This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-26-2007 10:13:51 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Rose of Versailles Redux

Now, I've never seen the original, but this popped up on youtube of the new version of Rose of Versailles!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#2 | Back to Top03-26-2007 11:18:55 AM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Re: Rose of Versailles Redux

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!
Thank you so much for letting us know about this!
I love Rose of Versailles series to pieces. To think that they're gonna do a motion picture after all these years...
The graphics is excellent with the 3D feel being put into the screen, not to mention that the music is composed by Yoshiki! X-Japan's Yoshiki, right? I love his music, too!

Again, I can't thank you enough for showing this clip etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#3 | Back to Top03-26-2007 11:29:19 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Waaah, so pretty! Lady Oscar is back! etc-love

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#4 | Back to Top03-26-2007 11:55:15 AM

Hina the Prince
Friend, Perhaps

OMG YES. OSCAR MY LOVE. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

[...I was hoping for some Oscar/Antionette, though. >_>;]

#5 | Back to Top03-26-2007 01:37:34 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

wow it looks really nice. I wasn't never able to see the anime or read the manga but I have heard really wonderful things of that series. It's nice it will be a movie.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#6 | Back to Top03-26-2007 02:03:13 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

There actually is a live-action Rose of Versailles movie out there, y'know - it was actually filmed in Europe with European actors, and then released in Japan with Japanese subtitles, I believe. I'm pretty sure I have a link to where you can obtain a copy, too... I'm gonna go look for it.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#7 | Back to Top03-26-2007 03:23:15 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

A Day Without Me wrote:

There actually is a live-action Rose of Versailles movie out there, y'know - it was actually filmed in Europe with European actors, and then released in Japan with Japanese subtitles, I believe. I'm pretty sure I have a link to where you can obtain a copy, too... I'm gonna go look for it.

I knew the theather version was very popular but didn't knew there was a movie.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#8 | Back to Top03-26-2007 04:31:05 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

Oooh, wow, from what I can see it looks beautiful and captures the style of Riyoko Ikeda's artwork very well... I hope the execution of the plot is carried off just as well, considering how long of a story it is.

I read Berubara for the first time when I was 9 and I didn't really get it, because my Japanese wasn't very good, but I read it again last year and broke out in tears because it's so sad. I couldn't bring myself to finish reading it because I was too upset about what happened to Andre.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

#9 | Back to Top03-26-2007 07:15:39 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

The movie you were talking about. I think I saw it in Youtube once...
I felt it literally derailed from the original context of the Berubara, but at least people had a taste of Berubara outside of Japan emot-smile

#10 | Back to Top03-26-2007 07:24:24 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Hiraku wrote:

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!!
Thank you so much for letting us know about this!
I love Rose of Versailles series to pieces. To think that they're gonna do a motion picture after all these years...
The graphics is excellent with the 3D feel being put into the screen, not to mention that the music is composed by Yoshiki! X-Japan's Yoshiki, right? I love his music, too!

Again, I can't thank you enough for showing this clip etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

You're welcome! I figured it would be of interest to more than a few people around here. cool  Actually, I only found out about that video from another message board, myself.  I've wanted to see the original anime version for quite a while now, but have yet to find the best, ahem, way to. emot-wink

Actually... now that I think about it... if the new movie eventually gets licensed and released over here, wouldn't they (whoever theoretically licenses it) also want to get the original series too?  There may still be hope! emot-dance

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#11 | Back to Top03-26-2007 07:26:15 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

You're welcome! I figured it would be of interest to more than a few people around here. cool  Actually, I only found out about that video from another message board, myself.  I've wanted to see the original anime version for quite a while now, but have yet to find the best, ahem, way to. emot-wink

Actually... now that I think about it... if the new movie eventually gets licensed and released over here, wouldn't they (whoever theoretically licenses it) also want to get the original series too?  There may still be hope! emot-dance

Hope springs eternal! Until then, I go to my fandubs... or not, since I haven't watched it yet and never seem to have time to watch anything anymore. emot-mad

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#12 | Back to Top04-02-2007 09:22:47 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

I must watch this. Deon is not satisfying my Versailles craving.

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

Board footer