This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top08-18-2007 09:13:50 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Re: The Neil Gaiman Love Thread

A brief note about Stardust. Firstly, a truly delightful film. Thoroughly Gaiman. Second, the main cast weren't quite strong enough to show well against the supporting cast, who were just perfect, literally. De Niro, Pfeiffer, and Strong in particular are outstanding. GO WATCH IT ALREADY!emot-keke

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#52 | Back to Top08-19-2007 01:44:35 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Stormcrow wrote:

A brief note about Stardust. Firstly, a truly delightful film. Thoroughly Gaiman. Second, the main cast weren't quite strong enough to show well against the supporting cast, who were just perfect, literally. De Niro, Pfeiffer, and Strong in particular are outstanding. GO WATCH IT ALREADY!emot-keke

I will go to see it once it arrives here in Mexico -.-

Guess what I bought outside my campus? Neverwhere paperback british edition for 50 pesos emot-tongue(less than 5 bucks)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#53 | Back to Top08-24-2007 04:35:51 PM

rhyaniwyn
Myth is my Bitch
Website

AGREED!  I saw Stardust a week or so ago, and I thought it was great!  It stayed really quite close to the book, too.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/absolethe/itrg_signature.jpg

#54 | Back to Top08-28-2007 09:27:59 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I have a question about the Sandman series. There are 11 volumes of Sandman but I also found out there were some extra releases - some spin-off stuff, I think. Are they worth getting? Just wondering.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#55 | Back to Top08-28-2007 10:27:02 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

They're all worth reading, in my opinion. Some aren't as good as others, like the second Death book for example, but they're all worth reading.

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#56 | Back to Top08-30-2007 11:59:14 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Maarika wrote:

I have a question about the Sandman series. There are 11 volumes of Sandman but I also found out there were some extra releases - some spin-off stuff, I think. Are they worth getting? Just wondering.

*I haven't read all but the Death volumes by Gaiman are a must.
*Thessaly Witch for hire is a good one too. Actually anything by Bill Willingham is awesome so I recomend to you Fables that is his comic.
*Death at Death's door... I wouldn't recomended it, it has too many cliches of mangas. Jill Thompson  has better works than this one.
*Bast... not sure haven't read it yet.
*Mike Carey is good writer too I liked his special of the furies, Lucifer though is a long series. -.-

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

Board footer