007 12:02:28 AM)

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#108 | Back to Top04-21-2007 12:03:43 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

ikuni wrote:

utena is feeling all the wounds inflicted to her by the other cars. yet when she comes back at the end she has no marks. this is meant to portray jesus christ who had no wounds when he rose at easter and, then made out with john the apostle.

You mean he didn't have holes in his hands? Also, was John a good kisser?

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#109 | Back to Top04-21-2007 01:18:09 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I thought Jesus did have marks. emot-confused

Ikuni, was Akio literally castrated in the movie? What about the castrated tower? And what was up with that doodle monster attacking Nanami cow and Chuchu?

#110 | Back to Top04-21-2007 01:51:51 AM

ikuni

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

well, it is very hard to write japanimation shows. it is helpful to include one guy who does exactly what you would do in any situation. if saionji was hurting my master then, i would threaten him with a fork. if you want to know "what kind of a guy is ikuni," watch chu chu. by the way ms. takeuchi did this with luna when we worked together on sailor moon, and i am ok sure mr. anno did it with misato's kiwi bird.

ShatteredMirror wrote:

You mean he didn't have holes in his hands? Also, was John a good kisser?

i am not telling you about this until you tell me your answer to the blackbird question from before. i have been waiting to find out the truth!!

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Ikuni, was Akio literally castrated in the movie? What about the castrated tower? And what was up with that doodle monster attacking Nanami cow and Chuchu?

well, i was inspired on this by the witch in the hansel and gretel story. the witch likes eating the fat parts and, anthy is a witch.

the doodle monster was very afraid and, he wanted to get close to nanami for security. but he has trouble understanding relationships.

Last edited by ikuni (04-21-2007 01:53:07 AM)

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#111 | Back to Top04-21-2007 02:12:29 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Really? It's because I don't eat either of them.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#112 | Back to Top04-21-2007 07:11:07 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ikuni wrote:

well, i was inspired on this by the witch in the hansel and gretel story. the witch likes eating the fat parts and, anthy is a witch.

the doodle monster was very afraid and, he wanted to get close to nanami for security. but he has trouble understanding relationships.

Is that why the doodle monster and Chu-chu flies into the Nanami-cow's nose and suffocates her, and then the doodle monster bites Chuchu?

#113 | Back to Top04-21-2007 08:38:52 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

ikuni wrote:

i don't know whether it matters my opinion of shiori. she will continue on being shiori either way. but i think you should tell her what you feel about her. that girl needs a spanking and a kiss... like president bush.

Comparing her to a goat is one thing, but comparing her to President Bush is a little uncalled for. emot-frown

But believe me, I would tell her how I feel if I could... And I can think of a few ways to punish her as well. emot-wink

#114 | Back to Top04-21-2007 08:53:00 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ikuni wrote:

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

well, it is very hard to write japanimation shows. it is helpful to include one guy who does exactly what you would do in any situation. if saionji was hurting my master then, i would threaten him with a fork. if you want to know "what kind of a guy is ikuni," watch chu chu. by the way ms. takeuchi did this with luna when we worked together on sailor moon, and i am ok sure mr. anno did it with misato's kiwi bird.

Come to think of Chu-Chu, why does he look like a mouse AND a monkey?

#115 | Back to Top04-21-2007 11:23:35 PM

ikuni

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Really? It's because I don't eat either of them.

i think i liked my answers better but, it is good that you do not eat those things.

actually the relevant books say that resurrected-jesus did keep his holes, but i am skeptical. if i was to go to all of the trouble of raising a guy from the dead, i would definitely stitch him shut first. that is common sense. so utena has no marks.

john was a great kisser. the release of sexual tension was very satisfying for all concerned. just like in the movie.

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#116 | Back to Top04-22-2007 02:45:53 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Is Chu-Chu somehow related to Cheburashka?

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#117 | Back to Top04-22-2007 10:24:02 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

ikuni wrote:

john was a great kisser. the release of sexual tension was very satisfying for all concerned. just like in the movie.

Oh my! Then I supposed you've watched the 1988 movie, The Last Temptation of Christ, no? I love that movie, and how it connects so well with Utena such as the time when Akio kissed Utena and had sex with her twice. In that Christ movie, Satan also tempted Jesus to sleep with three different women.
Of course, in Utena, Akio's Lucifer, not Satan, who are two completely different people. But, I like Lucifer better because I feel I can relate to him and his desire to break out.

Last edited by Hiraku (04-22-2007 10:24:54 AM)

#118 | Back to Top04-23-2007 08:51:30 AM

Peony_White
New Student

Impersonation r bad for your pancreas, you know.

Sometimes I put on a large taco-suit and throw bacon bits at children.

#119 | Back to Top04-23-2007 09:15:01 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

ya, rly.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#120 | Back to Top04-23-2007 01:13:01 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Eh, don't spoil the fun, guys.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#121 | Back to Top04-23-2007 03:03:07 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Nah, these good folks are right -- I've had my fun.  And while I'm pretty sure that the real Ikuni doesn't know enough English to read the forum, I'd hate to piss him off if he does.  (His answers in interviews are along the same lines as mine, though: obviously made up on the spot, yet just plausible enough that you feel like you're supposed to believe him because, after all, he's the creator of the show.)

So yes, to no one's surprise, I am Ikuni!  And thus endeth the charade!

#122 | Back to Top04-23-2007 03:06:17 PM

ikuni

yes, i was satyreyes all along. thank you for your questions!!

but i will still give a fake ikuni pop-tart which is full of fake ikuni goodness to whoever answers my riddle earlier. if francis is deer-eyed because he likes deer and parroty because he talks to birds then, what does he get from baby sheep? and why is this an especially good riddle?

嘘に嫌われていたいけど。。。

#123 | Back to Top04-23-2007 03:37:17 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

WOT????? NOEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 It's wierd that this Peony_White girl is so much liek me, tho.  Srsly. its liek shes muh fan.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#124 | Back to Top04-24-2007 12:05:10 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh god, hya! You better watch out, she might be a stalkerfan!

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#125 | Back to Top04-24-2007 12:06:12 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

oh noes! someone is stalking hya! emot-frown

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

Board footer