This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top08-16-2008 03:00:16 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Re: The Overhyped Events Thread

I saw the very last half of the new Batman movie, when a shop had a bootleg copy playing. I thought, from what I understood of the plot and Joker's motives, it was very compelling!!!
Still, I'ma big Joker fan & loyal to Jack Nicholson who I will always think of when I think of the Joker. Much like I'll always see Michelle Phiffer (sp?) when I think of Catwoman.

Some mentioned Elder Scrolls: Oblivion being overhyped? I gotcha. I love the game, I'm actually playing it through for the 3rd time - but you're right concerning the voice actors. After that awesome tease with Patrick Stewart doing the king's voice, you get all excited and then...seems to be the same 5 people who pop up all over the towns! The dungeons ARE repetative. I wish there were several ways to beat them - and the main quest IS short.

But I do love the variety of plants available for the alchemy skill. Now if only I could put together a potion that was actually useful. It's a good game though, because well, I'm off to play more! Cheers! emot-biggrin

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#102 | Back to Top08-16-2008 11:06:57 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

mercurynin wrote:

I used to have kneejerk reactions to Spring Break.  Everyone wanted to go somewhere warm, while I went to places like Frankenmuth and Chicago.  That's when I was up to traveling at all during Spring Break, that is.

(Re: Frankenmuth, Bronner's is fucking crazy.  I can only last about a half-hour in there, and that's only if Zehnder's chicken, fudge, and beer are involved at some point in the day.)

Am I the only one in Michigan that's never been to Frankenmuth?

#103 | Back to Top08-17-2008 05:53:19 AM

Triforce742
Pained Growlithe

Frosty wrote:

I saw the very last half of the new Batman movie, when a shop had a bootleg copy playing. I thought, from what I understood of the plot and Joker's motives, it was very compelling!!!
Still, I'ma big Joker fan & loyal to Jack Nicholson who I will always think of when I think of the Joker. Much like I'll always see Michelle Phiffer (sp?) when I think of Catwoman.

Some mentioned Elder Scrolls: Oblivion being overhyped? I gotcha. I love the game, I'm actually playing it through for the 3rd time - but you're right concerning the voice actors. After that awesome tease with Patrick Stewart doing the king's voice, you get all excited and then...seems to be the same 5 people who pop up all over the towns! The dungeons ARE repetative. I wish there were several ways to beat them - and the main quest IS short.

But I do love the variety of plants available for the alchemy skill. Now if only I could put together a potion that was actually useful. It's a good game though, because well, I'm off to play more! Cheers! emot-biggrin

Hehehe, if you ever become me, you can start making potions that will make you 109% Chameleon for 3 minutes at a time, or the ability to make myself suddenly able to carry a thousand pounds more for 12 minutes. Haha, 100 alchemy is a great great thing. Oh, tip to raise that skill up. Outside of the city on the hill, starts with an S I believe. There are some grape fields next to the walls. Take every single grape, and do this every once in awhile, and just make a ton of potions with them, sell them, and repeat.

You want something that wasn't overhyped and really deserved to be though. Morrowind. It's the prequel to Oblivion, but it's better in my opinion.

"LAUGH WITH ME"
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk113/Triforce742/MGS4BeastLaughingOctopus-2.jpg

#104 | Back to Top11-26-2008 02:04:06 AM

Frangipangie
Ohtori Paramouri

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

dollface wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

I liked Kingdom Hearts 2, but for all the wrong reasons, since I'm not a gamer and was mainly in it for the Organization 13 and the Nightmare Before Christmas levels.  And Yeah.  The Intro? I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ROXAS.

And all Axel does is distract people from the awesomeness of Vexen. emot-mad

Dude, we're getting married. Right now.

I can not STAND Axel. emot-mad Fucking glory hog, you're not a hero! You're not that attractive, fire is not that cool, and you're a dick. My poor Vexen... emot-frown

Most (not all) Axel fans: It doesn't matter that he murdered someone, 'cuase he's in wuv wiv Woxas! etc-love  He's like, soooooooooooooooo deep!

I did use to be a BIG Axel fan, don't get me wrong, but I very very very quickly got burnt out because of the billions of peices of fanart and fanfiction for him.  And it was all AkuRoku, which I don't care for.  And if your even WHISPERED AxelxLarxene, they would eat your face off in rage.

Yes, we will get married, and then we shall COSPLAY.

Hell, I bought Kingdom Hearts 2 for the Nightmare Before Christmas levels and the Organization alone. Axel and Riku can bollocks.
Technically, Axel is responsible for the deaths of at LEAST two members of the organization. But that's okay, according to the fangirl legions, because his love for Roku-chan is pure and Roku-chan made him feel like HE HAD A HEART!!!!11 Boo frickety whoo.
Can I cosplay too?

"I hope you get reincarnated as an animal everyone likes. Like a lamb...
But not an eating lamb."

Board footer