This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:52:41 AM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

Re: Favorite Couple

Well, the thing with pairing two manipulators together, (or indeed, two dominant characters together,) is the fun in watching them both play each other. There's a definite challenge aspect in it for both characters involved, where they can neither of them use any of the more simple, tried-and-true head-fucking, and instead go straight for big guns, (Big guns for manipulators being silent pistols, actually,) and commence trying to affirm dominant status over each other by trying to get the other to do what they want by any means possible. And with Kozue and Akio, 'any means' can be very creative.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#27 | Back to Top01-10-2007 08:37:57 AM

Joku_Krypfto
Saionji Slapper

Straight: Nanami x Saionji
The way I see it, they'll either kill each other, which is good drama, or they'll somehow nullify each others' assholishness and live happily ever after, which is aww. It's a win-win situation!

Gay: Akio x Mikage
As I'm not much of a Touga fan, I was at loss as for what to put here until Ivy-chan mentioned this wonderful piece of crack. I approve!

Lesbian: Utena x Anthy
Because the dance scene in the movie is just so aww.

Incest: Anthy x Akio
It brings out the best in both of the characters! school-devil

Bizarre: Akio/Akio
I read a fanfic about this once. Akio was brooding about Anthy leaving and then another Akio came and totally molested the first Akio. It was hot. etc-wankdude

Originality is nothing.
Hypertextuality is everything.
Obey your hypertextuality.
☞ MOKUSHIKUSHIMOSHIMOKUKUMOSHIMOSHIKUSHIKUMO ☜

#28 | Back to Top01-10-2007 08:40:47 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Joku_Krypfto wrote:

Bizarre: Akio/Akio
I read a fanfic about this once. Akio was brooding about Anthy leaving and then another Akio came and totally molested the first Akio. It was hot. etc-wankdude

Is sex with your clone masturbation?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#29 | Back to Top01-10-2007 09:07:43 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Ya know, I've always wondered that.  Would you just be doing the same thing and just constantly be bumping noses?  Or would it be amazingly hot, beacuse you knew your own spots so well?

I tend to think there'd just be alot of nose-bumping and 'ow's

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#30 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:13:50 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Well not necessarily. At least not nose bumping.

If Clone-Akio tilts his head to the right, leaning forward and at the same time Akio tilts his head to the right and leans forward; as long as they're facing each other they'll both have their heads tilted to the opposite angle and can kiss each other freely.

Deciding which one gets to stick what and where, on the other hand...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#31 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:17:08 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

You people have this clone crap all wrong. It's just a copy of you, and perfectly capable of getting fucked while you do the fucking. cool

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#32 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:32:09 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

But if it's a copy of the mind as well, it may not agree to it!

#33 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:38:55 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Straight couple (boy/girl) Saionji & Wakaba
     He would flourish with the kind of devoted attention Wakaba would give. He deserves her, and she....wants him. They could make such a wonderful pair.

Gay couple (boy/boy) Touga & Saionji, Akio & Touga
    T & S, I like how they started as childhood friends, then the jealousy developing during young adulthood, it would make for great powerplays in bed. A & T, just because I find the idea of anyone topping Touga hot.

Lesbian couple (girl/girl) Utena & Anthy   
    It's sweet. I love the idea of one person's heart, helping to heal another persons wounds. I try to base my life around this principle.

incest couple (brother/sister) Akio & Anthy
     I like Miki, and I like Kozue, but I don't root for them as a couple. I don't root for A&A as a couple, either, but I do love those raunchy bedroom shots.

Number one couple (your favorite!) Utena & Anthy

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#34 | Back to Top01-10-2007 12:56:35 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Straight: Ruka/Juri... 2nd place to Saionji/Wakaba if he could ever get his head out his ass.

Gay: Well I never liked Mamiya... so Touga/Saionji.  And honorable mention goes to the two students at Nemuro hall that were holding hands. haha.

Lesbian: ...um none. I've never been interested in Utena/Anthy.  And I hate Shiori... meh...

Incest: Akio/Anthy for having more layers than an onion.

Last edited by Scortia (01-10-2007 12:58:16 PM)

#35 | Back to Top01-10-2007 01:09:08 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

Scortia wrote:

Gay: Well I never liked Mamiya... so Touga/Saionji.  And honorable mention goes to the two students at Nemuro hall that were holding hands. haha.

Hmm, I smell a fanfiction plot... I am sad to say I don't remember this scene, though.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#36 | Back to Top01-10-2007 04:35:35 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

Straight: Utena and Touga - I can't help it. I've been obsessed with them for years (and counting)!. The first fanfic I've read was Utena and Touga. The first fanfic I wrote was Utena and Touga. Hell, I read the manga before watching the anime and it was written in an Utena/Touga kind of way. Need I say more?

Lesbian: Juri and Shiori - I'll stay standard this one. Don't y'all just love Juri's passion?

Gay: Akio and Touga - Watch this and you'll totally understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddt8g9kxgp0.

#37 | Back to Top01-10-2007 08:54:47 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hey Rae, I think Scortia made that video. Why don't you congratulate her? emot-smile

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#38 | Back to Top01-10-2007 11:01:06 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

That's REALLY funny! etc-wankgirl
I etc-love that!

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#39 | Back to Top01-11-2007 11:07:44 AM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Yar that's my video.... I  uploaded the video myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcSYbOo__og after the poster didn't respond when I asked her to give me credit... granted, I was dumb to put it on animemusicvideos.org without my name in the video and imagine that it wouldn't eventually end up elsewhere... granted, I made this before youtube existed. >P

Glad you guys like the video... apparently it's well known, my friend went up to Ohayocon and said people were talking about it up there, lol.

#40 | Back to Top01-11-2007 11:19:34 AM

A Day Without Me

Wow, that's a really well-done AMV, Scortia. I mean, you've got the lips synched with the song which is way amazing.

#41 | Back to Top01-11-2007 12:57:11 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Straight couple (boy/girl) Ruka x Juri,
Gay couple (boy/boy) Mikage x Mamiya, Miki x Mikage emot-dance
Lesbian couple (girl/girl) Shiori x Kozue emot-dance
incest couple (brother/sister) Mamiya x Tokiko (don't ask)
Number One Mikage x Mamiya x Miki

Edit: Miki x Mikage it's absorving my mind, i didn't like it at first, but since it has been introduced in my head, i just can't take it out.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (01-11-2007 01:00:11 PM)

#42 | Back to Top01-11-2007 01:45:47 PM

Nerrik
Wakaba Wrangler

I think you just about... nailed (gigglesnort) it, Arki. AND ZOMG YOU TOUCH MY TRALALA! etc-wankgirl That thing made my day way back when. etc-love

This... is a tough choice for me, though. Utena is one of those things where I seem to like practically all the characters and couplings (even some of the... crack... ones.) But, I'll give it a shot.

Straight couple: Tsuwabuki/Nanami -- Because I'm a pedo. Ruka/Juri is there, too. D: Mostly because Ruka isn't an insane male and Juri is just plain awesome, not just in her potential.
Gay couple: Touga/Saionji -- You know, male gayness doesn't get enough attention in Utena. I like this couple just because... I have a thing for Saionji. Mamiya/Mikage is nice. Though... Mamiya was a little "EEEE."
Lesbian couple: Utena/Anthy -- I mean, come on.
Incest couple: Miki/Kozue -- Way less angst and bitterness than Akio/Anthy (notice I said less) and way more happenin' than Touga/Nanami.

#43 | Back to Top01-11-2007 03:03:15 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Nerrik wrote:

This... is a tough choice for me, though. Utena is one of those things where I seem to like practically all the characters and couplings (even some of the... crack... ones.) But, I'll give it a shot.

Straight couple: Tsuwabuki/Nanami -- Because I'm a pedo. Ruka/Juri is there, too. D: Mostly because Ruka isn't an insane male and Juri is just plain awesome, not just in her potential.
Gay couple: Touga/Saionji -- You know, male gayness doesn't get enough attention in Utena. I like this couple just because... I have a thing for Saionji. Mamiya/Mikage is nice. Though... Mamiya was a little "EEEE."
Lesbian couple: Utena/Anthy -- I mean, come on.
Incest couple: Miki/Kozue -- Way less angst and bitterness than Akio/Anthy (notice I said less) and way more happenin' than Touga/Nanami.

Exactly the list I would have made, including your explanations/comments!

#44 | Back to Top01-11-2007 05:27:27 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

Scortia wrote:

Yar that's my video.... I  uploaded the video myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcSYbOo__og after the poster didn't respond when I asked her to give me credit... granted, I was dumb to put it on animemusicvideos.org without my name in the video and imagine that it wouldn't eventually end up elsewhere... granted, I made this before youtube existed. >P

Glad you guys like the video... apparently it's well known, my friend went up to Ohayocon and said people were talking about it up there, lol.

Oh, just to tell you, I downloaded it from AMV.org a long time ago. I wasn't sure who made it then though. Now I know! Great job!

#45 | Back to Top01-11-2007 07:32:02 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

A Day Without Me wrote:

Scortia wrote:

Hmm, I smell a fanfiction plot... I am sad to say I don't remember this scene, though.

Episode 22, Time 32.54, the Nemuro hand points to them in the crowd. Cute.

#46 | Back to Top01-11-2007 08:07:37 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

Rae wrote:

Straight: Utena and Touga - I can't help it. I've been obsessed with them for years (and counting)!. The first fanfic I've read was Utena and Touga. The first fanfic I wrote was Utena and Touga. Hell, I read the manga before watching the anime and it was written in an Utena/Touga kind of way. Need I say more?

Straight:Thank God I'm not the only one with Utena/Touga inclinations. I tend to go for the couples who might have been, and seeing them go through so many alternating emotions, going between trust and doubt...well, it's intriguing. Give me something interesting, something mutable and unexpected! I'm so haunted by possibility; I think I'd honestly be all over a lot more of the relationships if they were left unresolved. It's sad that most people who write this one believe that Touga was always a prince on a white horse. emot-gonk It makes me want to vomit.

On a purely cute level, Nanami/Saionji also strikes me for some reason. He seems to cut her slack in the series for being his friend's kid sister, and she knows she can get away with it(i.e. egg-punch! emot-tongue) They both need someone to obsess over, who'll obsess just as much back.

Yaoi:Saionji/Touga. So many ways that could go. Akio/Touga is a little boring to me because they're both fully aware what they're getting from the relationship and generally jaded. It's just sex, and I need conflict dammit! emot-mad

Yuri:Utena/Anthy. I need conflict, people. They're absolutely beautiful in the series, but that magic is simply gone when they're portrayed too schmoopy in fanfic. emot-frown Juri and Shiori...honestly, I do love both characters, but I've always felt that those two need to at least get some personal healing on their own before even considering it. Juri may have started to heal, but there's no evidence to suggest that Shiori really has. And a healed Juri would be smart enough to not put up with that bullshit. Just doesn't seem like much more there to me.

Incest: Akio/Anthy. The mind-fuckery, the twisted love, the centuries of history with only each other as a memento from the past. The more complex, the more my eyes glaze over with joy.

Honestly, I think all the characters should live in a free love commune centering around their Prince Utena, who heals them all with her princely shining vag of wonder.

Hat Mafia Member

#47 | Back to Top01-11-2007 10:38:49 PM

A Day Without Me

Dani wrote:

A Day Without Me wrote:

Scortia wrote:

Episode 22, Time 32.54, the Nemuro hand points to them in the crowd. Cute.

Thank you! emot-biggrin

Haha, I immediately went and re-watched that part of the episode and capped it - the quality isn't very good, though, 'cause I had to use the episode on YouTube (I left most of my anime DVD's at school, which is about 900 miles away).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/thoudeadringer/Nemuro.jpg?t=1168580299

Aww, I have a new favorite minor pairing!

#48 | Back to Top01-12-2007 05:22:21 AM

Svetlana
New Student
Website

As for straight...

Xu Yuan wrote:

Straight: I am deeply surprised no one has said Mikage/Utena they would make such a sweet couple in my opinon, in the few moment's you see of them together before mikage sees Tokiko, he looks at her very lovingly, and if it werent' for displaying the duelists on the wall, I'm sure Mikage would have been able to get something out of the relationship as well. Instead though he puts the Black Rose Duelists in plain sight for the world to see.

I can only agree with you ) Utena/ Mikage is my favorite straight couple, though it seems to be not popular amongst SKU fans...
Other favorite straight couples - Saionji/Himemiya and Saionji /Wakaba (it sounds rather perverted... especially first one %_% but I still hope Saionji is not as bad as many ans think of him emot-smile)

Yuri - Juri/Shiori from movie. I like TV series more, but I prefer this couple in movie version, maybe because of Shiori's character there...

Yaoi/Incest - don't have any.

Number one - Utena/Mikage emot-smile

Last edited by Svetlana (01-12-2007 05:23:46 AM)

"Only a fool believes in friendship. - Didn't you know? I am a fool."

{ UTENAMANIA }

#49 | Back to Top01-12-2007 08:44:00 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Svetlana wrote:

As for straight...

Xu Yuan wrote:

Straight: I am deeply surprised no one has said Mikage/Utena they would make such a sweet couple in my opinon, in the few moment's you see of them together before mikage sees Tokiko, he looks at her very lovingly, and if it werent' for displaying the duelists on the wall, I'm sure Mikage would have been able to get something out of the relationship as well. Instead though he puts the Black Rose Duelists in plain sight for the world to see.

I can only agree with you ) Utena/ Mikage is my favorite straight couple, though it seems to be not popular amongst SKU fans...

In deviantart, it's much more easier to find Utena/Mikage fanart than Mamiya/Mikage fanart emot-mad

u_u lucky you.

#50 | Back to Top01-12-2007 02:34:07 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

Haha, I immediately went and re-watched that part of the episode and capped it - the quality isn't very good, though, 'cause I had to use the episode on YouTube (I left most of my anime DVD's at school, which is about 900 miles away).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/ … 1168580299

Aww, I have a new favorite minor pairing!

Wait, the finger was for their hands? I always assumed that guy's ass was important...

Board footer