This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-05-2015 06:02:06 PM

CarolineWellwater
Mikage Mistruster

Caroline's All-Access Anime

(( Hey all,

I have an odd question.  Over at PBB, I've been posting a number of anime reviews I've completed.  I don't get a lot of replies from folks, but it does seem to be read a ton. 

Anyway, I have about 45 or so done so far of all sorts of shows.  I probably would need to go back and clean up the first iteration of reviews I did, as I was still figuring out how I wanted to do them.  I usually do one review a month... sometimes two, if I get in one of those moods.  My reviews aren't really professional or anything, yet I do try to make them worth while reads.

I mostly have stuff from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, though I have finally been updating my collection with newer releases as well, so I have some of the 2010s now covered as well.  It spans all sorts of genres and age levels (from 10+ to Adult).  For example, I've done reviews of: 3 x 3 Eyes, Another, Iria OVA, Moonlight Lady, Pandora Hearts, Rozen Maiden, Shamanic Princess, and Steins:Gate.  Right now I'm working on Nyaruko and X/1999.

So... would this be useful to anyone?  Would you all like me to post my reviews here as well? ))

#2 | Back to Top01-02-2016 01:10:11 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Re: Caroline's All-Access Anime

I would be interested in seeing some of them. Maybe post them in the anime rec thread?

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#3 | Back to Top01-02-2016 01:38:34 PM

CarolineWellwater
Mikage Mistruster

(( Decresent Daytripper,

Alright, I will start posting them here as well.

Um... dumb question...  What do you mean by "Anime rec"?  I'm don't think I saw that particular topic-title on the forums.  Though, with my luck, it is going to be something obvious, and them I'm totally going to do a facepalm at myself.

All,

Anyway, in the meantime, here is a link to what I currently have posted over at the PBB forum.  Please be advised that the first, handful of reviews are on the thin side and not as well developed, as I was still figuring out what and how I wanted to review these shows.

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums … mp;start=0

The first page has a few comments from other people on the PBB forum as well as some rules and requests from me, but after about page 1.5 on, it's mostly just me talking to myself. 

If you all have any particular show you want some comments from me on, please let me know, and I'll see if I have it in my collection of stuff.  For example, I've been wanting to do Vicious for a while now, but just haven't.  I currently have To Heart in my queue of reviews.  Be advised, my Laserdisk player and Region 2-DVD player are kaput... so shows like Kakyusei, Doukyusei, and Lemon Cream I will not be able to do right now. 

Lastly, along those same lines, here is another topic that I have over at PBB, where I'm starting to review some of the eroge games I have:

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums … hp?t=13178

Thank you all in advance, for those who go and see what all the fuss is about.

If you have any suggestions, feedback, please let me know.  I'd like these reviews to be useful for people.

Caroline's-Real-World-Avatar ))

#4 | Back to Top01-02-2016 01:48:41 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Anime/Manga Recommendations Thread.

Looking forward to checking out the reviews.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

Board footer